Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you who graduated. Well done!
    And good luck for your races, go out and show what you can do! And let us know how it went.
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started C25K on March 25. I had signed up for my town's annual 5K which is on May 11 (this Saturday). I ended up doing C25K in 7 weeks. When I got to the sustained 2.25 mile runs, I learned that I had more in the tank and could keep going further. So last night I ran the full 3.1 miles in 33:54 without walking. I was happy with that as I've NEVER in my life run before. I know now that I can do it and I'm ready for Saturday's challenge. I hope to finish under 33:00.
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes yes YES!! I made it through and a proud graduate of the c25k :love: it's been tough but a good challenge I feel euphoric now :drinker: I thought I would celebrate my final w9d3 by using my own music instead of that on my APP which was totally amazing and taken the enjoyment to a whole new level!!! I'm off out tonight on a real high.

Who'd have thought that I could become a runner in 7 & half weeks! Amazing and fabulous :love: Good luck to all my fellow runners/joggers
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hehe, thanks! LOL I took it outside this past weekend and I was definitely not able to jog the whole 30 mins. I jogged/walked 3.4 miles in 50:37. I hope that is not too horrible. ;)

Sounds awesome to me. Love the new avatar!
  • FestivalDiva
    Options
    I started C25K on March 25. I had signed up for my town's annual 5K which is on May 11 (this Saturday). I ended up doing C25K in 7 weeks. When I got to the sustained 2.25 mile runs, I learned that I had more in the tank and could keep going further. So last night I ran the full 3.1 miles in 33:54 without walking. I was happy with that as I've NEVER in my life run before. I know now that I can do it and I'm ready for Saturday's challenge. I hope to finish under 33:00.

That is excellent! And I know how you feel it's the first time I've run 30 minutes straight in my life too!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yes yes YES!! I made it through and a proud graduate of the c25k :love: it's been tough but a good challenge I feel euphoric now :drinker: I thought I would celebrate my final w9d3 by using my own music instead of that on my APP which was totally amazing and taken the enjoyment to a whole new level!!! I'm off out tonight on a real high.

Who'd have thought that I could become a runner in 7 & half weeks! Amazing and fabulous :love: Good luck to all my fellow runners/joggers

Well me. I did. But that's because I have experience with the app.

Great job putting the work in and making the commitment to get out there and become a runner!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Congratulations! Great job!
  • FestivalDiva
    Options
    [/Quote]Well me. I did. But that's because I have experience with the app.

Great job putting the work in and making the commitment to get out there and become a runner!
    [/quote]

Thanks !! :love:
  • FestivalDiva
    Options
    I have graduated!!! It took me 11 weeks instead of 9 (did week 3 and week 7 twice). I got to 2.4 miles jogging at 3.8 mph. This weekend I take it outside. I have a 5K next Wednesday. :) Yay me!

Wicked! Well done you
  • jadeblack81
    jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a graduate as of last night....woohoo! I was very excited about this, unfortunately my run didn't go so well-I started feeling pukey about 30 minutes in. Still, it's a great feeling when I think about how far I've come.

I don't have a definite plan yet. It will be one of these: Zombies, Run!, working on my speed, or attacking hills (or some combination thereof)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congratulations! Do you have a 5k scheduled?

Come join us on the Bridge to 10k board! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/543-bridge-to-10k

Also, I strongly encourage you to develop a plan ASAP. A lot of us kind of wobble after C25k - most runners really need some structure and motivation - and a good running plan can help you out with that. Which is why there are a million ones to choose from.
  • jadeblack81
    jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

I ran my first 5K yesterday with the exact same time -- 33:54! Great job!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Graduated Thursday night from the C25K program! Felt great :0)

Ran our first 5K yesterday in 33:54. Thought I might die! LOL

Finished it and can't wait to sign up for the next race!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Congrats on finishing C25K and great job on your race!! That's an awesome time for your first race!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Congratulations on completing the program. Great time on your race!
  • stitchtastic
    stitchtastic Posts: 182
    Options
    I graduated a week ago....now doing the B210K. :happy:

I have a 5k to run in June :happy:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow it's been a busy board... all sorts of graduations happening. Congrats all, fantastic, fantastic work!!!
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday, I AM A GRADUATE :) I actually ran the 30 minutes on W7D2 but wanted to finish the full run cycle... I finished W8 yesterday with a run of 35 minutes!!

Still not quite at 5k, but I've finished the podcasts - now to just keep on building - I'm short of 500m!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm officially a graduate. Week 9, Day 3 this morning. Can't believe I stuck with it. Looking forward to my 5k next month and 8k in july