Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Here is this week's punishment exercises. Team Michonne would like us to do this 4 minute "Bring Sally Up" Squat Challenge, 5 times this week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswK7e_Bep8
    If you can't access the video, it is 4 minutes of regular squats, but holding in the squat position for a full 3 seconds before rising and squatting again.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just did D1 of the Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge. All I have to say is that Sally's a *kitten*!! ;)
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    I swear I should be an honorary member of team Carl. :blushing:

You're welcome to join team Carl anytime! :happy:

Big shout out to Skittles2183 for being MVP second week in a row - YAY! Woot!Woot! - You are rocking it, Skittles! :drinker:

Thank you so much but I couldn't of done it with out my team and my friends on MFP. I see everyone doing it and it just makes me want to get up and move my body.

on a side note if carl didn't kill some zombies I could bet we would be in 2nd place haha but I'm still happy with 3rd and Carol is back so every other team needs to look out haha

also this weeks challenge is good I can't wait to pick someone to give 10 mins to. and I'm also going to do the bring sally up challenge. so if anyone doesn't want to do them can take a free week. I'm about to do them now.

enjoy the day I'll be back later to chat.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just did D1 of the Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge. All I have to say is that Sally's a *kitten*!! ;)

^^^This! Oh holy thighs! They buuurn!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I did better this week then last, I want to keep pushing myself each week and this team helps me a lot. thank you

Totals:
    Cardio: 944/220 (100 of it goes to the team)
    Strength: 210/90 (30 goes to the team)
    Burpees: 35
    Within calories: 6/6
    Heart Healthy: 6/6 - I had strawberries, apples, red bell peppers, and tomatoes this week
    I walked backwards every day but only for a few mins each time

Does that say 900 Cardio minutes!!!!???? Thats 15 HOURS of exercise. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    I think she did but I think Lizzie killed the David and Karen in the prison and Carol covered for her. I've been calling her Lizzie Borden since we met her. I've been waiting for them to arm her with an axe ;-) Beth is turning out to be a bad *kitten*, I suppose that's what happens when you come to age in a zombie apocalypse. I'm glad to see all our teams made it out of the prison, seems like an even playing field now.

THIS!!! I totally had to reevaluate Lizzie when I saw her killing the bunnies. I also have to apologize to Bob cause I thought he was the one feeding rats to the walkers, but I think it was Lizzie too. She had waaaaaaay to much empathy for them and not enough for the living people around her.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Quick review of Team Mika and Lizzie shows that only Djinnmarie hasnt been adopted for the week. Anyone still not pick their person to help?
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Wow! a punishment already. I better get on it. I thought I was ahead today. I have the day off for the holiday and I started it off with kickboxing and yoga, then 20 mins of this arm exercise from fitnessblender that I would share.

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Lean-Arms-Workout-Rhomboids-Shoulders-Bicep-Tricep-and-Chest/cb/

I started out with 5 lb weights and quickly switched to 2 lbs. If you get this done you get your 10 mins done and a bonus 10 for yourself.

I guess I'm going to try Sally's squats now. Wish me luck.

Congrats on Skittles for her ginormous amount of cardio. What made her MVP was that she donated 100 mins of it to our sick comrade Tinker. Everyone did awesome this week and it was only because we had no kills that we tied for 3rd. Let's keep up the momentum and kill it this week as well. Too bad Carols kills were not seen cause I bet we would have 2. Lizzie almost had 2 points herself with a Judith kill, yikes.

I agree, Carol and Carl are very similar. I've done the same thing a few times but I spy on all the teams. lol

I just killed my thighs for 4 mins...thanks Sally...Michone...you are not very nice. I guess what goes around comes around. he he he
  • pdnaylor
    Options
    SO GLAD CAROL IS BACK!!!! I am super excited that Judith is still around too.... I'll admit, I cried when I thought she died :cry:

As a member of team Tyreese and Sasha, we are to give 10mins of ab workout 'Wood Choppers' to a member of our choosing to count to their strength training. I'm giving them to you!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    @TJ thanks

@Sara I'm about to do the arms video you are sharing. thanks and thank you for making me MVP but I feel we all are. we all work very hard and this team rocks.

again i'm letting anyone who wants/needs to take off the sally down challenge I am doing it this week.

looks like team Tyreese and Sasha are doing kind of what we are doing :)

I donated my 10 mins to one of their players.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym, where I did weightlifting for an hour. Mostly legs today - squats, presses, stepups, lunges. And then I read about ojr punishment - squats! Ahhhhhhhh:sad: :sad: :sad:

Thats what I get for checking the thread so late....
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @Skittles - Congratulations for the MVP :drinker:

Up for the punishment "Sally down " 4 minutes squats 5xweek

Donated my 10 minutes of strength training to jchrisman717 from Team Mike & Lizzie. She was on vacation and was sick last week

Format for the week:
    Cardio: /310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: /110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: /135
    Average calorie intake (figured out on Saturday): /6
    weight loss for challenge: 0.2/9
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): /50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: / 5 days
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Quick review of Team Mika and Lizzie shows that only Djinnmarie hasnt been adopted for the week. Anyone still not pick their person to help?

I haven't picked anyone yet, so I can take her.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Here is my plan for the week. I am interested in what other people are planning. Some of this are exercise videos with Leslie Sansone, some is strength training with Kelly Coffee-Meyer (like Work out 2 and abs segment), and finally Sally -- well she's evil :devil:

Sunday Strength + Cardio Walk Strong + 4 Mega Miles 90
    Monday Strength + Cardio Work out 2 + 2 miles + Sally 71.5
    Tuesday Cardio Elliptical or 3 miles + ab segment +Sally 57
    Wednesday Strength + Cardio Short Cuts Upper Body + Walk and Kick + Sally 67
    Thursday Cardio 3 miles + ab segment + Sally 60
    Friday Strength + Cardio Short Cuts Lower Body + Walk and Kick + Sally 67
    Total: 412.5

I am subbing Sundays for Saturdays just because Saturday is our family day. It seems easier to just have everything done early rather than be scrambling at 10 pm Saturday night to sneak in a final workout.

I am glad we got team Mika and Lizzie covered. I'd hate for someone to be left out. WTG team!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know I will have extra Sally Downs for anyone to have! Pretty much a breeze for me!
    kawookie, I like Leslie work outs! Will have to give the Kelly Coffee-Meyer video a try!

Also what is this picking of people? Anyone?
  • pdnaylor
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Lara, I'm 26, and I live in Missouri. Team Carol seems a great place for me. Like her, I want to progress from a quiet 'weakling' to an all around bad *kitten*! I want to be able to make it on my own in the Apocalyptic World. I am super excited about this challenge and will start the workouts tomorrow morning! (I'm at work so I can't start tonight :sad: )

I probably should have quoted this post, but as a member of team Tyreese and Sasha, we are donating 10mins of strength training to a member of Team Carol. I am donating my 10mins to you! Enjoy it, and kick butt this week!
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    Just got back from the gym, where I did weightlifting for an hour. Mostly legs today - squats, presses, stepups, lunges. And then I read about ojr punishment - squats! Ahhhhhhhh:sad: :sad: :sad:

Thats what I get for checking the thread so late....

Since you've already tortured the legs, I will be adopting you this week and donating 10 minutes of strength training of legs. :)
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,900 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know I will have extra Sally Downs for anyone to have! Pretty much a breeze for me!
    kawookie, I like Leslie work outs! Will have to give the Kelly Coffee-Meyer video a try!

Also what is this picking of people? Anyone?

I have a number of Kelly Coffey Meyer workouts. Some are better than others. I have my own Reebok stepper, and I use it during her step boxing DVD' s. I like stepping while boxing. :)

Shelley
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hajenkatt if you haven't been adopted then I am adopting you and will be donating 10 mins of leg's strength to you.:wink:
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Awe, we are getting adopted too. How sweet.