2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Geez am I sluggish today!! I guess that's what happens with the time change! Still made it to the gym though, so I'm happy about that :) I'm doing my 7 day cleanse this week, so I should be great for the STAR challenge, haha! I did an initial weigh in and measurements, so next Sunday I will be able to see the difference. Yesterday was fruit day, today is vegetable day w/ a potato :) BF made oil-less home fries with the potatoes for breakfast this morning and then I have veggies to munch on all day, salad w/ the soup for lunch, and I'll make a spaghetti squash stir fry for dinner!! Plenty of food for the day :)

I got a PLATINUM star the the challenge this week, even with over indulging on wine this weekend:)

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to get back at it today!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! So I totally failed the star challenge. 2,041 calories over my goal. I was doing okay during the week, but I went way overboard on Friday. I thought I could make up for it on Saturday because I was doing a long run in the morning, but I didn't create enough of a deficit. Sunday was another overboard day for me--I was doing okay early in the day but then my husband brought home a bunch of yummy stuff for dinner and I caved. But am glad I logged it all, and I will just have to do better this week. I know that I'll go over on the weekends, even with extra exercise, so I really need to stick with my goals during the week. The good news is that the scale stayed the same, so I guess I didn't do too much damage.

Shander--great job on the star challenge! And sounds like you'll be in good shape this week. I always felt so good after fruit and veggie cleanses. And I think that you need to upgrade "BF" to something more fitting :tongue:

alex--great job hitting your goals!

Beeps--glad to hear the stiches are out! That'll make it much easier to lift.

Chloe/Ashley--that is too funny about your name, I had no idea. But yeah I think you're going to have to stick with Chloe now, I don't think I can think of you as an Ashley! Love the new pic of Jackson! He is such a cutie. And yes, we definitely deserve that nightly wine after 9 months of pregnancy....

That's all I can see/remember. I hope you all had a great weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Quick check in. Not sure how my weekend ended up calorie wise and I am sort of doubting I will go and back log. We'll see. So I may or may not be reporting in for the star challenge. Maybe I'll estimate and quick add..... Anyways, had some pizza and beer Friday. Saturday was race day so I burned almost 700 calories during the race. Race went well, I ran about a 10 minute pace and was just a little sore yesterday. Plus walked a mile round trip walking to and from and another mile later to walk up to grab takeout for dinner. We had mimosas after the race and just sort of sipped on cocktail the rest of the day. But I didn't eat a ton, so maybe I was close to even. Yesterday wasn't terrible, but I had a couple drinks and a small steak for dinner and did not work out. I had plans to lift, but I've had a minor "injury" in the buttocks region. Getting old sucks. I hope my "injury" does not prohibit me from running today. I brought my bag, so we will see. And I just realized I forgot my HRM, watch and music. Crap. May have to swing by the house on my way back from plan filing and grab them.....

Hope you all have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    ....time change....ughhhhh....may kill me.....

....I lift, today, but feel ZERO energy to do so.

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I get a GOLD* for *star* challenge, though....

Ris - what is your weekly calorie goal?? (Somehow it is NOT in my chart.)

Better - are you in the March *star* challenge? (Can't recall.)

I've dropped my calories by 700 per week because, yep, scale didn't budge last week (much). No bueno.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I am in for the star challenge, but unsure if I will report last week. I'll take a look later on and let you know if I am. :ohwell:

OK, here I go with TMI for my "injury". Does heavy lifting give anyone else issues with hemorrhoides? My sister (a dr.) suspects this could be a contributer to my current issue - excessive intraabdonimal pressure. Her husband has similar issues and heavy lifting makes him have flare ups. Just wondering if I should take it easy on the lifting this week......or next. :sad: Leave it to me to have a non-injury "injury"..........:blushing:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, never heard of that, but stranger things are true!?!?

Better - the thing about "heavy lifting" is that volume can easily do the trick, too....so, instead of lifting 100 lbs x 5 reps, lifting 50 lbs x 10 reps will yield results! Maybe tone DOWN the AMOUNT of weight you are lifting and pick UP the number of reps you are doing?!?!?!?

I always presume hemorrhoid (I had to look up THAT spelling because THAT spelling looks WEIRD TO ME!) is because of NOT ENOUGH WATER.....are you drinking TONS OF WATER??
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I have been toying with lower weight higher reps. I actually did some of that last Thursday along with all my gymnastics stuff. And my issus started shortly after I think?

I drink no less than 10 glasses of water a day. I've always had issues, but never like this. I won't be lifting till probably Wednesday or Thursday, so maybe I'll just do a little.....
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I am feeling the time change BIG time this AM. Must find the energy to lift at lunch today... sigh.

Weekend was actually really good eating wise. Managed to eat out Sat-Sun and stay almost at my calorie goal. Skipped lunch yesterday which helped too. I took my mom to Victoria BC for her bday, so while we did eat A LOT we walked almost 6 miles/day.

I actually managed to get a platinum star for last week, which says to me it's time to lower that calorie goal (I think I set it when I was still trying to ease into things) so Beeps, can you lower me to 10,000 for this week and here on out?

Better - sorry about the "injury" it really sounds awful. Getting older really blows.

Shand - I'm excited to hear the results of the cleanse!

That's all I can see/remember. Have a great week ladies.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am 1000 over cals for the week. Sadly, it was 822, then I poured just enough wine to get a silver star.

1000 over isn't too bad, but it's more than 100 per day. I think I need to cycle more, so that I can have the splurge days.

I worked out, cardio/jog on Saturday, strength-training on Sunday. I got a massage yesterday and that felt good.

For some reason I am in a terrible mood, I seemed to be fighting for a couple days, but now it seems to have taken hold,like a cold or something!

I think I will keep to the 1400 per day for the coming week.

And Ashley, I think your sister the dr probably knows. I treminded me though, my sister said glassblowers have terrible hemorrhoids.
    And I remember reading "All Quiet on the Western Front" and the soldiers have hemorrhoids, and I was in highschool and just thought you got them from sleeping on the ground! but probably it was the bad food?!
    Did they start with pregnancy?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I of course did my own medical research, :wink: and apparently there can be a link between lifting and the big H. And I have had issues with them/that for a long time. They got worse with pregnancy, and have come and gone since. I ran at lunch and was not in pain during and now am hurting a little but not terrible. Probably will lay off any heavy stuff this week. What to do instead??? Might kick up the yoga. I really wish I had a good DVD. Anyone have a good online video they like?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got 10,799. Looks like I was aiming for 10,000, so I don't know what that means. Honestly not as bad as I thought it could have been......
  • amysj303
    Options
    I actually liked Bethany Frankel's yoga. It was a few years ago on exercise tv, not sure if you could find it on youtube or something!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    *STAR* CHALLENGE report for FIRST week of March:

20140310_zps515c2955.jpg
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all had a lot to say today! Umm...I was busy recovering from the flu and did not log last week. No star for me. I did get in to workouts this weekend. :-) I slept in today. Stupid time change. :-)

I like the Bob Harper Warrior Yoga.

I can't see much else.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I was spacy this weekend due to excitement. I finally broke my plateau and am now below 130 lbs!!!

My calories last week: 5759, total. I just wasn't hungry at all yesterday.

My goals for this week are the same. I need to stop drinking so much pop! I am averaging twice per day.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do need to post goals....and then I need to FOLLOW-THROUGH....

1. DRINK MORE WATER. I realize that, due to stingers in finger-tips, pants up/down in washroom breaks has become challenging....so, I avoided all my drinking! Too bad....because I need to get back to 12-16 glasses per day. Bottom line, I EAT LESS WHEN I DRINK MORE.

2. BRUSH MY TEETH. A lot. Often. For whatever reason, this really helps me NOT eat.

3. USE PROTEIN SHAKES. It is a complete b*tch that as soon as I "go off" protein shakes/bars, in favour of "real food", I EAT TOO MUCH. I guess that is just the way it is, with me....and while the "clean-eating" folks might not like it, I prefer a LOWER weight and if it takes FAKE food for me to get there....so be it.

The end.

(PS - I am back to 1,400 calories per day - or 9,800 per week....as I suspected, when I go ABOVE that, I just maintain or I gain....NO BUENO.)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Oh yeah....the 2 week challenge!

1. 5 workouts. Not sure how this will look this week. My issue is mostly better, but I don't want it to flare up again.
    2. Stay within my calorie goal for the week. Log the weekend so I know what needs to happen on Sunday to do damage control as applicable.
    3. Limit my after dinner snacks to 100 calories or less. Only drink more than those calories if they are left. Don't eat or drink just because I have the calories to do so.
    4. I'm going to bimonthly weigh ins, so next week will be my weigh in.

I impulse ate 3 pieces of chocolate yesterday before lunch and it totally screwed my day up. Mondays are typically my lowest day. I have a birthday dinner tonight at a tapas place, so I really could have used some spare calories. I need to get back on the diet horse!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Yeah, I can see I am playing the same game, Ashley, I will eat up all that I have, forgetting that I need to bank some for later...

I am going to try working out just four times per week-2 strength and 2 cardio.

Is it your birthday, Ashley?
  • amysj303
    Options
    Whoops! I was spacy this weekend due to excitement. I finally broke my plateau and am now below 130 lbs!!!

My calories last week: 5759, total. I just wasn't hungry at all yesterday.

My goals for this week are the same. I need to stop drinking so much pop! I am averaging twice per day.

Congrats, that's exciting!