Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with running, but thought I would share anyhow. My work has offered several fitness classes after hours over the years. Today I saw a sign at the elevator banks for one I've never heard of before. The sign said "Too much stress at work? Join us for Laughter Yoga". WTH??? Has anyone ever heard of this? How do you combine laughter and yoga? I've never actually done a Yoga class, but I have done some of the poses to here and there to help with stretching. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold any of the poses if I was laughing at the same time. This is something I'll have to google later when I get home from work.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options

One of these days we'll need to do a "Sexy Summer Legs" thread with pictures. :wink:

I can't participate in that thread, I have hideous legs. Even if I ran a million miles they would still be hideous! :) just thought I'd let you know that lol

Ran 4 yesterday, and 3 this morning. Back on track!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to do with running, but thought I would share anyhow. My work has offered several fitness classes after hours over the years. Today I saw a sign at the elevator banks for one I've never heard of before. The sign said "Too much stress at work? Join us for Laughter Yoga". WTH??? Has anyone ever heard of this? How do you combine laughter and yoga? I've never actually done a Yoga class, but I have done some of the poses to here and there to help with stretching. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold any of the poses if I was laughing at the same time. This is something I'll have to google later when I get home from work.

I just had to Google this! Sounds like it would be fun ????
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    23jseuq.png

isn't that pace line terrific? I can't believe I could hold it steady!!!

WOW! AMAZING! My pace line is ALWAYS all over the place!

Mine too, Ceci...That is a beautiful steady line.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    It'll be back before you know it. What was your time in April of last year?

Nothing, I didn't start C25K until July 4th. You always have a way of putting things into perspective, thanks!

Yes! She does! LOL! And she's always right, you know.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    Ok I'm back! I've still been running but SO busy it's ridiculous... After a whilwind weekend in pittsburgh (where I got to play in the snow and run on giant hills and stairs - woot woot) I am back in the game. Had a delicious meal replacement smoothie for lunch (since I ate too much all weekend) and now back to the training schedule. There's a new calendar on my fridge, there's spring in the air (which for us is like 85 degrees right now) and there's some stairs or hill workouts in my future!

You were sooo close! I live just a little more than 2 hours north northeast of Pittsburgh.
    Yay for a new season of running! :-)
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    what are Australian pushups? LOL I am Australian, does that involve a beer at all? LOL

http://www.alkavadlo.com/2010/01/07/all-about-australian-pull-ups/
    And for all those of you who have trainers, ya'll need to adopt me so that I can use a trainer too. I can't afford one on my lowly salary lol

If you drive up to ATL, we can get a group discount with mine!

I'm still a little more than 1/2 serious about moving to Atlanta. Are you sure you'd be willing to share? :-)
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

I always feel spastic the first one or two times I try something.

LOVE the new picture.

One of these days we'll need to do a "Sexy Summer Legs" thread with pictures. :wink:

No "Sexy Summer Legs" threads until I get to finish my leg treatments, which are on hold because it would means 4 straight days or more of no running.
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    Just over 21 miles on the bike yesterday at the local National Park- mostly me and the deer (and squirrels and birds). It was great! Trees are blooming, flowers everywhere- Spring is here!

Ahhhh, how nice! Still dead and brown here, but we have seen the sun and temps above 60! Yeehah!!!
  • bttrthanevr
    Options

I'm not sure how that would work??? But I'd be willing to try. Was it an April Fools?
  • bttrthanevr
    Options
    I had the BEST group run last night. We ran a one mile warmup and then a series of long steep hills over the course of 4+ miles. By the end I was cruising and ready to run on. I felt so fast, so free and so loose! I was warm and ready to run 4 more. Unfortunately I don't know how fast because I was running naked! It was fantastic. Running in a group of similarly abled women really feels great. We push each other beyond what we would attempt on our own and we are there to rally and cheer each other on when the going gets tough. Running sisterhood=Bliss.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I joined this group way back before Christmas when I finished the C25K programme and was moving onto the 10k one but then the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis hit!

I was sidelined until the end of Feb but got back running as soon as I could. Had to build back up to 5K though, but ran my first 5K race last Saturday in a time of 33:34. My PB over the distance is 32:54.

I'm running 4 times a week now, and my longest so far has been 4.5miles. Working up to the 10K distance for a race at the end of May. And am registered to run my first HM in October.

So I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on this Group from now on for helpful hints and tips to keep me truckin!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I had the BEST group run last night. We ran a one mile warmup and then a series of long steep hills over the course of 4+ miles. By the end I was cruising and ready to run on. I felt so fast, so free and so loose! I was warm and ready to run 4 more. Unfortunately I don't know how fast because I was running naked! It was fantastic. Running in a group of similarly abled women really feels great. We push each other beyond what we would attempt on our own and we are there to rally and cheer each other on when the going gets tough. Running sisterhood=Bliss.
    Terrific, Beth! Always nice to read of great fun runs.

Glad to "see" you lawlorka. Glad also that your PF is better!

Took a generally rest day yesterday. Had an 11 hour work day, but with lots of walking during it going from building to building all day. Then I came home and took a long brisk walk with the poor dogs that had been stuck in their crates all day. The crates are quite large for the dogs' size and the pet sitter lets them out into the backyard in the middle of the day, but she's only there for 15 minutes and they were stir crazy.

This morning started with RunSmart class/leg work so I'm sore again. I'm starting to get used to this Thursday soreness. Core day (Tuesday) just doesn't affect me as much as leg day. I hope to get in a run tonight.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    what are Australian pushups? LOL I am Australian, does that involve a beer at all? LOL

http://www.alkavadlo.com/2010/01/07/all-about-australian-pull-ups/
    And for all those of you who have trainers, ya'll need to adopt me so that I can use a trainer too. I can't afford one on my lowly salary lol

If you drive up to ATL, we can get a group discount with mine!

I'm still a little more than 1/2 serious about moving to Atlanta. Are you sure you'd be willing to share? :-)

Absolutely!
  • likitisplit
    Options

:)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I joined this group way back before Christmas when I finished the C25K programme and was moving onto the 10k one but then the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis hit!

I was sidelined until the end of Feb but got back running as soon as I could. Had to build back up to 5K though, but ran my first 5K race last Saturday in a time of 33:34. My PB over the distance is 32:54.

I'm running 4 times a week now, and my longest so far has been 4.5miles. Working up to the 10K distance for a race at the end of May. And am registered to run my first HM in October.

So I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on this Group from now on for helpful hints and tips to keep me truckin!!!

Great job on getting started again!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    easy run tonight

53 minutes @ 10:09 for about 5.2 miles

ran trail tonight as well!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    easy run tonight

53 minutes @ 10:09 for about 5.2 miles

ran trail tonight as well!

Nice run John!!

Last night we did 4 miles easy with the group, then off on our own to do 6 x 100m hill sprints. I think I pushed the sprints a bit too hard and now my hamstring is sore this morning. Gotta run again today - 3 miles easy then 6 x 100m strides. Saturday is a 5K trail race.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I got 4 miles in yesterday and got reminded of why I love to run. I felt amazing when I was done!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So, I had to go in to work on Thursday (I usually work from home) and ran around the offices at lunch time. I thought I was displaying good form. I wasn't. I actually pulled up through my body and dropped a minute per mile. Will there ever be a day when my body accurately signals that I'm slouching???