Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I saw an awesome girl at the gym. Yes, I was nosy and asked questions. She is 5'5 weighs 160 pounds and is a size FOUR!!!! :noway: She is HOT :love: I am going to follow her recommendations. LOL

Were you just looking in the mirror?!?!??!

You ARE TOO FUNNY! But thanks. :wink:

Eh, ,she didn't tell me anything yall don't already know.

1. lift heavy
    2. do HIIT cardio ONLY after lifting
    3. EAT MORE PROTEIN
    4. Throw the scale away and I think I will. She is 160 pounds and looks awesome and a size FOUR!!
    5. It's all about the diet. low sugar. carbs such as oats, sweet potato, brown rice, and wheat bread.

Jamaica, I think he is annoyed that a "mere woman" is in the "men's area."

Welcome , sunshine. Have fun. I enjoyed the program. It's tough though. You can do it!

ETA: I remembered #5
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome point, sunshine
    Manic we all want to hear the advice from the size four- crazy to fit 160 lbs of pure muscle into a size four or at least that's what I picture in my head. I was so psyched to heat her advice then bummed about protein. Eating more protein is hard.

Beeps I would like to have your arms. I am going to keep lifting until I do.

I had an NSv this week. I can see my abs. Only when I flex...

I have not lifted enough this week. Too much work and biking in the sun.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Jamaica that's crazy rude. Hope your gym environment improves
  • manic4titans
    Options
    nancyrosey!!!:laugh: :laugh: armpits.

Pmag, I KNOW. I barely get in 60 g of protein. I am not a big meat eater nor can I break it down very well without saliva. I could do protein shakes but I don't like drinking my calories. And the whey kills my tummy.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Manic, what do you mean "kills your tummy"? Does it make you fart? Seriously. I had this problem and a friend suggested that I let the shake settle after shaking. She told me that the bubbles/foam were making me gassy. Turned out to be true.

These days, my protein powder goes in the food processor with frozen bananas so it's like ice cream and doesn't bother me at all.

My sugar always looks so high :embarassed: I love my fruit and don't want to give it up. :frown:

I've discovered I really like snacking on tuna. That's a great protein boost for $1 and 100 calories.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Manic, what do you mean "kills your tummy"? Does it make you fart? Seriously. I had this problem and a friend suggested that I let the shake settle after shaking. She told me that the bubbles/foam were making me gassy. Turned out to be true.

No LOL . It bloats me, and I get nauseated.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I saw an awesome girl at the gym. Yes, I was nosy and asked questions. She is 5'5 weighs 160 pounds and is a size FOUR!!!! :noway: She is HOT :love: I am going to follow her recommendations. LOL

1. lift heavy
    3. EAT MORE PROTEIN
    4. Throw the scale away and I think I will. She is 160 pounds and looks awesome and a size FOUR!!
    5. It's all about the diet. low sugar. carbs such as oats, sweet potato, brown rice, and wheat bread.

Welcome , sunshine. Have fun. I enjoyed the program. It's tough though. You can do it!

Manic, I love you, I could smack you. I've been saying this for two years. The only reason I'm a six instead of a four at 150 is because this mama has hip bones, and heavy lifting eastern European Thighs lol.

So, yeah I nearly fainted at work yesterday. Not getting enough sleep (thank you Pulaski Skyway closure and the now longer commute) and my blood sugar was a hot mess. I ate all day praying to feel better and never did. AT one point I spiked my sugar too high, and then came the shakes. I can't win. After work, I had dinner with my mom, cousin, and all the kiddies, then took my mom to a tricky tray, where I proceeded to win back all my money, YAY!

Today, My boys road in their first mountain bike race. Hooray, a sport my children will willingly participate in...like their dad. THey both got podium finished, second and third. THey did really well, and I am so proud. I foresee many more weekends like this in the future.

Manic, what makes you bloat, meat, wheat, or dairy?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

1. lift heavy
    3. EAT MORE PROTEIN

Hmm, I don't agree with number 5 unless you have dietary/medical issues. "Low sugar" is very subjective. Yes, we should eat plenty of veggies and whole grains(if you can), but really "sugar" is in everything. Balancing carbs with protein and getting enough fiber- YES this is a must for satiety and glucose reasons. The healthiest, fittest people I've ever been around do not restrict "bad"carbs. They blance them.
    But that's probably up to the individual and what their goals are.
    Manic, have you tried the vegetarian protein? I actually have some from Arbonne that is very tasty and has never bothered me. It's more of a meal replacement- has some carbs/fiber and a little fat, but it's very balanced.

Sam, congrats to your boys! What a great activity for you all to be involved in a a family.

Basic Training I is done. On to Basic Training II next week!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    sam! You are just too sweet!

It's the Whey protein that kills my stomach.

Cowgirl, no, I haven't tried it. Sue hasn't mentioned it to me numerous times. :blushing: I think Lauren, awesome looking girl at gym, meant no added sugar. Like the donuts or the Easter candy.

ugh, today has NOT been a good day. Neighbor brought fresh donuts today (instead of yesterday) and I was at home. THEN my hubs buys thin crust supreme pizza. I'll have to adjust my calories tomorrow and the next to make up for today.

ETA: Just finished logging! I didn't do so bad after all . The thin crust pizza is not that high in cals! WOOHOO! Only over 242. So I'll short myself 100 tomorrow and MOnday. :bigsmile:
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Had a fight with DH so I wallowed in my self pity all day. I finally dragged myself out of bed and did my grocery shopping. Bought a nice salad for dinner but I'm skipping it in favor of wine and a cupcake :drinker: I did my AMRAPs first and I'm calling it good.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I had some gi badness this am, so my workout was less heavy.
    I lost my lifting gloves so I lifted in bike gloves-- it didn't work.
    I am thinking about working on my grip after this challenge.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I've had an awful weekend... terrible shift at work with a woman who had a very traumatic labour and birth. Went to combat this morning only to find myself holding back tears during the cool down so went and had a good cry about it all with Mum. I love my Mum. :flowerforyou:

Had 2 glasses of wine after I'd come home yesterday and have eaten too much peanut butter chocolate and coffee today. Tomorrow I am back on the bandwagon. I have just written out my supercharged hypertrophy stage 3 workouts..... be nice to get back to it after a mixed couple of weeks.

xxxx
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    9e975b16-fa10-42e2-9412-f89702a4d728_zpsc6d80db5.jpg

^^^ that's my mother's day gift from my precious offspring!
  • runzalot81
    Options
    That is a beautiful necklace, Beeps!

My protein intake yesterday was terribly sad. I need to concentrate today.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get to the gym this morning, to lift, but it just didn't happen. Had to start packing my one smallish suitcase for Europe. So, that took longer than i thought. But, managed to get it down to one pair of jeans (a second pair i will wear on the plane), 1 pair of capris and two skorts. Six short-sleeved tops....1 long- sleeved (again, will wear on the plane). 1 anorak. 1 rain poncho. 1 pair of walking sandals (i will wear runners on the plane). Then just meds and books and travel pillow and all my travel docs.

Whew!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

I did DEEP squats just like the video. Body weight only. I couldn't go as deep with the goblet squats. I wanted to lean forward too much. Did you post that Runz? or Cowgirl? My back has a natural curve therefore it is impossible for me to stay straight . I really focused though. I am proud.

Today was legs and arms. I did a variety of squats, I will be SORE tomorrow. :bigsmile: Feeling good today even though TOM will be here this weekend. Eating and exercise improves that for me.

I don't think you want your back to stay straight. If you feel like you are falling backwards you are doing it right. The trainer I saw showed me how to use the weight goblet style to stay upright.
  • rocky503
    Options
    I LOVE THIS TOP!! It is sparkly gold brocade at the front, and just a plain black fabric in the back.

brocadetop_zpsee0a8644.jpg

Beeps I'm not looking at the top I'm admiring your ARMS! Nice.:wink:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. And I agree Manic, I remember his face the first time I put the 35 lb plates on the bar and placed it on my back to squat. His face was a mix of awe, and "why the hell are you going so heavy, don't you know you're gonna get too tough". [Someone actually said that to me one time]. Good thing is, things like that motivate me to work even harder in the gym.

Cowgirl, for this past week I get 1/3. Didn't make the protein, and didn't do my cardio :sad:. Still, I'm happy I got all my water in and doing 1 out of the 3 is better than I've been doing all along. This week going to really try for all 3, but at least 2 is a must. And yay for finishing BTI! I have 1 more week to go. You should post your new plan in the Supercharged thread so I can take a look.

Jo, :flowerforyou: , thank God for great moms.

Dna, your husband sounds like my dad, very practical-minded. Nothing wrong with that.

Point, welcome! I found this page that gives alternatives on lunges if experiencing knee pain. Hope you find something helpful there: http://exercise.about.com/od/lowerbodyworkouts/ss/howtolunge_3.htm

Sunshine, welcome!
  • rocky503
    Options
    DNA, when the hormones are all settled, you'll have to post a picture of the custom wardrobe. I'd love to see it!

I know what you mean by "children taken care of." I asked for that one year early in our marriage and DH said, "Sure, I'll take over at noon." :noway:

We have one extra set of flowers from last weekend that need a planter. DS is out playing so I asked if I could go shopping alone or if he wanted me to wait until tomorrow so we could go together. He wants me to wait :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm also eyeballing another spot in the yard that needs flowers.

runzalot: I can totally see a change in your new profile pic, sleeker and more definition.

today DH and DD are out together goofing off for a change. DH gave me a look when I suggested they go off together so I cold get my excercise done. He wanted all of us to go rummage sale shopping and I was not interested and that is right up their alley.
  • rocky503
    Options
    Hey ladies. I haven't checked in in a few days. But I have to tell you about my run in with an assh*le at the gym a few days ago.

So I'm at the gym supersetting planks and leg lifts with side planks and rows. If you've read Supercharged, it's a part of Basic Training. But where I'm doing the superset is right under where there is a pull up bar. (It's all one big machine thingy). Anyway, there I am in the middle of the plank when I hear a voice over me "can you get up, I need to use that spot to do my pull ups" in a VERY arrogant tone. Totally breaks my concentration so it ends the plank prematurely. Then I look up and say to this fr*ggin musclehead "excuse me?". He repeats it. I ask him if what I'm doing is not important. He starts saying something about me not understanding or some *kitten*. (Can you tell I'm still upset?) So I tell him he has to wait because I'm in the middle of a set and I turn back and do my last set of side planks and rows very SLOWLY. And I could hear him huffing and puffing the whole time.

And just to confirm it wasn't all in my head, a lady came up to me later on and said "he's so rude". He's such a d*ck. For some reason, he doesn't like me. Not sure what I did to him but I've noticed it for a while now. But it's the first time he's ever spoken to me. Usually he comes to the gym when I have only 5-10 minutes left in my workout so our paths don't cross for very long. This time he came right when I was starting.

Anyway, sorry about the long post. Just needed to get that off my chest.

PS. Beeps, your arms are FANTASTIC.

If this guy proceeds to be a D*i*c*k, I hope you report him immediately and get his *kitten* kicked out of the gym. :angry:
    Especially if he acting unkind to you for no apparent reason.