Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    For anybody just starting this group, this thread is a place for us all to check in on our running plans and cross training schedules...and everything related (and some things non-related)....
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    10km, 1:02:53 easy pace
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm going to be doing the 3W races Women's Classic virtual 10k on Saturday. My friend is going to do it as a 5k. We'll do the first 1.5 miles together and then she'll double back home while I continue on the run.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Ran 4 miles last night. It was a nice run. Beautiful weather!

This coming Saturday I signed up for my second race ever. It's another local 5k. Run by the county recreation department. It will be held in the same place I tried to run a few weeks ago, just for fun. I failed because I was wearing jeans and they kept falling down. The location is really nice though, so I'm looking forward to the run. Still unsure about whether I will take Fells or not, but I'm leaning toward not. For one, it's supposed to be warmer than it has been lately and neither of us is used to it, but I can handle the change better. The other is that I'll be able to focus on the race better without him, which has it's good and bad points. Most races don't allow dogs anyway, so I best become used to it.

Tonight I run to my workout with my trainer and back.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished w1d2 of c25k with my friend. She is doing great! I am AMAZED at how easy this is for me! I am enjoying this. Might be just what I needed!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Finished w1d2 of c25k with my friend. She is doing great! I am AMAZED at how easy this is for me! I am enjoying this. Might be just what I needed!

Do you remember how much you struggled with week 1? Oh wait, maybe that was just me!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Do you remember how much you struggled with week 1? Oh wait, maybe that was just me!

Yeah. You're funny.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

I do remember how much I struggled with Week 1, especially the whole getting off my @ss and doing it part! I remember how I thought I was going to die my heart was beating so hard after only 1 minute of running. I remember how I struggled to breathe. I remember how I knew there was NO WAY I'd EVER be able to run for 3 minutes, let alone 30! (Run for an hour- OH HE** NO!)

Yesterday, I checked my heart rate after one of the 1 minute runs- 116. When I first started running a year ago, my HR after 1 minute was closing in on dangerously high levels! I am not gasping for air. I can hold a conversation.

Every day, I am in awe of how much my body has changed and how much healthier I am.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

I do remember how much I struggled with Week 1, especially the whole getting off my @ss and doing it part! I remember how I thought I was going to die my heart was beating so hard after only 1 minute of running. I remember how I struggled to breathe. I remember how I knew there was NO WAY I'd EVER be able to run for 3 minutes, let alone 30! (Run for an hour- OH HE** NO!)

Yesterday, I checked my heart rate after one of the 1 minute runs- 116. When I first started running a year ago, my HR after 1 minute was closing in on dangerously high levels! I am not gasping for air. I can hold a conversation.

Every day, I am in awe of how much my body has changed and how much healthier I am.

That is exactly how I remember week 1 too!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

Yes! I started out at a track and was chugging water during my walk intervals. And yet none of us quit. None of us decided it was too hard, or not worth it. And the rewards have been amazing. Health. Confidence. Vitality. Quality of living.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Good luck Varda and Donna on your upcoming races!

I did 4 miles tonight with hill repeats in the 2nd mile. Negative splits. It was cold (43F and windy and it started to rain on me at 3.75 miles) but dang it felt good.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    10km 1:00:54
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

wtg_zps51181b05.gif
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Awesome!!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles tonight with hill repeats in the 2nd mile. Negative splits. It was cold (43F and windy and it started to rain on me at 3.75 miles) but dang it felt good.

I would take 43 right now. Yesterday it was near 90 when we had our group run. So much for spring.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

I would take 43 right now. Yesterday it was near 90 when we had our group run. So much for spring.

I will always take 43 over 90 for running. You can always add layers. You can only take so many off.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

Yes! I started out at a track and was chugging water during my walk intervals. And yet none of us quit. None of us decided it was too hard, or not worth it. And the rewards have been amazing. Health. Confidence. Vitality. Quality of living.

...great legs.
  • likitisplit
    Options

I've taken to dousing myself at the water station during races.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Great time!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Yeah. You're funny.

Very funny!

...great legs.

Yes...the legs!