Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    thanks for guessing Manic ;)

Great job on the protein and dragging yourself to the gym.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well, shoot. didn't hit my protein goal yet. I logged my food and didn't finish it. Back down to 70 g. I definitely want to hit my goal. Hopefully, I'll find something to eat protein wise in a few.

So , Sam message me with your age. I am curious. I still say 18-20. Like I said, I won't guess your weight in that bikini now because I vaguely know. It would ruin the guess for others.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It's good to have you back Beeps! You have a great attitude.

Manic I am also sending you warm fuzzy thoughts. I hope you are able to get through your sorrow and frustration. Maybe find a punching bag for your Hit?

Sam I am going to guess younger- like 15?

Welcome swoldier- I will have to pester you with lifting questions, too.

Not my best week I had round two of gastroenteritis - the "number 2" part during my overnight getaway anniversary celebration in the wine country. I did not drink much wine today
    I couldn't fit into my black miniskirt despite low cals and dehydration for five days. I will have to get rid of it and face that my midsection might never be the same as it was fifteen years ago.
    Even worse my gym bag was stolen from my car last weekend. DH gave me. A nice gym bag for Christmas- it was black leather - to help me "look tough" at the gym. It also had my supercharged book and my workout sheets and my lb- a sheet of my progress on all lifts since I started.
    I am subbing in yoga for half a week as it was a break between stages and I am still not eating well.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Pmagna that really sucks about your gym bag, especially all those log sheets and sounded like a nice bag, too. Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully you can remember at least where you left off in your lifting? Lotta data to lose!

Driving to Syracuse today for an all day meeting. What with all that sitting I'll be glad to get stage 2 workout b in at the end of the day. No kids tonight means no cooking and freedom!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Pmag, that sucks. I'm sorry. Hopefully karma with bite that thief in the *kitten* :)

I am doing stage2B1 today and honestly dreading it as I am still so very sore from 2A1 on Monday. I may have to lighten up my weights a bit...
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sam: I never play guess the age because I always end up offending someone but I'd say mid twenties? And I feel like this is one of those freaky weight lifting stories where in the black bobbin you actually weighed less or the same weight but you LOOK like you weight about 10 pounds more in the black bikini.

Pmag: that absolutely sucks about your gym bag. Especially losing all your logs. But on the up side this is a great excuse to talk hubby into getting you a new one.

Pudding: yay for stage two! Besides the soreness how are you liking it?

Sunshine: no kids? Party at your house! You guys are rolling right through stage 2 what are your thoughts on it so far?

3A2 is done. I came home with all of my sad thoughts but I found the hip hop and pop workout mix on Pandora. The first song was Kanye west stronger. "That that don't kill me can only make me stronger" the lyrics and the beat got me pumped and suddenly my funky mood was gone. From stage 1 to now I have gotten stronger. I've been at this for three months and haven't quit. New rules hasn't killed me and is making me stronger. I watched myself in the mirror last night and was really proud of my form and the fact that this is actually my life. Whenever people come over my house they're always fascinated by my weights. I had a friend try to lift my ez curl bar with ten lbs weights on it and it was heavy to her. She's taller and heavier than me and struggled to lift it with both hands. I carry it around during my workouts with one hand and brush it off. I mean it's only 35 pounds. Or at least that's how I see it. But last night I realized that for the first time I'm really dedicated to this- it may take me awhile but I'm going to get there. So on Saturday I'm going to slap on the bikini I currently own and take some progress pics. And then I'm going to post them here so a voice outside of my own head can tell me if I've made any progress. I know you guys have that rate mix of honesty and kindness. I'm scared and excited.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    < 148 and as far as I'm concerned it's 20lbs in all the right places. When I look at the picture of me at 14, I see skinny. I may never have a flat stomach again, I'll thank my kids for that, but I am very happy. The scale does not define me. I will keep eating the approx. 2k cals a day and lifting 3 times a week and just enjoy my life as it comes at me as much as I can.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Today, I lift!!!

Wish me "Bonne Chance!!!"
  • manic4titans
    Options
    < 148 and as far as I'm concerned it's 20lbs in all the right places. When I look at the picture of me at 14, I see skinny. I may never have a flat stomach again, I'll thank my kids for that, but I am very happy. The scale does not define me. I will keep eating the approx. 2k cals a day and lifting 3 times a week and just enjoy my life as it comes at me as much as I can.

You look awesome! And I am so glad I am coming to the same conclusion If I can only get some of this fat off of me.

I think I'll jump on the scales to see what they say. It has been a couple weeks or longer. I don't care what they say. Yes, I might be a little disappointed . But you know what? I see muscle definition in my arm. The teen girls that hang around my son LOVE MY GUNS :blushing:

No lifting today. Maybe later this evening if I get home in time.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, I was going to say 140ish- but I had an idea. I definitely don't see a 20lb difference between the two pics. What is awesome is that your skin looks firm and tight in the heavier pic. No jiggles. You have more shape to your body.

Manic, that's awesome....maybe you can inspire those girls to lift.

Red, great attitude!

runz, definitely make that plank harder! I can hold a normal plank for as long as I care to stay in that position. But increasing the difficulty gives my core a much better workout.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    It's good to have you back Beeps! You have a great attitude.

Manic I am also sending you warm fuzzy thoughts. I hope you are able to get through your sorrow and frustration. Maybe find a punching bag for your Hit?

Sam I am going to guess younger- like 15?

Welcome swoldier- I will have to pester you with lifting questions, too.

Not my best week I had round two of gastroenteritis - the "number 2" part during my overnight getaway anniversary celebration in the wine country. I did not drink much wine today
    I couldn't fit into my black miniskirt despite low cals and dehydration for five days. I will have to get rid of it and face that my midsection might never be the same as it was fifteen years ago.
    Even worse my gym bag was stolen from my car last weekend. DH gave me. A nice gym bag for Christmas- it was black leather - to help me "look tough" at the gym. It also had my supercharged book and my workout sheets and my lb- a sheet of my progress on all lifts since I started.
    I am subbing in yoga for half a week as it was a break between stages and I am still not eating well.

Oh, no! What a rotten week :( I hope you can feel better quick. And who steals a gym bag? Seriously, I do not understand people.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Beeps and Pmag, I still don't have your challenge results for last week (or maybe I missed them)!

This week is the last week of the challenge!

Start thinking of another challenge for June and July. Calorie challenge, NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) challenge, lifting challenge, etc....small goals that will help us achieve our BIG goals!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    BBCowgirl - I don't think I deserve much beyond a 1/3 for last week...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did my lifting....am back doing the Advanced Strength Series by Venus. So, where I left off, was Module 1, Week 3, Day 1. I dropped back quite a bit of the weight because I don't want to be too stiff and sore. Too late...My quads are BULGING from water-retention as I sit here.

Booooooooooooooooo.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl I did mention a caloire deficient in my response. 65% of Max is low end effort. Daily acitivity of some sort is not just about losing weight but general health (cardio health, range of motion, combating conditions caused by inactivity) and weight maintenance. Of course you can just cut caloires alone and loose. Not my point. :wink: For someone who wants to start somewhere that plan is a good place to start and only a suggestion.

http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2009/02000/Appropriate_Physical_Activity_Intervention.26.aspx
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    OMG I just don't. want. to. I want chocolate. I want peanut butter. I want a nap. I do NOT want to lift. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OMG I just don't. want. to. I want chocolate. I want peanut butter. I want a nap. I do NOT want to lift. :sad: :sad: :sad:

take a day off....be Happy :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nooooooooooo, do NOT take a day off, runzalot!! Then you will have DOMs (like me) - GO LIFT!

change up your routine (do it back-to-front, for example), change your reps (higher, for eg), drop weights to barbie-doll (so you can smile throughout) - but GO LIFT!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    BBCowgirl - I don't think I deserve much beyond a 1/3 for last week...

I gave myself a big FAT ZERO. :laugh: I slept in. I did not lift. Well, and I did NOT track regularly, and I KNOW it wasn't at a deficit.

And I did weigh today. I am not happy. So what. Not gonna binge eat. Not gonna give up lifting. Not gonna lower my calories. Not gonna go cardio crazy.
  • manic4titans
    Options

Eat a Reece cup.:flowerforyou: and be done with it.