Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Okay, so, I just finished stage 2B2 and have a question about the Bulgarian split squat. I am not doing them any differently from the lunge with back foot elevated because for some reason I just can't get the top of my back foot to lay flat when I descend. I always end up pushing on my toes. I am thinking perhaps I should try abandoning the step I've been using, and switch it for a padded bench next time; maybe the cushioning will make proper positioning possible (say that five times fast! ;) ). Anyone else have this problem?

Then again, I just watched some You Tube videos on the move and some of them have the exercisers pushing up on their toes, just like the lunge move from NROLFW. ???
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to lay your foot flat. I don't. I can't stand it. I'm a rebel.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    I forgot to mention my increases in weight today for 2B2:

Deadlifts: I abandoned the box - it just wasn't working for me - and moved up from 65 to 70lbs. I can't remember where I ended up with my DLs on stage 1 but pretty sure it was 75lb so I will try that on Friday. I tried mixed grip for the first time and it helped; I have small hands and was finding it hard to grip the Olympic bar properly with even just 20lbs of plates added on.

Reverse grip lat pulldown: up to 90 from 75lbs but I could only eke out 7 or 8 reps.

Back lunge with forward reach: up to 12lb dumbells forms 10s. I can definitely use 15s next time.

Prone Cuban snatch: up to 6lb DBs from 5s and that was still too easy so I used 8s for the second set.

I stuck with the long arm ball crunches, incline reverse crunches and stability ball lateral crunches from last week. And this time I did both the prone cobras (last week I missed one :P) and held the second for 90sec.

Added on the HIIT at the end but totally forgot the rest intervals were supposed to be two minutes and I was only doing one! I was about to fall over and didn't realize until the last one. Oops!
  • Pudding1980
    Options

So you're basically just doing the lunges again then?
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Puddin, you are coming up on your toes with a deadlift? I don't think Alwyn designed it the program that way.

I woke up starving this am!!!

Ok this is a TMI question and I mean T M I! :blushing: I have noticed with an increase of protein the stinky STINKY gas has increased. It's horrible! Is this normal? Plus, I am more constipated. I gather that is from "bulking" the stool, huh?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    No no, the toes question was in relation to the Bulgarian split squat.
  • runzalot81
    Options

So you're basically just doing the lunges again then?
    More like chair lunges. My rear foot is elevated but up on the toes. My front foot is flat on the floor.

Manic, that's not TMI. Totally legit. My gas is only stinky if I've been eating too much sugar or fake sugar. If you're using protein powders or bars, they could be causing the problem.

When I first increased my protein, I was poopin' like clockwork. Now, I'm more constipated. A couple of tablespoons of milk of magnesia before bed should have you good to go the next day.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My new swimsuit! I can't believe I found a one piece that fit from top to bottom AND it was the first suit I tried on. I found it at JCPenney. Who knew. I haven't been there in years. It's a size 10.

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg
    Those are 24 inch thighs.

IMG_4062.jpg
    My natural waist is 26 inches. 33 inches at the belly button.

IMG_4065.jpg
    Hips are 42.25 inches today. They've crept up to 43 a time or two since February.

Ruzalot our bodies are very similar! I feel like I'm looking at myself. I've lost some inches lately as a result of working hips and thighs nearly daily for two weeks. Currently Hips are 40" and upper thigh 23.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Runza basic training 3 is a stage in NROL Supercharged. I have to pick exercises from lists of push, pull, hinge etc. I always end up with a lopsided workout- like my B workout was all DLs.
    So I am asking for feedback to see if these are balanced workouts

A is mountain climbers ( these actually just seem like art of the ramp or warmup)
    kettle ball swings
    rack dl
    pushup elevated rear feet or stacked
    side lunge
    inverted rows
    squat and press
    weighted glute bridges

B is cable tall kneeling chop
    front squat
    DB 2 point rows
    jump squat
    single leg Romanian DLs
    standing single arm cable chest press
    Romanian DL and row

I hated romanian single leg dls last year and now they are my favorite.

Are we still checking in with our challenges- I was only 1/3 last week!
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some NSVs this week

Can fit Into the capris I bought at Costco. Still a little tight but wearable. Were very much too tight 2weeks ago.
    Got to 100 lbs on seated rows and did 15 prone jacknifes x 3 yesterday in 1a7.
    Grip got strong enough to do some of the step ups with 25 lb DL in each hand.

Abs hurt today and tryin not overeating for mem day BBQ. Happy Monday!
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Nice job Ari!

Pudding I feel the same way about Bulgarian split lunges gonna try a padded bench good idea!

Weejo, welcome, I'm also somewhat of a n00b - currently on stage 2

Runz you look great, way to go. :)

Lifted 2A this weekend, got some nice numbers Including 100# lat pulldowns (only 6 reps though lol)

Hurt the right hamstring yesterday running intervals did e lidocaine, ibuprofen and heat. Hoping for a SnapBack by tomorrow because there are some dead lifts with my name on it.

One point rows made an interesting observation. If I try to stay absolutely still it's hard to maintain balance but if I kinda pill a little bit of standing leg thrust into it, just a wee bit, I get into a nice groove with 20# dumbbells. Hopefully this is not wrong.

This thread is great - love hearing who everyone is doing :)
  • runzalot81
    Options

I hated romanian single leg dls last year and now they are my favorite.

Are we still checking in with our challenges- I was only 1/3 last week!

Really? I was just thinking today how annoying it is when I fall over. I really have to concentrate :laugh:

I'm 3/3 for this week.

Got my lifting done today. My last A workout in Stage 3. I didn't do the BWM because I really wanted to spend time with DS. All of our other plans got rained on today and he picked a movie for us to watch.

This is a lemon blueberry cupcake I made last year.
    IMG_1001-1.jpg
    Today, I made the same thing but with raspberries. Word. :love: :drinker:

.... Entirely from scratch with real lemon and raspberries. Extra word.
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Here it is.

IMG_4087.jpg
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhhhh *drool* cupcakes... which reminds me, I promised to make the kids some for their lunchboxes.

Small NSV.... BWM? 1min46s = legs shake, but I rock :bigsmile:

Today was soooooooo much better :happy: (note, doing 2 days in a row because won't be able to workout on Friday).
    Maybe it was the extra caffeine? lol
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    So much yumminess and so many hot rocking ladies around - we rock!!!

I am checking in at 3/3. I have been meeting my caloric intake, and then some, for the past three days!!

I went back to lifting this am. The gym was so empty and it felt good...I could not help but do extra workouts that were not on my schedule!!

Tomorrow is cardio day, and I cannot wait!!

Lift on, ladies!

p/s: I do the Bulgarian Split squat with my toes on the bench too (The workouts I have watched I have seen the foot flat on the bench) - I may try having the foot flat on the bench sometime....but it seems to work where it is supposed to work when I do it, so I do not fret over that :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    I loooove all the photos!

Keep them coming.

I ate six pieces of pizza. Good gawd.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

This thread is great - love hearing who everyone is doing :)

:noway:

:blushing:

:bigsmile:

:laugh:

Yes, I've been around my teen son a little much.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    LOL didn't even catch that iPad typo.....I bet we're all getting more due to our great bods!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a while trying to get an idea of how everyone else is getting on with the programme but things just got dirty so I decided that this was the perfect time to join in! :laugh: :laugh:

Yesterday I did stage 2 workout A2. I can't believe how short the stages have gotten, i'll be finished this stage by the end of next week and I am dreading the BWM in stage 3.

I do the bulgarian split squats with the top of my foot flat against a box but it isn't comfortable at all, a padded bench is a good idea.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats - I don't think it matters whether it's toes or flat foot - either is fine IMO, it's not your working leg.

Well, my upper body is farked. Shoulders/ neck/ elbow - all hurt. Had my massage last week and it still hurts - apparently the attachments in my scapula are inflamed? Sigh. Have since done combat twice which has done me no favours. Had fun today with scorpion push ups though and me being better at them than the instructor taking the class - yay, mini win :wink:

I did NROL yesterday but had to drop back weights for my shoulder press - very annoying as that's what I want to improve. However, I did manage to increase reps with my squats. I have combined my pushups with the prone jack knife - makes for an interesting few minutes. Ouchy! Great to challenge yourself though - if you haven't tried it, do it! :bigsmile: