Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    that just took me 20 min to read. lol
    I feel like horse poop. Tired achy, sore throat... I just want to crawl into my PJ's and call it a night. and toasty socks. So once again I've taken my "break" just before the end of a stage. I only had two workouts left. Do I do them or just more on to Basic Training 2? Normally I do the leftover workouts and keep it moving.

Today was an interesting food day. I forgot my breakfast at home. My carpool buddy says, "well, we can go to DD or we pass wonder bagel on the way." I think hmmm, I haven't had a REAL bagel in SO LONG! OMG that place was manna from heaven. I got my bagel, egg and cheese and ordered a panini for lunch and since I was going to get my cookie at subway anyway, I rationalized my way into a raspberry cheese danish. This will be my new payday treat spot. Needless to say, my early calories were high, but it kept me from snacking as much, and I opted to have a salad for dinner, which kept me from having to cook :)

I really should start buying the Costco big container, but them I have to portion it out and add my own fruit. too much work.
    For protein bars, the CLiff builder bars are my all time favorite, but they come out at $1.50 a bar. the zone bars and pure protein bars I can get for .75 each at costco. (I often consider the impact on my wallet before the impact on my waistline.)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt? Nah. lol Sometimes I eat a tub of my son's lactose-free stuff if I'm in the mood. I have been known to mix the plain stuff with some chocolate protein powder on occasion - yummo!

I also eat lots and lots and lots of eggs. I'd get my own chickens except I hate birds lol

My secret stash... hmmm... well, I have a couple of blocks of dairy-free dark chocolate in the fridge, but it isn't really a secret - no-one else likes or can eat it LOL

My husband is home today doing a uni exam - so everything needs to be quiet. Which means I came home to the tv on and him in the office with his headphones in listening to a lecture. I turned the tv off - I hate noise during the day.

I have promised the kids I'd make them cupcakes today - with icing and sprinkles. Better get to it and make a noise while the husband is on a break (ie wandering around aimlessly outside looking for something to do :wink: :laugh: )
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    What kind of cupcakes? Will you post pictures? :heart:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

My favorite Greek yogurt is fage.
    Noosa is tasty but more cals
    Oikos is decent and more widely available

I will ONLY try your "favourite"....and that is ONLY if I can find it in Canada.....and, I guess, when I manage to get to a store to look for it.

GAWD I just HATE shopping SO MUCH that I just never, ever, ever do it. Ever.Aaaagggghhhhhh.

Me too. I don't have a choice not to do it, but if I could get out of it....
    Look on Amazon for bulk individual packs of turkey jerky or beef jerky. I bought some grassfed stuff that is amazing. It's high protein goodness!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    about to go for an hour of brisk walking. I ditched weight training today, I got caught up in making summer travel plans. I get plenty of protein and don't worry at all about it. My diet is generally low carb high protein because those are the foods I prefer generally. Whole foods generally. I don't like protein bars of any stripe mostly and eat those very rarely. A new one I do like is the KIND brand made here in Oregon. The dark chocolate sea salt is good. I do buy the costco greek yogurt and its good. Also we get Nancy's yogurt which might be available only regionally.

I decided not to plunked down the cash for a package of training sessions yet due to going into the summer season. Instead I'm planning to meet just once more with the trainer and get a plan I can until the end of summer then I will sign up for the package.

I bought two pairs of size six capris from Costco and they fit great.

Beeps I'm with you on food shopping. I'd love to just have all my groceries delivered like they did in old days. Why isn't that common thing anymore? I guess it can be done but not sure if they is a fee too big to make it a real option.

I'm making almond milk from scratch tonight.
  • dnamouse
    Options

Of course!
    They are just simple vanilla cupcakes (gluten and lactose free of course lol), iced with gf sprinkles... still haven't decided on icing colour - they are cooling as I type.

I was going to share the yummy cheese, ham, egg & tomato toasted wrap I just made for lunch, but it's been eaten already :tongue: :laugh: :drinker:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Not been a good day of eating for me. :grumble: Not gonna try to log. Trust me it was BAD.

Dr has me on a new med for migraines. He said some Drs use it for weight loss and make sure I eat. WELL, I am EATING. I think it has a reverse affect. (probably not . It's only been 3 dosages but still..... I need something to blame tonight)

Today has been a long day of piano lessons, dentist appts, library, nail salon :wink: , restaurant for dinner, and pure laziness for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow I hope to get back on track.

Good night ladies.
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Cupcake! Yeah, sorry, I already took a bite :tongue:

20z1y7s.jpg

And yes, they are teeny tiny - mini muffin size - perfect for bite sized snacks and little mouths :happy:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It seems fage is not available in Canada- it is 100cal and 18 g of protein--sorry Beeps !

I don't have a secret stash - no matter where I hide treats they are found and eaten!!!

I had an unintended pb on front squats I was having a lot of collarbone pain and was really getting frustrated-- but I did 95lbs x 8.
    Generally I have been working too much eating poorly not sleeping enough and having a bad pain flare.

Jo congrats on Bp- that is a hard lift to progress.

Rocky- I like kind bars as well.

Manic you will get back into the swing of it.

DNA - your cupcakes sound delish.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    wow this thread is busy! its hard to keep up with everyone. (which is a good thing!:smile: )
    People talk about jerky all the time but I always presumed that it is a really gross food that was basically sweets rather than a form of protein. I'm not sure if i can get it here (i like in ireland) but ill have a look. also, im jealous that you can debate the different brands of Greek yoghurt, I am lucky if I can find ANY brand in the supermarket, i think its just not very popular here. Lately I have started using quark a lot in my cooking but again that is hard enough to find, the supermarket may or may not have it. I eat tons of eggs. Love eggs! and had a brief week or two when i ate lots of tinned tuna and got lots of protein but i got sick of that fairly quickly.

I'm doing stage 2, workout A3 today. still not sure I am doing the front squats right, the movement just doesn't flow very naturally but i think maybe i just need to practice it some more.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DouMc, I have done the FSPP three times now and am still finding it awkward. I haven't even gone above 20lb for it since my form still feels off :P

I am headed to Buffalo shopping for the day tomorrow so I am going to bring a cooler and pick up some of these fancy American yogurts you're all talking about :)
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    DouMc, I have done the FSPP three times now and am still finding it awkward. I haven't even gone above 20lb for it since my form still feels off :P

I am headed to Buffalo shopping for the day tomorrow so I am going to bring a cooler and pick up some of these fancy American yogurts you're all talking about :)

Awesome....wave! (I live just south of Buffalo)
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    just finished 1st stage 1 B workout (how do you abbreviate that? you guys through around number/letter salad that i haven't figured out yet!!). lunges are always SO much harder than i think they will be. but i have to admit i felt like a total bad#ss doing deadlifts, even chubby me with my small weights!

still just a baby beginner but liking it :) i do have a funny shoulder twinge that has actually been there since i started C25K -- is is possible to mess up your SHOULDER by running?

happy friday everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I try to eat as much "real food" as I can, i.e. no bars or powders (sometimes I do, though).

lol...I try and get in MORE protein for LESS calories WITHOUT having to do a single lick of work on my own....so, yep, it is "fake food" for me, all the way!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Beeps, have you gained weight or something? The pics in your profile are super hot so I'm not sure what you're getting all worked up over these days?

Super hot :flowerforyou:

I *have* gained weight! Holidays, lack-of-tracking, eating too much, etc.

Moreover, i actually took JUST my "bellybutton waist" measurement, today, as a "look-see"....and it is up 3" (that is right - 3 f*cking inches) from end-of-May, 2013.

Ummmmmmmmmmm.....I need to TIGHTEN UP! For sure. Nothing wrong with going back to the Venus plan (that I love so much) and simply applying consistency to my weekly calories, and my work-outs. It will get me RIGHT back to where I want to be....which isn't here.

Sooooooooooo, I have started my "90 days of Venus" (kind of based on the "100 days of happiness" I am seeing all over fb) and with 90 days of consistency, I'll be in a GREAT place, come September.
  • Beeps2011
    Options

Ya....pictures, please!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today being day 1, means:

1. I will track ALL my calories. Period. The good, the bad, and the ugly. With some practice, I will get back into the habit of PRE-TRACKING my days calories.....that worked THE BEST for me. But, I am out of practice.

2. I will drink a MINIMUM of 12 glasses of water per day. The good news is that I have reduced my diet soda intake to ZERO this week....that likely is a really good thing - I was somehow on the 2- or 3- a day bandwagon for awhile.

3. I will get in my weight-lifting....that is the EASY part. However, I am going to aim to add in some bike riding (no more than 20 minutes of my butt rebels/hurts!) and I am going to get in some walking. Should be easy this weekend since my husband's father and step-mother are descending on us for 7 nights and, since I kinda don't like my f-i-l, taking a LOT of walks might be a really good thing to do!

BOOM!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Not starting out the day very well.... poptarts for breakfast. HEY they were low fat!

I better do some extra HIIT .
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I saw the Dr. today to follow up on my foot sprain. She says no running for 3-4 weeks, then I can follow a return to running plan. Technically if I get to a point that I am pain free for ALL activity I can reurn sooner. So that means no marathon for me the fall. My goal now is to return to runnign healthy and PR at the Akron half marathon in September.

Doc recommends cross training in the mean time to keep up my fitness, cycling is ok, but not spinning class, eliptical is not great, but premissable. I am also thinking I will do some running/walking in waist-deep water.

My ? for you though, is how should I warm up before my w/o? I was running a mile first, but that's out.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Not starting out the day very well.... poptarts for breakfast. HEY they were low fat!

I better do some extra HIIT .

Well, I got side-lined to do a lunch as a "favour" for my boss....so, no lifting for me, today!

(And, I can't very well say "NO" given that my company just laid off eleven people yesterday....and I do NOT want to be "next on the list"!)

Aaaaggghhhhhh.

Calorie-control JUST became KING.