Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Maureen - great you go to classes; I always push harder there because people are watching! Hard for me to get to classes as I live far from work and far from any big places. I feel bad leaving my son for long periods of time (after school til night if I workout). I figure in a few years he'll be in college and it will be my turn. But I look forward to those! Have you seen Barre classes? My friend goes and says it's amazing. My company is moving into Boston next year and building a huge gym for us and will have instructor classes, etc. so I'm hanging on for the year!

Diane - holy squats! And while blow drying your hair; love it!!!

Brenda - do enjoy the potluck as my ribs were worth it and we need those little treats to continue on. As I'm sure you know, just keep it all within reason. After logging everything, I was surprised at how eating awesome earlier in the day and only doing 1/2 the salad and 1/2 the ribs wasn't as bad as I thought.

Emy - keep plugging at C25K - each day I read your words I think I can do it!

Lisa - rest up and feel better. A day for you is okay!

Diane - how long do you hula hoop? On a good day I can get 2 twirls in :) You'd think with my hips I could go for hours!

Pam - enjoy the steak dinner, sounds relish!

Happy Friday and weekend all!!!

Cindy
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! Hmmm.. maybe I'm not doing the squats correctly if you guys all think 125 is amazing. I mean, my legs do start hurting when I hit around the 60 mark.. and by 100 they are crying... I really wanna get up to 150 by month end. And yep.. I do them while blow drying my hair.. I'm standing up while blow drying anyway.. and it takes about 15 minutes to blow my hair dry.. so why not do some exercises? I do the squats... I do stretches.. I march in place.. whatever I can do while standing up...

Cindy.. I try to hula hoop for at least 15 minutes.. that is what most of the 'googling' I did suggests to get any results. I like to get in half hour most days though. I use a weighted hula hoop which I believe is easier to use then a normal kiddie hoop.

Emy.. hope your uncle is doing ok. Have a safe trip to New Orleans.. eat some beignets for me while you are there!

Lisa.. congrats on your weight loss. Hope the cramps go away quickly!

Maureen.. hope you are able to get your run in. Tired legs are never any fun. I know when I have my personal training session my legs don't want to cooperate for several days after.

It's a half work day for me today.. taking care of some 'business' for my aunt who is now in a nursing home. I did win my office biggest loser contest for the 'month'... only 4 of us in it.. and we all actually were at 'gains'.. but I had the least gain.. haha...won $20! So that's 4 cinnamon chais paid for! hahahaaha... Not sure if I will get exercise in today or not... though I will be packing some stuff at my aunts house.. so that counts as exercise.. right? and going up and down the stairs at her house will give me a work out.

Hope everyone has great weekends!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lisa, congrats on the weight loss! Diane, congrats on being the biggest loser, er, smallest gainer? That made me lol.

Cindy, I agree that those fun outings can have a much smaller impact on our weight when we compensate by changing what we eat or our activity level. I know that when I'm following my plan, I can treat myself in a planned way.

Speaking of fun outings, I had a magical dinner last night. I did get full, but not that awful uncomfortable "I must lay down or I'm gonna puke" feeling. And despite my late bedtime and gourmet food hangover, I did get up early and get my gym workout in. I'm gonna pat myself on the back and say job well done. Thankfully I have no eating events to deal with this weekend, so staying on plan should go well.

Emy, thanks for the 13.1 accolades, however I believe that achievement has expired since it was over 3 years ago! I was actually considering scraping the 13.1 sticker off my car. Mostly because I'm not running at all now due to a ridiculously bad case of plantar fasciitis that's I've had for 10 months. That's the crazy thing about running. I may have run for years, but right now all you C25K babes are out there plugging away and you are more accomplished than me. Running fitness is one of those wispy things your can't hold on to, like a cloud. You can stay in it and be doing well, then poof, it's gone. So enjoy yourself running ladies! I hope I can start training again in August. I've been going to PT and if I can get 15 lbs off this tall body, I think I'll be able to start it without hurting myself more.

I haven't logged my food yet today, so that is job one after I'm done here. TGIF everybody!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the potluck. Logged my food, I actually did okay. Had a small steak and a really good corn, bell pepper, onion and black bean side dish. Oh.......and a very small sliver of chocolate cheesecake. Didn't have time for extra workouts, but stayed within my daily calories.......just barely.

Diane, love the squats idea while blow drying your hair, think I'll try it while brushing my teeth!

Lisa, hope you're day went quick and you're feeling better.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Brenda - good job with the potluck, they can definitely be hard. So many different tasty things that you just want to try each one (well...me anyway) I love black beans, I bet that side dish was good.

Pam - good for you getting up early to get that workout in....and the being in control at the magical dinner! I know that feeling you spoke of....the "I must lay down or I'm gonna puke" one. Lol I can honestly say that I haven't had that in a long time. My dh had plantar fascistic before, very very annoying. He runs marathons, does ironman triathlons...and he had a terrible time of it. Thankfully that was a few years ago and it hasn't reoccurred. Hopefully yours will soon pass and you can get that C25K started.

diane - congrats on the Biggest Loser win! I'd say even if you were the least gainer its still a win. lol And, if you run up the stairs each time you go up at your aunts you'll definitely get the exercise in!

Emy - I actually live in a very rural area too, far from any gyms or workout places. These classes are put on at our local firehall (lol) in a back room. The girl who does them has been doing it for quite a few years now but the classes have kind of changed a bit. Its only a 5-10 min drive from my house so I feel lucky that she does it! I have never heard of barre classes, i will have to google that! That is awesome that your company is going to be building a gym and doing fitness classes...you can definitely take advantage of that.

Going to run today, however distance is TBA. :wink:
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Happy Saturday!

It is a happy day for me, I am now another 1.2lbs this morning. That makes 2.6lbs this week. Weird. This is the week I exercised the least in the past 4 months. I even relaxed about food a little bit because I wanted a break. I was planning to eat at maintenance (I never did) & I may not have logged everything. I guess that whoosh that they talk about can really happen. Hopefully it does not come back when I start weight lifting & running again.

I have met my first milestone of 25lbs, so I am buying myself new fitbit bands today.

I have a cold I think, so I will not be running today. We are going to a food and wine fest tonight, that is close to our house, so I will walk there. Hopefully I will get my 10 000 steps in because I also have to clean my house & maybe get some groceries.

It is great to keep reading about everyone keeping at it. We are lucky to have such a great support group.

Lisa
  • summerluno2
    Options

I have met my first milestone of 25lbs, so I am buying myself new fitbit bands today.

Congrats Lisa! Love the idea of goaling/gifting yourself …. you've well earned it!!
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lisa, thats so great! Congratulations on your hard work!

I'm going to do w5d2 today. My son is going to run with me this evening so it should be a fun time!

I did my measurements this morning. I've lost 4 inches on my hips but only 1.5 inches from my waist. I'm happy but so wish more was coming off my waist! I remember from the last time I lost a good bit of weight that I lost from my hips first. Back then, I remember thinking that my stomach actually looked bigger as my hips got smaller. This time, my stomach does look smaller to me. I had gotten so that I was retaining so much water, I was miserable.

Hope everyone has a happy Saturday, I didn't get to New Orleans yesterday so will probably go this morning. Diane, I would love to have a beignet! The sad part is that I get beignets for the kids at least once or twice a month and I haven't touched one in years. I was beginning to think I just couldn't lose the weight no matter how restricted my diet was. I'm now thinking that exercise is the key for me. When I finally lost most of my weight after my third baby, it was after my back surgery. I was doing physical therapy and walking a lot. I added yoga classes and a resistance routine at the gym after physical therapy ended. I was following the south beach diet as well and always gave that diet credit for me losing weight. As time went on, I dropped the exercising but tried to go back several times to the south beach. Honestly, while i was probably eating too many calories, i very seldom allowed myself bread, carbs, and sugar. Nothing worked! After a month of exercising this time and seeing the scale move, I think I understand what was going on a little better now.

Emy
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    8km run done! Totally didn't expect to go that distance today, I just ran 8K yesterday so was figuring on 5 or 6. Where I ran today the finish was totally uphill...long grade and it sure felt good to be done. This will give me 37km for the week. My highest in awhile.

lisa - WTG on the loss, sometimes our bodies just surprise us I guess...Great big congrats on the 25 lb milestone! I don't know much about fitbits, what are fitbands? I guess I can just google them. lol

Emy - so nice that your son is going to run with you, I wish mine would too! You are melting away the inches by the sounds....I wish I had measured myself.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend! I am thinking that tomorrow might be a rest day for me. Depends! :drinker:
  • bhox3
    Options
    Congrats Lisa on the milestone and congrats to Emy for the lost inches - great job!!

Today I started C25K. Only one week left of JMBR and want to have a structured exercise plan when that's completed, otherwise I'm afraid I won't get my butt out of bed at 5:30 to exercise! Will be gardening, cleaning house and doing laundry today so hope to get in a few extra steps and lot of calories burned!

Have a great day!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Welcome to C25K Brenda!

Emy, 4 inches is awesome!!!

Maureen, uphill at 8K - impressed!

Today I started week 2 of C25K, I figured I've babied week 1 for about 4 weeks now so it's time to graduate. Glad I did - was difficult, but I did better than I thought; and I need to keep pushing myself. Took my son and nieces out for dinner which was fun and I did pretty good and was able to stay in my daily goal.

Tomorrow I want to walk the big hill near my house that I was telling Jetta about a few weeks back. That and some arm exercises is my goal for the day. Oh and I'm making that apple dish for breakfast - yum!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Today is a rest day, but might run anyway. I'll see where the day takes me! Will plan meals for this week for sure though.

Have a great Sunday!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Cindy, you can do it! Just go slowly. I took my son yesterday to do w5d2. I've been saying that I could walk faster than I'm jogging, and he proved me right last night. He could walk much faster than I was going! He picked on me a lot and I didn't feel as great about my progress as before. But I'm stayed strong and didn't try to go faster just to show him, lol! One good thing though was that we stayed so busy talking and laughing that the 8 minute jogging intervals didn't seem long at all. I even improved on my time for the first mile. He says he is going with me on Tuesday when I attempt w5d3 (20 minutes of straight jogging!) hopefully the distraction will help me get through it.

Brenda, glad you are joining us on the c25k adventure!

Maureen, you are doing amazing! As I mentioned before, I have no hills at all. One day, when I get a little more confident in my abilities, I'm going to seek out some.

Today is rest day for me. Going to get some cooking done for next week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!

Emy
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lisa – Wowzers! I’m very impressed by that milestone, congratulations! I think our bodies long for breaks sometimes. I notice that if I strength train hard for 3 weeks then miss a week, that I have no problem increasing my weights at that next workout. It’s like my muscles saying, “Thank you for time to grow!” And I’ve read that the same thing goes for extended periods of calorie restriction, that when you loosen up your plan a little, that it can give your body a sigh of relief so it can release some weight easily. As a compulsive overeater, I always take that advice too far though and end up doing more harm than good as I can’t seem to get back into the restricted calorie groove.

Emy – You are so right about exercise! I think that most of the weight loss efforts should be food focused, but increasing your activity level is a sure bet to get the inches and pounds off. Congrats on the inches lost. I always lose weight in weird ways and my stomach is the last to go. Oh darn you genetics! I always lose the boobs, arm, and face fat first. Which my husband never likes, but I try to remind him that fat boobs aren’t really all that great. He’s not totally on board yet. ;)

Maureen – Thanks for the PF well wishes, I’m hoping weight loss will play a big role in my recovery. Way to knock out two back-to-back 8k’s. I am impressed. I live in hilly Atlanta and I love the ebb and flow of running hills. I always finish with the long one near my house at the end. Training with that hill makes racing better when I think I’m gonna die near the finish, I can always push myself harder. Oh, how I miss running!

Brenda – Woohoo for potluck control and starting C25K!

Did I mention that I had no eating hurdles to worry about this weekend? Gah! We ended up going to my parents yesterday so my husband could help my Dad with his boat. I suddenly had to worry about my step-mom's great cooking and rum drinks and all the other things that come along with social lake eating. But I decided to start the day with a 15-mile hilly bike ride that burned over 1000 calories, then I talked my step-mom into letting me bring up tamales that I'd bought at the farmer's market. So dinner was pretty healthy, and I skipped the queso and tortilla chips she provided, as well as the rum drinks my dad offered. I did make a peach cobbler, because I'm a Georgia girl with a bag of Georgia peaches that were going too soft. It's just what we do. But I had a little spoon of ice cream instead of half a bowl full, and when I logged it all in, I was only 27 calories over for the day. Big win for me!!!

Today I'm going to strap on the sports bra and do some Just Dance to mix things up a bit. I've also promised myself that I'll do all the boring physical therapy exercises that I never want to do for my hips and ankles. I'm so pleased with myself that I've logged 5 days in a row, even meals that were not considered healthy. I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Pam,

Way to go with the bike ride! You give me hope that there can be room for social events in this new lifestyle! By the way, I love some peach cobbler, but never make it because my husband and children don't eat it. (Means I end up eating it all!) I usually have to wait until my stepmom makes it.

Emy
  • summerluno2
    Options
    I think Pam should make Peach Cobbler for all of us! ;-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Was beautiful here in MA, mid 70s with a breeze, great outside weather. Did my C25K yesterday and today took the dog for a 65 min walk. Was great being outside.

I'm looking forward to a few more days of extra working out so Friday can be a good weigh in day for me.

Talk with you all soon!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Today is weight lifting day for me, so I will be getting that in this afternoon after work. I did a lot of cooking yesterday and feel pretty good about that. Got a couple of family dinners in the freezer, and breakfast and lunch servings for me for the next week or two. I haven't done this much cooking in years. I think my family is starting to crave takeout food or an evening eating out. They will just have to suffer through! I'm not feeling confidant enough yet to try it. When I started this, I made some short term goals for my first 3 months. If I make those goals, then I think I will treat myself (and them!) to a night out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Emy
  • summerluno2
    Options
    He could walk much faster than I was going! He picked on me a lot and I didn't feel as great about my progress as before. But I'm stayed strong and didn't try to go faster just to show him, lol! One good thing though was that we stayed so busy talking and laughing that the 8 minute jogging intervals didn't seem long at all. I even improved on my time for the first mile. He says he is going with me on Tuesday when I attempt w5d3 (20 minutes of straight jogging!) hopefully the distraction will help me get through it.

Don't let that get you down. You are jogging!!!!! And 5 weeks ago you weren't so you are already faster and improved!!!!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been MIA the past couple of days. I had hoped to get to the gym this morning but I am soooo tired. I believe it is allergies & not a cold. I almost wish it was a cold, then it would go away sooner. No matter what I will get up & run tomorrow. I ran last year with a little cold, & ended up with pneumonia somehow. Now I am a little extra careful!

I had many food challenges this weekend. The biggest being that I was tired & didn't cook. We did not go to the wine & food festival Saturday night, just stayed home.

Oh well. Moving forward. I am going to start taking allergy medicine every day. I will be walking tonight to find a spot to watch the fireworks tonight & I know our store will be busy, so I should get 10 000 steps in.

I will get my energy back, no matter what!

Good job Emy on cooking. I know my family complains sometimes, but if we have an off weekend my daughter complains about us feeding her crap. Lol. My daughter used to skip or walk next to while I was doing c25k. It embarrassed me & made me angry. She complemented me during our last 5k race though & said I was getting too fast now & she was forced to run..... Well a backhanded complement but I laughed.

I agree Cindy. Maybe we should post our addresses so that Pam can send us all a bowl of peach cobbler or at least those sweet Georgia peaches!

Good job on running Maureen! I am having a hard time getting out there, but to tomorrow will be the day!

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for continuing to post & giving me the motivation I need to get back out there
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Well, It was a bad weekend for me. Didn't feel well... and I don't know what it is but my legs around my knees are red, bumpy and very itchy. It's not poison ivy because I've been nowhere near any. But it's driving me batty! I've tried Cortizone, and Benadryl and nothing helps. Feeling blah today(mood wise, not physical) so had a Cinnamon Chai and a donut.. now I feel even more blah. BUT.. Today I will suck it up and move on.. and do better the rest of the day! Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Diane