Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I claimed a new friend from the forums lol. Now I'm trying to convert her to heavy lifting. I layed it out. She is close to 200 and wants to lose weight and comes back with light lifting and tons of cardio. <forehead smack> Hope I was diplomatic enough.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Another HIIT comment - I've been doing it the day after and tacking on some other stuff. Stage 3 starts to get so long! I add 2 warm up sets to the first two exercises, plus a 10 minute cardio warm up. Plus the core exercises i run around 20-25 reps, making those a bit longer. This brings the workout close to 90 minutes. I can't take it any longer than that at the gym, I save the HIIT or Intervals for the next day and extend it a bit. hopefully this is acceptable. :)
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Question for any of you who lift early in the morning. Do you eat before, or wait until after? If before, does it upset your stomach?
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I prefer to have something light at least before working out and then heavy when I'm done.

Mission accomplished: I finally found shorts that fit at old navy for $8 a pair at that. My choices were black, tan, or green in a five inch inseam or a 3.5 in inseam THey seem like old lady shorts, but hey they fit. I also hit up VS and bought 2 new bras for the year. Ithink they have started vanity cup sizing or something. How is it possible that I can buy the SAME EXACT bra that was big on me when I was PREGNANT 7 years ago, and now I'm a full cup size bigger, A to a B. It fits awesomely, and I have to admit my smaller bra looked silly when I put it back on afterwards, but come one a FULL CUP SIZE BIGGER? Especially after loosing weight.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    And so bikinigeddon has come and gone. I went to the beach yesterday and laid out in my bikini and achieved a delicious and beautiful tan. I wasn't embarrassed in my bikini or my body and my mom even said I looked really good and I'd lost a lot of weight. I turned bikinigeddon into this huge deal. As if it were a bikini competition and I'd be judged on presentation. No one judged me. As a matter of fact no one even looked at me. I built this thing up to be so big in my head and no one even looked at me. Which is a shame cause I did look pretty good.
    I realized I have an issue with self sabotaging. I lose 5 lbs and I want to celebrate by eating fried chicken, burgers, and fries. So then I of course turn around and gain all my weight back and start to lose the great body I worked so hard for. I finally came to understand that this journey will never be over. I'll always have to eat right. I'll always have to work out. I can enjoy all those foods that are bad for me but it's not something I can do every day. All in all it's been a good week and I'm glad bikinigeddon has come and gone. It taught me a lot about myself.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You deserve fried chicken for that post and realization, red lipstick ;) Just kidding! But truly, your attitude is amazing and you're right. So right. Every time I am somewhere with strangers in bathing suits I realize I would look more than fine in one. At least 50% of the people I see are "not ideal" bodies for bikinis and yet there they are, looking good and confidant and yet I have never worn one. Like, ever. I am turning 34 next month and am the fittest I've ever been...perhaps this is the time.

Good work!
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Man oh man I am still so sore! I've been drinking a lot of water... anybody have any tips to help relieve the muscle soreness?

On another note... I'm so proud of myself for reaching my protein goal yesterday! This almost never happens and I'm trying really hard :)
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good job on hitting your protein yesterday bschoo01! I hit mine, but only by having a delicious Philly Cheesesteak hamburger for dinner that put me significantly over my calorie target.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What pudding said!

Red lipstick - that is a great realization, doesn't really matter what others think, it was important to you and it motivated you and you felt great on the beach! Besides mom noticed and she's usually the first one to say;

"have you gained weight?"
    "that is a very big piece of cake"
    "looks like you need a size 12"

Lol at least they're honest.

Worked for 9 hours today - bleah. Gym is closed and today was my last day to get another 3A in for the week!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Allergies are still floating around, it's the stupid wind that's doing it. There must be some dust flying around or something.

Feeling decidedly out of it after taking the antihistamine yesterday, but coffee is helping lol

I'm going to check out what Fitness Blender has that's new and start incorporating some more cardio in starting next week. Kick boxing looks good...
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey all I am still feeling badly - poor appetite nausea bloating abdominal pain and feeling like I will pass out. My pcp has no idea so I saw another md -still no idea. So I am waiting to see a gastroenterologist.
    It was time for a week off anyway so no lifting for me.
    I will do some walking and yoga and swimming.

Red lipstick - yeah for bikinigeddon.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bschool- the best cure for DOMs is to keep working out---after a couple of weeks at 2-3x a week you will feel better
  • Semarshman
    Semarshman Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Not sure what DOM's is? Can someone tell me?

I am feeling really good today. At yesterdays workout I managed to do 12 full pushups in a row, for both sets! This is really big for me. I typically do them on my knees, or with my hands on the bench. Then, for the seated rows I managed to use a weight that just last week, seemed impossible to me! Yeah! I also went for a great run on the beach this weekend. There is nothing I enjoy more than beach running. Especially now when the water is so warm that it is almost like running through bath water. I love it.

This week I am going to try and focus more on my diet and make sure i am eating to support my new weight training habit. That means protein, protein, protein. Over the weekend I made a huge pot of bison chili, and chicken tikka. Both are loaded with veg too. These should help me in my goals this week.

Thanks to all of you who are posting such great information. It is really helpful!
    Sarah
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,960 Member
    Options
    . I wasn't embarrassed in my bikini or my body and my mom even said I looked really good and I'd lost a lot of weight. I turned bikinigeddon into this huge deal. As if it were a bikini competition and I'd be judged on presentation. No one judged me. As a matter of fact no one even looked at me. I built this thing up to be so big in my head and no one even looked at me.

Hear, hear!!

Isn't there an old saying about, "if you realized how little (time) people spend ever thinking about you, you wouldn't worry so much what people think of you"?!?!?

I am really glad you had a great event and that you NOW know that the WHOLE FITNESS/NUTRITION thing is ALL ABOUT YOU!!

It is about what YOU really want.....it has NOTHING to do with any other person and believe me, none of them care ONE WHIT. But, YOU do. (And so you should...)

Good luck in re-formulating YOUR goals for YOURself!

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Man oh man I am still so sore! I've been drinking a lot of water... anybody have any tips to help relieve the muscle soreness?

Advil helps me with muscle soreness.....keep up the drinking of gallons and gallons of water - that is going to help with EVERYTHING, too!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Allergies are still floating around, it's the stupid wind that's doing it. There must be some dust flying around or something.

It is a BRUTAL allergy season this year, i am finding.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hey all I am still feeling badly - poor appetite nausea bloating abdominal pain and feeling like I will pass out. My pcp has no idea so I saw another md -still no idea. So I am waiting to see a gastroenterologist.
    It was time for a week off anyway so no lifting for me.
    I will do some walking and yoga and swimming.

What the heck is going on with you?!?!? That all sounds horrible and awful....I really hope you find some RELIEF very soon!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...time to
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...roll
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...this