Options

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow. .. i gotta look some of those up first :/
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1, 2 and 3 today, so I could be in time with the challenge dates for the rest of the month. 2 point planks are lost on me. I think I may need to sub just regular type anytime it says that. Or maybe do a 2 point for the couple of seconds I can hold it and then switch to regular for the rest of whatever the alotted time is. Tired doing the 10 seconds and wondering how the heck I'm gonna do 75!!
    LisasRoadtolosing100lbs Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • hummerjl
    hummerjl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in for Planksgiving! I will probably do two days worth each day to get caught up!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Me too! (or six,or seven...whatever), but I'm with Thump....I gotta look up what some of those moves are :o
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    i think the beginners are trying to pull back into first place!!!
  • julebg79
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    i think the beginners are trying to pull back into first place!!!

Yes, we ARE! :)

I'm so jazzed to have my team celebrating Planksgiving with me! :)
    I had to look up the move instructions, too, and watched some youtube videos of a couple of them. This is definitely new territory for me--I'm "used" to regular planks (not that I do them often), but not all these crazy variations!
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I printed the sheet, and had no idea what most of them were... I could guess.. but yeah... getting my BF to do these with me also. I had to Google some of the exercises - and I don't think I will be actually jumping for the plank jacks.. I think I will walk my legs out and back in. Last time I did similar (burpees) I pulled my diaphram and was in pain for 6 months... never again!
  • julebg79
    Options
    tracymayo1--no shame in modifying the moves that don't work for you. I'm definitely trying to find an alternative for the 2 point plank, which I couldn't hold for even 3 seconds. I love that you're getting your BF to do it, too. I've roped my hubby in. He's a bit annoyed with me, I think. LOL
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    julebug - my BF used to laugh at me when I mentioned planking to him.. Then he and his gym buddy tried it.. couldn't do one plank for more than 5 seconds.. and he wasn't laughing anymore! Seeing as I know he has put this into his routine now, I figure on the nights when he isn't being my strength coach he can do these with me!
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm game! I'm on vaca starting Saturday so my score won't count next week (a little hard to count calories in Disney ) cardio is an obvious and the three year old could be my strength lol but celebrating Planksgiving with my team will help me feel connected:)
    Options
    @bmercy21.... Disney?!?!?! I'm so jealous.

I looked up all these exercises, I know I got these. They might not look pretty but it'll get it done.
    LisasRoadtolosing100lbs Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    day one and two done planksgiving..... beth challenge done.... im dying.... water and bed!

oh I forgot part 3 of the Beth challenge - I do not feel I under estimated myself at all. I choose the beginner team because only a few weeks prior to starting this challenge I rejoined mfp after my hip surgery in August of 2013. I actually am mad at myself for all the weight and gained and all the hard work I have to re-do. Mostly I'm glad I choose the beginners team because I had no idea how much of an uphill battle I was facing with my exercising. I try to do things I could do back before my hip injury and its not as easy as I remember, PLANKS included. My challenge to myself is to be ready for the intermediate team for part 2 of season 5 (although they are always last! maybe I'll stay a beginner and do intermediate minutes)
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thump419 wrote: »
    day one and two done planksgiving..... beth challenge done.... im dying.... water and bed!

oh I forgot part 3 of the Beth challenge - I do not feel I under estimated myself at all. I choose the beginner team because only a few weeks prior to starting this challenge I rejoined mfp after my hip surgery in August of 2013. I actually am mad at myself for all the weight and gained and all the hard work I have to re-do. Mostly I'm glad I choose the beginners team because I had no idea how much of an uphill battle I was facing with my exercising. I try to do things I could do back before my hip injury and its not as easy as I remember, PLANKS included. My challenge to myself is to be ready for the intermediate team for part 2 of season 5 (although they are always last! maybe I'll stay a beginner and do intermediate minutes)

That's what I was thinking lol! I don't want to mve up! I usually try to aim for their numbers but I think beginners rock! I did all all Planksgiving days to catch up... Note to self not smart! :)
  • julebg79
    Options
    Just finished Planksgiving Day 4 and the great pumpkin workout for the first bit of my Carol challenge. I used a small watermelon instead of a pumpkin, though, because that's what I had on hand! I plan to do my mile run for the fitness blender test tomorrow at lunch, so hopefully will have the results of my fitness challenge to post up here tomorrow.

bmercy21--have a great time in Disney, I'm glad you'll still be planking with us! :)

tracymayo1--you're very lucky to have a BF who is clearly so supportive of your fitness goals! Mine does join me but still comes off as resistant to the idea much of the time. But I do so much better when I have a buddy, so I've been dragging him in kicking and screaming. Its good for him, too, so I think its worth a bit of fight!
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK, so I am in for Planksgiving. I will do 2 a day until I am caught up. Some of those look extremely difficult!
  • maphammonds
    Options
    I'm thankful for Planskgiving....well, at least my core will be when it's over anyway :)
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did the physical fitness test in the Carol portion of this week's challenge, and as per instructions I am sharing the results with my team.

Run one mile: 10:52
    Push-ups to fail: 17
    Squats to fail: 57
    Plank to fail: 19 seconds
    Stretch: 3-1/2 inches

I am pleased with all the results except the plank. I haven't done a plank before and it is not as easy as it looks. I may need to do the Planksgiving challenge, though I'm almost a week behind.
  • maphammonds
    Options
    nice work, CindyB97!
  • julebg79
    Options
    Great job, CindyB97! I was also coming here to post my PFT results for the Carol portion! I'm posting my husbands beside mine, too, so I can look back for him when I need to).

Mile: Me:11:22min on our bike trail (husband: timer failed, so he'll have to do it later!, somewhere in the 9.5-10.5 range, though)
    Pushups to fail: Me: 11 (knees, not toes) (husband 31--toes)
    Squat to fail: Me: 134 (husband 63)
    Plank to fail: Me: 1:04 (husband 2:02)
    Sit and Reach: Me: 3.75 inches (husband: -11.5)

I'm embarrassed by my low number of even the "girly" pushups, but I knew going in that's my weakest activity. I was really happy with my squat numbers, and pleasantly surprised by the sit and reach, since I don't consider myself very flexible in that particular posture (and DH apparently really ISN'T). After the plank to fail, I'm seriously worried about the end of the planksgiving challenge! 4 different plank styles for 75 seconds each is gonna be murder!!!

My legs are now jell-o, as well as the abs. Planksgiving tonight after the plank to fail ought to be, um, challenging!