Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Sheryl, surgery is Feb 3rd and it's the same hospital, same surgeon. I'm getting nervous.

Hi Marcie and Debora. Having serious withdrawal...

Night all.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Elaine, don't have withdrawal. Just keep popping in here. Feb. 3 is just around the corner. Prayers all goes well. I wrote more at the NM post. I'm enjoying the fitbit though. My niece told me it has an alarm - didn't know that.
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting a fit bit but I don't do much walking because of arthritis but I ride a recumbent bike and I also ride a Trikke. I can only ride the Trikke when the roads are dry because mine has an electric hub motor which makes it easy to ride as far as I can and then let the motor bring me home. It's also unsafe to ride on wet roads even without a motor. Too easy to slide on it.

I also can only ride in my neighborhood streets and not on the outside roads which is a bummer, I could go ten or 12 miles if I could get out of the neighborhood.

Elaine, I had trouble when blood was taken for a surgery back in 1998 and they tell me I can't give my blood, even to myself anymore. I never gave it to the blood bank because I have always been ill. I sure want it if I have a known surgery though.

Take care and know we are all behind you here. Prayers for a successful surgery.

• anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning all, I haven't been to sleep yet and thought I would post now since I will be in bed sometime this morning. :D

I have been busy finishing up the organizing in my new sliding drawers my husband and I built for the kitchen. I organized all of my dry goods into half gallon mason jars and anything else that could be stored in them. This put all foods (single items) in all my drawers and I have an idea of where it all is when I need it now.

I have a decently organized home but I need to finish up the guest/craft room and get things organized or donated from that room. I think I am going to use Flylady for her 15 minutes at a time to get it organized. My husband will be gone alot this month for business trips so I have plenty of time to bring things out and spread them out into the living room without disturbing him.

My husband has the flu and his boss at work is in the hospital from severe flu. I hope it doesn't get that bad here in this house.

If you are interested in checking out the Flylady she is starting from the beginning today. She helped me to keep my home better organized when I was a single mommy who worked full time.

I wasn't organized then like I am now, but my sink was clean and so were my bathrooms. Flylady has alot to offer, you can check her out at the link below, she is doing her 31 days of working on getting the CHAOS out of our homes. Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome like Nutrimirror did for my health.

flylady.net/d/br/author/flylady/

• arobed53
    Options
    Good morning, it was sad this morning thinking of just two more days at NM and you can't put off logging. I'm a little nervous about starting to log here just because of learning something new. But we move forward.

Connie, I like flylady. I have learned a lot from her but certainly don't do it the same way she says. I always change things. Cool on all the changes to your kitchen. Enjoy. Since your husband will be gone, that's a great time for some big projects.

Haven't heard that I'm supposed to go back to oldest's son's house yet so planning on doing what I can here along with our Bible conference morning and evening.

Have a great Tuesday.
  • anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Arobed, I was thinking the same thing this morning when it turned the 20th, sad there are only a couple of days left of NM. Flylady offers so much to people, I don't do it her way either, I definitely skip ahead, lol. But I can see how baby steps would work for someone who is starting from the beginning and doesn't know where to start.

As an aside, I would prefer to be called by my MFP name or it could be shortened to "anew" or something. I am terrible at names and seeing everyone else's name that posts is how I would like to address all of you. Thanks.

• sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Marcie, enjoy your vacation, I consider that it starts today, since you would have had yesterday off anyway. I imagine that by the end of the week, Cisco will have tried every trick in the book to have your attention every moment of the day. He'll have a rude awakening next Monday when you head out to work.

I have PT today, and then from there, head to the lab for blood work. We're still monitoring the blood thinners every other week and I think those blood clots are finally breaking up. The swelling has dramatically reduced, I can actually feel my ankle bone again. And, there's space in between my toes again.

I guess that's it for now, see you later.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Ferris, how was PT today? I am happy to hear you have had success in breaking up blood clots. I bet your foot and ankle feel much better.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hidie Ho Neighboreno's, just popping in to check in on you all to make sure everyone is okay.
    Sheryl, it's good to hear that the blood clots are breaking up.
    Elaine, I will keep you in my prayers with everyone else from the NM Family.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Good Morning all, last day to copy/paste/save/pdf/HTML/any which way you can, to keep all the memories. They are all good memories, but we go on to a new path of balanced, healthy living.

PT was brutal again, but very good. I graduated from red band to green band. How very appropriate. More resistance for my exercises. (Next step will be blue band).
    I realized that it was one year ago this month that I came to understand that I was really sick...too weak to follow the Leslie Sansome Walking DVDs. I joined her website to get guidance to walk all year, she had daily reminders and tips and I just didn't have the breath or strength to follow. I'm anxious to get the DVD out now and see how well I can do it.

Marcie, do we use the same "formula" here as we did on NM to put in links? I suppose that it's an internet thing and not just an NM thing. I'm showing my computer ignorance, all my computer knowledge came from Mike and NM members.

Tomorrow, I'll take the "getting started" here at MFP and learn how to log my food. I'm doing all our own cooking now, so I should be able to handle it again.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Sheryl, no, not the same formual...and you dont have to type in the code yourself. When you create a post, there is a toolbar with an icon that looks like a chain (the one next to the smiley icon). Just click on it, paste the URL addess of your link, and in the post just type the text you want to give the link. Note...the icon next to the chain (looks like a piece of paper with the end folded down) is for inserting photos.
  • arobed53
    Options
    "NutriMirror is closed as of January 21, 2015.
    We thank you for your support over the years. To keep in touch with friends you've made through NutriMirror, try Facebook's NM Family Page. To stay informed of any new initiatives from the creators of NutriMirror, be sure to follow Mike on Facebook."

Of course, I had to click on NM this morning. It was so nice to find this note and not just a blank screen. When I got home last night, I was disappointed cause I couldn't bring up comments for one last time but I had a hard time going to sleep (cough - slight temp this morning) and checked at midnight and all was normal then. Need to let my daughter I babysat for last night about my temp so they can keep an eye on everyone there. Hopefully, just a one day thing.

Spending the morning at home. Will attempt to log my food here and move on to new things. Have a great day.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Arobed, I hope you get to feeling better soon. My husband just went through the flu and I have been doing everything I could not to get it. I hope I succeeded and so far so good. His boss was in the hospital last weekend with the flu.

I am waiting in the parking lot of my doctors office. I leave very early because my trip is 35 miles one way and its raining pretty hard today. Thought I was going to hydroplane on the highway near home when I hit standing water on the side of the lane. Scary, but I remembered to take my foot off the gas and don't touch the brake went through my head.

I hope everyone has a great day today.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Good Morning, I got my coffee and am getting used to this new place. It's nice to have a morning chat with you all, even if it's different surroundings.

Elaine, praying for you always, but especially on Feb 3rd. Hope you can be calm leading up to your surgery.

Well, today needs to be a pamper John day. He's been so patient with me these last two weeks as I have been on the computer in the other room for long hours.

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Still enjoying my staycation. It's been nice not having to deal with deadlines and traffic congestion!

I was sure sad last night watching NM shutdown. Right before it closed I was reading an old post of mine about when my kitty Casey died and all the supportive comments I got. I will miss that place. But, we begin anew armed with all the things we learned over there.

We got word this morning that the husband of my cousin just died, diabetes. He was only 30 years old. On top of that we got word that my uncle, who already lost a leg to diabetes, may lose his other leg. Diabetes is no joke.

I havent even brushed my hair yet this morning. My dad saw me and yelled "eek". He's such a brat! I guess I'd better get ready for the day. Havent eaten anything yet either. I think Im going to make myself an omlette this morning and some strawberries. I've been on a strawberry kick lately.

Here's Cisco's latest thing to get my attention when I'm on the Ipad. :)

69v10u8lzqrt.jpg

Sheryl, you are so good to John. I hope he enjoys the pampering!

Debora, I hope you are feeling better soon. So far Ive escaped the flu, fingers crossed.

Anew, that's sure a long trip to the doctors office. I hope all is ok.

Elaine, I'm keeping you in my thoughts as you get closer to the surgery.

Hopefully JC will make it over here. Shes a member, but I dont think shes been here yet. She said maybe when she has her fitbit.

Still sad that Granny wont join us. Hope she is doing ok.

Ah well, "That's Life"...

Have a great day everyone, and keep going for green!
  • greasysgal
    greasysgal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, you know....I never posted anything on PBS/WC on NM because I always thought it was a "real family' using NM for their daily chats/emails. I didn't realize all you guys were on it....a different kind of "real family" ! As I was reading my 10 days of E28 that I had AND looking at my food journals early this morning (east coast) I realized how I sabotage myself over & over again. This isn't news to me but, somehow, seeing it in black & white (food logs) over a period of years I saw the same pattern written on the pages......log for a while, lose some weight, get excited, pat myself on the back & then go back to old eating patterns. It seems as though i am either afraid of succeeding,afraid or avoiding all the work it takes to accomplish my goals or not believing it will be a true life change that I can maintain. I know this is heavy for the PBS/WC but I'd love to hear from you guys that truly had this kind of challenge & finally got thru it.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    greasysgal wrote: »
    Hey everybody, you know....I never posted anything on PBS/WC on NM because I always thought it was a "real family' using NM for their daily chats/emails. I didn't realize all you guys were on it....a different kind of "real family" ! As I was reading my 10 days of E28 that I had AND looking at my food journals early this morning (east coast) I realized how I sabotage myself over & over again. This isn't news to me but, somehow, seeing it in black & white (food logs) over a period of years I saw the same pattern written on the pages......log for a while, lose some weight, get excited, pat myself on the back & then go back to old eating patterns. It seems as though i am either afraid of succeeding,afraid or avoiding all the work it takes to accomplish my goals or not believing it will be a true life change that I can maintain. I know this is heavy for the PBS/WC but I'd love to hear from you guys that truly had this kind of challenge & finally got thru it.

I can somewhat relate. When I first started on NM I managed to meet my goal within 6 months and I maintained it for a year. Then in Dec.2011 I had some back problems and decided to take a break from exercising. It wasn't until I started to download some of my archive post that I realized just when I started going down hill (back to my old ways). When I noticed that I had put back on all the weight I took off plus an extra 5 lbs. I thought I need to get back to the basics of what I learned the first time. To this day I still wonder why I am not doing what I know I should be doing in order to get back to where I what to be a healthier me, lower blood pressure, just over all better blood work results.

I'm really beginning to believe what so many NM Peeps would say, this is a never ending journey, there is no after. We just have to keep picking ourselves up, forgive yourself and tomorrow is a new day.

Now it is time to find my trigger points, what is causing me to eat what I know I don't need or shouldn't eat. Today I found that I ate allot of sweets (empty calories), why? Well for one thing I haven't gotten much sleep the last 2 days due to staying up and being on NM because I didn't want to miss anything. So I'm overly tired.

I still have lots to figure out and I will be here for you to keep encouraging you as we both figure this new chapter of our journey.
    (((HUGS)))
  • arobed53
    Options
    For me, I think I just need to be logging all the time. I do guess better than I used to but don't think I could do that long term.

I took a 4 hour nap today and that was a big help. Then I just took care of several little things the rest of the afternoon. This will be my lowest day on steps since I started using my fitbit - only around 1000. I'm not going to walk tomorrow. That will save some energy but I will still go babysit but instead of having three, I'll have five. They said used to emergency care for set of twins who will be two in March so I'll have 5 under 4 although the oldest will be 4 this coming Sunday. So it should be interesting.

After babysitting, I'll go do my errands in another town and then we hope to go to the oldest grandson's junior high play - Once Upon a Crime (The Trial of Goldilocks). So it will be a full day.
  • sannferris
    Options
    Greasysgal, Oh how I wish you would have joined our little chat group at NM, we would have loved to encourage you and cheer you on. It all started by accident, when Cindy made a journal entry with nothing there and couldn't delete it. Several of us liked that we could chat via comments, like around the water cooler at the office, (or during the cold months...around a nice warm pot bellied stove like in the General Store), especially when we didn't have enough to write a whole journal post entry, just a word or two, here and there. Anyway, we did become a family, a sub-group of the NM Family.

In regards to eating habits and staying the course...it is a lot of work because of all the temptations that seem to creep into our daily living. My problem is that food simply tastes too good. I eat healthy, but eat too much because it's tasty. I have to really work on the portion control aspect of it. Tammy's right, it's a never ending journey, but it can turn into a lovely journey.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    So went to the doctor today to get results for my ultrasounds on each wrist and hand I had last week. The new doctor kept telling me he didn't think I had Rheumy and that it had to be my carpel tunnel. I told him over and over again that I had rheumy and I know that because the pain is much different than carpel tunnel. I cannot open jars anymore which is far worse now than when I had the carpel tunnel. He tells me that all my blood work came back, no high sugars, and my numbers came out zero for rheumatoid arthritis. I told him yes, it always comes back a zero and you find it scans. Sure enough he said yes you do have Rhuemy in your hands and wrists.

Also had seen the Rheumatologist for the possible Temporal Arteritis and she said she won't treat for it because she doesn't think I have it. Whew, ok, that is good news.

Mygnsac, I live in small town america and all good shopping and doctors are minimum 35 miles away. My primary care is 42 miles away so I always try to do double duty when I go to town. Today I was able to get into the eye doctor and have that test taken care of.

Whew! Ok, we have a new start to a new year and I think mine is starting great. :D

Ferris, John was probably very happy to be pampered today. My hubby just came home from a business trip and I am happy to dote on him, lol.