Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Great! Do you see the difference between the treadmill and running outside?
    [/quote]

I do enjoy running outside just haven't been doing it since its been so nasty here in NJ. I've been itching for the better weather for a while now lol. I can't believe I'm saying this but I can wait for the 20 minute run on Sunday!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »

I do enjoy running outside just haven't been doing it since its been so nasty here in NJ. I've been itching for the better weather for a while now lol. I can't believe I'm saying this but I can wait for the 20 minute run on Sunday!

Yes, I remember how scared I was of this long run when I did c25k last year. However, I did it. And thousands of others did it too :) You'll do fine and will enjoy the feeling after! :D
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Graduated today!! Not at the full 3.1 but I'm getting there. Happy running everyone!! Feeling amazing!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Graduated today!! Not at the full 3.1 but I'm getting there. Happy running everyone!! Feeling amazing!
    Woo-hoo! Congratulations!!!
  • nala3177
    Options

Congrats! That's amazing :-)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 today...and could totally have done a couple extra runs
    *feeling smug*
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 7k today. Came in at 45;45 for a time, my goal was 45 mins. If it hadn't been for the ten THOUSAND other people, I would have probably made it. I felt like I was swimming upstream, lol. Still can't believe I did it :)

If you would have told me back last summer that I would even attempt this, I'd have laughed in your face. So happy!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 today...and could totally have done a couple extra runs
    *feeling smug*

W3D1 is also due for me this week. I might do it tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed
  • imfree2bme
    imfree2bme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yesterday i completed w1d3. The first day i ran indoors the second and third outside. Yesterday was hard and i'm feeling it today. Big difference from flat to outside with hills. I did two miles for day 2 and 3. they both wasn't within 30 minutes but i completed it in less than 35 minutes.

I'm contemplating repeating week one as i was huffing and puffing during the runs although half the time i'm running up hill. did you guys repeat weeks? I have two days till my next run, but im going to try and go for walks or something over the next couple days to get use to more movement.

I'm not where i want to be but i want to really do this. Ive never been fast prior to this out of shape time and most my 5ks where around the 40ish minute mark a few years ago. However, this time i really want to do it and do it well.

I did complete week 1 and i ran the full minute every time she said it was hard at times but i did it. So i count this week as a success in the exercise world :) . although my body is feeling it a bit the next day its not a bad feeling but, i feel like i accomplished something feeling.

If you can let me know how your week 1 did and thoughts on repeating weeks. i may feel different on the actually run day, but i'm curious if you guys struggled as well on your first week.

Cheers!
  • nala3177
    Options
    Just did the 20 minute week 5 day 3! Jogging was slow....15:13 pace but I did the whole 20 minutes...had to slow down for giant puddles and my feet are cold and wet but I feel fantastic!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W4D2 done! 10 min/mile pace during running! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »
    Just did the 20 minute week 5 day 3! Jogging was slow....15:13 pace but I did the whole 20 minutes...had to slow down for giant puddles and my feet are cold and wet but I feel fantastic!

Amazing! Congrats!!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    imfree2bme wrote: »
    yesterday i completed w1d3. The first day i ran indoors the second and third outside. Yesterday was hard and i'm feeling it today. Big difference from flat to outside with hills. I did two miles for day 2 and 3. they both wasn't within 30 minutes but i completed it in less than 35 minutes.
    Cheers!

For me there is a lot of difference between the treadmill in the gym and some hills outside, so I hear you :) Many people repeat weeks, which is fine - do what your body tells you to do :)
  • nala3177
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W4D2 done! 10 min/mile pace during running! :)
    Awesome! Way to go!!
  • shotsonme2000
    Options
    Im new to MyFitnessPal. I just started my journey 4 days ago. I retired from the Marine Corps and put on a bit of weight. So now the fight is on to get back to my fighting weight. I hope to develop some friendships and a support net as I pursue my goal of losing 30 lbs.
  • nala3177
    Options
    Im new to MyFitnessPal. I just started my journey 4 days ago. I retired from the Marine Corps and put on a bit of weight. So now the fight is on to get back to my fighting weight. I hope to develop some friendships and a support net as I pursue my goal of losing 30 lbs.

Welcome! And thank you for your service!

I've only recently starting using the boards and find it a huge help in staying motivated.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    Hiya all :) W3D1 done. I managed to do 3 intervals of 90 seconds, 2 of 3 minutes, and at the end another one of just over 90 seconds. It was raining today and I considered not running. But it didn't rain in about a year here, and it was warm so I decided to go nontheless. Do you go running when it rains?
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Maaaannnn, I am slow, but I am doing it! I really can't believe I ran for 25 minutes tonight! Week 7 Day 1 done!
    icyknz10nms0.png
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1st run after graduation did the 30 min run again. It felt much better than the first one. :)
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DONE!!!! I actually completed the program last week, but forgot to post. I am nowhere near the 10 minute mile the app tells me I should be at, but I can run a full 5k and that is all I wanted! Next step....10k! Last night I even ran 3.25 miles on the treadmill (the treadmill kills me; it is so much easier to run outside for me). I seriously love the c25k app!