Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    PATSY, just love your wonder dogs. The little puppy who will be living with Mike next Friday is so wee she's about the size of Mazzy's ear! She was born on a horse farm. 9 boarded horses, 7 thoroughbreds. The owner is a horse whisperer or a person who calms down large animals before treatment at the vet dept of the local university. Very interesting day out to see MAYBE, not confirmed, "Cinders", the countryside slowly waking up and waiting for the real spring to arrive, and we ate out before heading to the pet store where I bought a lovely cuddly donkey for my new grand puppy! Thought it might help as she's an "only one puppy" and she'll miss her mom at first.
    It's Monday, busy day as always.
    Have a lovely day all you SNEAKERS, ANNE.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I've had a busy few hours but am now home to get on with housework... blah!!

Bob ~Your collage is wonderful with so many smiling faces. In my eyes any Down Syndrome person is one of God's angels so thanks for sharing. As ever your breakfast is a veritable work of art and so appetizing. I did laugh about your sweat pant comment and as you say, a great way to have the gym to yourself! The link to the start of the procession of Richard III remains was very interesting as I missed that bit and well done for finding the Golitha site, it certainly is a magical place.

Anne ~ When you mentioned in your story about meeting your father in a wooded area on a path lined with Beech trees I did think it an amazing coincident. Just as well you didn't take his hand otherwise you'd be wandering through the bluebells with King Doniert! There was a battle between Leicester and York Minster over where Richard should be reburied that went to the High Court last year and after quite some deliberation they decided he could remain in Leicester. I'm no royalist but agree it doesn't seem right but you'll be pleased to see from this video that many House of York supporters were amongst the crowds to throw white roses on to the coffin and path he followed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl9cothEWE4

Puppy Cinders sounds delightful and I can't wait to see some photos.

Phoebe ~ George was terrified of water when I first took him out for walks as well as leaves on the ground which made me think he didn't get out before but once introduced he loves to splash about and also kick leaves at every opportunity!

Sandy ~ Remember what I've said before, you're the one with the accent! LOL Snow for goodness sake, that must have been a surprise and I don't blame you for heading back to bed.... I'd do the same!

Patsy ~ Mazzy and MoMo are gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Housework beckons so must get on. Pleased to see you all enjoyed the walk through Golitha as much as I do most mornings!

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Jackie - the white roses are very visible, thank you so much! I'm like you in inclinations, but that doesn't change the fact that Richard WAS the house of York. How odd that Leicester won! I know what you meant about taking dads hand in the wood! At my age - somewhat nervous I must say. It will be quite some time before I'll try deep meditation again, much as I love him and I long to see him again. Lol at your tiptoeing through the bluebells with poor old Doniert! Also lol at the accent comment. Having never lost mine, I do think folks tend to talk a little differently over here!
    - Thank you again, you and BOB are wonderful for info. God bless, ANNE.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Some of you may have seen this video - but just in case you hadn't - here is the link:

"Do healthy, ripped bodies only belong to the young? Not if you're Ernestine Shepherd. At 77, she's the world's oldest female bodybuilder and in our original documentary short, we follow a day in her life."

http://youtu.be/na6yl8yIZUI

On another note the local meteorologist just reported:

“Near RECORD cold temperatures are on tap for the next 24 hours. Our temperatures would be below normal for JANUARY much less mid to late March!”

That is why my lunch was:

SOUP for a "snowy" Spring day... (Calories 209): Celery 1 cup chopped; Chicken Breast W/O Skin, 3.25 oz; Libby's - Diced Carrots Cups, 1; Libby's - Sweet Peas 4oz Cup (1); Vegetable Culinary Stock, 1 cup;

I refuse to break out the hot chocolate…LOL Bob
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good Monday! What interesting postings today! You started my day with sharing a bit of history. I confess that I am totally ignorant when it comes to historical events and issues. I was indeed fascinated by the video of the reburial procession of King Richard. The white/red rose tradition was amazing as well. I will be doing some reading on this subject. Thank you for sharing!

I got off to a slow start today. Hope to get going for a productive day. I came to a an interesting conclusion yesterday. I have been cripping around on this bad knee for weeks. Last night I forced myself onto my recumbent bike and had a very uncomfortable short ride. Good grief! It feels so much better now. I really do not like riding this bike but I do not like the pain and lack of mobility more. So the message/lesson was loud and clear...ride, ride, ride, baby ride!

I would share a photo of my breakfast but the whole arrangement would be pretty unattractive. I do drink an ocean of coffee from a cute mug. Mornings are not my best time... I am an afternoon person. Remember, I really can't do without you all! Patsy xxxxxox
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options

#
  • oystereyes
    Options
    dapwjxui122q.jpg
  • oystereyes
    Options
    New painting, but needs cropping. Putting together a marine series...go figure! I live on the north oregon coast. Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,096 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! I got up early for Robby, had a nap, did laundry and rode my bike. Robby is gone but Bryanna is here sleeping in my bed. She sounds and feels terrible so she came here to take a nap. I just don't want to get her cold so I hope she gets well soon.

Patsy, your painting is beautiful, no wonder you have showings. I love your Old English Sheepdogs, especially since they are my favorite breed. Fell in love with them when Please Don't Eat the Daisies was on Television. I think that is why I was attracted to Babe, he had two when I met him and we have had three together along with a rescue in between. Mazzy resembles Daisy.
    t4uaat2b98us.jpg
    Connie, marking your spot I see. I hope your son is doing well after surgery.
    Bob, I will check out your video later, just trying to catch up for now.
    Jackie, I have to admit I do not know much about history but you are teaching all of us things we might have not known, well I should say me.
    Barbie, believe me I do not want to give any money back, I am planning some trips this summer and need it for airfares.
    Anne, congrats on the new grandpuppy, I am sure he will be spoiled.
    Phoebe, I actually am feeling much better, but if necessary I will make a doctor's appointment. I don't like taking chances with my health.
    Marie, hope all is well.

Although it is late in the day, I hope you had a good one.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean245
    Options
    PATSY, how beautiful! I love your colours! No wonder you show. I'm very impressed. ANNE.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    On my way to bed but stopped off to watch BOB's video about Ernestine Shepherd and wow, what an inspiration. Now I know there's no real reason for me not to get a ;lot fitter than I am rather than just be happy with my weight loss, not that I'd ever want to be a body builder but at least do my gardening without ouch's and aarh's every time I bend and stretch!

That's a wonderful painting PATSY and like Anne, love your choice of colours. It's a good job I'm viewing on my laptop so I can turn it over rather than stand on my head! LOL We've had a tv amateur artists competition running for a few weeks and I'd say you'd win hands down if you'd had a chance to enter! I'm going to copy and paste your comment about riding your bike and send it to the friend who stayed with me recently because her knees bother her and she's just purchased an exercise bike in the hopes it will help.

Sandy ~ History was a big part of our education to give us a sense of who we Brits are since like the song, there's been such a big melting pot through the centuries and I found it far more enthralling than any fictional novel so that's the only reason I know what I know. You probably know more about the Boston tea party than I do though! LOL That's a gorgeous photo of Daisy.

Anne ~ I think the High Court decided there wasn't a law that covered the issue and they therefore didn't have grounds to interfere so because Richard was buried after his death in the original Leicester Cathedral which was later destroyed for redevelopment, it was felt as a matter of dignity he remain there. The next time you pop over to the UK you'll have to go visit him!

Nearly midnight so off to my bed!

Jackie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Pasty lovely painting. You are a great painter. Are you self taunt?I always wantedto paint Idid A LITTLR BIT ON PAINTED ON T SHIRT BUT MOSSTLY STUCK TO FLOWERS. WHEN I had a craft booth But those days are gone forever.
    Jackie I so enjoy readng your post
    Marie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Patsy - very nice.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    JACKIE, just a quick word on your historical comment, I'm so glad our history was such a huge part of our education and like you I find it so much better than any fiction. When we first came over here, my youngest, Mark, was 8 years old, and he was up to Roman Britain at school. He loved history and all the projects and little tours he did in the UK. He had his first history lesson in his Quebec school and it was about Cartier. (1500's) He came home quite bewildered and said Mom if the Romans landed in Britain in 55 BC what happened during the next 600 years? All that lovely history gone forever, if I hadn't filled him in. Like you though I have to admit I know little about the Boston tea party. LOL.
    Anne.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    P.S. I think the easiest complete book I ever read was "A History of the English Speaking Peoples" by Sir Winston Churchill". It takes you from early Britain to the 1930's I believe and includes, near the end of course, the Americas, India, etc. it's quite a read as I recall, but very interesting if you like that sort of thing.
    ANNE.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Me again. Wonderful woman Ernestine! BOB. I've always considered age just another number. It's up to us to keep the old machine maintained, and barring accidents or pure bad luck from disease we should be able to keep everything working until the end. I'm trying anyway!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,096 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :D Robby is playing in his jumpy so not sure how long that will last.
    The sun is shining and looks beautiful but the snow is still on the balcony and the temperature is only in the 20's. I am planning on booking my Florida trip today, I want something to look forward in May. I am back on schedule with my bike riding, now to get rid of those last pesty pounds.

Anne, you really miss England and all of it history, have you considered going back? Do you think your kids would adjust to that kind of change as they did before? Just curious.

Just wanted to check in, I will try to get back later.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean245
    Options
    SANDY. People were very surprised when I agreed to emigrate for that very reason. I got stranded here because my boys education came first plus lack of cash at that time. The "boys" are now in their fifties and have good jobs and are very happy in their lives here. I almost went back in the 1990's. My cousin had just died and her husband wanted me to go back as a sort of housekeeper. He was rattling around a large house on his own and knew I would have liked to return. After much soul searching I realized I just couldn't walk away from the boys and their families. All the family of my generation are now dead I'm afraid, so there's nothing to go back for. And to be honest, I have a lovely life here, I have grown to love Canada, and I guess I have the best of both worlds. Lovely memories, brought more vividly to life by our special JACKIE, and yet I'm quite content here in my little old house. Besides, there are special people everywhere as you SNEAKERS are proving.
    God bless, ANNE.
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Off and on day here. The sun comes and goes, as does the rain. I am on my own for lunch today. My husband is off lunching with another retired teacher. They solve all of the worlds problems in their 2 hour lunch dates. Oh my!

Sandy: your photo of Daisy looks so much like our Mazzy when she was a youngster. Thanks for sharing.

Anne: that's what true happiness is...content with where and what you have. That is something I try for daily.

I think Canada is so beautiful and we have enjoyed our trips with our family to various locations there. Jeri, hope you are well. Is your weather still wintery? We are having spring break right now in oregon, the beaches are cold and rainy. The kids are flocking to the mountains...new snow on the slopes!
    Keep sunshine in your heart,
    Patsy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well I started posting here last night and lost two posts due to hitting the return button which is right next to the space bar. After some blue yelling I gave up. Now I started another one and same thing again. So I am down at the lap top now and will try again.
    I can say that is most frustrating part of this tablet. :s

It is 33F here sunny no snow and it is still try to melt. Lots of piles left and they are going slowly.

I too have been in Canada going on 41 years now and would not move back to the States.
    Home is where the heart is now. <3 I still have some of American girl in my heart. :)
    There are still a lot of provinces I have not been too but I have done my share of travelling since I have been here.

Lin - I saw the video and know about Poor Richard's history and I found it interesting how so many people still come for the parade. The one guy with armor and horse was having a little trouble getting his horse to go straight. ;)

Bob - Ernestine was a real inspiration to me and how wonderful she looks at her age. I love the idea her husband joins her for their run in the morning. That sure keeps me going to be fit and healthy at any age.

Jackie - Bikes are low impact when it comes to knees and most doctors start people on them after knee surgery. Good luck to your friend.

A slow start for me finishing up laundry and washing sheets after our company this weekend. Choir practice tonight.

Time is getting close for baby grandson to be born. April 6th

Enjoy your evening.

Shirley