• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Happy trails Barb and Cindy!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies ~
    I have arrived safely in Oklahoma...completely exhausted! I have class at 7AM-4pm (local time) Will check in tomorrow evening after class...
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    barlovo wrote: »
    Just a quick hello from the airport as I am heading off for trip #3 - packed myself a healthy lunch for the flight. Thinking of you all and grateful for the encouragement and support!

Safe travels.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Cindy - Hope your learning some good stuff. Have a great week.
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have a safe trip, Barb and Cindy.

I'll try to log in tomorrow before my surgery. Gotta keep my streak alive!!!
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cindy, what kind of classes are you at? - Seems like everyone travels around here a lot.. I need a new job, where I can travel.. lol
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I hope you get safety through your surgery Jen. Take care of yourself and take it easy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi friends it's me, from on the road. I am really in the struggle, travelling has been stressful and I all have been giving myself all kinds of excuses to "indulge"

Sometimes it's good to be flexible but this is feeling more like binging than indulgence

So I just want to come clean about what s going on and reach out for support. It is time to go back to counting days about no-sugar and I will start with day 1 tomorrow.

I am so glad to have found this community of support to turn to. I feel so ashamed of my struggles with food and I wish o could eat like "normal" people. But I have never been able to control my urges for sweets and eating a little just makes me want more. So I hope this is a new start.

If there is one thing I have learned these pAst few years it is that building heathy habits is a marathon not a sprint. Every once in a while I fall down or get side tracked but the important thing is to keep getting backup. For me this has never been as much about weight loss (although that is nice when it happens) but about eating food that promotes health rather than food that hurts my body. There is nothing about sugary foods that is good for me.

Thanks all! Good night from Chicago
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Barb - I think we have all used food as a comfort. That you are able to identify that you are indulging and that you are letting yourself slide is awesome, you are not mindlessly indulging. Being aware is a big part of the battle. Do not let shame get to you. There should be no shame that we are weak, we are human. Being like "normal" people? There is no such thing as a normal person. Everyone has their vices and follies, often we cannot see what another persons might be. I have always told my kids that the popular kids at school have the same feelings and fears as they do, maybe worse even though you can't see them. You write building healthy habits is a marathon not a sprint. Every once in a while I fall down or get side tracked but the important thing is to keep getting backup. You know the answers and you have the tools, you just need the positive mind set.

You can do this. You are just tired and lonely missing your wife and home. I don't know if it would help, but one of the things Mark does when he is on the road is plans out projects, woodworking (his hobby), home improvement projects, he makes lists and notes. It keeps his mind occupied and it connects him with us, even when he is so far away. When I traveled, I took my crochet with me, it kept my hands busy, it was relaxing, and a ball of yarn and a hook didn't take up much space in a suitcase.

It is also worth repeating my favorite Barb quote that I have made my mantra, Persistence not perfection. Most importantly be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. Know You are in my thoughts and I am sending you positive thoughts and energy. <3 (((hugs)))
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see you pop in Barbs. As you know we are here to support, motivate and share our stories of our journeys, with the good, the bad and the ugly days.

You know what works for you and what doesn't and you also know that you can do it, which is a tremendous plus, because you know what it also feels like to do without. I'm not sure which of the little tricks you use when you are trying not to indulge but here are a few as a reminder:

1) Eat peppermint gum after your meal
    2) Never take seconds
    3) Exchange the dessert for a cheese platter - then the sweet craving isn't triggered (I can't remember if you can eat dairy?) Watch the fat though.
    4) Eat more proteins, you feel full for longer and it's a good nutrient to have for building muscles.

When are you back home? Sending tons of courage to you my friend.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Jen - I hope you are doing o.k. <3
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello my Lovely LOST Ladies...
    I have been studying like crazy...not much time for much else yet. I am learning infrared thermography! I think it's probably like trying to learn biochemical Greek lol! My brain is fried and food choices have not been as good as I had hoped. I am having a good size salad at each lunch and dinner!
    Barb~ my heart is with you my friend...I agree...you need to be kind to yourself ((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Jen~ my thoughts and prayers are still with you!

I really need to get some sleep but am thinking of you all this week!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS NIGHT MY FRIENDS XOXOXO
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Wow Cindy I looked infrared thermography up and didn't understand a lot of the definition. Hopefully you will be able to get a few more food choices. Take care of yourself. <3
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Jen I hope you are not feeling too woozy from the anesthesia and that you are resting nicely.

Cindy that does sound quite hectic. What is it used for?

Liz how is the renovating coming along?

MD is it hump day yet where you are?

Enjoy the rest of the week ladies. :D
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Alice it is coming slowly but surely. The house has locking door knobs that if not turned properly, automatically lock. I have warned the girls daily that they need to make sure they are unlocked. Yesterday afternoon I took a break and sat on the patio. I heard a small packet of M&Ms calling my name from the kitchen. I got up to retrieve them and yes, I had locked myself out. I had my water bottle and phone so I texted Golden to walk over when she got off of school and let me in. Thankfully it was a nice day, so I just sat in my wicker rocker on the patio and soaked up the sun. I enjoyed my time off and bonus, I have the M&Ms for another day. B)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    The house has locking door knobs that if not turned properly, automatically lock. Yesterday afternoon I took a break and sat on the patio. I heard a small packet of M&Ms calling my name from the kitchen. I got up to retrieve them and yes, I had locked myself out. I had my water bottle and phone so I texted Golden to walk over when she got off of school and let me in. Thankfully it was a nice day, so I just sat in my wicker rocker on the patio and soaked up the sun. I enjoyed my time off and bonus, I have the M&Ms for another day. B)

Saved from the M&Ms by the lock!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Barb and Cindy - Stay strong on the road.

Jen - Hoping/Praying your recovery is going well.

Alice - It's always a little weird to realize your seasons are the opposite of ours. We are just getting comfortably into the warm springtime. B)

Wishing everyone a wonderful/successful rest of the week. <3
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies ~
    It is still hectic for me...although I did steal a few min this afternoon to go out and walk the walking trail here...I did about 2miles before heading back in and hitting the books again.
    The infrared thermology will help me diagnose electrical problems within our machines and computer systems without having to be too close to the power (or high voltage)... Keeps us safer and helps predict issues before they hit critical...
    I just had to share with you...the instructor actually took some of my images that I took in our lab today and loaded them into his computer to use in future training classes...I was so proud of myself!! I work in a predominantly male field and get intimidated often....I actually went through a harassment case last year...that's how I ended up on nights. There are a lot of men in my plant, still living in a different century/millennium! I won my EEO case but still get a lot of crap!

Barb~ I hope your trip is going well!

Liz~ good for you snagging a little r&r lol! Those locks will take some getting used to....

Aalice~ I am trying to keep up with BL but haven't had time to post...can you send my thoughts to the Taz please?

Julia~ I'm sure trying lol! Haven't had much time for workouts and it's been storming here for 4 days...supposed to get more sun tomorrow finally!

Karen~ I hope your popping in! How are you?

Jen~ I hope all went well for you! I've been sending prayers your way!

Gotta run! Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends! Xoxoxo
  • barlovo
    Options
    Hi everyone just a quick hello and Thx for the support. 2 days sugar free! Lots of temptations today but I walked the other way.

Sending all of you thanks for the encouragement and understanding and Great suggestions!!!!!
  • barlovo
    Options
    Good morning all! Finally a day at home. My next trip starts Tuesday. Lots of work to do over the next five days, but I am also looking forward to catching up on exercise and eating healthy home cooked meals!