Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    barlovo wrote: »
    Good morning all! Finally a day at home. My next trip starts Tuesday. Lots of work to do over the next five days, but I am also looking forward to catching up on exercise and eating healthy home cooked meals!

Welcome home. :)
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good morning Barb! I'm glad you made it home safe. Enjoy the rhythms of home.

Good morning Marcella and everyone else here, I hope everyone has an awesome day!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone. We are off to a friend's son's wedding this weekend and I'm leaving the laptop at home. I think it's good every now and then to unplug a little. It's also helpful that our young adult sons still live at home. So I don't even have to worry about the cats getting fed and loved on. Our oldest son will graduate from college soon. The younger one is working hard to build his own business. Both sons have been well trained by our cats to take care of whatever the little felines want.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Gosh we are a busy, travelling lot :smiley:
    Just popping in quickly to say I'm away on a yoga retreat for the weekend. I'll also be away from the computers. I'll just checkin with my phone so that I don't lose my streak - if I have a signal that is :D

Enjoy your weekend me lovely ladies. Cindy I will let Taz Team know we are both away.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I saw this quote posted on a friends wall this morning "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~ Winston Churchill.

This weekend I will be finishing up on the construction end of our kitchen (now including the front entry & bedroom hallway) remodeling. I am hoping to be painting by Sunday and finished by Wednesday. Then we can move in yay!

Cindy, Alice, Marcella - Be safe in your travels.

Barb - Enjoy your time home and try to rest up a little bit.

Jen and Karen - I hope you are feeling better.

QT, Noodle, Ms. S, NE, EM - Hi!

I am sending happy thoughts to all of you. Everyone have a great weekend!

• barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote posted on a friends wall this morning "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~ Winston Churchill.

Thanks so much for posting this. Exactly what I need to hear today!

3 days sugar free. My eating yesterday was pretty erratic but I am glad to be showing up here to check in.

Wishing safe and happy travels to all of you who are hitting the road this weekend -

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Lady Friends ~
    I am officially done with with my class. I passed...with an 88. Not as good of a grade as I would have liked...but good enough I guess! Tomorrow is a loooong day of traveling...I leave the hotel at 10AM on the shuttle...I arrive back home at 938pm...then it's another hour til I get home. I have a 3 1/2 hr lay over so I will try to pop in...I'm going to decompress for now!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS WEEKEND ....sweet dreams all xoxoxo
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Got a great workout in today, after being sick for a.day and a half. Ran 15 minutes today, getting there.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to celebrating my anniversary Monday.

Safe travels for those of you traveling and the rest of us enjoy your weekend!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I made it through surgery!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It cut off my post. So here's the rest.
    I had laparoscopic robotic surgery. Just 5 holes that are "glued" shut. A lot of bruising around them though. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! I've been home 4 days now. Lots of sleeping/resting. I try to do "circuits" around the house, when I can, to avoid blood clots and stay active. Pain meds helping to keep me comfortable. Looking forward to getting back into my life over the next few weeks. Take care of you, my friends! :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My lovely LOST Ladies~
    I have miss you all! Wow that class was harder than expected so I did not get on here nearly as much as I would have liked!!!

Em~ Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a super amazing day!!!

Jen ~So glad all went well...still sending healing prayers your way my friend!Don't over do too much too fast! Pop in whenever you are feeling up to it!

Liz~ I hope all your renovations are working out and in a timely manner! I did manage to do a little of that soul searching. I think my biggest problem is my own guilt...I have such a hard time being OK with taking anything...time or attention for myself. But I am truly working on getting past that!!!

Barb~ I hope your travels are going better than mine did! I did eat a large salad at every lunch and dinner but I KNOW they LOADED every other food they had with a boat load of sodium...I feel like a balloon! And my water intake was very little compared to what I usually drink because I REFUSED to pay $3-4 a bottle!!! I tried the tap water but it was NASTY! So I will step on the scale tomorrow and start damage control! Miss you!

aalice~ I hope your yoga week end is relaxing!!!

All My other Lovelies...Julia, Karen, Megan, I miss you all!!!! Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening! I'm so happy to be back with you all!!!! XOXOXO
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Cindy - I am glad you got back safe and sound. Yes, it is time for things for us with no guilt. We have given long and faithful service and it is time <3

Jen - I am so glad you are recovering. Take time to heal up. <3

The girls rooms, hallway, living room, entryway, and kitchen are completed. The woodwork in my office is painted white. I was going to keep the top of the walls tan but Mark told me to pick out a gallon of paint I liked for Mother's Day. I decided to go bold and picked tangerine. We will start the major moving Thursday. :)

I hope everyone has an awesome week! B)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Cindy - (So I will step on the scale tomorrow and start damage control! )- I'm doing a bit of damage control today as well from my trip this past weekend. :o

Jen - Mind the doctor and get your rest.

Liz - Maybe you could help me finish some of my home projects now. Best wishes for an easy move.

Have an amazing week, everyone! <3
    Marcella
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Just leaving this here....

Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!

Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
    Because I'm happy
    Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Gosh! I have sooooooo much energy right now but I have to go to sleep. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Have a fantastic week :D
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Alice - Is this energy a result of your yoga weekend? I wish you could bottle it and send some my way. I hope you have sweet dreams and an awesome tomorrow! :)
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Yes I think it is. I feel like I'm on fire. They taught us yoga moves to give us energy and to lift depressive states. They also taught us calming ones. All it takes is 15 to 30 minutes :smile:
    And I got some awesome news but now I have to run :smiley:
    Btw Liz! You are an amazing woman!!!
    And so are you too Cindy!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    You are a tease Alice, awesome news and got to run- Don't keep us in suspense. Your NSV's are great, it looks like it is time to go nicker whole wardrobe shopping.

Marcella - How is your garden coming along? Do you have any ideas about naughty Mr. Bunny, he is now noshing on the hosta. I do have to say though, he is a charming little devil.

Cindy - I hope you are rested up from being on the road.

Barb - I am thinking about you and sending positive energy your way.

Jen - I hope you are feeling stronger.

Everyone, have an awesome day!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello My Lovely LOST Ladies~
    I am unfortunately NOT well rested at all! Going nights to days and back to nights is kicking my butt!!!

Julia~***Here's to a controlling week! I hope you at least got to enjoy your weekend and the damage control is a well deserved worth it consequence! Mine...was NOT! Food was not enjoyable and chuck FULL of sodium! PTHHHH :p

aalice~ If you my dear, indeed figure out how to bottle your beautiful, happy energy...please reserve a bottle for me!!! I want to be just like you! :)<3 Maybe you could do a demo video of your new Yoga moves for us!

Liz~ I hope you are right on track with your MOVE! Those bunnies ARE indeed little cuties even when they are being naughty and eating your plants!

I hope all our missing Ladies are well...miss you!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!!!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Gosh! There is so much catching up to do.

Jen I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went well. Like Cindy says, take your time in getting back on your feet. You've got more than enough time to return to being the super dupa, mother, daughter, wife, nurse, cook, psychologist and all the other things that you are so take a couple of weeks just gently nurturing yourself. The healing will go faster and make you more resilient.

Marcell the best thing Bout hVing opposing seasons is that we are cooling off in your hot summers but also have the most beautiful blue skies because the air is so pure and cloudless :D

Liz you got so much done in such a short space of time. You are incredible. When I finally find my new home, you can come do the interior designing for me. I'll send you a ticket :p

EM I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that you are feeling much better?

Cindy so sorry your food experience on your trip to Oklahoma was so crappy. You guys in the states are so much worse off than we are. Often we have the choice of Kosha, Halaal (what I used to choose before gluten-free) and diabetic meals when we fly and go to any training event that is worth the money. Then the meals themselves offer very healthy choices so it's not as bad as it is for you and Barbs. In the events provided for by government companies the food choice is still nasty. Anyway, that is behind you now, with a fantastic certification to boot... So now you can refocus, once you get back into your sleep routine.

Jeez Cindy, if you can pass with flying colours with all of the disruptions, no sleep and it being harder than you thought it was - winning the battle of the extra weight baggage will be a breeze (kidding!) I know how difficult and frustrating it is but the biggest part of the battle is the mind! Losing all the negative clutter and baggage does help in the battle. Also finding the right recipe or combination of exercise, diet and nutritional balance is important. Which brings me to yoga.

Right now I feel like an energy bunny! Flipping heck! The few postures I learned to give me energy is working a if I lit a fire inside of me. I don't know if this will continue for as long as I do yoga or if it is just a combination of the food, the fantastic kahuna detox massage and the yoga but I have not felt this energized for at least 4 years. The downside is that I am burning away muscle though so i have to get enough food inside of me to be able to do strength training whilst continuing with the cardio and yoga.

Liz you Re so right about the wardrobe and me knickers. Even the new ones are falling off me cos my bum disappeared in two weeks but the scales won't give the weight up!! A black person without a bum... Now that ain't right! ;)

Barbs, I can't wait to hear more of your news about your road trip and the challenges and victories.

Noodle and MD you are both sooooo quiet as you go about doing what you need to do drop the weight. Have you both got new wardrobes too? I hope you get time to pop to share a little of your journey with us too.

Off to do my yoga now and no Liz, I'm not sharing on a video of me doing it lol! I'm about as graceful as a hippo trying to do elongated stretches! Only Disney can make that look elegant!! Lol!

Have a fab hump day my dearest friends B)
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

The girls and I finished painting and cleaning up last night. All that needs to be done is some trim work that Mark can do when he comes back from Canada. So now the girls and I will start moving. In a perfect world, I would like to be done Sunday. We are suppose to get three days of rain so that will slow us down a bit. I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I can' wait to be settled and start my garden.

Alice - Maybe you can find the poses on youtube and post a link. I am very interested in seeing what you are doing and try it out. I would love to come to SA and decorate your house. I would really like to come in winter and see your beautiful sky. In the summer in Colorado where I grew up the sky would be an amazing color and depth of blue. Even as a kid it would take my breath away, I miss it.

I hope everyone has an awesome hump day. We are now closer to the weekend. Does anyone have something special planed or just a relaxing weekend to catch up and take a breath? I am sending happy thoughts and energy to all of you. Have a great day!!!