Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .....one death is hard but 2 holy cow I am a basketcase .....I can't get my self together ...my poor daughter doesn't understand what is wrong with her mom ...but she sure gives me the most awesome hugs and tells me to not be sad ...she is awesome even if she is 9
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Alice: good luck on the home purchase & the new chapter in your career!
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! Hope you are getting some much needed sleep these days. Kyli looks incredible in her Prom dress, such beautiful eyes and you all are a good looking family. Her wrist corsage is beautiful. Did she get her bumper fixed on her car? Congrats on passing your Thermal Class Woo Hoo.

Update on me; I've been taking Aloe Juice and feeling a little bit better; seems it helps with inflammation.

Liz; That's hilarious about being locked out and you couldn't get your M&M's, something that would happen to me just when I'm getting ready for a binge LOL, that was too funny. I hope you didn't have to wait long to be rescued.
    Congrats on getting a lawn mower, sounds like some great workouts coming your way. The painting and remodeling is also more great exercise. I'm exhausted just thinking about all you have to do.

Ms; So sorry to hear about your friend, Wow what a shocker and incredibly painful to have to go through. You are in my thoughts and prayers, gentle Hugs. Be kind to yourself. I know with grief sometimes we stop taking care of ourselves. Drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. So sad :(

Mdwest; Congrats on being binge free! Woo Hoo, that's a great thing to read. I struggle with binging but have been much better since I've been on here with everyone's support.

Alice; How is your ankle feeling. I hope you are on the mend. Damaged tendon, ouch! Are you able to exercise like you want to yet? I was cracking up at the Happy song post you made. I love seeing people in a great mood, made me smile. I hope you hear about your new home soon. Thanks for the bipolar link for my GF Stacy, she looked it up and is checking it out.

Marcella; What an adorable kitty cup, thanks for sharing that pic. We just discovered a Mama Kitty in our neighborhood had 4 kittens. They live in the open attic area on the roof. I hope the Apartment Manager doesn't discover them and have them taken to a kill shelter. They are so cute.

Hello to Barb, you are always busy and travelling. Hoping things are going well for you and you are on the losing path.

Hi to jhaugen

Welcome; Pooh and Em :) I haven't been on here much due to chronic pain so I missed when you first came in.

Noodle; I've been eating a lot of salads this month and I love Taco Salad or any Mexican food. I've never heard of the Snicker Salad but it sounds incredibly delicious and dangerous. lol

• Femmigirlz
    Options
    My girlfriends car that was parked on the street was totaled at 3am by a drink driver today. He also hit 7 other parked cars. The police came and arrested him. I really don't care what I eat today. We have been struggling with health issues, she didn't win her disability case which makes her more depressed and her bipolar is worse. She has no income and now this. I'm just over having to deal with all this right now. Ughh.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    ((((Hugs)))) Karen
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks Liz. I meant drunk driver. Can't type when I'm upset. We are having to deal with too much lately. It's wearing us down. Just trying to cope today. She's sleeping so she doesn't have to feel. I don't blame her. Sad thing is her Mom gave her the car before she passed away so it's sentimental as well.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to your girlfriend's car, thank goodness no one was hurt.
    Happy Monday to everyone.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick hello to say I'm back from my business travels. The trip to Taiwan was amazing and exhausting. By far the easiest place I have traveled in terms of healthy eating, including most of the US.

Other than a couple of overnight trips in the next few weeks, I'm home for a while and glad to be back.

My goal for this week is to just get back into routine. I started logging my food again today, and am headed out to the gym in a few minutes. My body is sore and tired from all the travel, and it's time to be kind to it again.

I have only had time to glance at the last few posts, but I can see that it has been a hard couple of weeks for many of you. Sending lots of hugs and love to those who are grieving and hurting. I wish life was being kinder to everyone in this group! We have been going through a lot, I'm glad we have each other for support. I look forward to having time soon to read up and catch up on what has been happening with everyone.

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Yay!!! We are finally settled. Thank you all for your good wishes and encouragement. You all kept me going when I wanted to give up. Thank you all!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Liz congrats on settling into your new home!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Awesome Liz. You've done a fantastic job in record time. You're amazing!

Karen, I'm so sorry about your girlfriends car. That really is a bummer. Do you both have external psychological support? It's not always easy to support each when there is so much going on.

Noodle thanks for the well wishes. Have an awesome week yourself.

Barbs I can imagine how happy you are to be back home again.

Cindy I hope you are getting a bit more sleep.

Julia, how doth your garden grow?

MD how are you my dear? You've gone very quiet!

EM you are also very quiet. Would love to hear from you.

MS And Jen. Sending more hugs and healing prayers to you both. Hang in there.

Me? I'm laid up and working from home cos my ankle/foot said it wants complete rest. So now I have the chance to work only on upper body and weak arms. That strength training I was talking about can no longer be postponed! I also get chest workouts too - dang that hurts - who knows my boobs might even start pointing south again after this lol!! But my left lower leg is looking pretty poorly or maybe very slim is a better choice of words.

Anyhow enough distractions and back to work now.

Big hugs to all of you lovely ladies.
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear most are doing well and well wishes for the others.. tough times it seams..
    So here is my tale (my vent)... I have been working out at the gym for over a year and at the start I lost 12lbs ... then I hit a plateau a while ago, and since I gained a few back. So I started weight watchers and for a few months and nothing changed and that was very expensive. Then I switched over to MFP and started counting calories back at the beginning of April at that point I was eating the calories that I was earning... on May 5th I stopped eating what I burn and dropped to 1100 calories a day. I am still not losing weight. What the F... is wrong (sorry about the F word)... I don't get this.. I am really frustrated and I just don't get it....
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    EM - All that work and no results. How frustrating. What is your age and height? Do you use a kitchen scale to weigh your food? Weighing my food has made a real difference to me. I know some of the other ladies have hit major plateaus, hopefully they will have some suggestions. Please eat at least 1200 calories daily for your health. Hang in there, I am sending positive thoughts your way. (((Hugs)))
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    Thanks mystic... I am 48 and 5'4"... yes i weigh my food as well... I will continue to do the right thing, as I am sure or keep telling myself that it will eventually catch up...HA ...
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to my BEAUTIFUL LOST Ladies~
    Sorry I have been MIA...I caught a flu bug...probably because I let myself get worn down! Feeling weak and tired still but the fever has broken! I am thinking of you ALL daily!

Liz~ Congrats on the completed settling! I hope you are truly happy in your new home!!!! I hope you are enjoying your new garden!

Em~ I COMPLWTELY understand the frustration on the scale! I get the same way...but do you have NSVs that balance out the lifestyle you are living? IE...more energy, feeling better, more active, inches lost? I try to keep in mind those things FAR OUTWEIGH the numbers on the scale.

aalice~ I'm so glad you are listening to your ankle/foot! You blow me away with your AMAZING dedication/commitment! KUDOS and HUGS to you my friend!!! (I am so proud to call you my friend!!!)

Karen~ So sorry about Stacey's car! But very glad you were not hurt! THINGS can always be replaced...you are invaluable/irreplaceable!!!! ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Barb~ Glad you enjoyed your trip! I hope you are getting well rested and are having a chance to enjoy some down time!

Noodle, MdwstQT, Megan, Julia, Jen...((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) to all of you as well! Miss you !!!!!
    Have a FABU_LOSS day my friends!!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    EM Cindy is right about the NSV's. Without them I would have given up right at the beginning. I lose weight at a snails pace. I've only lost 9kg since I started in December and spend most if the time on plateaux.

Here are a few other things to consider, which you may or may not have tried.

1) reduce your salt intake
    2) try to reduce the amount of processed foods in general, they have loads of added salt and hidden sugars
    3) eat probiotic yoghurts - they are good for millions of reasons and if you are lactose intolerant, they usually are fine anyway. Test with a couple of spoonfuls first
    4) drink lots and lots and lots of water
    5) drink green tea, they make them with mint, jasmine, ginger etc
    6) look up specific yoga moves to increase metabolism
    7) change your eating habits around I.e. Eat 3 balanced calorie amounts, or every 2 hours, or heavy breakfast, heavy lunch, light dinner
    8) change your exercise routines, go for low impact, low calorie burn during longer workouts
    9) sleep... Try to get your 8 hours a day so that your body can repair itself
    10) make sure you get at least two rest days in your body needs time to repair
    11) reduce the number of hours exercise to 3 per And then to top it off, I crashed and fell asleep before getting all my water in.
    if you are on such a low calorie intake
    12) make sure you get 1200 calories per day if you are not sedentary, your body won't let go of the weight if you are burning muscle and not fat

I hope one or two of those things might help you. I will copy paste this to the tips n tricks section

Cindy I used to be an extremely energetic person, who was always on the go and never sat down. I used to party every single night and sleep less than 5 hours. I would dance 8 hours a night, 4 days a week, whilst boozing and smoking I don't know how many cigarettes a day. I only stopped that life 10 years ago and only gave up drinking and smoking 3 years ago. When menopause hit, it's like someone poured concrete in my body and I couldn't move any more, i lost all stamina, and started getting allergies to everything and my weight started increasing. It triggered one of my longest episodes of major depression and my bipolar symptoms.

The moment I started MFP and got moving again, my body remembers the exercise bit, but doesn't realize that I stuffed up what I can actually eat, so my metabolism is still not working properly. I've burnt mainly muscle as I try to get fit again, which is why I'm having the problem with the ankle. I'm determined to get my health back... So I guess it makes it easier than trying to reach an ideal weight goal. I've learned to listen to my body much more than my mind - my mind gets noisy with its wants and demands and is totally irrational when it comes to taking care of my body. I think that is what keeps me going, more than everything else... listening to my body!

Thank you so much for your encouragement, for your compliments and for your kind words. But you must remember that this group that you created has an awful lot to do with my perseverance and commitment. I see what you and the other ladies also do each day and that keeps me motivated on the days that I get down. When no one posts, it makes it a little harder but still, there is always yourself and Liz, and then Marcella is quite a regular and that helps too.

Sorry if the post was so long but I really want you to know that without you and everyone else here, I would have given up.

Now have a fantastic rest of the week everyone. Big hugs. It seems that it is indeed tough times everywhere at the moment, so triple hugs to each and everyone of you.
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Alice- great ideas and a beautiful heartfelt post. I would have gained so much weight over the last three weeks of in activity if it weren't for all of MFP buddies. Between my mom cooking & baking then my mother-in-law doing the same. Then church members bringing dinners & desserts, if I wasn't solid in my commitment to being healthier, I could have gained a considerable amount of weight. Even with the fluids I'm still retaining from surgery, I haven't gained!
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm still praying for all of you! Thank you for being my friends! B)
  • EMCOX5412
    Options
    Good morning everyone, wow what a difference a day makes.. not feeling sorry myself today.. :)
    Alice thank you I will print that out and really look at it this weekend and see if there is something I can change, I do most of your suggestions already but I am sure I may have let some slip..
    Thanks everyone for you kind words and encouragement[, I do know that it will eventually come off I continue on this path, which is what I plan on doing.
    Had another death in my family, so the holiday weekend will be rough, but she is at peace now and with her husband whom she has missed for many years. Change in plans for the weekend, most likely but will still be a nice weekend as it will now probably be spent with family. Bummed I may not being seeing a great friend but what can you do... I will be logging but I many not be in the blogs this weekend... Enjoy everyone...
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Em, I am sorry for your loss. It is the living that suffer. I am glad you are feeling better today and that the frustration has ebbed. I think that when we can conquer the frustration without sabotaging our efforts, it is a victory. So hurray for your victory yesterday!!! I hope you have a good weekend too.

Cindy - I hope you are starting to regain your strength. That is what happens when you don't care for yourself first. Your body had to make a point since you weren't listening to it. Alice had some awesome points about that in her post yesterday. Take care of yourself, there is only one of you. (((hugs)))

Barb - I am glad you are home safe and will get a bit of home time. What an awesome place to get to, what an experience. Enjoy your home time.

Way to go Jenn!!! Not gaining any weight!!! What a huge victory that is!

Marcella, How is your garden growing? Have you had any cups of tea on your porch?

Karen - I hope you and Stacy are doing o.k. (((hugs)))

Noodle - I see you swimming every day, you get me motivated.

Hi to everyone else!

My question for everyone today is, what day do you weigh yourself for your weekly, bi weekly, or monthly weight? I had been doing Monday, then Sunday, and now I am thinking of Friday. It is a little silly thing but it has been on my mind so please chime in and let me know. Thanks!

Everyone, have an awesome day!!! I am sending happy thought to everyone!!!