Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Cardio Day

It rained this morning so it wasn't unbearable outside, which made it a lot easier though I was still tired this morning. Doesn't help the cat likes to wake me up before 6 am when he wants food. Jogged 35 minutes today.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Dawn-you're a committed machine!! So impressed! I'll bet you look and feel great! Kutgw!
    Jo-hope you like the results, you sure are lean! :)
    Beeps-hope you're healing well.
    Pudding-thanks. I'm hoping to get to the gyms at least twice this week :).

No exercise but survived a double birthday sleepover and 2 full day bday celebrations for my girls. Whew! Going to spend a lot of time with my mom this week. We are signing her into assisted living and moving her the end of the week. There will be lots of cleaning and packing...so that'll count as cardio in my book ;).

Hope you're all doing well!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    I walked with a friend this morning....so nice to have company! I could have walked and walked and walked for hours!!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Julie, a double birthday sleepover sounds like a huge accomplishment that must have required alcohol, no? ;)

I started Strength and Power 3 today. I got my deadlifts up to 150! That's huge for me. I really liked the first workout of this stage but am kind of looking forward to being done. Has anyone done NROL Abs? Any reviews?
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Julie, a double sleepover??? You're a brave lady :smile:

As for me?

Heaps of paper work and filing, school holidays, rainy weather, unexpected guests for dinner tonight and two recorders. In unison.

I need a freaking drink.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    2 early shifts, a million kids activities, SIL arriving tomorrow and a crap tonne of housework in preparation. I'm on my second drink....
  • DawnEmbers
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning cardio: jogged for 28 minutes. Short jog is only 2 miles the whole training so that won't be bad. Though any time after 8 am is too hot, but I had to charge my iPod this morning. Next time I will try to go before 8. Now to relax and write some before work tonight followed by workout 3 of stage 7.

Oh and, thanks Julie. Progress is starting to slow on the visual side but it's still moving in the right direction. And I agree, double sleepover? Brave and crazy, but sounds fun too.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just popped in to declare my surprise that I caught myself looking forward to my jack knives tomorrow! :)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    nice Jo.
    I had a decent physical. We talked about my hypoglycemia
    dnamouse wrote: »
    Good luck Beeps! :heart:

S&P peeps. What are you doing/have done for Free Zone? I'm hitting a brain block for ideas and keep writing stuff down and scribbling it out lol

I start S&P tomorrow and have all the main stuff sorted. Just trying to come up with something interesting and partially fun for the end of the session :smile: So hit me with ideas!

I can honestly say that I have never done the free zone. When I was in basic training and hypertrophy I was good about doing the complexes and cardio stuff, but at the end of s&p, I'm TOAST.
  • dnamouse
    Options
    I have no more vodka left!! :'(

Tomorrow I drive the munchkins to the farm!!!! (of course I'm not excited... o:) ) I'm going to do the insane thing and drive down and back in the one day, just because lol

Janie, awesome!! I have some exercises that I really don't like. But I find myself scheduling them in purely because I know I don't like them because they make me work hard lol

Sam, I've been doing the bicep/tricep thing suggested in the book for free zone and it's kinda fun - simple and it's nice to do something purely as an extra. I've also been doing a short HIIT session after... but as I mentioned, I have an insanity problem :wink:

Must ring my mother and work out if I need to get to the shops. And pack bags for the children and whatever. The car went in for a service today, so it had better be good to go tomorrow because I can't drive the husband's car. As in, I actually, physically can't drive it safely.... my legs are too short :grimace:
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    I'd share my vodka if I could. I've had it since I moved to this state, so just over 3 years but find drinking alone boring.

Went to the gym after work and it went pretty well despite me having a headache for several hours. But I get to sleep in tomorrow as it's rest day and late work shift. Made it through the sets and even managed to do 20 reps on a couple of them. Though I'm finding deadlifts a tad frustrating cause they feel so heavy even at 165 but my max was 200 on Stronglifts. Granted I weigh around 30 lbs less than when I made it up to 200 but still, I hope to work on getting up to 225 this summer. Will need to work on them more now that I'm almost done with NROLFW.

Stage 7 - Workout 3

warmup with low bar squats 3x5 @ 115 - not bad but feel tad heavy

deadlift 2x6 @ 165 - managed but felt heavy

static lunge 4x20 @ 20 - 10 per leg and it was challenging. My hip bugged me a little at work today too so that didn't help during them.
    pushups 4x15 - used the bench still and have to pause during the sets on occasion
    romanian deadlift 4x20 @ 60 - not bad but tiring at 20 reps
    db bent over row 4x15 @ 20 - eh, not great at this one

Accessories:
    leg press 3x8 @ 180 - okay but heavy
    good morning 3x10 @ 60 - not bad but awkward as power cage is a tad too high when I need to put bar back
    hip thrust 3x10 @ 60 - tough and awkward but made it through

3 done and 3 more to go in Stage 7. I liked the program but I'm also looking forward to moving onward.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I never did the free zones either

LOL @ janiep - that must mean progress... I always look forward to the exercises going well

DEXA results - 20.8% body fat, with just 13g of visceral fat (around organs). Pretty pleased. Skin folds were not that far off. Most of my fat is on my thighs.... no surprises there. Good news.... I can still eat sh*tloads. Happy days
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @jo_marnes - Awesome. Those are some great numbers. *envies* One day I'm going to get a DEXA but right now I'm not even in the 20's percent wise. Maybe one day. Yay for food = happy days. :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    What is a "free zone"?!?!?
  • janiep81
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Okay to check in here? I hope so... I need some accountability!

Strength Training
    Squat 2x 15 50#s
    Seated Row, Floor, Machine 2x 15 75#s
    Steps Ups 2x 15 20#s
    Prone jack knife 2x 8
    Push Ups (push-ups) 2x 15 ALL FULL PUSH-UPS!!!!!

I also ran 2 miles with my best time in forever. :)
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @janiep81 - yep, this is the place so keep us updated on all the stuff you do. :smile:

I was sore and it was so hard to sleep last night from the heat but I still went to the gym this morning. I did do 15 minutes on treadmill and a little trx to warm up since I didn't have work before lifting today. On the other hand, I also didn't do any accessories. Today would be shoulder and arm accessories but I have an 8 hour work shift coming up and it's freight day so my arms will get a workout later. Only 2 more to go in stage 7, woot!

Stage 7 - Workout 4

high bar squats 3x6 @ 140 - these were pretty heavy and I moved slow but made it through

db squat with heel on plates 4x15 @ 22.5 - decided to increase weight instead of reps, okay though tiring
    db should press 4x15 @ 15 - kept to the same as last time
    db step-up 4x20 @ 22.5 - increase in reps and weight, 10 per leg
    underhand lat pull down 4x15 @ 60 - kept to the 60 this time, tough by the end

And I'm done for today though I was still sore from Tuesday's workout, so I'ma be sore all day. Now to eat foods.
  • janiep81
    Options
    I pulled something in my calf! It hurts to walk and point/flex my ankle, but there's no swelling or bruising, so I think its minor. I'm going to go ahead with my workout tonight: dead lifts, shoulder presses, wide-grip lat pull downs, lunges, and crunches on the ball. I think the lunges have the most potential for trouble; I'll just listen to my body... and I'm not going to run before. Maybe I'll try the elliptical. I wish I had time to swim!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Ouch. Good luck with the calf. We have a managed out of commission for days from tearing something in her foot/ankle (i forget the details). Es no bueno. Swimming would be nice. I need to get a swimsuit one of these days.

I did my long jog this morning even though I didn't want to get out of bed at 7 and really need to get up even earlier than that. Drove over to the park, which was nice but there was a half-marathon thing going on so a section of the park included other joggers. It wasn't bad just odd cause some like to cheer each other on and I got a couple cheers even though I wasn't part of it, lol. Also, when passing a couple of guys one made a "oo a real runner" comment as I went past. That was weird. Anyways, I jogged 40 minutes so basically a 5k. Also my hamstrings are still sore so that was rough but I made it through. Now to suffer my day off in the heat and maybe try to bake cake for tomorrow.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy July 4th to the USA!

I did a nice long walk, today. No weekend plans....hubby and kidlet son are out-of-town at a baseball tournament.

Ten days til we leave for europe!
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Good morning all! It's the 4th here, so Happy 4th July to the US peeps :smiley:

No children, and we have some gift certificates to spend, so we're going shopping at the biiiiiig shops! You know the ones... the really busy ones that you try to avoid when you have children who like to wander off :wink: lol

Janie, take it easy with the calf. It should be fine, but if it feels off while you're doing your session, stop. Don't push through it. Injuries suck :wink: