NSV's

Options

Replies

• Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @smuller73 ....congrats!!! That's a great feeling to try on clothes, and have them be too big, instead of too small!!!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wrap a bath towel around myself now, not a beach towel...a bath towel!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just had my co-worker tell me my butt is smaller than hers now..... I guess that's good? Didn't want to lose the booty but okay LOL. I also don't think I'm smaller, but it was nice to hear my weight loss is noticeable now. :) She's started walking on breaks now too, saying I inspired her!
  • chaoticdreams
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh, got one for my hubby even though he's doing half-a**ed keto LOL. He dropped weight so fast at the beginning that I bought him some smaller size shorts, one the size he rapidly got into and the other the next one down. Well, he can't find the former, and I said just try the latter and BOOM, they fit perfectly. Scale stopped moving for him, but he's definitely still losing inches. :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wrap a bath towel around myself now, not a beach towel...a bath towel!

This! I was so excited when I realized there wasn't a huge gap in the towel below my waist!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I went to the Halloween candy aisle today to see if the kind my son wants was there (It's not even October yet, damn you, stores!). Then I wandered off to get my cheese. Walked past that damnable front facing ice cream freezer. Stopped and stared for several long seconds. Went on my way with just my cheese to the checkout. I was shopping hungry, too.

really big! Well done!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding this past week and wore the same outfit I wore to my nephew's wedding, more than a decade ago.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat You look amazing! Great work!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Love all these! Keep 'em coming!

Apparently, I've inspired my husband to give tracking on MFP and LCHF a try. He's been at it less than a week, and has already lost 6lbs. He goes in for his Stress Test today. Praying for no issues there. (His doc ordered this test because of his recent high cholesterol/TG.)

Which leads me to my recent NSV: Last week, I weighed less than my husband. This hasn't been the case for 95% of our relationship. I'm a little bit taller than he is, though not more than an inch. Now that he has started losing weight, I'm heavier than him again, but not by much.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did 3 cold water scuba dives on my birthday yesterday with a ribeye lunch sandwiched in there.

For those that might not know, our cold water here in the Pacific Northwest requires more exposure protection. I enter the water with 90 to 100lbs of gear on.

3 months ago I couldn't fit into my dry suit. Yesterday I nailed it with energy to spare and the joy of drinking in the underwater world.

Super stoked!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I went to the Halloween candy aisle today to see if the kind my son wants was there (It's not even October yet, damn you, stores!). Then I wandered off to get my cheese. Walked past that damnable front facing ice cream freezer. Stopped and stared for several long seconds. Went on my way with just my cheese to the checkout. I was shopping hungry, too.
    Great willpower!

More like I thought about how much I'd hate myself tomorrow if I had to go through days 4-6 of carb flu again so soon! :s
    That's the same thing in my book, you thought about that and controlled your initial impulse! Congratulations.

Thanks! :)
    I went to a wedding this past week and wore the same outfit I wore to my nephew's wedding, more than a decade ago.

Ghosts of clothing past NSVs are awesome! Well except when they're bigger clothes. I try to get rid of those so I have nothing to wear if I gain too much weight!

• chaoticdreams
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I did 3 cold water scuba dives on my birthday yesterday with a ribeye lunch sandwiched in there.

For those that might not know, our cold water here in the Pacific Northwest requires more exposure protection. I enter the water with 90 to 100lbs of gear on.

3 months ago I couldn't fit into my dry suit. Yesterday I nailed it with energy to spare and the joy of drinking in the underwater world.

Super stoked!

I love scuba. I'm hoping now that I've lost some weight and am overall healthier, I can actually take the certification class this fall. We have loads of great scuba places here in Florida to check out. I was in the dive club in high school and we'd go to Key West once a year to see the reefs. I can't wait to go back. :D Grats on the dry suit!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I used to have ro wear an extender for my bracelets because even my wrists gained weight. Yesterday I wore three of them with no extenders and they were swingy on my wrists. Bracelets have always been my fav jewelry! I'm so happy.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I used to have ro wear an extender for my bracelets because even my wrists gained weight. Yesterday I wore three of them with no extenders and they were swingy on my wrists. Bracelets have always been my fav jewelry! I'm so happy.

Lovely!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    All of these inspire me daily! So happy for everyone!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yesterday at the chiropractor's office there were a couple young ladies (18-25) there when I walked in. When I left they were in the car about to leave with the motor running but the driver was looking at her phone but started to move so I stepped back up on the curb since I was parked in the next spot to the right.

The windows were down and the passenger said Hi then I realized the driver was speaking to me but over the noise I had to step near the passenger window. She said, "You look like Sean Connery". I said thank you and stepped back up onto the curb.

I did not know kids that age even knew Sean Connery. The way I moved and looked 50 pounds ago that would have never had happened with or without the beard. My wife and daughter got a kick out of it. The wife had already shown me a picture of Sean Connery and my remark was that looked like my dad with a beard. :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Today after work, a man I know looked me up and down, and said "Wow, you look great !" Feels good !
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at the chiropractor's office there were a couple young ladies (18-25) there when I walked in. When I left they were in the car about to leave with the motor running but the driver was looking at her phone but started to move so I stepped back up on the curb since I was parked in the next spot to the right.

The windows were down and the passenger said Hi then I realized the driver was speaking to me but over the noise I had to step near the passenger window. She said, "You look like Sean Connery". I said thank you and stepped back up onto the curb.

I did not know kids that age even knew Sean Connery. The way I moved and looked 50 pounds ago that would have never had happened with or without the beard. My wife and daughter got a kick out of it. The wife had already shown me a picture of Sean Connery and my remark was that looked like my dad with a beard. :)

I always thought your profile picture on here WAS Sean Connery...you mean that is you?! Wow!
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting loose- again
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting loose- again

I'm having this problem too.