Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have not gone out walking yet, That comes in a little while when it has warmed up some and the Bank is open. Temps in the 30s right now hence the wait for warm Sunlight today. Three stops planned, Coffee, Bank, Pharmacy for some Vitamins, In that order too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    I didn't make it for the oil change today, but will go in the next few days. It's been 5 months...that's pretty good for me, used to be about every three months. I got my car when it was new...2002, it now has over 197,000 miles on it! I drove it to work for 11 years, 50-60 miles /day round trip, plus we always took my car on long trips (like to Long Island which is close to 300 miles one way), until the last few years when we've been renting vans for that trip (that way all 6 of us can fit comfortably). Roger, it's nice not having to drive that much. :)
    Irene, best wishes with your new phone. :)
    Jo, I have not even started to think about Christmas! Although all the churches are starting to have their Christmas Craft fairs. I'm sure we will keep it simple again this year. :) Just starting to plan for Thanksgiving. :) Also need to figure out what to do for my birthday and our anniversary, both the first week of December. It's a big anniversary....40 years! Yikes! haha.
    The shower was fun today...saw my daughter's in-laws, the new mom to be is very sweet. It was a joyful party. :)
    Anyway, have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You had a nice day. My Last car got hit twice at work and this one already has been scratched at the Supermarket. Of course no one ever leaves a note or searches for the owner :(

I Already know most of the Thanksgiving Day Menu. We Earned the free Turkey already and since My Brother is a traditionalist, All the fixings. I'll be working with the Menu choices I posted in a new Message Thread.

40 Year Anniversary is nothing to sneeze at, Congratulations
    Roger
    good morning, love my new phone it has my life on it. I even have pictures of Annie on it. My new phone actually has an app that I don't need to carry my credit cards which is pretty cool I not sure if I will use it or not, my phone is always with me so I not to worry about some one stealling it but I also lock my phone.Well need to go to work leaving early because noe amazon is only letting us in 1 way so the traffic is really bad take care
    Hi Irene
    I see them plugging that feature on the TV and it is one I would would not feel safe with, Nor would I feel safe with the one where You only need to wave You Credit Card by the terminal to pay. Add in the Limited places to use such an App and no Thanks.

Good Move Locking the Phone
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-have a good day at work.
    Vix-I don't think I have ever put that many miles on a car. I go to my sister's house for thanksgiving. All I have to make is an apple pie and a lemon meringue pie. In September it was 40 years for me also.
    Roger-good luck on your walk today.
    No work today for me. Laundry and a little cleaning around the house. Hubby is off also, so maybe he will take me out to lunch. ;)
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    Nice for You being off today.
    Belated Happy Anniversary to You

Tine to get going now...
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you love your phone. I like the smart phones, have had mine for a few years.
    Enjoy your day off Jo. :)
    I like having Thanksgiving here. The kids will come early, we'll all cook and hang out til late afternoon. It's nice.
    Frosty out this morning, Roger! Bundle up. :)

Hi Again
    I expect to be bundled up with these Temps.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Originally I Said
    Hi
    I have not gone out walking yet, That comes in a little while when it has warmed up some and the Bank is open. Temps in the 30s right now hence the wait for warm Sunlight today. Three stops planned, Coffee, Bank, Pharmacy for some Vitamins, In that order too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Here is my amended Walk info FWIW.
    I got out walking, and Picked up a nice Birthday card for my brother and a Bottle of Oban Single Malt. I figure he is so helpful and supportive what the heck, he deserves a nice gift. He got me a Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker

Designed to crack the toughest black walnuts, the Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker, effortlessly cracks all types of hardshell nuts.
    http://www.kenkelnutcracker.com/
    He heard me saying I was having trouble finding the right hit on them with a Hammer and was mashing the nut meats or spraying the pieces all over.

Have a Great Start of the Week
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,156 Member
    Options
    Wow! Cool nutcracker. :smiley:
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    good morning, well we walked in the rain but it was light so it wasn't bad I just put on my rain jacket on, a little rain has never stopped us we go no matter what the weather is.Ladies congrats on the 40 years I am right behind you at 38 years.well gotta go to work have a fun day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Raining here too.
    I have clay class today, and may stop in some of the stores up there to look for a coat. There's a Marshall's and I have a $10 coupon for Kohl's.
    Need to get the diet back on track too....I've been snacking and it shows!
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did a shortened walk today, weather not that nice. OTOH I went back out walking Yesterday and Between Yesterday and Today I am currently at 25K Steps. Since My Daily Step Goal is 10K and today is not nearly finished I am well over that :)

During the Morning Walk Yesterday I stopped at a CVS and checked prices :( $67 at CVS, Vs $35 for the same item and Quantity at the Local Non Chain Drug Store where I walked to in the Afternoon. Quite a Significant difference. Boo to CVS :)

Bottom Line do not be afraid to check pricing, The Large chain may not be Your best price. Costco later this week and I'll be looking at their prices too.

It is most likely the last day for Apples on my walk. Tree is pretty bare and the Drops I have been harvesting were not looking that good. I picked up 4 and I figure I may get the equivalent of two Apples out of them when done prepping them.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    Wow! Cool nutcracker. :smiley:

Hi Vix
    I need to get the wood to mount it, I just recalled that my Brother was going to Home Depot so I called him and he's working on it so that is one problem solved :)

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, well we walked in the rain but it was light so it wasn't bad I just put on my rain jacket on, a little rain has never stopped us we go no matter what the weather is.Ladies congrats on the 40 years I am right behind you at 38 years.well gotta go to work have a fun day

Hi Irene
    It had rained before I got out the door but was not when I left the house, I did have a folding umbrella in my back pocket just in case. It did drizzle on me but I decided not to use the umbrella and sure enough it went away again. Currently it looks like a light rain outside the bedroom window.

Have a Good day at work
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Raining here too.
    I have clay class today, and may stop in some of the stores up there to look for a coat. There's a Marshall's and I have a $10 coupon for Kohl's.
    Need to get the diet back on track too....I've been snacking and it shows!
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    It looks like a off and on rain next three days. Weatherman said 70% chance for today and Thursday. 20% chance for Wednesday. So far today as I see it 100% since it is raining now.

Every time I drift off plan Mr. Scale tells me so. By Off plan I mean On Plan plus some light extras or bad alternatives such as a Egg Roll for a Vegetable serving :)

Good Luck Shopping
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-that is a cool nutcracker. It hasn't started to rain here yet, but it is very overcast.
    Irene-I don't mind walking in the rain, as long as I am dressed for it.
    Vix-good luck coat shopping. I too have been snacking a little to much. So far today, I have been sticking to plan.
    I always start off good,but seem to get derailed after dinner. I have been thinking of upgrading to the frozen. I think I am getting tired of the shelf stable and NS seems to be discontinuing a lot of the shelf stable. The choices keep dwindling.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    It's been raining all day.
    I found a dress coat (black, simple straight lines), but will still be looking around for an everyday coat.
    I need to revise my eating plan a bit....I've been leaving more calories for the evening and then going over. I think I did better when I spaced my food out and had more earlier in the day. Then I didn't feel so needy at night! : :#
    Every day I get to try again. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all.I am actually down a pound which is good work seems to be taking all my energyI feel worn out.Jo I feel the same way I might have to go to the frozen only I never have any room in my freezer I will have to see well gotta go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    That's great Irene! Congrats on the pound down,
    Remembering our veterans.
    veterans-day-300x279.jpg
    Have a great day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today, Cool and comfortable and in my area the rain had moved on earlier. I wore a Sweatshirt and gloves starting out, Later I removed the gloves.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-that is a cool nutcracker. It hasn't started to rain here yet, but it is very overcast.
    Irene-I don't mind walking in the rain, as long as I am dressed for it.
    Vix-good luck coat shopping. I too have been snacking a little to much. So far today, I have been sticking to plan.
    I always start off good,but seem to get derailed after dinner. I have been thinking of upgrading to the frozen. I think I am getting tired of the shelf stable and NS seems to be discontinuing a lot of the shelf stable. The choices keep dwindling.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    It works better than smashing them with a hammer too :)

I am not sure if they are discontinuing so much as it looks that way due to the repackaging the entire line of foods. FWIW I was not that impressed by the new packaging.

I started off NS with a 10 day frozen plan just be ensure as much variety as possible. Especially with the Lunch selections. FWIW Some of the frozen foods are better or more convenient. The Frozen Cinnamon Roll is larger and lighter and much better tasting then the Shelf Stable Cinnamon Bun. The Frozen Pancakes are quicker, I just pop them in the toaster and done. OTOH the Pancake mix is much more flexible in terms of what You can do to it with Fruits in it or flavorings such as Maple or Vanilla Extract and Sweetener. With the Sweetener And flavorings I do not feel the need for syrup. BTW You can also chop up a couple of the NutriChocolates and have Chocolate bits in Your Pancakes if You use the Mix.

Cheers
    Roger
    It's been raining all day.
    I found a dress coat (black, simple straight lines), but will still be looking around for an everyday coat.
    I need to revise my eating plan a bit....I've been leaving more calories for the evening and then going over. I think I did better when I spaced my food out and had more earlier in the day. Then I didn't feel so needy at night! : :#
    Every day I get to try again. :)
    Have a good night everyone.

Hi Vix
    I sometimes swap my Lunches and Dinners too. I still eat something 6 or 7 times a day, 6 times a day and a banana before my morning walk :) I keep it around 1700 calories a day using NS foods.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all.I am actually down a pound which is good work seems to be taking all my energyI feel worn out.Jo I feel the same way I might have to go to the frozen only I never have any room in my freezer I will have to see well gotta go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    I have been feeling a bit tired lately too. I'm not sure why. I ended up buying a freezer for the basement rather than working to get everything into the freezer section. Having the extra freezer means we can take advantage of Sales on meats too. Currently beyond the NS Frozen there are two Corned beef from St Patty's day sales, a Bargain priced Turkey, a Entire Pork Loin that was on sale really cheap per pound. We had two of those but my brother tuned the other one into Breakfast Sausage patties and Italian Sausage and some Center cut Boneless Pork Chops and a Pork Loin Roast. A couple of pounds of butter from the last good sale on butter etc.

When You look at it you can get a 3+ cubic foot freezer for $200 so why not, I ended up having a 8.8 Cu. Ft. delivered.

Have a nice day at work
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Happy Veteran's Day.
    Irene-congrats on loosing another lb.
    Vix-you can't go wrong with a black coat.
    Roger-I haven't decided yet if I will switch. I have an order coming tomorrow, so I have a few weeks to decide.
    I am off in a few minutes to get my hair colored and cut.
  • eku0
    Options
    I know it would be easier if I were using NS foods, but still keeping to less processed as much as possible. Roger, your brother sounds like a great cook! :)
    Jo, have fun with your new cut and color. :)
    Turned into a beautiful day here. We went for a walk in the park this afternoon. I took my jacket off for a little while when we were in the sun. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Well today is my friday and it looks like there is no ot they are trying not to do it untill after the 21st they did ask if we wanted to stay 1/2 hour last night but I take a friend home and he works in a different dept so I past on the ot. I did trainning yesterday and I will finnish it up today I have 7 new people so I should have a good day I perfer trainning time goes faster. When I walked this morning I ended up taking my jacket off it just seemed warm take care every one
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    We are still having rain off and on.
    The contractor is back from vacation and the rest of the siding was delivered yesterday. It shouldn't be long now and my house will be finished.
    I got this email from nutrisystem yesterday;
    We wanted to let you know that we recently made some modifications to our plan configurations to streamline the number of packages offered. We are contacting only those customers that will be upgraded.

As a result of this process, the plan you are on, Dinner My Way RTG Wom Cus, will be switched to our most current version, the Womens Dinners My Way Cus. When we make this change to your plan, it will not affect the timing of your next scheduled delivery. We will keep this date intact to ensure it is aligned to your needs. This change will occur by the time your next scheduled auto delivery is going to process on 12/7/2015.

Through this upgrade, you will have an expanded menu of meals to choose from and best of all, you will still enjoy the same pricing you had been paying. The only thing we need you to do is customize your next order by 6:00pm EST the day before your auto delivery order is scheduled to process on 12/7/2015.

If you have any questions or need to make any adjustments to your shipment, please visit us at Nutrisystem.com to access your account or you can contact our Customer Service team for assistance.

It states that I will have an expanded menu of meals to choose from, so far I don't see any thing different on the menu.
    They did up the price and then gave me a 40% discount, so I am still paying the same.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Jo, sounds like NS has really raised the prices, yikes. Glad your house updates are almost done. You must be so happy with all of the changes!
    Irene, glad your OT hasn't started yet and you get to enjoy your nice long weekends. :)
    Hi Roger. :)
    It's totally gray out this morning, expect rain any time now.
    I am way off track with my diet...something went seriously kerflooey, the scale is creeping upwards...I am not happy about my creepy scale. Will definitely try to get a handle on it today!
    Think healthy!
    Painting class and chiropractor on the schedule for today.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walked today + 10 Cents less than a block from home on the way back :) Temperature was OK, One Sweatshirt & no gloves weather today. The rain stayed away until a while after I arrived home too.

My order ship date was the 9th and the BBB arrived Wednesday the 11th & I just finished Checking in the BWB and putting it into the basement freezer today, the 12th. That is the fastest times in a while. I suspect after the Holidays, especially New Years they may have some longer delays due to New Years Resolutions to lose weight.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon
    Happy Veteran's Day.
    Irene-congrats on loosing another lb.
    Vix-you can't go wrong with a black coat.
    Roger-I haven't decided yet if I will switch. I have an order coming tomorrow, so I have a few weeks to decide.
    I am off in a few minutes to get my hair colored and cut.

Hi Joanne
    In the latest order I had one Substitution between the Shelf Stable and the Frozen. They subbed Sweet & Sour Chicken for the Chicken Primavera :( I like the S&S chicken but did not need that many of them as I had ordered some of them and some of the other.

Cheers
    Roger
    I know it would be easier if I were using NS foods, but still keeping to less processed as much as possible. Roger, your brother sounds like a great cook! :)
    Jo, have fun with your new cut and color. :)
    Turned into a beautiful day here. We went for a walk in the park this afternoon. I took my jacket off for a little while when we were in the sun. :)

Hi Vix
    It warmed up Yesterday when I was walking, If I had not been almost home when that happened I would have taken off the Sweatshirt and carried it.

Cheers
    Roger
    Well today is my friday and it looks like there is no ot they are trying not to do it untill after the 21st they did ask if we wanted to stay 1/2 hour last night but I take a friend home and he works in a different dept so I past on the ot. I did trainning yesterday and I will finnish it up today I have 7 new people so I should have a good day I perfer trainning time goes faster. When I walked this morning I ended up taking my jacket off it just seemed warm take care every one

Hi Irene
    It was not bad out this morning. I was only wearing a Sweatshirt and was home before it got too warm.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning;
    We are still having rain off and on.
    The contractor is back from vacation and the rest of the siding was delivered yesterday. It shouldn't be long now and my house will be finished.
    I got this email from nutrisystem yesterday;
    We wanted to let you know that we recently made some modifications to our plan configurations to streamline the number of packages offered. We are contacting only those customers that will be upgraded.

As a result of this process, the plan you are on, Dinner My Way RTG Wom Cus, will be switched to our most current version, the Womens Dinners My Way Cus. When we make this change to your plan, it will not affect the timing of your next scheduled delivery. We will keep this date intact to ensure it is aligned to your needs. This change will occur by the time your next scheduled auto delivery is going to process on 12/7/2015.

Through this upgrade, you will have an expanded menu of meals to choose from and best of all, you will still enjoy the same pricing you had been paying. The only thing we need you to do is customize your next order by 6:00pm EST the day before your auto delivery order is scheduled to process on 12/7/2015.

If you have any questions or need to make any adjustments to your shipment, please visit us at Nutrisystem.com to access your account or you can contact our Customer Service team for assistance.

It states that I will have an expanded menu of meals to choose from, so far I don't see any thing different on the menu.
    They did up the price and then gave me a 40% discount, so I am still paying the same.

Hi Again
    Being a curious minded person I would call Customer Service and inquire, What Additional items?

I bet You are happy that the house is about to be finished.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, sounds like NS has really raised the prices, yikes. Glad your house updates are almost done. You must be so happy with all of the changes!
    Irene, glad your OT hasn't started yet and you get to enjoy your nice long weekends. :)
    Hi Roger. :)
    It's totally gray out this morning, expect rain any time now.
    I am way off track with my diet...something went seriously kerflooey, the scale is creeping upwards...I am not happy about my creepy scale. Will definitely try to get a handle on it today!
    Think healthy!
    Painting class and chiropractor on the schedule for today.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Again
    Correct about the rain if Your weather is anything like mine.

Have You tried performing an exorcism on the scale :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    HA! I need to do an exorcism of my own demons! >:)
    Have a good night. :)
  • Pirates43
    Pirates43 Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Please forgive a little drive-by spam ...

Hi, NS friends!

I just wanted to share some exciting news (well, exciting to me, anyway). No, not an NSV or a scale victory either.

We are reviving the NS Biggest Loser Challenge series that had been so popular on the NS boards until the company locked us all out.

This will be a kinder, gentler version of the challenge. Lots of support, motivation, inspiration, and empathy.

The price is right - free. And we offer a "double your money back" guarantee. If, at the end of the challenge you don't feel like you got your money's worth, we'll give you back double!

The folks at the "Losing It After 50" discussion board have been kind enough to invite us to use their community as our "home gym." The challenge IS NOT restricted to NSers over 50, but we do have our share of "half-a-hunnerts" signed up already.

We're launching the challenge on Monday, Nov. 16, and we'll end the first round just before the New Years. So this is a great way to sandbag some support before the holiday temptations begin. Then we'll launch a "New Years Resolution" BL that will run for the first 8 or 10 weeks of the New Year.

This is our sign-up thread: (you will need to sign up. Use your NS screen name or any name you want. You can remain pretty anonymous, but we'll want a first name once the challenge starts, so we can get to know everybody ...)

http://losingitafter50.freeforums.net/thread/439/biggest-loser-sign-thread?page=1&scrollTo=26835
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba in a little while. Sun is shining, should be a nice day. I did better yesterday, scale has stopped screaming.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)