NSV's

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been using a cheap old pinkie ring for a while now, after putting my expensive ring up once they got too big. My jeweler will only resize twice and I had it sized when I got it (this is my twenty year ring I'm talking about). I will have it resized once I reach goal, and maintenance. My original band, and engagement rings have been put up for the past four years, since I don't like yellow gold anymore (IKR? Gold should be gold, but I like white......anyway). The goal is to not lose your good rings! Good luck!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring isn't falling off, but it is finally fitting on my finger! That's a big NSV for me. It's been more years than I can count since I've been able to wear my ring, I could never bring myself to get it enlarged. My husband teared up when he saw it on my finger this week.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring isn't falling off, but it is finally fitting on my finger! That's a big NSV for me. It's been more years than I can count since I've been able to wear my ring, I could never bring myself to get it enlarged. My husband teared up when he saw it on my finger this week.

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    NSV for today:
    My wedding rings (size 8) fell off! I now have it wired on with fishing string wrapped around the band to keep it on. It's still loose but it catches on the knuckle now. Hubby said to get it resized, but I want to wait to see where my finger size lands. I've always had long slender fingers, so it's weird to see them get thinner.

I had that problem too. I actually layered some clear UV Gel nail polish on the inside of the band after finding a product on Amazon for almost $30 that was pretty much the exact same thing! But I already do my own nails, so I already had everything needed. :smile:
    q43ni7egl1bz.jpeg

This filled it in at least a 1/4 inch and it's still pretty loose. I need to go down at least half a size. Bad timing as it fell off in the shower and almost went down the drain, to which there would have been zero recovery. Master Splinter would have had some nice new bling!

This is how it fits after the string.

i5n5ojulc1eb.jpg

That's how mine was. I raised my hand fast one day and my ring literally was launched off my hand across the room it was so loose! Luckily I was indoors and it was found right away! I have easily dropped a whole ring size. It's a 5. and I am able to wear my high school class ring that's a 4.
    I actually need to layer the polish up a little more, but it's not currently a projectile, so I'll get around to it. Lol
  • zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I recently got a full length mirror! I've lived without one for 3+ years and just couldn't stand the thought of buying one. Making peace with the mirror has been more of a mental change for me than a physical one. Now I'm happy to know that I'm on the right track.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    zyxy55 wrote: »
    I recently got a full length mirror! I've lived without one for 3+ years and just couldn't stand the thought of buying one. Making peace with the mirror has been more of a mental change for me than a physical one. Now I'm happy to know that I'm on the right track.

Yep, I think I'm about there. I've actually *wanted* a full-length mirror more than once in the last couple of months. It's almost time I think.
  • zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »

Yep, I think I'm about there. I've actually *wanted* a full-length mirror more than once in the last couple of months. It's almost time I think.

That's awesome! :smiley:
  • ki4eld
    Options
    40k steps equaling 18.2 miles for me today. I'm going to do a marathon by the end of the year. No question.
  • RobinK228
    RobinK228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV for me was that my fasting blood sugar was under 100. Two weeks ago my A1C was 8.8 (average of about 200). Yay for Keto!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Friday BP 111/74 (stressed and very irritated)
    Today's BP: 105/73 - yes!

I looked through my records, and October 2014 @ 187 lbs my BP was 125/88 so big time improvement!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes!

I have lost two re-sized wedding bands. Going for my original from 36 years ago! And when I make it, you'll hear it !! :smiley:
  • all4koi
    all4koi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was that my skirt had to be pinned so it wouldn't fall off of me. AND my mom is doing this lifestyel change and her church dress was loose, she hadn't worn that dress in about 3 years!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's a great win all4koi!

I went the whole day without any foundation make up yesterday. Because I no longer have acne. The real win is not having cystic acne anymore. That stuff is so miserable.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    all4koi wrote: »
    My NSV today was that my skirt had to be pinned so it wouldn't fall off of me. AND my mom is doing this lifestyel change and her church dress was loose, she hadn't worn that dress in about 3 years!

Fantastic!
  • ki4eld
    Options
    all4koi wrote: »

Win! and Win!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    On my trip to Europe and back I didn't have any issues at all with the seatbelt. And the tray table fit down in front of me with no issues at all. In the past, the seatbelt would be tight and the tray table would have to push into my stomach. No problem at all this time. Made the trip much more enjoyable.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats ... always nice to notice all the changes. They make you feel like grinning with pride
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    c5il941079p8.jpg

I knew my clothes were fitting more loosely and I'd lost 15 more lbs, but I didn't realize it was this noticeable.
  • DianaElena76
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And my cheekbones are more and more noticeable in the mirror!