NSV's

Options

Replies

• Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm now down into a size 14, all the 16s are going to Goodwill, too! Keep up the good work all you lovely people!
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I lost both of my parents in 2013. After my mom died, my sisters and I divided up her jewelry. I ended up with her original engagement ring and a ring my dad bought for their 25th wedding anniversary. I couldn't wear either of them, so they sat in my jewelry box for almost three years. However, today, I am proud to say I am wearing one of them! Yay!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My NSV is just the fact that I've stuck with this WOE for an entire year now. I've never done anything for an entire year. Well, okay, that's obviously not entirely true, but never any "diet"!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I have two today.

1st My skin is amazingly healthy and soft
    2nd Went to the market this morning, in hour 22 of my 24 hour fast, and wasn't a bit hungry! I mean, I couldn't even really shop because nothing appealed to me...at least not until I got to the meat case! I stuck to the list, mostly snacks for the kids who are on vacation this week and two big sirloins for me for the next few days.
  • kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My jeans were getting pretty loose so I went to the store to buy new ones last night. Walked in wearing a size 40 waist and walked out in a size 36!! This felt amazing!!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Keep posting these NSVs. They are so motivating.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I did 140 crunches today without pain. A week ago, I was doing 80 painfully.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Went out with my husband last night and bumped into a friend we hadn't seen for a long time who thought for a moment my husband was having an affair as he didn't recognize the thinner me.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    My scale has been stuck for weeks at just a few pounds above my last check in weight. But I felt smaller, so tape measure it is. Now, peeps, I am 62 in a couple of weeks, so I realise having, apparently the "ideal for beauty" waist to hip ratio as defined by societies across all cultures and all ages (I learned that 10 inch difference is the 'ideal' regardless of actual size - researched it in university) doesn't look like it did when I was younger but other stats made me happier.

Waist to hip difference: 10 inches (matching Marilyn Munroe, and apparently Cleopatra - although they were smaller and younger LOL)
    Waist to hip ratio: .77 (under .8 indicated low risk of health issues)
    Waist to height (age adjusted): "Your Height to Waist ratio is:
    0.55. You are below the 0.6 limit" low risk of health issues

30 lbs still to lose but measures are now good!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    smuller73 wrote: »
    Went out with my husband last night and bumped into a friend we hadn't seen for a long time who thought for a moment my husband was having an affair as he didn't recognize the thinner me.

OMG!!! That is a good one.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    I did 140 crunches today without pain. A week ago, I was doing 80 painfully.

Now that is an NSV. Unimaginable by me.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    Not only can I buckle my airline seat belt, but got to snug it up a little! :smile:

That's awesome @nicintime !!! Feeling comfortable flying again is one of my top weight loss motivators. I've lied to friends and family for years and claimed a massive fear of flying as my reason for not visiting, when I was really just scared of the embarrassment of the whole experience, as well as the embarrassment of them seeing me like this.

I am at a loss for words. Yeah, to the seatbelt story! I think most of us can relate. And, here's to a goal of not having our weight define us, or affect our choices. Goals around weigh loss, and healthy numbers are really important. But this goal: living life to the max without fear of embarrassment, that is really important too.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My NSV is that, even though I now stop at the grocery store around twice a week, I've been saving money by not eating from the work cafeteria everyday like I was! And hell, I love the grocery store, it's one of my favorite places. :smile:

I'm also trying new recipes (and loving them! - gonna make my first clam chowdah tonight!) which makes me happy, because I hadn't been cooking much at all the last year or so... Definitely putting food of a higher quality into my body on a regular basis - and saving money!! Woot woot!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A weekend ago I bought new pants in a size smaller then the smallest ones I own. They were snug, and I needed to breathe in to button them up. Well, I am wearing them today, and I had no trouble buttoning them. I didn't even remember I had my 'small' pants on until after my 4th bottle of water. Holding my fingers crossed for these pants being loose in another month - that would make my spring.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I cut my hair short again! Not quite as short as I used to wear it, but almost. Anyway, hubby loves it, and my NSV is that he says it looks good because my neck is smaller now! :)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I cut my hair short again! Not quite as short as I used to wear it, but almost. Anyway, hubby loves it, and my NSV is that he says it looks good because my neck is smaller now! :)

Looks Great!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Recently I bought a more comfortable bike. I'm not quite ready for one of those adult tricycles but I needed something to take the strain off my neck and arms. (If you are likewise, look for a style called a comfort bike or a feet forward bike. They're like beach cruisers but with gears.)

But I digress; that wasn't the thing I felt good about. Yesterday my husband wanted to get my old bike out of the garage. Instead of loading it on the car bike carrier, I rode it to a nonprofit thrift store five miles from here, going like a locomotive so husband could keep me in sight without obstructing traffic. Those nice young folks at the Teen Challenge Center looked very surprised when Grandma Moses rolled up in her helmet and bike shorts to make a donation.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Recently I bought a more comfortable bike. I'm not quite ready for one of those adult tricycles but I needed something to take the strain off my neck and arms. (If you are likewise, look for a style called a comfort bike or a feet forward bike. They're like beach cruisers but with gears.)

But I digress; that wasn't the thing I felt good about. Yesterday my husband wanted to get my old bike out of the garage. Instead of loading it on the car bike carrier, I rode it to a nonprofit thrift store five miles from here, going like a locomotive so husband could keep me in sight without obstructing traffic. Those nice young folks at the Teen Challenge Center looked very surprised when Grandma Moses rolled up in her helmet and bike shorts to make a donation.

That is so awesome there's not enough room on my face for this big ol' grin!!! @mandycat223
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favourite jeans that have been sitting in a box for five years finally fit again! And, bonus NSV, my hubby can fit into the skinny jeans he accidentally bought last year and never returned. Apparently he's been losing weight along with me, even though he adds carbs to his meals, probably due to the fact that we don't live on takeout anymore.

Same with my hubby. He still drinks beer and eats bread but has almost cut out soda and cut down his other carb intake quite a bit by eating whatever I am having. He's lost about 12kgs in the last 8 months. All his work pants and shirts are much looser now and he had to make a 2nd new hole in his belt this morning. Time for some clothes shopping I think

• ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Three (!) people at my office have started low carbing because of me! And my bf is considering it and asked if I'd make up a meal plan for him if he decides to go ahead :) #spreadingthegospel