Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Nancy-we are getting more rain today also, and have more predicted for the weekend. Atleast the temp is in the 60's with the rain.

Connie- I went to the funeral home and stayed alot longer than I planned to, but I felt my friend Joy, needed my support. I did see alot of people I use to work with and everyone went on about how great I looked. It made me feel good. Joy is the one who told me about MFP, after she had lost weight, she has lost over 40 pounds and looks really good. Glad to see the scale is moving in the right direction for you.yay! Since I stayed so long there, I didn't make it to the nursing home.

Marie-Sorry to hear you had such a scary day, from the weather. Alice is so good and helpful to you and your husband, I am glad she is there for you. I hope you feel better. The cable bill is so high, rabbit ears free sounds good, but my husband wouldn't go for that he has several channels he likes other than the basic 4. What kind of soup did you make yesterday?

Today I plan on just staying home its nasty out.
    I may cook a pot of cabbage and potatoes. I haven't weighed since last week, I need to soon, I hate when I get obsessed with the scale.Gotta go. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, friends! Happy Friday!

Janice.. That's what friends are for. Glad you were able to be there for her.

Marie...sorry you had such a stressful day..sometimes meltdowns are good for us...releases a lot of tension. Glad Alice was able to come out to help. We used rabbit ears for several days before our cable could be installed. Missed our internet more than the tv.

Our weather has been in the 80s but rain is expected this weekend. Going to to gym so I will check back later. Getting more organized day by day.

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

sorry i have been MIA, still pushing forward and actually going to NYC tonight. we have an event and are coming back tomorrow. so many good things to eat there, will just need to keep my hands and mouth busy. weather is getting warmer here, suppose to be in the 60s. have a good weekend!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Rain, rain go away!!!! We have had 5 + inches already and more to come!!!

Marie, Hope you have gotten everything working!!!

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the store.
    Jerry cook me 1 pancake for breakfast and my coffee for lunch it will be veggies soup and strawberries and whipped cream 1 small serving.... I am trying a few things out. So far so good. We like our Babbitt ears Connie at least we can keep up with the weather and news. Jerry got to go and get me one for my TV I am finding out carbs are not the devil i thought it was But in moderation. I am leaving off most fat most fruit at least keep my fruit down to 2 servings per day or less. and eat whole wheat products, potatoes, beans and may have some whole wheat pasta this next week, No cheese tho. my internet is working just fine.. We will keep that and our telephone on the AT&t hook up no problems with either one. I don't know why whenever a storm comes thru we lose our TV.But no more.its Direct TV that is our problems We have Times Warner cable coming out Monday.But we may cancel it out for the time being If the rabbit ears continue to hole out good for a while.

NANCY rain rain so damp and cool outside.

Feeling pretty good today.I do go to the doctor March 15, And will let her no about my neck, & back. Its not unbearable pain but still painful.
    See you later.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT...we used to have direct tv and it would go out every time it rained. Now we have ATT U-verse that bundles phone, Internet, and tv. We don't have any problems. Almost switched to Time Warner with this move, but we changed our minds.

Connie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good Morning
    @eyegirl777va and @CALIECAT I'm praying for your peace and safety in all the rain.

@lovesretirement congratulations on the house

I really like coming here to see how everyone is doing. Well I'm proud of myself for logging my food, but now I have to get serious about what I am eating. :/ Is any one on a certain eating plan that is working well for you or are you just all making healthy choices?
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

@Sunnyfarm, Thank you, I think the worst is over for us. We had about 7 inches of rain in a
    rather short period of time.

No plans for today.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    @Sunnyfarm Thanks you dear.
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Sunnyfarm...congrats on logging as that is the first and most important step. Perhaps just looking at what your're eating and then figure out how to make it healthier. It took me over a year to find what works for my body. Through trial and error and even eating at maintenance calories, I finally found that low carb, high fat, and moderate protein is it. I have been losing steadily around 1/2 pound a week since late October and have cut exercise time down as well. :)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, the sun is out for now, but the rain is coming back again later. Not much going on here, I ordered some things on Amazon earlier for the car my husband's building. Its still along way off from being done, it will be another couple of years.

Lately I have had a sweet tooth, I am going to get over it. I made a dump peach cobbler yesterday. I never have tried making it before, pretty easy. I get alot of recipes on facebook and I decided to try this.

I need to go run some errands, have a good weekend. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

It's raining, but the dog and I have already had a walk and we are settled in on the porch. He's loving the smells in his new environment, and I am feeling very blessed and giving Him all the praise this Sunday morning.

Make it a great Sunday, friends. If not now, when?

Connie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    aqqdsw3mloaj.jpeg

Cooper is enjoying the porch. Patio furniture to be delivered next week...brown wicker and cushions will be "chili red".
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Morning Friends,

Last day spending with my grandson, he is such a joy at 11 months and smiling all the time. My DH will be picking me up this afternoon and then heading home. He caught some perch and a rainbow trout for our dinner from ice fishing. :)

I had a great day at the AGO the Art Gallery of Ontario yesterday with my daughter
    and lunch and Isaac stayed home with his Dad.

Our weather here has been wonderful and sunny and definitely Spring in the air.

Sunny- I am trying to eat heathy and still exercising everyday. I am also reading
    a book called, The Tapping Solution(accupressure) for Weight Loss and body
    confidence. My oldest daughter sent to me and thought it would help since I am
    an emotional eater.

Connie - Your dog is so cute and looks happy in his new home.

Nancy - That sure is alot of rain you guys have gotten. Stay dry.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    The girls made it out here this morning and organized my pantry. getting riid of out dated can goods. Was a lot to throw away
    Connie cooper looks very contained there has he spy any wild creature yet. What a view he has Just love it.
    Our sun is out but a little breezy.
    Be back thru out the day to catch our game topic. with you all.

marie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi to all,

No rain today, thank goodness!!!

Connie, I really like your deck and porch. Mr. Cooper is a doll.

Shirley, Glad you had a fun visit with Isaac. I bet you spoil him when you are there. They had to close our lake to all boat traffic due to so much rain but reopened this afternoon.

Marie, Sounds like your girls got you organized today.

Hope everyone had a restful Sunday.

Nancy
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a great day even with the time change. Good night Ladies.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

back from nyc. super fun weekend, wasn't terrible with the eating but did indulge a little on desert, big surprise. we walked a ton so no formal exercise. back at it today!!

connie, cooper is so cute!! i love dogs! so nice you have a great porch! i would love to have a screened in porch, i hat eating outside with all the bugs. maybe one day, will put on my wish list.

nancy, good to see you, hope everything is going well. how is your hubby's incision healing?

sunny, so glad you came back. sounds like it has been an interesting year. we are hear if you need us!

marie, nancy and shirley, hi!!!!

off to lift weights!! have a good and productive day everyone!
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Happy Monday!

Steph..good to see you! I love NYC...used to take students on a field study there every year.

Nancy...we did not get a lot of rain..just a few showers. Saw some of the damage in your state; glad you are okay.

Sunny...the time change was weird...felt like a long-short day rolled into one!

Shirley...how was the fish?

Marie...so glad your girls made it out to help get you organized!

Janice..I love Amazon and online shopping. Hate going to stores!

I did not go to the pool today because there is just too much work to be done as we need to start cleaning the old house. I may try to do it after my personal training later on this week. It's been very warm here..seems like we skipped spring and jumped right to summer with highs in the 80s.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Morning Misfits.

We are moving closer to Easter and I hope to hit my 20 lbs loss for the year.Almost sitting on it but just a few oozes to go.
    So better get back to recording my food intake I bought a bag of small red potatoes so I wash a mess of them microwave them in a little steam bowl With a lid and a hole in the top to let out steam, Added some spices and got my hand under running water and sprinkle the bowl of potatoes So that was my lunch and a chopped salad Ice water.Will have the same tonight only I did find some vegan cheese Will sprinkle a small amount on the potatoes and add some chopped apple in my salad. for it does contain some fat.and have some green beans. with the potatoes.

I go to the doctor tomorrow. Will see about My back and neck. no blood work that I know of. That will be next month I think.

Got both TV on antenna and we cancel out Warner time cable. Just going with our Rabbit ears For now. . We can always chance it if we want too.

Staph .... hey new yorker what do you do while in NYC.? Never been there. Did get to WAsh DC once when Alice was on a job assignment 9 or 10 years ago.

Connie are you guys going to sell your old house.?

Sunnyfarm good seeing you around.

Janet hope you and your family are all OK

nancy how is your husband doing?

Love you gals a bunch
    marie