Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Monday!

It's sunny but cool today. The pollen is thick despite the little rain we had last night...sore throat for me as a result of it. Hope everyone is doing well as we head into the to week of renewed hope for all.

Make it a great day, friends!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    I got a surprise yesterday, my daughter got married Saturday evening on our new bridge. She just had a couple of friends for witnesses. She had been stressing over the cost of a wedding and location, so she just did something simple. She is real happy. I wasn't told about it until yesterday, apparently, I haven't been very supportive about them getting married. His parents weren't told either, so it is what it is.It was her 2nd one and I said I didn't have to be there, if they were doing it out of state before. Still my feelings got hurt.

I have done Atkins before and I lost alittle, it seemed I had trouble getting to where it burned the fat, I remember it said I was metabolic resistant. Which made me think I was going to never lose weight. Luckily I proved it wrong.
    Have a good day everyone, Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

A beautiful cool day for us. We have the pollen too!!! Trying to stay inside as much as I can.

Not much going on for me today, got to go to Sam's for a few things.

Hope it's a good day for you.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    not much going on here either
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Losers,

Well...what can I say it's snowing outside and cold again I refused to put my winter coat on again so I
    wore a heavy zipper sweatshirt with a hood. I guess I should have had my winter coat on because
    when I put the groceries in the car I left my keys sitting there too and shut the trunck. So... luckily
    Dave was at my BIL's house and not far to pick me up and take me home for another set of keys.

I put out some Niger seed for the finches yesterday and swept the double car garage so it looks
    a little better now. I still have reorganize things on the garage shelves but that will be on a warmer day.
    The squirrels have been at my other feeder yesterday and I was the squirrel police so that the little ones
    could have their share.

Now to practice some music before my choir practice tomorrow.

Shirley
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody
    @slw19 I will wear my outfit for Easter.
    This past weekend was very busy. I took my son to visit San Diego State University. It is 3 hour from where we live. It is a beautiful campus. We toured and went to worshops all day. He really likes the school. I hope he chooses to attend because all of his other choices are out of state. He still has 2 years of high school but I learned that we have to start preparing now. I also got sing a solo at church Sunday. I realize singing so that was fun.

Sonya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Waiting forJerry to help me with my bath. So I can go to the doctor.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Shirley...it's so hard to go back to winter wear once we start wearing spring stuff. I had to go back to long sleeves and a jacket!

Marie..hoping for a good report from the doc today.

Sunny..I know you're hoping your son stays in the state.

Working in the old house today. Sunny, cool, and pleasant.

Make it a great day, friends!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Another beautiful day. I am sitting with hubby as he gets another treatment. Been here since 10:30 and he probably has at least 3 more hours before he finishes the last IV. Looking at 5:30 I think.

Marie, Hope you are ok???

Hope it's a good day for everyone.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    A busy day of errands today and choir practice tonight with a social done by the Altos.

Our colorful past mayor Rob Ford (Toronto) passed away today at the age of 47 with two small children.
    He succumed to cancer.

Please pray for the people in the Brussels bombing today <3 .

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Been at the hospital running test . Still no word yet
    Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    OH Marie, I didn't realize you were in the hospital. I'm praying that everything will come back ok. Please let us hear from you when you can.

Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am home . Was just getting x rays today
    Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

today was a good day, all we can ask for....so sad about the bombing in brussels:( marie, hope you are feeling well! Nancy, hope the treatment went well. will check in tomorrow. spring break starts on friday, thursday is the last day of school.

i have renewed my commitment. hoping for tomorrow to be a good day also:)

thinking about all of you!!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good morning, misfits! Happy Wednesday!

Marie..hoping the X-ray is negative for whatever they are looking for.

Steph...one day at a time..good for you for recommitting!

Nancy...know you had a long day yesterday and hoping you are taking it slow today.

Ruthie...hi!

This is gym/personal training day for me. I am not really wanting to go but know I will feel better once I am finished. I am down .02 this morning and will gladly take it!

It is so sad that every few months, and especially during this week of renewed hope, that tragedy strikes the world again. Continued prayers for Brussels.

Stay strong, losers!

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Some days I just wish time would stop. I need about 10 extra days between now and April 2nd. I need to find 8 clear headbands and a black bow tie. Of course we don't have these things in this town because I spent almost 2 hours searching the town for them last night. With the way shipping is around here there is no time to order them and get them here on time and finish making what we need to make with them. And of course this was brought up last night at ballet. Not before spring break so I could have had a whole extra week to find these things and get them ordered. That makes way too much sense.

But in a happier note I am trying something new here. Someone recommended the fast metabolism diet to me. And since what I was doing just wasn't going anywhere I decided what can it hurt. I'm not going to log anything until I know it is going in the right direction but so far I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday. It could be just my wacky scale but I'm hoping it is a move in the right direction.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    The old folks made it to Walmart this morning.Jerry had to hunt for our car when we came out. Jerry let me out and then park the car and forgot what row we were in.
    I had a nap after our lunch in my chair.
    So the rest of the day be enjoying out
    antenia TV hook up. I was planning on picking up some tomato plants at Walmart but forgot it. i think it is that time here in Texas.
    have a jolly day you folks.

Marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi misfits,
    Been a busy day. We did some weeding in flower beds then rested for a bit. We then did a little shopping and then Wednesday night church. Now I am ready to get comfortable and watch tv for a little while.
    Good night.
    Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

it was a pretty good day! still taking it day by day. i am developing some new products for th cookie business so it is kind of hard when i need to taste them. i really limit it as i am trying to stay away from sugar. sugar just sends me on an all out binge. feeling more positive about the journey and back on my pony:)

marie, glad to see you are feeling ok!

hi to everyone!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie I committed myself today to leave off all flour products All sugar. I have been going overboard on them. Will just stick with beans, potatoes white and sweet , veggies and grains and fruits. Oh oh Grains is a flour products so maybe have to give up my oatmeal.Will see what this week will do by leaving it off.
    Marie