OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning OMG friends and Happy first day of Spring.

Patti or Myra or whomever can, Please someone do the goals for this week. IF all can post in all CAPS on the goal board what you want will make it easy. Sorry, just too much on my plate right now. Things getting worst. Trying to get my son to the Urgent Care this morning for something for his nerves. He is shaking so bad and is refusing. It is horrible. I am so torn and woke at 3:30a in a panic attack. I took half a Xanax to calm down and am holding it together. His son was calling all day yesterday and crying on the phone begging to talk to his dad and my son was crying and couldn't bare to talk to him and it was all so heart breaking. We are all up in arms and I never saw all this coming.

Sorry to burden you all with this but I feel like you are family too.

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Karla, so sorry to hear about this situation. Is he on any medications already? If not, will he take a Xanax of yours? Will continue to pray for a peaceful and happy outcome. Take care of yourself or you will be of no use to him and the rest of the family.

Janet, your evening out sounds like perfection. What picture did you send Karla? I want to see you too, lol. I bet you looked absolutely beautiful.

My daughter has asked me to meet someone today. It is a lady who was like a second mom her whole life. She is dying and has been asking to meet me. So I am waiting to hear when I am to meet her. It is an odd request, but as I told my daughter, if it is important to her (my daughter) I will do anything she asks of me. Today is cleaning day. Hate to come home to a messy or dirty house. Looks like we a re taking the new car for our trip. It really is in g rear shape for being 15 years old. Just needed a good cleaning. Unfortunately it belonged to smokers and it has cloth seats, hopefully a good carpet cleaning/shampooing and lots of fabreeze will help the situation.

Prayers for peace all around
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    My situation worsened. Jason is being admitted to the hospital for his nerves and secondary hypertension elevation due to his nerves. I am here by myself. Contained prayers please. He just couldn't get a grip, and the Yrgent care doctor insisted we come here immediately.

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Karla: praying for your son, you, and the rest of the family.

My mini goal is the same. DRINK MORE WATER, EAT LESS.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Strange day here. Went with my daughter to meet the woman she considered a second mother. She was pretty out of it but knew Susie was there. Susie grew up across the street and her family home was just sold. It has been sitting empty for over 4 years and needs a lot of work. The new owner was there and let us go thru the house. He was very interested in all the history she had on the house. Her family was the second owner, the house was built in 1910. It was like a peek into her childhood as she told her stories. We then went to visit her son who lives across the street from her. I got a text from her a little bit ago that the woman we went to visit passed away about 7pm. Today was the first time she has used the word mother when introducing me. She gave my name and said I was her birth mother. I could tell it was very hard, especially since she was introducing me to someone she has known almost her entire life. Becoming part of each other's lives is fraught with emotions that I can't even describe or put a name to, so different than anything I ever imagined, but all good!

Sending all my prayers to Karla and her son
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    PLEASE KEEP MY MINI-GOAL THE SAME. Thanks.

Karla, continued prayers for all and a reminder to take care of yourself too.

MaryLynn, you are so strong and smart. Smiling to know you and your beloved husband will work things through in honesty, respect and love.

Jeanette, what do the girls' dresses look like? Hope you will post photos.

Beth - great to see you!

Patti, how incredibly touching that Susie wanted her "second mother" to know that she had found you and begun a relationship. I know it was difficult for you, but I can only imagine that the woman so important in her life passed with the knowledge of your presence in Susie's life. And the childhood home tour gave you a wonderful window on her early years. What a frighteningly intense honor all that had to have been. Good luck with your trip prep.

Had a pleasant, fairly slow day. Did a quick Bed, Bath & Beyond run, did some laundry (will do sheets tomorrow), watched basketball, etc.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good Monday morning. Thank you all for hanging in there with me through all my rambling posts. The hospital ended up stabilizing him and referring us to a day program to contact today. We picked up an anxiety med yesterday and he has slept all night. Prayers worked as we all knew they would.

I'm going to work quietly on some credentialing things until they all wake up. We do have a court appearance at 8a for the first child support case and another on Wednesday.

Patti- How very, very special and how heart warming that you are becoming so special in your daughter's life. I got chills in my bones and tears in my eyes reading your post. I must tell you it has been an honor to go through this process with you the last four years, first from your sharing your life and then last year her coming into your life. Thank you so much for trusting us all so much.

Janet- Sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday, after a perfect evening. Thank you for being there for be this past few days, its means so much.

Bert- Thank you for your prayers. Did you daughter get home safe? My steps have been low with all the pressure I have been under.

I better get back to my work, but I wanted to give an update,

Karla
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Dear Friends- Sorry I was MIA over the weekend. had some things that needed my attention and I was able to write my blog yesterday but other than that little time for the computer.
    I've rededicated myself to me today- for WL and exercise and I'll be calling the doctor after 9 to find out what the heck is going on with my lungs- the weekend was exhausting- but it shouldn't have been and I cough much more than I had been. So Nurse Patti- I'll let you know.
    This group is amazing the support and love that is freely given- just re-enforces that friendships develop in the most unlikely places. For this I am eternally grateful.
    Karla- your family is in my prayers
    MaryLynn- this sound like they are looking up a bit- and you're getting some great advice. Communication is the key.
    Janet- Glad you enjoyed the concert- you deserve to have lots of fun
    Beth- good to see you post to- I'll try to find you on FB or feel free to find me- cindy kahlstrom race
    Jeannette- sorry the car bumps continue- maybe a low cost rental is the answer.
    Bert- walking in the mall is great- just think of where you were a few months ago :)
    Myra- how was space camp adventure?
    Need to run but wanted to say HI- and recommit to my good health plan.
    Cindy
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    OMG update: Monday, 3/21/16
    Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- Do Scale Peak on Thursday and Sunday
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - GET 10K STEP PER DAY
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - 5 SERVINGS OF VEGGIES AND AT LEAST ONE FRUIT PER DAY.
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - Eat and Track 3 Meals
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water and get 10K steps each day.
    Eniads- Diane - MD - TRACK EVERYTHING I PUT IN MY MOUTH.
    LCUConley - Lisa - ON - Track No Matter What
    68Myra - Myra - NC - log all food, just for kicks
    Blessed Beyond- Vikki - VA - workout 4 days a week, 4 days cardio, 3 days strength training; come in under calorie goal 5 days this week
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -Rebuild Cardio daily and Lifting 3 days
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- EAT 4 VEGGIES A DAY
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -80 OZ WATER DAILY, 6 WORKOUTS, TRACK EVERYTHING
  • 68myra
    Options
    good morning to you all. My little ones are out of school for the next two weeks, so I stayed in bed too long. that sounds kinda restful, but it’s not so good for my head, so I’ll have to come up with a way to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning.

Cindy- i’m very encouraged to hear you are calling the dr. today. your OMG family has been worried about you! my daughter LOVED space camp, and has informed us that it was just “part” of what they offer….. the “real” space camp has so much more! LOL

Karla- yikes. I’m glad the hospital was able to stabilize Jason. I must have missed a post about his separation….. he must feel like the rug has been taken out from under him. i will continue thinking and praying for him and all affected. thanks for the update. try to meditate or some other stress reliever…. if for no other reason than the sake of your eye. as for me, i’m occasionally having some good “hours”….. i’ll take what i can get and ride it out. I’ll look up that eagle’s next today :)

Janet- When i grow up… i’m going to attend concerts like you! lol, seriously though, I am enjoying hearing about your musical adventures. (I grew up playing the piano, and I have a BA in Music from Florida State) an enjoyable meal with a friend is just icing on the cake, so to speak. OH, thanks for the eagle link. I will admit I have not looked yet, but I’m sure I will show my girls over the next couple weeks off school!!!!

MaryLynn- I’m so glad our little group here is helpful to you! It sounds like you have a wonderful marriage, and i’m very happy for you!

Patti- wow…. Janet’s description of “frighteningly intense honor” hits the nail on the head. thank you for sharing it with us. I truly enjoy hearing all the stories about you and your mom. Like Jeanette, my relationship with my own mother isn’t quite that warm and fuzzy ;) It has vastly improved over the last decade or so, and i’m grateful for that. What a great way for Edd to commemorate your friend’s birthday with his son. I don’t think i’ve mentioned that I also ride. My husband has ridden all his life, and has a couple bikes. I took a safe riding course about 8 years ago and I ride a Triumph. I love riding (short distances), and I’m so glad the weather is warming up! I was glad to read your friend’s surgery went so well. (and congrats on scoring at kohl’s!)

Beth- I’m so sorry to hear of your continued headaches. My sister battles headaches, but the migraines incapacitate her…. she’s on the couch until her self-given shot takes effect. I feel for you and hope they magically disappear when the work stress does!

Jeanette- sorry about the vehicle thing. I’ve been in that situation before, when my older kids were little, and it was no fun. Hopefully the time will pass quickly and you’ll have your second ride back again. I must admit I appreciate your comment about what i said to MaryLynn. It may not look like it, but the subject is VERY difficult for me and i spent a lot of time in therapy discussing it. (I was sexually abused by an old male neighbor when i was very young) on a happier note… clothes becoming more comfortable is cause for celebration: congrats! I’m glad you are enjoying your time off… and best of luck finding a practicum. been there, and i remember the logistical difficulty! good luck, also, with the conversation with your parents about housing. I know that will take a bunch of “intestinal fortitude”

Bert- I hope you had a great visit with your daughter. also, i was thinking…. you will never really understand all the humans you are reaching by mentoring your student teachers. hats off to you! I’ve just scrolled back a bunch and found your question: I have pain in L5, (possibly L4?) especially with extension. my original “injury” was caused by sneezing while in flexion (i was bent over the sink, washing my face). that healed nicely, i thought…. then in yoga we were doing an extension exercise and the pain returned. not with a “pop” like before, but i knew better than to continue the exercise. that was ten days ago, and back extension still hurts a little, so i know i can’t do any kind of movement that will jar my spine. this too shall pass.

one of my sleeping beauties has arisen! time for brunch!
    Myra
  • luzingg
    Options
    Karla, praying continues for a good outcome in court. Hate that it has taken such a toll on you and Jason. Sounds like the meds helped some.

Cindy, I am so relieved to hear you are checking in with the Dr. This illness has just lingered far too long.

Myra, my heart broke as I read your post about your abuse as a child. I was fortunate, if that makes any sense, that my rapist knocked me unconscious before he raped me. I have lived with my issues as a result but can only imagine how much worse it could have been. I shudder to even think of it. Thank you for updating the OMGs. You are quicker than me, lol.

Need to get stuff done today. Want to spend time with Mom tomorrow since we will be gone for 2 weeks. I want to tell her I person about my time with Susie yesterday. Funny thing is that my daughter Susie is so much like my sister Susie that we both are questioning who really gave birth to her, lol. I am still in shock that we are building a life together and that I have a grandson to boot that wants me to be a part of his life. Finally met my daughter's husband. A very nice, normal and friendly guy who just doesn't like to be in social situations. So at least I know she is not married to some crazy ax murderer, lol.

Gotta put it in gear or I will be packing into the night. I want to get to the gym today and tomorrow, so need to make things happen today.
    Patti

PS I just watched momma eagle feed her 2 chicks. Thank you again Janet for this link. I am loving it and log on whenever I am near a computer.

• 68myra
    Options
    Janet- now my two youngsters and I got to watch the momma eagle feed her babies..... lots of "awwww"s going on here.... and they giggled when one of the chicks reached up and then fell over. shortly after, momma decided it was nap time, lol. thanks so much for this link!
    Myra
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends. Glad you're enjoying the eagle cams -- I keep going back to see what they're up to. Even just watching the breeze gently rugffle a few feathers is a great break from daily stressors.

Karla, thinking of you and Jason. Glad you all got some rest but I know there's a heck of a week ahead. Take care of yourself.

Cindy -- Glad you are calling the doc -- hoping there's a med that will help you kick the last of this to the curb.

Beth -- How awful about the headaches. I occasionally get migraines and they are the opposite of fun.

Myra -- When you grow up? My goal is never to do that ... Enjoy spring break with the kids == sleeping in a bit should be a treat. A year and a half ago I had fusions at L3-4 and 4-5 so can relate to back pain. The mom stuff was intense and often very unpleasant for me too, and left serious scars on my self-image, which I do my best to fight daily. Hugs.

Patti, glad you met Susie's husband. And thank you for sharing that process with all of us. I know your mom will relish more Patti time before you leave!

My house cleaner is here -- postponed from ten days ago. She's such a good, kind person too. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Tomorrow will be very busy -- routine bloodwork for primary care appointment in the morning and routine vet visit for Theo in the afternoon, assuming I can get him picked up and into the carrier. Bella goes back for bloodwork recheck on Saturday. Hoping that'll be the last of vet trauma for all of us for awhile.

Have a great day!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I hope all is going well on another Monday morning! This week is spring break here so I don't work at all. I'll be trying to get in some extra exercise, sewing the dresses and maybe some cleaning around here...we'll see about that one.

MaryLynn – I am so glad that you are working through this situation with your husband. Sure seems like you two are drawing even closer through this time in your lives; a wonderful thing :smile:

Karla, I am so sorry to hear about your families’ struggles! I have been praying for you, your son, and your family through this very hard time. Thank you for sharing with us please keep us posted. I know it is hard to remember to take care of yourself when you are so worried about others, but remember that to be the best help you have to be at your best; which means taking care of yourself as well.

Beth – thanks for checking in and the Facebook friending. I sure hope you can figure out the headaches/migraines soon and so you can function normally. Pain like that sure makes life difficult!

Patti- what a wonderful day with your daughter! What a true blessing to be able to get to know her and your grandson! It sure sounds like you will be able to continue to grow together as time goes on. Have a wonderful time on your trip; I look forward to hearing stories about it when you get back (unless you plan on keeping us updated as you go?)

Janet – your dinner with your friend sounds fantastic. I married a “red-neck” who claims not like cultured stuff like concerts but as we get older he is realizing he actually does like “that kind of thing” so we are hoping to someday go to concerts and jazz bars and things of that sort. I am not much of a seamstress so the dresses will be simple sun dresses. Andrea asked me the other day if I wanted to take the baby (Avery) to church on Easter…so I will for sure be getting pictures of the girls together in their dresses :smile:

Cindy – I am glad you are going to get checked out to make sure you don’t need some extra help to completely heal up; please let us know what the doc says. Our finances are pretty tight here; like it is a good thing we got taxes back or we might not be able to pay our bills this month, so a car rental is not a possibility. We will suffice with the one car for a few weeks, and I will practice being thankful that we have a car at all.

Myra – I have been in a similar situation, where the illness took everything and I had nothing to give to my husband; but I, like you, decided to never say “no”….I just didn’t know how to say that and you did it so well. I am so sorry to hear you were abused as a child; we are just recently finding out that my brother was abused as well but he was very young and had suppressed it. He is getting excellent counseling and being able to move past it now. As far as my parents go, that has been in my prayers just about constantly; I sure hope to come up with a good solution that makes us all comfortable.

Diane – hope all is going well for you; I don’t remember you saying you were on a trip this past weekend but maybe you are working on that house some more? (I can’t remember, nephew’s house? Son’s house?) In any case, I hope you are not too stressed at work, or overdoing it helping others afterward.

I suppose I ought to get to it, I have a decent sized to do list for myself today exercise, laundry, hubby's school work, cutting out patterns grocery shopping and practice driving with my daughter. Since I don't have to work I should be able to get through it ok. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm up early today as I have an early visit. Then I'll have the rest of the day to myself. I'm not sure what is in store for the rest of the day, but I'm sure I'll fill it up.

Bert
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Sorry for being so quiet lately - I've been reading but am trying to limit my social media time. I've got a lot of things going on right now, and am short handed at work so putting in lots of extra hours.

Karla, prayers for your family!
  • 68myra
    Options
    good morning OMG ladies! I woke up hungry today. first time in months. this is good. :)

Patti- i can't remember when you are leaving for FL, but safe travels to you! i believe this is great timing for you to just get away for awhile, hopefully in a vehicle no longer smelling of smoke.

Patti & Jeanette- abuse of children is so rampant.... and in some places even worse for older women. it's hard to find someone who hasn't been affected by it in some way or another. i've read and heard of FAR worse than what i experienced, but these things affect us all in different ways, psychologically. it is what it is, and i'm sure you both already know that. As for my mother..... she did the best she could, and still does ;) Her childhood in Germany during the war would make anybody's skin crawl. She is therefore clueless as to how some of her statements would affect a young child and it shall remain that way. I've gone too far in the opposite direction with regards to raising my own children. they have a therapy fund. HAHA.

Janet- HAHA on your goal to never grow up ;) maybe THAT's what's wrong with me! btw, now i'm determined to keep checking on the nest in hopes of seeing baby daddy ;)

Bert- I'm sure you will make it a great day!

Diane- no apology necessary. I need to limit social media as well. and i don't hold down a full-time job! do what you need to for YOU, my friend.

off to physical therapy,
    Myra
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Well I am working from home for a couple of days. The doctor said I have RAD and still have the viral infection. RAD is reactive airway disease- or something like that. It is something like asthma trigger by viral illness. I have to use my inhaler every 4 hours until the cough lessens and then wean back to every 6 hours. Get more sleep than I have been getting as it just isn't enough- he wanted me to be completely off work- but I didn't want to burn 3 vacation days on illness- so I talked to my boss and I came up with the work from home stuff. Basically emails and I have two conference calls tomorrow but I can work,shut down, rest and do more emails later in the day. I keep up with work and hopefully doing it this way I won't lose the vacation time I want later in the year. Also I don't feel sick enough to really think I need to be home. But I have to admit staying on top of the inhaler since last night and sleeping 10 hours did make a bit of a difference. So I guess that's a good thing.
    I'll be back later for personals.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Quick stop. Need to hit the grocery for a few things, including some flowers for mom. Poor substitute for my presence the next two weeks but it will brighten her day and her apartment. Everything is packed. The camping gear is already in the car. Just need to throw in the suitcases, ditty bags and electronics. Leaving at 4 am. Need to take Frankie to our son's tonight and I think we are good to go. Edd still has lots to do. Putting on a hitch, fix radiator, get out the bikes and make sure they are ready to ride, load the npbikes and motorcycle on the trailer and pack his clothes. I'd feel sorry for him but he is the one that decided to drive a car we just bought on Saturday on a 2000 mile trip when the truck just needed to be cleaned out. But this is so typical for him and he never complains, seriously he never says he is tired or over worked or that I am not pulling my weight.

Diane, so glad just to know you are doing ok. No worries.

Karla, hope you can stop by with an update and let us know you are ok

Myra, I am so obsessed with the eagles. Check in whenever I am near a computer. Have seen both eagles and watched then feed the young ones. I did not realize the chicks get their food whole, not predigested like other birds. I am learning a lot. Can now tell mom from dad. The chicks are just so cute.

waving hi to the rest of the crew. Will check back later and then will be off the grid for most of my trip. It is a "people intensive" vacation and want to give my all, be present in every way.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. It has been very intense. Yesterday'.s court was intense, it was continued until May 2nd. She pranced by Jason fully pregnant again at 35 years old, number 4, grinning. Evidently they are stringing it out waiting for Jason to return to work. He see's another lawyer today on another subpoena, which is the real worry we have had brought up. We are getting ready to go to that now. All prayers and prayer list requested.

Karla

PS( My eye is starting to go down, I just pray I can go to Bham on Friday, it all depends on what happens today)