NSV's

Options

Replies

• chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    A1C has gone from 8.2 to 5.8. WOOT! Dr. says I am now officially not diabetic anymore, just have pre-diabetes. YAY!

And I think I'm finally in a size 14. Testing that theory out this weekend when I go clothes shopping. 3 more sizes and I can wear my god daughter's clothes LOL.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have one! My sister who god bless is very blunt and honest about everything no matter positive or negative said to me last Em your belly is looking so flat!! :smiley: and then I proceeded to show her some yoga moves...then I said I think my thighs look smaller. So I showed her, and she said where is your cellulite! I said it's still there...she said no it's not...so WOOT WOOT!!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11 and I have lost 24 pounds...I am in smaller clothes etc...but no one ever mentions it...until this weekend! My mother in law was shocked at how much smaller I was Saturday...my sister in law had lots of questions about what I ate. Then Sunday my father in law noticed! Finally! Weird how when you are short 5 pounds looks like 50 going on but somehow no one notices it coming off...lol

Also I have been able to start some trail running again which has not been possible with my RA for the past year. So far I've gotten 3 runs in and fingers crossed I can keep it up! Plus so far it's been easier and I'm running more and walking less than when I ran regularly! Woo hoo.

Tuesday I had to run to the grocery store while in my running clothes and for the first time I wasn't self conscious. I felt like people seeing me would assume I was planning on working out instead of just wearing stretchy pants which is how I used to feel people would view me in exercise wear!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Dropping a waist size just as I need to pick up some new dress pants. I was starting to believe I'd never get a 34 waist again. Add a few compliments to that and I'm feeling pretty good coming into spring and summer.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My NSV is much needed as my scale is being rude these days. :) I had to change my jeans twice this morning because my regular ones are not going to stay up. So far I had been able to wear the same size (loosely) plus one size smaller, but now I really can't wear those 12s (others I can). So that's good, right, even though it's annoying to have less to choose from.
  • retro_belle24
    retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My NSV is two things: 1) I resisted temptation at my office. The office had dark chocolate yesterday and today girl scout cookies. I was "jokingly" being peer pressured to join in but I stay strong.

2) I completed my first real tough workout at my gym. It was a circuit training. I thought I was going to die half way through and had no clue there was 6 rounds but I hung in there. I'm actually looking forward to the next class
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I unpacked my old suits a few weeks ago and had them all dry cleaned as I'm losing weight and was hoping to fit into some old clothes soon. Was getting dressed for a job interview this morning and found that everything fits me now and I'm totally drowning in my newer suits and can't wear them anymore. Yay for my new (old) wardrobe! I was able to button up jackets that I haven't worn in about 7 years.
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did not eat popcorn at the movie's tonight.

So many of my NSV's are about not eating carby food --- each time does feel like a victory worth celebrating to me though! I have a calendar up on my wall, and I put a fun sticker on top of each day that I'm successful in sticking within my calorie and macro intentions.
    @olivebeanhealthy I love that sticker idea! Fun visual!

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    suesuarez wrote: »
    I did not eat popcorn at the movie's tonight.

So many of my NSV's are about not eating carby food --- each time does feel like a victory worth celebrating to me though! I have a calendar up on my wall, and I put a fun sticker on top of each day that I'm successful in sticking within my calorie and macro intentions.
    @olivebeanhealthy I love that sticker idea! Fun visual!

I love that idea too! I think it's so important to celebrate every win! All those little battles won are a big deal and you deserve to feel proud of them! :smile:
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ive recently shrunk out of the last business suit that fit me. Went to buy a couple of new ones and was expecting to need a size 50 regular but turned out the 48R was what I really needed. Before going LCHF I was looking at 54R, so the change is dramatic. Also, everything now fits a looks better. At the larger sizes I always end up looking a bit sloppy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    My Director, who hasn't seen me since before I dropped below 300, looked at me and looked away truly not recognizing me. She kept hearing my voice, but when she turned around, she didn't see the me she knew. Finally, I spoke directly to her and she was gobsmacked. For a full minute, she just stared. And then she cried, because she was so happy.

I'm noticing my belly pooch is lessening. I doubt I'll have a flat belly without surgery, but it's nice to see it getting smaller.

I've started running just because I can. I don't mean "running for exercise" which I've been doing for a few months now, but running just because I can. I need to get from Point A to Point B. If I'm wearing the right shoes, I'll run just because I can. I'm feeling very "Forrest Gump" these days.

That is just awesome, @ki4eld! I was like that before my knee flared up (the running thing), so I'm hoping once I drop another 50 some odd pounds that my knee might be able to handle it again... I miss doing just that - running because I can...

That the belly pooch shrinking - that's just amazing. Got a tear in my eye with you describing your director's reaction...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Tears here too for your awesome experience @ki4eld!!
  • Fvaisey
    Options
    My Director, who hasn't seen me since before I dropped below 300, looked at me and looked away truly not recognizing me. She kept hearing my voice, but when she turned around, she didn't see the me she knew. Finally, I spoke directly to her and she was gobsmacked. For a full minute, she just stared. And then she cried, because she was so happy.

I'm noticing my belly pooch is lessening. I doubt I'll have a flat belly without surgery, but it's nice to see it getting smaller.

I've started running just because I can. I don't mean "running for exercise" which I've been doing for a few months now, but running just because I can. I need to get from Point A to Point B. If I'm wearing the right shoes, I'll run just because I can. I'm feeling very "Forrest Gump" these days.

That is really wonderful.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

Wow! What an awesome reaction! Most people have to be shown a photo of me from before to prove there's been any change. ;)
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @ki4eld thats a wonderful NSV! How uplifting!

I had an NSV today but not directly related to my WOE. My wife and I have sold our house and will soon move to a Condo. Downsizing is something we are looking forward to, but it had one major downside. The building we are moving to doesn't have natural gas hookups for the units meaning I wouldn't be able to grill. However, today I found out that I can have a Big Green Egg charcoal bbq! I've wanted one forever but didn't want to pay the big bucks. Well, now I am stoked and will be running out to get one asap!! Love me a charbroiled steak!
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have the best NSV I've had so far!

My thyroid medication was reduced because of my LCHF diet!! My doctor did thyroid bloodwork right before I started my diet, and we did thyroid bloodwork again at the six-week mark. My numbers were much lower than they had been, which resulted in my medication being reduced! Yeeeeeah buddy!
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing thread, well done all of you, I haven't read all 48 pages but will as soon as I am lurking on here again. By the way what does NSV actually stand for? I know it is an advantage, but the words are? ( all the americanisms confuse me from time to time, :lol:) I also agree we should have a thumbs up on here.
  • Fvaisey
    Options
    tishball wrote: »
    This is an amazing thread, well done all of you, I haven't read all 48 pages but will as soon as I am lurking on here again. By the way what does NSV actually stand for? I know it is an advantage, but the words are? ( all the americanisms confuse me from time to time, :lol:) I also agree we should have a thumbs up on here.

Lurk all you want! NSV stands for Non-Scale Victory. Good things that happen because of the switch to LCHF that are not the number on the scale. Health benefits, physical, mental, emotional...

For instance congrats @ambergem1969 on the new wardrobe!