Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was quiet and peaceful.

We have cut the grass, edged, done weed eating and blown off all grass clippings by 10am.
    Now a bath and rest for a bit.

Looks like rain for us.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

We were in London, ON for the weekend and it snowed while having our coffee looking out the window that was Sunday.

We arrived Friday and could sit outside until Aline's hubby got home from work but Saturday temps starting dropping. We went out dinner at pizza place and pub and met another couple we knew. During the day we did the Western Fair which has it all and upstairs all kinds of booths with all kinds of goodies, crafts, jewelery and anything imaginable. I bought some slippers for Isaac with Darth Veder on them and they shine in the dark. I bought some coconut creams, shampoo and an edible spray which is supposed to help the digestive system. We had a nice visit and the cold weather followed us home.

Cold today and sunny. Dave is working on the boat today and I will be doing laundry and later have to go to the bank and get some gas in my car and a walk.

Better get moving.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    well are you ready for my lunch meal photo
    Grilled steam potatoes with ketchup and onions

3zvwoagk2z5n.jpg
    [
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, Looks delicious!!!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! I'm here for what seems like my quarterly check-in! ;)

As of Monday I'm back to calorie counting. I had set a weight in my head that was not "acceptable" to cross (155 lbs.), and last week I was starting to feel bleh, so I decided to climb on the calorie-counting wagon again. I weighed myself that day, and I was exactly at my "do not cross" weight, 155 lbs. I'm glad I had already felt to do something before weighing myself. The motivation was there first, which is good! So this means I've gained 20 lbs. back from my lowest. After moving last year, I stopped counting calories, and we all know what happened next. :P

I think last time I was here I was starting a new job. After 3 weeks of that, I left that employer. They way they ran things was very bad. They liked to try verbal abuse and intimidation to keep people "in line". Luckily I had the choice whether or not to be there, unlike most of my coworkers, so I left.
    I was given an opportunity in my field about a week after that, and I wasn't too excited to take it. But it has turned out to be the best job I've ever had, so far. I've been at this job for 2 1/2-3 months now. I was initially supposed to be a 2 week temp. employee, but they extended me to June, and then to next January, and now I am told I will be hired on as an actual employee of the company around September. It's a great place to work, and I'm very grateful this opportunity fell in my lap. I will graduate in December, and to graduate with a full-time position in my field is perfect.
    My husband has also moved on to a better job since last time I was here. :)

Weight loss will be slower this time since I won't be getting the exercise I used to (desk job, school), and I will be counting calories on weekdays and not counting on weekends. I'm optimistic though! It's been pouring rain and will continue to for the next couple weeks, but when the sun comes out I'll be glad I started again.

Connie, your house is beautiful! I hope we'll get to see the inside when it's all done. I love seeing other people's houses. :)

Marie, your tater tots look good!

I'm very glad to see you all still here!

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Ray-It looks like you and your husband have been up to alot of changes, it sounds like it was a good decision. Don't feel alone about gaining, I am up some too, around 7 pounds, I haven't weighed since at the Doctors last week and it was 186, and I was in the high 170's. I have continued counting and obviously I have went over and eating back exercise calories, plus not as cautious as before. Good luck I know you will get those pesky pounds off. The gloomy, cool weather around here has been awful. It's suppose to get better next week.

I had ground turkey tacos for lunch and for supper we are having chili, that I took out of freezer, like I said it's cold here. I hope everyone is doing good. I haven't gotten my results from my latest pap yet, hopefully later today. It took a week the first time. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Afternoon,

Ray - Nice to see you check in, lots of changes in your lives but good ones.
    Keep checking when you can. As far as weight goes, we are all still here.

I just finished my walk and thinking of making some chili in the crock pot and I use turkey instead of ground beef. I have to pick up a few things, I broke my hand mirror to look at the back of my hair, so I will pop into the dollar store later. I still have to take down laundry and I changed the sheets and have to make the bed.

A beautiful day and Dave is back at the boat. He was going to go Friday but we have to go to a funeral for a friend's mom.

I saw a video on Facebook this morning from a doctor on why people can't lose wait. She gave all the ins and outs and said stay away from whole wheat bread, yogurt and cereal bars. We all know they contain sugar. She said make sure if anything you take a probiotic at least 10 million and 10 strains.
    Another thing was digestive enzymes. The short of it was we can't lose weight because of our digestive systems are not working properly. Just a little info if you see on Facebook ready it, its very interesting.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Ray, So good to have you check in with us. Sounds like you have been busy.

I sat with Ben while he got another treatment. The treatment took 4+ hours. We have a tv and of course my phone. He usually sleeps most of the time.

I am going to put some pork chops on the grill and have green beans and sweet potatoes for our evening meal. Love the gas grill and use it almost every night.

Hope you have had a good day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I Ray so great seeing you.. Hope you can fine the time to drop in more

Nancy hope Ben is doing fine. I know it worry.You out sitting around waiting for it to be all over
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Ray...glad you are doing well! It's always good to hear from you. We are making progress despite the highs and lows which means we are a dedicated group!

Nancy...I love the gas grill, too. It's so easy. Hope Ben is doing well this morning.

Janice/Shirley...chili sounds good and when it cools off and rains this weekend, I may pull a batch from the freezer.

Marie...how are your kittens? You have not mentioned them in a while.

We had lots of rain yesterday, and it is muggy today. Taking Cooper to the vet for his annual checkup and vaccinations. This is a new vet who is a lot closer to us. I was planning on changing him because the other one was so far out. Moving gave me a good reason to finally do it. I am cutting back a little this week in an effort to get over this bump that is blocking my way into
    Onederland. I'm still 3 pounds shy of 199 but know it will happen soon.

Make it a great day, losers! If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

ray, so good to see you!! glad to hear you found a great job!!

connie, have you tried having dome healthy carbs like sweet potato, brown rice or oats early in the day? you might just mix it up. i am the worst at this but people swear by it! resetting your metabolism with one meal a week....

nancy, hope ben is doing well

shirley good to see you!

janice, please let us know what you hear from the doc, my fingers are crossed.

i am not sure that i am on a challenge this time as i haven't really made a dent:( i have cut back my cardio and have fluctuated a few lbs. i am not sure what to try except not cheating!!

hope all of you are hanging in there!!

Stephanie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Ray- welcome back.

Marie - loving your meal pictures.

Connie, Shirley, Nancy, Steph, Janice, Esther: good morning!

Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Here is my breakfast this morning I order me a oiless fryer this morning. will get it Monday Then I can cook my potatoes fries easy.

oh bye the way the 30 days challenge on the starch solutions diet was 7 lbs for the month not bad eating potatoes on all 3 meals everyday huh!

xsmgca46tibh.jpg

oven fried potatoes, tomatoes an texas sweet onions

marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie...your taters look sooooo good.

It's raining here today so no dog walking. I do not have anything major planned but may go to the store later. Going back to basics this week with mindful eating (no handfuls of mixed nuts) weighing, measuring has paid off...I am down 1.2 this morning weighing in at 200.8! :)

Make it a great day, friends!
    Connie

• eyegirl777va
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good morning,

Connie, Great news!!! Way to go........

Not much planned today, just some house cleaning.

Marie, Your tater diet is really working for you.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie WTG So close to reach you currant goal. That what we are working for. We all are or we would not be here-.Congrats My dear
    My meals today. Breakfast....1 steamed potato, frozen mixed veggies, beets , Water
    Lunch.... ! steamed potatoes. ear of corn no butter , collard greens beets Water
    Dinner....2 Grilled steamed potatoes, Grilled onions slice slice tomatoes and Collards greens,water i do not used a drop of oil butter avacoda or any kind of fat in my meals No animal no dairy,. My starches is Beans, Brown rice, millet.white and sweet potatoes, Corn
    Marie
    My mini goal 169
    CW..................177.8 .....5/19/16
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Marie........ So glad the spuds are working for you. I'm so glad to see things are going so well for you.

I have been keeping busy as usual. As my grandpa called me Powerful Katrinka.... Has been hitting the weights at the rec center. My hubby came home after 14 days out and swears I lost sizes. I didn't yet however I have so much more muscle definition now.

Ruthie...... How is that Alaska cruise planning going? Hopefully going well. Any questions fire at me. I will do my best to answer them. And if you come to town here I can give you guys the royal tour and show you all the insider places to go to see the real town. Not just the commercial crap.

Esther
    Ps when I fire up the computer next I will post a few pics of the ballet performance. It was awesome
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

So happy to see some losses, Connie and Marie!
    Measuring pays off, for sure! I ordered a new food scale from Amazon this morning, so I'm excited for that to arrive. It's supposed to be very precise weighing, it is a food/jewelry scale. I found out my current food scale is malfunctioning and weighing heavy objects as light weight.

My husband is doing MyFitnessPal with me this time. He's not heavy at all, he carries muscle and has always been fit, but he's up a handful of pounds from his High School weight. Haha. It's nice to have him doing this along with me though, we compare calorie count vs. goal each night when I get home.
    Hopefully not counting on the weekends will actually work for me. I know I'll end up consuming back the calories I didn't eat throughout the week, but I'm hoping it might work like the diet plan where you throw in high calorie days to get your metabolism going. We'll see. If I can lose 4 lbs. a month I'll be at my very lowest goal in time for graduation in December. That would be nice! :)

The sun is out today, so that's very exciting for these parts! I'm looking forward to being off work in a few hours and stopping by a new "Farmer's Market" themed grocery store down the road from work. They have excellent produce prices. I stocked up for the week on $.77 blueberries and $88. per lb. apples earlier in the week, and I have some cherries from there for a snack today. :) Planning on grabbing some salad essentials.

Hope everyone is having a good, successful day!

-Rachel
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Rachel i am a member of My fitness pal , have been for almost 9 years. I made lots of wonderfull friends there and we do a lot of chatting but not much weight lost. I founded the golden sneakers for seniors and it is still going good.

Your Farmers market sounds great. Wish we had one like that

Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ray......... You are so lucky to have a farmers market so close. Mine is 600+ miles away. I will be stocking up on blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and hopefully raspberries next month when I am down to see the doc again. I get what I can freeze and eat on all year round. Right now for me the cheapest apples in town are $1.58 a pound. And they are mealy. I hate mealy apples. It is like eating sand.

Esther