Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) Much cooler today which makes it possible to open the windows and get some fresh air!! Babe asked me to go let Daisy out this afternoon while he watches his granddaughter in a softball tournament. If they win their first game they will play in the championship game which is too far for Babe to run home and let Daisy out. I was going to go to the pool but once done with Daisy I think I will go to see how the house is coming along.
    They had furniture delivered yesterday and Robby now has a regular bed to sleep.

Anne, I too have to make a list for things I want to do and/or buy. I do check my calendar for appointments and occasions but I write things down on my board as I remember them so as not to forget them. LOL I love when I go to the store and forget the one thing I went for, talk about being blonde!!

Jackie, all rested and ready to go. I didn't sleep well at the hotel because the people next to me were talking so loud and I am a light sleeper. I bet George is upset with all the new babies, he loves running free and they are invading his space.

Marie, even I have to say your lunch looks good and I don't like beans. 60 years with the same man, I find that amazing!! Glad all is good again with Jerry, he must have just been tired.

Phoebe, oh my goodness, I bet you were in a state of panic until you found her and I bet she was even happier to see you!! Glad she is okay and I am sure Jim is relieved to know she was fine.

Patsy, I wonder if my son and his wife were at the Rose Festival, I will have to ask. I have seen a lot of the gardens and they are just beautiful. Such a description of such a cutie putie!!!

Buzz, it was my sister's granddaughter who got married and I am sure my sister was there in spirit as well as my mom. It was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful time. I just got a happy birthday message from a friend on my phone and told her you do know my birthday is in March. She said well then don't expect to hear from me in March. lol

Lin, how did you install FilmOn Television to Roku? I searched for it but got no results. I was able to put it on my phone but would like it on my Roku, a little help please. Speaking of cars I have to take mine for an emissions test before renewing my license sticker. Personally, I just give checks for weddings and a gift for the bridal shower.

Jeri, it was wonderful news from your doctor and now you can relax again until next year. It still amazes me that your daughter has nine children. I think Lisa would love the same but my son is a different story. Enjoy them, you know how fast they grow.

Shirley, forgot your plans for the weekend but hope you are out sailing and having a wonderful time.

Marcella, I think you are at your cabin also I hope having a wonderful time.

Linda, hope you will check in soon.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    :) Hi I am working this week so I will be in and out
    It has already been a long weekend I have been at the group home since Friday all day and night I will get a bit of a break Monday when they all three go to their programs and I have all women with very different levels of retardation but mostly sweet but has one who can get very loud!! What do you do when you have a medications that can cause weight gain? I know that things that I have wrong I have to take at least one or two medicines that will cause me to gain weight but I'm thinking if it caused me to gain weight is because it's what I put in my mouth so I put it in don't put it in my mess up that made me gain weight so that's the question of my life? I have social fears I don't like to be around a lot of people so I'm having a party tonight why I'm really not sure but my good friend is retiring here at workso I felt like I needed to do something so wish me luck Linda
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    "Lin, how did you install FilmOn Television to Roku? I searched for it but got no results. I was able to put it on my phone but would like it on my Roku, a little help please."

I have an app on my phone called Private Channel Guide for Roku by Pathway Group LLC. So collect your login information for your Roku...open the phone app, type in the channel you're looking for in the search section. Click on it and I believe you just use the "+" and your login information to add it. I used to add private channels by finding the code to add and go through the laptop (Roku acccount login). If you cannot find it quickly in the channel add on Roku, I think the phone app will be the easiest way.

I am really loving this on my iPad.

More later.

Linda, all best wishes to you at the party this evening!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Well, now Ive forgotten what I wanted to sy to some of you, that's me, Marie! lol.
    Marie, if this is the beginning of something=with Jerry, it will likely develop slowly. For example, my aunt had already begun to show signs at least five or more years ago. And that means she had been hiding what she could for much longer than that. (She has always lived alone).
    (Skip this part about my aunt if you want)
    When I visited her, she said she was going home on June 17. She also said she had only been there for a week. In spite of these things as well as not remembering much about her hospital trip before being brought by me to the nursing home, she appeared very well rested and alert. She gets up and down like she used to. She never once mentioned any pain, so I didn't ask about her back pain. So, the issue now is her mind and not so physical, but she won't be going home. Her daughter is packing her apartment, I returned her cable boxes, and tried to empty the canned goods and over the counter meds , per my cousins request. I was delayed by her neighbor, wanting to ask about my aunts progress, etc. So I missed an awful lot of the canned goods and pills too. There are pill bottles on every table top and shelf. I emptied a cabinet of all the canned goods, and ffound a large shelf in the laundry room packed full of all kinds of cans.. sigh.. I did what I could.
    Jackie, I'm not so sure about rain in Oregon being warm. I guess you get used to it and it isn't too cold. Personally, if it is raining and less than 70 degreesF, I gget chilled.
    Take care of that playful George, or should I nickname him Curious George? My late in laws had an adorable dog, a poodle mutt mix named Tiny Tim. Not really so very tiny. He loved to go into the pasture, grab the cows tail in his mouth and swing away.. I never got to see it, I would have loved to.
    Most of my post is underlined in red for whatever reason. I'm going to post this in case.
    have a wonderful week
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    "Lin, how did you install FilmOn Television to Roku? I searched for it but got no results. I was able to put it on my phone but would like it on my Roku, a little help please."

I have an app on my phone called Private Channel Guide for Roku by Pathway Group LLC. So collect your login information for your Roku...open the phone app, type in the channel you're looking for in the search section. Click on it and I believe you just use the "+" and your login information to add it. I used to add private channels by finding the code to add and go through the laptop (Roku acccount login). If you cannot find it quickly in the channel add on Roku, I think the phone app will be the easiest way.

Sandy - I just found this info online:

FilmOn.TV

FilmOn.TV
    Hundreds of options all on One channel
    THIS PRIVATE CHANNEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
    Options
    That post went thru, so I'll say a bit more, :p
    Sandy, I'm sure you will be very welcomed by Rob and Lisa as they have much to do. Robby will want to show his Nanna his room!! Daisy will be so glad to see you. :open_mouth:

having trouble again, crazy emoticons popping up, so b:pensive:
    Options
    p.s. Lin, I've read the critters don't like mint. maybe plant a bit of mint in the pot or use essential oil on cotton balls.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Our son is in the process of buying the sailboat and it is a large boat by my standards. It is a Catalina 42 ft. Sailboat. It is large enough for him to have several friends on board. The funny thing is that the first thing he attended to was life jackets for his dogs. Delivery of the boat to the Portland area is going to be interesting. He has to hire a special delivery pilot to sail the boat over the bar and actually the entire trip from Tacoma, WA to Portland. The bar can be very tricky for a sailboat and the Columbia coming into the ocean is experiencing heavy plus tides, big swells and rough water. SCARY!

Katie is getting to be a little easier to handle. She is learning to come and stay. Not so easy for a 4 month old. She has stopped the biting, actually the vet said she wasn't really biting , she was mouthing. She is investigating everything with her mouth. She had little sharp teeth that snagged on everything, like our clothes and unfortunately, our skin. She has lost a lot of her baby teeth and is growing her new adult teeth. Don't you just love new doggy owners and new parents...we tell you more than you ever want to know about our new babies. Bear with me, I will try to mellow out about the puppy.

Weather remains cool and with a few showers. I need to clean off the spider webs from the decks. Also slug dirt. We only have 4 hanging geraniums so why are there slugs coming on the decks? These creatures are irritating and make huge messes. Next year I will be back to flower pots and gardening. This year I am growing Katie. Side note here. John carries around a list that has the details of his life. I just go with the flow and willy-nilly choose what I want to do next. I am not very organized but I eventually get it done but probably not on time.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

My new vickery this mornin got into a pair of pants i have not wore in a very long I was almost scare they would still be to small but no theyygro6kycwj10.jpg
    fit. Proud of me
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wahoo Marie!!!!! GREAT. <3
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Will try another pair tomorrow , Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Will try another pair tomorrow , Lin

Stupendous!!!!!!
    Options
    YayMarie!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Great day Marie, I bet you feel wonderful after trying on those pants. I had 39 posts to read to skimmed through most of them. SANDY, what a wonderful picture of the bride and her new husband and you look fabulous in that outfit. PATSY & ANNE I was laughing reading your puppy posts, so many toys and so little time. LOL JACKIE, seems you are getting rain again. Oh I forgot, it's ENGLAND it rains all the time. :D LIN- Sorry about the car troubles, but on the other hand you are having a great time with friends at the library. PHOEBE- I would have felt terrible thinking I left a pet in the sun. Jim must feel awful glad your pet is okay. LINDA- your party sounds like fun but sorry about the anxiety. Throwing a party can be trying, I have hosted quite a few, but just remember they will be there to see the guest of honor and try to relax. I know easier said than done. BUZZ- you will probably be a lot of help to Marie since it seems you are both caring for your husbands now.

I went to the Allentown Art Festival today with my friend Donna and her sister in law and it was a great day, The weather was perfect, sunny but cool so we didn't sweat like other years. I used to go with my daughter, Kathy, but since she had Isaac and moved so far away she doesn't come down as much to my house. I bought a beautiful piece of pottery for my downstairs made by an artist. We had lunch at a restaurant and just a nice day.

Friday and Saturday we were down to the boat and it was a hot day yesterday 86F ,
    so we BBQ'd and just relaxed.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    SANDY, WOW!!! You look gorgeous! :# Somewhere, your sister is very proud of you and her family (Hugs)!
    MARIE, you look fantastic!Things really do seem under control and perhaps, as JACKIE says, it was just a tiny blip!
    I get here too latem recently and I will try to log on earlier in the day si I can remain awake!
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    uw9lgf6kz72e.jpeg

Me and my baby!
    Options
    Oh Lin, forgot to tell you what will happen if the ck engine light starts flashing. It will derate. Your car will creep along at about 5mph.!!

And Linda, you described me as well. I don't like large groups and crowds. I don't encourage visitors and hate to leave home once I'm there.
    Night
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    Thanks Phoebe. They did tell me if the light flashes I will not be able to drive the car. Okay.

Meanwhile it is a day to go and sit in the doctor's office until I finally go in for my annual check-up. Hope I don't have any warning lights flashing!!

Lin
  • Sandydur
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Beautiful day but I have an eye appointment which I have every six months, so no pool and tomorrow dental cleaning which I get every four months. I went to let Daisy out and took a selfie to share with you. Rob and Lisa's furniture is beautiful and Phoebe was right, they asked me to stay so Lisa could run to Target and Rob could cut the grass. I then met up with a friend and we always have a good time together.

Lin, the waiting is the worst part of the doctor's appointments and I loved your play on words with the warning lights. Glad to hear it wasn't me that couldn't find the channel and that it is no longer available.

Phoebe, I guess I am a party girl and love people, but I do like my alone time in my apartment.
    I am sure it is very hard on you with your aunt, but she is in a safe place now and there should be some comfort in that.

Buzz, you are always so kind with your compliments and right back at you my dear!!

Shirley, you had a good weekend, don't you just love summer?

Marie, congratulations on fitting into the smaller pants, what a great achievement.

Patsy, like you I am not a fan of being a passenger in a sailboat but I think my fear comes from those little sail boats and not the big ones like Shirley has where you can sleep on them.
    I am sure your son will love his new boat and get mom to at least try a short sail. My son did not go to Rose Parade, he said it is too crowded and it was drizzling that day.

Linda, you have a hard but rewarding job, you are a special person. Working through your anxiety to throw your friend a party is wonderful. There will be a special place in heaven for you. As far as the meds maybe talk to your doctor and ask if there is something else to take that wouldn't cause weight gain. I know prednisone is one that causes many people to gain.

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends
    My granddaughter is graduating tonight. She had her party this past saturday. I made 4 salads for the salad bar. They had taco bar too. Pulled pork etc. I am amazed I didn't over eat, I guess I'm getting better with food choices.

Marie is so amazing, so glad she is our leader and Sandy too. I am so glad all of our group are such great people. You all know who you are.

My son and grandson were here for the party this weekend so I just finished laundry and house cleaning. My house sparkles. Waiting for sprinkler guy to come fix broken sprinkler heads.

Have a great day.
    Chris