Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Way to go PATSY!!!!! What fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with. It will be wonderful explaining to all the successful? and rather smug ladies out there what TULPO means. Only dear, sweet, sensitive souls should apply for exclusive membership like you, and me, and Jackie so far. Lol.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to OUR BUZZ on the 24th June.

Anne, member of TULPO.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Just a bit early -

2088929uqc2qns07h.gif

b.gifu.gifz.gifz.gif
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I totally missed yesterday..we were at the boat most of the afternoon and evening. We stayed for burgers which the proceeds went to the junior sailing club. The boat looks great, all scrubbed and clean by yours truly, the first mate, the scrubber, and Dave the hoser. :p

Tuesday night was our choir wrap up party from the Spring concert. One of our members is a belly dancer so she put on a display for us and gave us some wraps with dangling coins so we could show off our stuff. Belly dancing is hard but it was fun and we had some delicious food :p
    We stayed overnight on the boat and then home in the morning for a little bit and then back again for the afternoon.

Today was a cleaning day for me + doing a challenge for fitbit so that is my exercise for today. I am supposed to go to a TM meeting tonight but have not gotten an email on the confirmation. So I may
    not be going.
    Dinner tonight is fish, cauliflower, baked beans and roasted red potatoes, just like Marie.

BUZZ - Happy days that Mike is home and his condition is diagnosed. You must be feeling relief and now can handle things better. Get some sleep too, you will need it.

JACKIE - We ended up cutting back the Lupins and I didn't know you had to dead head them because they grow wild on the side of the road.

I better be getting back to dinner, hello to Jackie, who is voting and Anne and Jilly, Lin, Jeri, good luck with your treatments, Linda, Marcella, and Sandy waiting patiently.

Shirley
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday dear Buzz! I hope you have a splendid birthday. I am sure Mike realizes how lucky he is to have a glamor queen like you looking after him. You are fun, your are smart and wise. You have opinions and ideas. Just the kind of lady we all wish lived right down the street. With love and best wishes,
    remember....kisses are low calorie...just saying...
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz I done shut down my computer and don't know on here "I pad" to used the birthday thingy.
    SO HAPPY birthday to you. Love you sis. You are the greatest. marie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, must I run out and get me a mischievous puppy in order to be a member of the club? ;)
    Spent much of my day catching up on laundry, stain removal, pant creasing and what have you, but I made a huge dent! Nice to see an empty hamper again. Afternoon took me to all the medical administrators and it seems they have been working on getting extra therapy sessions for Mike, other than what the HMO usually provides, and tomorrow is that test for driving a scooter. We have also arranged for someone to get him to our party dining room along with his huge oxygen tank so we can be at dinner together with a few other couples tomorrow night. When the darling chaplain heard it was my birthday, he offered to push Mike's wheelchair so he could join. Everyone here has been turning themselves inside out for us, and Mike had 14 visitors show up during our dinner tonight on the patio! Amazing! I wish I could get a picture of him resembling Einstein with his huge head of shocking white hair! I'll see if I can insert a photo someone gave me tonight taken in our lobby the Tuesday night before his hospitalization. The hair has really grown since then!
    vh65h23yhafp.jpg
    If that opens it will be a miracle! Anyway, I'm late as usual.
    Hoping PHOEBE can escape the heat at Havasu, and my love to you all. By the way. I often use the "u" and other British spelling of JACKIE and ANNE, and sure enough, Microsoft usually corrects me! I'm rambling so it must be very late...
    <3 Buzz
    IMG.jpg 520.5K
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy happy birthday Buzz, love you!
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN BUZZ. What a handsome couple you are!

HAPPY CONGRATULATIONS also to all the brave Brits who voted to leave the EU.

I'm making the homemade dog food today, wish me luck.

Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    To dear Buzz

1533333f2xr9ifw78.gif

Have a wonderful day with Mike and your wonderful friends!

Hugs and love
    Jackie

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Buzz!!!!! Lots of love and big hugs.

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Have a happy birthday dearest Buzz! Your photo was sooo beautiful! What an amazing couple you two are...lovely chic Buzz and handsome Mike. I can well understand why you had all the well-wishers dropping by your luncheon. We all want to hang out with you two.
    Many happy returns,
    Patsy
    By the way, I think Anne will let you have a honorary membership in TULPO society. Having fun drawing a little logo. Bwhahahaha!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Buzz - what a gorgeous photo. You are a beauty! I hope you are enjoying your day.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Of COURSE BUZZ can have a honorary membership. All Sneakers who loved their little friends in the past and struggled like us two, Patsy and I, can be honorary members!
    Made the doggie food. It smells real good and Jill's just wolfed down her first batch. SOMEONE finally appreciates my cooking, lol. It cost $20 and made a real load. I think it might last Jill 10 days bearing in mind she's the size of a small cat right now. Will let you know anyway if anyone else decides it's worth the effort. Tried it, rather bland for my tastes, but you can add all sorts of stuff like onions, (humans only), if one is desperate enough in the middle of a frigid winter.
    Can't wait to see the Logo. TULPO the society for adorable pets who get away from doing all the stuff the well behaved dogs have to do just by licking their owners. Milestone today though. She's learnt SIT, that's if you have a treat in your hand.
    I'm walking on air today. JACKIE will know why!
    Anne
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Me, too, ANNE, and everybody else. You have me walking on air with all your sweet wishes! Mike passed the cognition test today for a motorized chair, and tomorrow he will get lessons in driving it. They said he did beautifully! High on oxygen? My phone hasn't stopped ringing and I need to get ready for dinner so I'm sending love to you all, and thank you so much for everything!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    1678525v7uqz5qacy.gif
    hAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SIS! You and mike looks fantastic What a beautiful room you are in.
    ave a great time tonight. Congrat Mike on getting a scooter
    Love to you both

Marie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Buzz,

1125459yca3tm1xg6.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 Buzz wishing you had a great time yesterday on your birthday.. You look just beautiful in the photo and mike too.So glad Mike is going to get him a electric scooter I have one but my ousse is just too small to used here. and about the only place we go is the grover store and I prefer to used theirs for they have a basket to put grocer in. i have a transport wheelchair if I go any place and or I just used my little hand walker.

<3<3 Anne you and Pasty got me going with all of your Puppy talk But just loving it.

<3 lin i know you are around for I done talk to you . How is your day going. Are you cooking today.? Enjoy talking to you earlier on Klunker's

<3 Sandy hope all is fine with bryanna.

<3 Barbie My prayers will be with Jake this coming week and you too. Please keep us informed.

<3 My post would not be complete without saying Hi to Phoebe. hello Phoebe!! LOl!!!

<3<3<3 hello to all I miss
    love you all

Jeri thinking of you hopes all o well with your new problems

Marie
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i happy birthday Buzz
    I'm OK my last night off went to my brothers for dinner they even took me a little bit of a lot of fresh stuff with them and get ready to watch TV I love you guys I'll be working a lot so I'll be in that Holly got to work 12 days in a row though talk to you later bye
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    950031uf6l9pd3ly.gif It was a beautiful day for walking...my friend got back from Texas and came directly over to walk with me and tell me about her trip....the weather was perfect---65 degrees and sunny....the down side about the great weather was that other people were out walking, too, and Brandy found lots of dogs and people to bark at. We walked and talked for an hour and the dogs got to walk with us.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Just had to share this little Portland, OR event. Once a year they have a naked bike ride in downtown Portland. Seriously! The route is kept secret but the police set up roadblocks and of course the word gets out. I get the giggles just thinking about this. John says it cannot be a long ride because of possible severe chaffing. There is nothing like wonderful weird Portland.

Did two exercise sessions today. Whew! Good for me but let me say, I really need to keep up these calisthenics. I would swim but I fear I would scare all the children. Nothing this fat and wrinkled should be allowed in a bathing suit.

I am working on the logo for Anne's society. More on that later.
    Have a safe and healthy weekend.
    Patsy