Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So Jill and I are in the garden and in the heat trying for a pee (she did, good doggie) when 2 men appear. They look at the pole with all the wires, the one the chap replaced during our recent internet outage. They tell me our system is very old and also tell me all will be dug up and replaced and modernized any day now. Jilly and I are "saying nothing"! Huge job apparently that will affect quite a lot of streets and the cross street. So, if I disappear again, it ain't our Jilly this time!
    Anne TULPO.
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much every one for the birthday wishes. It really means a lot to me and I appreciate each and everyone one of those wishes. Way behind in catching up on here, but slowly I am making my way thru here. Before I forget what an incredible picture of Buzz and Mike !! You are so pretty Buzz and make a very elegant couple !! Trying to get back to my new normal. Looking after my granddaughter for 9 months 5 days a wk is over with now, so I thought it was time to get walking again. Over did it and now I am dealing with Plantar Ficitus in both feet making me have to stay off them more than on for quite a while. They are starting to feel a bit better, so my walking is starting to increase with my short trips to the store etc. Don't wish this on even my worst enemy... Definitely has slowed down the wt loss journey...grrrr Thinking of all of you..

Diane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,965 Member
    Options
    950031uf6l9pd3ly.gif The more time I spend walking the dogs, the less time I spend at the computer....good for my health and step count but cuts down on communication time.

t118007.gif The reason I'm doing all the dog walking is that Jake's back is in such pain that he can't walk much....he is scheduled for spinal fusion surgery on Wednesday in Seattle. We'll drive over there tomorrow after dropping off the pets at their respective boarding places. There is a hotel right in the hospital and we'll stay there the night before, then Jake will check in at 5:30 Wednesday morning to be the first surgery of the day. I'll stay in the hotel until he's released then drive him home.

1883030o31o3998hf.gif I'm bringing Isagenix shakes and bars with me for many of my meals. There's a good cafeteria in the hospital with lots of choices (healthy and otherwise). I should be able to eat OK and find some time for walking.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie My prayers are with you and Jake Do keep us inform.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Best wishes to Jake on his upcoming surgery. Take care on your travels and all my best to you as well Barbie as you stay close to Jake. I hope you will be home again soon.

Marcella, yes, we will look forward to seeing your updated landscaping.

Diane, thanks for stopping by. It was nice talking to you on Facebook too. I hope your feet feel better quickly. Foot issues limit my walking from time to time. Right now they seem to be okay. Sometimes I change my shoes two or three times a day depending on how they feel at the moment.

Buzz, my gosh, he passed his test! Wow! That's amazing. I hope all is going well today.

Marie, I enjoy seeing your posts on the Facebook groups. You are doing lots of great cooking these days. I am still thinking about an air fryer. I just don't think I would use it much. Do you use yours each day? I use my Instant Pot many times a week. How is your DH doing? No more scares apparently? More tests coming up?

Sandy, home again soon? You seem to be having lots of fun!!

Anne, I am enjoying the epic tales of Jilly. She brings much to your life (and to ours).

Patsy, seriously cannot imagine naked bike riding. Lots of people riding around here these days as RAGBRAI is in July and it is time for riders to start putting in some time in their bike seats.

Shirley, you are having another extremely busy summer. I hope most of the activities are enjoyable.

Phoebe, hello out there--where are you now? How's Honey?

Linda, I hope you are well today.

Jackie, how did the sale come out? Or isn't it over yet? Hugs for George.

Jeti, I live the flower pic. How are your treatments going?

Best wishes to everyone! Hugs.

I am going to post this before it is lost. I will try to write an update about my recent activities if MFP cooperates.

Lin

• linder4866
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Some recent odds and ends from here. The check engine light is on again. It came on last week, again about a week after the last fill of gasoline. I have an appointment on July 8th. I really want them to check the code this time. We will see.

Getting a haircut tomorrow morning. Doing the focus group at the library in the afternoon. Then a tree trimming service is to stop by to give me a bid on trimming up two of my trees.

I went to an REI class on camping basics. Wow, equipment has changed since I last purchased anything (that was the 1970's). Very interesting. Some ladies I have become acquainted with are talking about going camping. It would be tent camping so now I know what I would probably need and have priced some things. I will talk to them again but I don't think I want to spend the $$ to try this out even though it really sounds like fun! I think if it was going in a camper I would try it but I don't think my body is interested in tent camping. The other ladies are older than me, but then, I am a wimp.

I went to a coloring event yesterday afternoon and had an opportunity to try watercolor pencils. The paper quality was quite miserable but it was fun to play with them for a while. I have found that I am quite enthusiastic about using art materials to color various pages. I am finally okay with ruining and/or abandoning things that are not working. Sometimes I put something down and later think of something I would like to try. I have all sorts of pens, gel pens, glaze, soufflé and various other specialties. I have a couple sets of colored pencils. Lots of supplies and I am obsessed.

I am doing a lot of fresh food prep too. This morning I micro-chopped two small bunches of kale. That took a long time. Ha, I wish I'd had a miniature lawn mower as it looked liked chopped grass clippings when I finished.

I am trying to get 15,000 to 20,000 steps each day. Still love the Tai Chi and Qigong. Just got my own tai chi ruler and am comfortable with my fan. Learning slowly.

Well, have bored you enough. Hugs again.

Lin
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi it's Linda here just have a minute working all day I ate a doughnut and last night I had a cookie and I'm like freaking out and I'm thinking why am I freaking out I pretty much of stay close to my eating plan and last week I lost 5 pounds so what if I don't lose this week anyway work it's Long and this is my last week at this group as I'm transferring to a new one which I'm excited about it to bittersweet feeling I feel sad that I'm leaving the girls here and happy that I get the new me new ones I could take care and I'm only going down the block so they get lonely I need to see me just so I have known that I haven't abandoned them I'm right down the block so it's been emotional day one of my girls crying every day not want me to go and she's one of the reasons why I need to go she's very hard to care either but I love her but next week I have to get to know five more special needs people to manage three women I think it'll be different and something that I need so I'm working too many hours and working 80 in one league 80 in the next week so that's 160 hours in 12 days too many hours that he does hang in there
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Trouble with posting in here, so it will be short. Mike seems unhappy today, wants to go "home ", but he is not ready. Hope they will let him eat in the main Dining Room tomorrow evening to celebrate a new neighbor's birthday. LINDASAIN, I'm trying to figure out if you are telling us you are leaving our Sneaker group, or are you changing groups at work?I'm sure we all wish you the best, whichever the case may be!
    Pat midnight again, and I fear I could merely skim your posts. Will life ever become
    normal again? Sleep well everybody!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    edited June 2016
    Options
    BARBIE, I almost missed your news and of course we all hope JAKE's surgery will be successful. A dear friend of ours had surgery in a Seattle hospital several years ago, and they also stayed right in the hospital. The name included another country, and I wondered if it is the same. They raved about the care. Best of luck, dear!
    JAKE:
    1320039gdu3qjmjan.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Just want to wish Barbie and Jake all the very best for today.
    Linda, you work awfully hard in a difficult job it appears. Take care of yourself and smell the roses a little more. The change will probably do you the world of good, but those hours are awfully long.
    Just a short post because we are in intensive training mode and it's time to do our rounds. Yesterday was a GOOD day, very pleased with the Jilly Bean.
    Oh, and I'm so glad you are into colouring Lin, but camping in a TENT with all the bugs, the four legged black thingies, the toads, the snakes, the two legged hairy ones with their bows and arrows and guns. You are one brave gal even contemplating cooking in a smoke blackened frying pan, but then you are still a young chick. My camping days finished the day I got sunstroke about 25 years ago. I don't mind the odd wander in a wooded area avoiding the poison ivy and the midges but that's it, the odd wander and then a hasty retreat to a comfy mattress and scented sheets!
    And having said that, the great outdoors calls, where's your leash and collar Jilly.
    Anne, still a member of TULPO but hope springs eternal.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Morning busy bee's! We are home. I do love the sound of that! I've read the posts, and wish Barbie and Jake a smooth surgery. I hope this gives him much needed relief. By the way, don't know if I mentioned this. When my aunt fractured her vertebrae, the procedure used was to insert a gel substance into the spine and it worked very well. I hope it will be a solution for arthritis pain someday. Well, actually, it is, they did that for my knees. Didn't cost so much though.
    Sandy, so glad Bryanna passed those stones, and you are very tanned. Standing next to Bryanna, who is not so tanned. My mother loved to get very dark too. Yes, it looks like your own private resort in the photos on Facebook.
    Lin, what is the color you called souffle? Yes, I'm reading your posts, lol. I have two coloring books, I found the pencils are very pale, how do you get more vibrant colors? I have some ink pens. I think I'd like markers if they don't bleed thru the paper.
    Linda, leaving a group for another, newer group would be tough. Hope you can rest a bit and not give all of yourself away.
    Shirley, you have wonderful summers. Can you remember how you managed before you retired? So now you are the yoga instructor? That's wonderful!
    Anne, Jackie has good tips and techniques for Jillie's preschool years. I wonder what it will be like in the winter with deep snow? Disappearing act? Hope not!
    Marie, how goes your eating plan? I hope to get some good groceries soon and have a vegetable meal. How is Jerry?
    Hi to everyone and sorry to miss you.
    Honey's surgery is scheduled for Thursday. She will require physical therapy and lots of walking in intervals. We'll have appx one week at home after surgery.
    Got up too early so back to bed.
    Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,075 Member
    Options
    :) Happy Tuesday! We are going to the beach today and hope to get a couple of hours in before the rain they are predicting comes. Tonight meeting some friends for taco Tuesday. Our vacation comes to an end tomorrow, then back to reality.

Barbie and Jake, good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.

Have to get a move on, have a great day!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Deep snow! I haven't got that far yet in thought PHOEBE. A second hand periscope? Hope all goes well for Honey. Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe, I hope all goes well for Honey.

And here's a link to the souffle pens (souffle is a product not a color) and the blender pencil. Yes, some markers bleed, Sharpies really bleed, I put one or two sheets of paper underneath what I am working on and then it's not a problem. I don't tend to purchase any coloring projects with double-sided designs.

Try a colorless blender pencil for intensifying colors AFTER you have layered all the colors you wish to add. It makes quite a difference in the color! And I hope the links I've provided are accurate.

Souffle pens
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LR4ZDA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prismacolor Blender Pencils
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002X94T8U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No discussion of SNOW please. Hair is cut, moving on to the next project. Later.

Hugs.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! We have been dealing with a long list of things that NEEDS to get attended to. Also our son and an experienced retired coast guard captain are bringing the boat from Tacoma. It is only a 3 person crew, so it will be 2 hours on watch and 4 hours of sleep. It will take about 3 to 5 days depending on the weather.

Yesterday was Katie's trip to the vet. She weighed 21 lbs and she had her third puppy shoot plus the rabies shot. She is scheduled for the spay procedure in early August. Yes, the potty training is going well. But there are days when we step back three steps. Mistakes happen. But we are doing pretty good. Our vet also has a labradoodle puppy. We exchange funny stories and report progress or regress of our pups training.

I finally had a minute to work on Anne's logo. John is supposed to scan it for me this afternoon. We have clouds and showers. I usually try to do my own exercises outside on the deck while Katie does her AM potty down in the lower acreage. Today I was sort of stiff and creaky so I'll do my exercises inside. John is finishing up his shop cleanup this AM. This afternoon we plan to spend a bit of time on some personal correspondence It is constantly amazing to me how much time it takes get things done. It takes me twice as long as it used to take to clean house. I have purposely taken this summer off from any painting or serious art work to attend to Katie. Now I am ready to start easing back into work in the art dungeon. Our son came on Father's Day and stood in the dungeon to survey the inactivity. "Mom! This doesn't look right! There should be some thing going on in here, like always!" Soon....
    Patsy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    May Barbie and Jake have a good outcome on Jake's surgery, my thoughts are with you. <3

Linda - I hopy your new position goes well and the new people that you will be working with. You sure do a lot of hours, good to see you posting with us.

Diane - Welcome back to the group, I keep up with you on facebook. :)

Sandy - Enjoy your last few days at the pool and tell us all about it when you get back. Safe travels.

Phoebe - Welcome back home! I wish I was a yoga instructor, but what I meant was I got myself to yoga class with all that is going on with us this summer. B)

Lin- I always follow your facebook pictures, some of them are pretty amazing. I used the Sharpie pens because I liked the brighter colors but yes it did bleed through to the other page and now I can't color it. Live and learn. Good luck with the camping in a tent, been there done that not going back. LOL

Patsy - Katie is sure growing at 21 lbs. she will be a big dog?

Anne - You and Jilly are such a cute pair, love reading about your adventures with her.

Buzz - I hope all is going well with you and Mike. He must be feeling better if he wants to go home. <3

I am going grocery shopping for our supplies for the boat cruise. I did get a bike ride in today, 6.7 miles and my knee survived with my tensor bandage. Doing exercises with a 2 lb weight now to strengthen it.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hello have read all of your post . but just not up to commenting on them today. I am fine and Jerry seems to continue to ave his problems . Alice had to come out yesterday to get one of is boo boo fix. But she got it all taken care of. We may have to take his checkbook away from him. I will have to pay more attention to is doings. But he is still is sweet old self and I love him dearly His driving is still good local but if its someplace we don't usually go to I have to help him how to get there. Ageing comes with problems.
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,965 Member
    Options
    :)Lin Jake likes coloring. I'll share the links you mentioned

:)Buzz, Jake's surgery is at Swedish Hospital in Seattle

:) We are settled in our tiny hotel room at the hospital and grateful to be here
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    BARBIE, yes indeed, it was at Swedish Hospital my friend had surgery and they thought it was the finest place to be for back surgery and as the spouse of the patient, as well. Best of luck to you both!

Just returned from a day with Mike. x-rays show more lung congestion or pneumonia, hard to tell since he is asymptomatic except for being worn out just shifting from wheelchair to chair! Between nebulizers and oxygen he is worn out, poor thing, but there is discussion concerning the possibility of returning him to the hospital . It seems to have happened too suddenly for me to believe he is doing rather poorly. I really am bewildered by these changes day to day. As you might imagine, I'm afraid I'm not being terribly sociable right now, but I think I'm not absorbing what I'm reading. I just realized Bryanna passed her stones, and I'm sure SANDY and she are relieved! MARIE, big hugs for you as I can imagine what you are feeling regarding changes in JERRY! PHOEBE, happy that you are home! PATSY, I agree with your dear son about the empty Art Dungeon! Bring it back into your time! LIN, you sound so advanced in your coloring techniques; who knew it could get so complicated?
    I've just had 5 interruptions from friends concerning Mike, and I must take care of a few things here, so forgive me for signing out, but know I care about each one of you!
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Dear Buzz

My thoughts and love are with on this huge struggle. Good luck and big hugs.

Jeri