100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Hi all - hope everyone is well. I've been out of town for a bit and am back now - just in time to see the stuffed chocolate pie picture Roger shared. I couldn't seem to find it under snacks though.
    HI Val-where are you headed to on your trip? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Jan - I am with you on the tops I can't fit into but it appears I regained 40 lbs. I will cheer you on - please do the same for me.

Hi
    The Pie shows here:
    http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=snacks&plan=basic
    I just looked it up, not signed in using the Microsoft Browser in Windows 10, I am posting this using Firefox. I use both FWIW. It showed under snacks for me when I was adjusting my order.

OTOH I heard from someone else that they found it under the frozen foods which is strange as it showed up for me under the Shelf Stable Foods. Have Your sort order set to alphabetical and look under snacks. I can think of two reasons You might not be seeing it.
    1. Not available in Your area yet, maybe we are a test area?
    2. Not available under Your Plan due to restrictions?

For example as I set up originally with the Pre Diabetic / Diabetic plan I never did see the Cheesecake Flavored Bar or the Chocolate Brownie Sundae except under A La Carte ordering.
    Hopefully You can spot them. Look under the A La Carte option and see if they show up there or call Customer service.
    Thanks Jan - I just enjoyed a nice ripe juicy white peach from Jersey (even though I am back in OH) and I wish I could always think of the fruit more often when I go rogue - Iove it. Keep the fluids going and get those extra bathroom steps on the fitbit -it all works!

Any and all steps are good steps excluding the ones where You head to the Junk food :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Agreed Roger - no counting steps while eating junk food either!
    Also, When I read your previous post about your walk this morning, you said, "I had a late start today & 6300 steps + 0 Cents.". What's the cents piece about. I remember you doing that but can't grasp the meaning of cents.
    Weighed in this morning and let's just leave it at - Today is the first day of the new me B) . I also have my BBB arriving today so it all fits in nicely. Will also look more for those chocolate pies. I am on the D plan but I thought when I went to ala carte ordering I saw everything.
    Have a happy, on plan Friday all!
  • 5mates
    Options
    Found the pies under Frozen. It says that it is Diabetes Friendly, Vegetarian and Frozen. I fear Roger that if you have shelf stable food coming today you may not be getting your chocolate pies. :/ Let us know please!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all - hope everyone is well. I've been out of town for a bit and am back now - just in time to see the stuffed chocolate pie picture Roger shared. I couldn't seem to find it under snacks though.
    HI Val-where are you headed to on your trip? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Jan - I am with you on the tops I can't fit into but it appears I regained 40 lbs. I will cheer you on - please do the same for me.

Hi Bev!

I was just wondering where you were! So good to hear from you! We all seem to have slid back a little except Roger! :) He is really dedicated and a good motivator! The hot weather is making me crave wet things, so I have picked up watermelon and cherries and peaches and am drinking a ton of water. I guess that is good! I have been drinking 10 or more cups a day. Maybe if I am in the ladies room all the time, it will cut down on the amounts I am eating! Always hope!! I have tried to fit in more walking, and I love the fitbit for that! Hey! I am sure we can do this! Keep checking in!!

Hi Jan
    The good news is that the fruits are better for You than Junk food :)
    Peaches I usually stay with canned as for some reason I can not take the fuzzy skin, even to handle as in peeling them. So I tend to stay with other fruits including Nectarines :)

I have found that I need to stay clear of anything with Sugar as they are a trigger for me. I suppose knowing the trigger foods is half the battle :)
    The hard part is I have always had a Sweet Tooth. Thus in a Breakfast cereal of 30 grams for example and 4 ounces of 1% milk I use 4 Sweeteners :) That does not seem to trigger me, nor do the NS Desserts luckily.

Watermelon, from the NS Leaf site
    Watermelon is so sweet, juicy, and refreshing on hot summer days you almost forget how nutritious it is. But like other SmartCarbs, watermelon is packed with vitamins, fiber, and other key nutrients, yet it’s low in calories.
    The sticky red flesh is 92 percent fluid, so eating watermelon helps you stay hydrated. The color comes from lycopene, a nutrient also found in tomatoes and pink grapefruit that may help prevent heart disease and certain cancers. A cup of watermelon also provides 15 percent of your RDA for vitamin A and 12 percent of vitamin C, and it’s a healthy source of potassium, a mineral essential for healthy metabolism. While a cup of watermelon has just 40 calories

Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi Roger!

Great posts on the 6th ! I will look into all these options, especially the antenna, as I really miss my local news. You are fortunate you have so many different choices where you are! It seems like a great central location, ( in spite of the fact you are on the eastern seaboard, lol!)

Yeah, not having vegetables with dinner can sure make eating harder! Leaves too much plate for not so healthy items! It did sound like you did not indulge in any high calorie desserts, so that is something! What is it weight watchers says? Eat something before you go so you are not starving! In your case, who knew you should have your veggies pre- dinner! :D !

Watch the heat, you sound almost as hot as we are! We got 1/2 inch of nice rain finally! Paying for it by air that fish could survive in, it is so humid! But... I will take it gladly!!! Jan.

I sure did not know I should eat Veges before going out to eat. That sort of thing is one reason I will most likely not go there to eat in the future. Add in that one portion of chicken was Rubbery and one was, How did they manage that?

I hope You can get locals with an antenna and save money that way.

It has been Humid here too, Anytime the Dew point is in the 70s it is uncomfortable outside.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Bev! I regained 45 lbs since February...I've been immobile and in pain and sad/ frustrated/ angry at the woman whose negligence caused it all. But, I'm no longer immobile! Just limited. My whole sinus/ear infection is greatly improved! I live in San Antonio...will be driving through Arkansas, touching Tennessee, through Missouri, touching Kentucky, through Illinois, Indiana, into Michigan...to meet my daughter's 1/2 siblings (same anonymous donor dad). Then driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp (between Dayton and Cinci). Then through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, to Virginia. Then working at the Centreville VA office for two weeks. Then bayto Ohio to get Em. Then staying w best friend in Indianapolis for 4 days. Then visiting other friends in western Indiana, then...not sure...want to visit the City Center Art Museum in St Louis...then back home, I'm going to miss my doggies!!! But my wonderful housemate will be here with them, so they'll be fine. Then we'll have a week or so to get ready for school!

Hi Val
    I Know You can do it now that You are not so immobilized, Can You go out twice a day such as Morning & evening for two shorter walks?

That sure does sound like a heck of a journey :)

I see that You are well south of Dallas, Hopefully that garbage does not spread.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • 5mates
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Bev! I regained 45 lbs since February...I've been immobile and in pain and sad/ frustrated/ angry at the woman whose negligence caused it all. But, im no longer immobile! Just limited. My whole sinus/ear infection is greatly improved! I live in Sa Antonio...will be driving through Arkansas, touching Tennessee, through Missouri, touching Kentucky, through Illinois, Indiana, into Michigan...to meet my daughter's 1/2 siblings (same anonymous donor dad). Then driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp (between Dayton and Cinci). Then through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, to Virginia. Then working at the Centreville VA office for two weeks. Then bayto Ohio to get Em. Then staying w best friend in Indianapolis for 4 days. Then visiting other friends in western Indiana, then...not sure...want to visit the City Center Art Museum in St Louis...then back home, I'm going to miss my doggies!!! But my wonderful housemate will be here with them, so they'll be fine. Then we'll have a week or so to get ready for school!

Honk when you are in Ohio! I'm in Columbus.... And the weight gain for me was after my hip replacement (you would think that improved mobility would have not resulted in weight gain but my mouth was never disabled :) so there in lies the problem. The surgery was followed by Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas, followed by a Caribbean cruise.... and the excuses continued. SO now, no more excuses thanks to NS and you guys. Cheering each other's successes
    and bolstering each other when challenged. Thanks guys - I need you!

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone while posting in my weight loss for the week on Lose 5 in July a little posting popped up that Roger posted in this group. When I saw that, it reminded me I have not post in a long time. Have read a few of the more result posting here. Roger it is great that you are still walking and posting each day. How the weight loss going? Are you at goal now?

Val I am so sorry to read about the weight gain. Was that do to the neighbors dog and what happened to you and your dog? Wow what a busy trip you will be having. Hope you can do all of it as it sure sounds like a lot of stuff to be doing. Having to work as well. I sure hope you get to enjoy some of the attractions along the way.

I am having to go get ready now as I have to go for my 6 month blood work up. Let me know if your all interested in a followup. If so, when I get back I can fill you all in on the past 4 months of my journey.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Agreed Roger - no counting steps while eating junk food either!
    Also, When I read your previous post about your walk this morning, you said, "I had a late start today & 6300 steps + 0 Cents.". What's the cents piece about. I remember you doing that but can't grasp the meaning of cents.
    Weighed in this morning and let's just leave it at - Today is the first day of the new me B) . I also have my BBB arriving today so it all fits in nicely. Will also look more for those chocolate pies. I am on the D plan but I thought when I went to ala carte ordering I saw everything.
    Have a happy, on plan Friday all!

Hi
    Many Days I find Money while walking, Yesterday I found 30 Cents, Today I found none. I just tossed that in.

Also If I were eating a Glazed Dunkin Donut while on a 2 mile walk I would count those steps :)

BTW You could do what I did between orders, I had extended the order interval so I ordered A La Carte and used a NS $100 gift card I got when they were on sale at CostCo for $59.99 and orders $99.40 of selected frozen in the Frozen section of the A La Carte order pages. With $50 frozen has free shipping.

I still have some of the Gift Cards left after this order and if they do not go back on sale I will just pay the $79.99 regular price and order over the Internet from CostCo, It is still better than paying the full $100 :)

As far as I know You do see everything under A La Carte ordering. That is how I Sampled the Non D foods :) I do with they did not munge all the frozen from the meals and snacks onto one page for that however.
    Found the pies under Frozen. It says that it is Diabetes Friendly, Vegetarian and Frozen. I fear Roger that if you have shelf stable food coming today you may not be getting your chocolate pies. :/ Let us know please!

I seem to be getting my Frozen today. I think they have some inconsistencies on their website, I still saw that pie in Shelf Stable :)
    Even the Description said "Warm it up in the oven for a gooey sweet treat!" Then Under Prep it shows "FROZEN Food Safety Statement: For food safety and quality, follow these cooking instructions. THIS PRODUCT MUST BE COOKED TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165°F PRIOR TO EATING. Prepare from FROZEN state."
    And all the other foods have a Indicator for Frozen and the Pies does not!

Hopefully it comes today so I can Try it tonight for Dessert :)

have a Good Day
    Roger
  • 5mates
    Options
    Love the added bonus of found money along with the health bonus of walking!
  • 5mates
    Options
    Hi Belle - yes please let us know how your blood work goes.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Bev! I regained 45 lbs since February...I've been immobile and in pain and sad/ frustrated/ angry at the woman whose negligence caused it all. But, im no longer immobile! Just limited. My whole sinus/ear infection is greatly improved! I live in Sa Antonio...will be driving through Arkansas, touching Tennessee, through Missouri, touching Kentucky, through Illinois, Indiana, into Michigan...to meet my daughter's 1/2 siblings (same anonymous donor dad). Then driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp (between Dayton and Cinci). Then through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, to Virginia. Then working at the Centreville VA office for two weeks. Then bayto Ohio to get Em. Then staying w best friend in Indianapolis for 4 days. Then visiting other friends in western Indiana, then...not sure...want to visit the City Center Art Museum in St Louis...then back home, I'm going to miss my doggies!!! But my wonderful housemate will be here with them, so they'll be fine. Then we'll have a week or so to get ready for school!

Honk when you are in Ohio! I'm in Columbus.... And the weight gain for me was after my hip replacement (you would think that improved mobility would have not resulted in weight gain but my mouth was never disabled :) so there in lies the problem. The surgery was followed by Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas, followed by a Caribbean cruise.... and the excuses continued. SO now, no more excuses thanks to NS and you guys. Cheering each other's successes
    and bolstering each other when challenged. Thanks guys - I need you!
    Hi
    If we do not support each other who will?

I suspect we all had problems from the Holidays. I know it took me a while to recover back to my pre Christmas & New Years meals. Less time from Thanksgiving. Those holidays are tough as my brother goes all out with different foods for them.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi Everyone while posting in my weight loss for the week on Lose 5 in July a little posting popped up that Roger posted in this group. When I saw that, it reminded me I have not post in a long time. Have read a few of the more result posting here. Roger it is great that you are still walking and posting each day. How the weight loss going? Are you at goal now?

Val I am so sorry to read about the weight gain. Was that do to the neighbors dog and what happened to you and your dog? Wow what a busy trip you will be having. Hope you can do all of it as it sure sounds like a lot of stuff to be doing. Having to work as well. I sure hope you get to enjoy some of the attractions along the way.

I am having to go get ready now as I have to go for my 6 month blood work up. Let me know if your all interested in a followup. If so, when I get back I can fill you all in on the past 4 months of my journey.

Hi Belle (Amanda if I recall correctly?)
    I have seen Your weight losses and exercise happenings when I log into MFP :) You are doing Great!

I know I would be interested in how that goes, I believe it will have to be better.

I decided to hold a few pounds over my Intended goal weight. I do bounce up and down, OTOH also weigh everyday. Wednesdays largish Family & friends get together and restaurant meal added several pounds, much of water weight in my estimation. I could not order real healthy as there was a choice of three Entrees.

However while I am higher than what the Internet says I should be which is where I got my original goal weight from when I Signed up with NS and when I asked my Doctor what my goal weight should be earlier this year he said "You are good where You are" I am down 220+ pounds. Thus I can now walk and do many things I could not do easily or at all when I started on NS.

Also I just checked and I see that CostCo is showing
    "Item #618594
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 7/7/16 through 7/31/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included*
    "

Remember Also that You need not be a CostCo member to buy online from them, You just pay a small surcharge.

I know that You will succeed

Cheers
    Roger
    Love the added bonus of found money along with the health bonus of walking!

Hi Again
    It is a bonus, However as an example yesterday I found 30 cents and spent $1.34 at the 7-Eleven for a Extra Large Coffee Refill, Resisted the temptation, Once again, to buy the Large Salted Soft Pretzel or the Large Coffee Roll which MFP shows as 530 calories :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, Bev, Jan, & Roger! I was so excited to see 12 messages since I posted yesterday!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Val
    Thinks have picked up for sure :)

Have Nice Evening
    Roger

P.S. I got my frozen shipment today and I put one of the Chocolate Pies into the refrigerator so it is a frozen for sure. The NS descriptions seem to me to be for both ways :) FWIW the package reminds me of the Apple Pie package.

I plan to have it tonight for Dessert, Now I just need to remember to mention how it tastes.

I see I did mention that the CostCo Gift card sale where You can save $40.01 has started.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    This is my last weekend at home for a while...LOTS to do! Feeling determined and positive! I'll let you all know how well this works out.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options

07/08/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out the door around 6:35AM and 4900 steps. It was much cooler than yesterday which is the good part, The not so good part is that there was a mist to drizzle in the air. having looked at the Morning weather report at 6:20 I knew that could/would happen so I took a folding umbrella along in my Pocket just in case. I did not need it however.

Mini Review on the Stuffed Chocolate Pie
    I had one last night for dessert around 9PM. It was OK, as I suspected once I saw it the pie has the same crust as the Stuffed Apple Pie. That should have occurred to me from both names starting withe "Stuffed". I managed to over heat it as I forgot to set the Microwave to 50% power when heating :(
    Bottom Line: if You like the crust on the Apple Pie You should like it and if You dislike that crust be forewarned :) When I overheated it the Pie broke open and a lot of the filling leaked out onto the paper plate so I ended up eating that more as a pudding than a filling. That made the rest of the pie bready tasting. Better luck next time. I will not forget to set the M/W to 50% power again. I did have trouble dialing in the heating on the Stuffed Apple Pies in the past too.

According to tracking my Ready to Go, what I think of as Shelf Stable, should be delivered today, Tracking shows.
    Scheduled delivery: Sat 7/09/2016 by end of day, OTOH it also shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday 8:57 pm Departed FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD
    7/09/2016 - Saturday 5:58 am At local FedEx facility CARTERET, NJ

Therefore I am not sure if it will come, However no problem either way.

Being that I like to take the easy road I have modified my heating of the NS frozen dinners too. For example where the Chicken Parmesan Dinner says heat for 3 minutes, remove cover, stir and heat for another 1 to 1.5 minutes I have found out that I am fine with just heating it covered all in one go. The same with other Entrees FWIW.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger

Update: tracking shows: 7/09/2016 - Saturday 8:12 am
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ
  • RogerToo
    Options
    This is my last weekend at home for a while...LOTS to do! Feeling determined and positive! I'll let you all know how well this works out.

Hi Val
    Feeling Better as well as determined and Positive?

I know You must have lots to do by way of prep for that longish period.

Good Luck & Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I got a lot accomplished, including a 4-mile walk, mowed front & back, walked the mall, etc. Still feeling positive. Had bad hip pain, but the TENS helped it subside very quickly!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I managed to walk 6K steps today, The weather is warmer than yesterday and I could feel heat from the sun too. I did work up a light sweat. We also had some light rain overnight, No watering needed today. OTOH That green strandy weed, AKA Grass or Lawn, around the house has turned green and is growing once again.

Tomorrow I may have to hit the Grocery Store, it depends on how the Bananas look when my Brother does his shopping today. If they are greenish then I'll let him pick them up as I have one more in the refrigerator for Tomorrow so I do not want ripe ones today.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    I got a lot accomplished, including a 4-mile walk, mowed front & back, walked the mall, etc. Still feeling positive. Had bad hip pain, but the TENS helped it subside very quickly!!!

Hi Val
    I am glad it is helping. You got a lot done too despite the pain.

Congratulations on Your Achievements Yesterday (Saturday)

Have a Great Day Today Too
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Again
    I forgot to mention :)
    We have had some sort of critter damaging things, mainly breaking the onions over and Yesterday One of the New Raspberry Plants got bent over too. I staked it back up, hopefull it comes out OK. We believe it is some sort of critter running through the the Growing Areas.

On the Good Side I have been getting some Ripe Raspberries from four of the plants despite it being their first Year, & or 8 yesterday :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Wow, gone a few days and you have all turned into prolific writers!!

Amanda! Great to see you back! I have thought of you! I hope you do come back and catch us all up!! We all do better with all the support!

Bev, you have a great sense of humor about this all! really important at times!!

Roger, it is nice to know you have problems with the heating, too! I thought it was just me, lol!

Val, I am so happy you are doing great! Glad the TENS is working, though I hate you still have some pain! I will be thinking of you on your trip! That is just so awesome!!!

You know that classic it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. My life! I celebrated my 63rd birthday on July 8th. My son and I shopped at a honeyed ham place he was wanting to visit and we picked up some awesome ham and turkey. We had a get together lunch with my daughter and had fresh tomatos, cucumbers and made sandwiches, sort of an indoor picnic,which at 80% humidity and 97 degrees seemed a really good idea. I had a really good birthday, that was not done, lol! Later that afternoon, my ankle started to hurt from the nite before. All I did was get off the couch from sitting, and it felt sprained. but some ice made it fine. Well, birthday afternoon I could not walk. Then May May cornered something in the yard, and it was the fattest largest snake I ever saw. By the time I got my dogs in, he vanished. That really is not good, as the dogs go out all day with a doggie door. I went out with them several times, all good. At 10;30 at night, I see him again. I have a cane I was walking with, and May, barked but wisely kept her distance. I hobbled over and grabbed a heavy 60 lb tile, and was going to crush him, but he was just a little faster, and I could not catch him, being impaired. So, an S.O.S. to my kids that night. I did get a better look, a true triangular head, and rattlers at the end. Nearest I could tell, it was a timberwood rattlesnake. My son came the next morning and found it, which was really a God thing, though not for the snake. He shot it, and we are all resting a little easier. I was chasing him with my step mothers walker, lol. Finally on Sat. I had to call my daughter and she took me to Primed. I was in awful pain from the ankle. I sprained it, and am hobbling in a boot now. I have to adjust my meds because they do not last the 12 hours, and it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to get up, go to the bathroom, get my meds, water, and feed the dogs. by then I am hurting, and finally sit. Except now I have to go to the bathroom again, which is another 1/2 hour journey. my house is a wreck, and I am averaging, 300 steps on the fitbit, I guess due to the gliding motion of the walker. but the boot at least gets me around!

I feel lucky though! That snake was 3 feet long, and was as thick around as my upper arm. You could tell he had just eaten two of something, which probably saved May May from being bitten, he just wanted to be left alone! She alerted us well, and kept Chester away, as he is almost blind. Love dogs!!! To the bathroom, and TRYING to stay off foot, ha, ha! Long week or two in store! Have a good one, friends. Jan <3