Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am okay and trying to concentrate on myself. Judy is good and her daughter is taking care of her. My husband and I got in our little pool again tonight, I only have until Monday untill I get my pic inserted. I wasn't suppose to get in my pool , but I had waterproof bandaids to protect my markings for radiation. He is worried about me getting sick, since I catch colds easily, and my immune system, will be compromised. That came out of nowhere, I am not even thinking about that. He is worried about me going to the nursing home since my sister is on antiboitics, even though I haven't started treatment yet. Maybe I need to be smart and not risk it. All is good right now just some anxiety about everything getting started Monday with the pic, Tuesday radiation and Wed. both. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Marie...good to hear from you! Hope you will get home soon.

Nancy...I agree...the heat/humidity is suffocating!

Shirley, Ruthie...stay strong!

Janice...take any and all precautions to keep your body as strong as possible during these treatments. We will be thinking of you throughout the week.

Not much planned today. I have already been out dog walking at 6:15am and came back drenched in sweat. I may just stay in and get housework done.

Stay strong AND cool...it's too hot to eat anyway!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi connie. I am a confort. 74, here in my room, they wyll come get me soon for gym have a grear day.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie , hang in there until you get the big computer. Write when you can we do miss u!

My oldest daughter Kristina and her boyfriend John came last night and we stayed up until midnight talking and catching up. She just left a little while ago with John to visit her grandma and then they will be back for dinner. We plan on a sail with them tomorrow then they will go home from there.

I did get in a walk later this morning and came back all sweaty from the heat and had a nice shower.

I am catching up on computer posts now and trying to stay cool.

Janice - Good luck next week with your treatment. <3

Have a good weekend.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. It's been crazy here............. Why do I always say that? Hmmmmmm. Maybe because that is normal in my house.......... So my hubby just bought a 36 foot fishing boat. They left last Friday from Cordova Alaska and arrived here on Tuesday morning at 5:45 am. They had a great ride until the last 10 hours. Then it got a little choppy but they arrived safe and sound. I have been down on the boat helping them clean it out all week. Today is a "rest day" for me because I have been logging over 4 miles a day since Tuesday. Hauling stuff up from the boat. On the boat. Off the boat. Up the steps. Down the steps. Up the ramp at low tide. Down the ramp at low tide. And repeat. We did that for 3 days. I'm beat. Then on Thursday they had to clean the hull of the boat. So they put the boat on a grid that when the tide is out the boat is high and dry. Has to go oat high tide and off again at high tide. The boat is on the grid for 12 hours. With that in mind they would miss dinner. Luckily the weather was nice so what I did was I made a mincemeat pie, barbecued lemon pepper rib eye steaks, and a salad. I packed them into therma, bags and took them down to the boat. My hubby tossed me a rope and I tied the bags onto the end and we dropped the bags down to the boat. Then I climbed down the ladde 20 feet to the boat and we had dinner. When we were done I climbed back up the ladder and then he tossed the rope back up and I hoisted the bags back up. It was a great dinner. The guys just laughed about the fact I brought a full dinner down to them.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, Thank you Shirley, I hope I do okay this week and don't feel sick. Glad to hear your daughter came in and they get to go sailing with you.
    Esther-You are one busy woman, you ate constantly busy. It must be neat having your husband run a fishing boat, plenty of seafood. I love it. I am do some fish and crab.
    Marie-I hope you are getting getting better, I hope to hear your home soon
    Connie-I hope all is well.
    Everyone else I hope you are doing good,too.
    I weighed today after eating and it was 187.2, I was happy considering I feel like my stomach is bloated. I thought I weighed more. Janice

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Janice...thoughts and prayers are with you today and this week as you begin treatments.

Marie...hope you continue to recover.

A big hello to the rest of you misfits! Hot on the horizon today. I have lots of errands to run this morning so will not do the pool. Hope you all make it a great day. I am going to figure out a way to get this weight moving again...probably need to change my menu.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Read my newsfeed on my weight challenge this summer. I am only 2 pounds away from where I was when I started here on MFP. I was so deflated and definitely have some work to do and get myself
    on track for weight loss not maintenance and not gaining. My next small goal is September and my next apt. at the doctor.

Our yoga instructors are on a vacation week this week, so I will continue my yoga at home here on my dvd. The other days I hope to do some cardio with my bike and walking.

This morninbg was a full blown rain storm with lightening and all. More rain this afternoon, Yay! We need it so badly.

Today is laundry and exercising and a trip to the bank. I will be having lunch with my sister tomorrow who I have not seen since June.

Enjoy your day and make the best of it!

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

janice, glad to hear the week went as well as possible. just try to keep taking good care of you!!

connie, let me know your new menu, maybe i will be having one of those as well. i think i may be recomping a bit as people keep telling me i look leaner but the damn scale hasn't told me that at all.

shirley glad you are back and back at it!

marie hope you are well!

ester, hi hope summer is great!

i guess this is the month of female issues. i went to doc and have two large fibroid tumors growing:( they are causing me a little discomfort and my doc can feel them through my stomach. we are going to watch them for a bit and see what happens. hopefully they will stabilize and then menopause will kick in and they will stop growing. will continue monitoring them. one is behind my uterus and pushing it forward. extremely hard to remove and could cause a lot of bleeding. i am just going to sit tight.

have a great week everyone!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Steph, Sorry to hear about your fibroids, I don't know much about them. I did see Bethany on The Housewives of NY, had to have them operated on, but she was bleeding real bad.
    I start everything tomorrow, radiation and then off to get my pic for my chemo treatment Wednesday, I prolonged it as long as possible. Wednesday I have radiation again, then my first chemo. Just 1 chemo a week for 6 weeks, and radiation 5 days a week for 5 weeks. Then the implants after that, hopefully the month goes fast, and I feel okay. Trying not to stress to much.

Connie-Thanks for your well wishes. Two of my sisters called me tonight to tell me they were thinking about me and love me, and also my daughter. Not sure if my son remembers tomorrow is the big day, he's been on vacation, I did talk to him the othere day, but not about this.
    I guess I better think about sleeping I need to get there at 10:45. Janice

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Janice <3 thinking about you today.
    Steph hope everything stabilizes.
    Connie, new menu is what I need for sure. I'm still hovering around my new low but can't seem to get far away from it.

We've only had 3 days this summer below 90 and it is getting old. We have had a couple of days recently with lots of rain which has been very welcomed.

2 weeks before school starts back. Soccer training is this week though and it's a hot one. Wish they'd give them more water breaks.

Keep at it!!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Janice...with you today in thought and prayers!

Steph...the scale is evil.

Ruthie...I am hovering around the new low, too..but not liking it...need to get waaaa past 200.

Marie...waiting to hear from you, kiddo!

Not sure which way to go with the eating, yet. August will surely be different once I have a plan in place. Will stay low carb because I just cannot go back to bloat and inflammation!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    <3Janice, I'm thinking of you today
  • slw19
    Options
    Janice, wishing you the best of luck! Good that it is beginning so you don't need to think about it. sometimes waiting is the hardest part. hoping you feel good!

Much Love,
    Stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I am back from radiation, it went pretty quickly. I have a parking pass that put me right at the door of my building and the office is on that level. I just walked in and around the corner and into the office. It took about 40 minutes in all for the first time to get set up, radiation and me to get in my gown. I decided to come home instead of staying out in that end of town waiting for my app. for my pic, to be inserted at 4:30. I am so glad I did. I have already put some laundry away, brought in my garbage cans, and some other things, plus ate my lunch. I have just been relaxing since lunch. I just wanted to tell everyone, I am good. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Janice
  • slw19
    Options
    Janice,

So glad to her all went well! You can do this! Sending you warm thoughts:)

Stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Well, I spoke to soon getting the pic was horrible, let's just everything that could go wrong happened, plus I had an allergic reaction to lidocaine and broke out in welps everywhere, so they had to call Dr. and of course they were closed and had to wait for on call Dr . to call in steroids and benadryl, so she could help me. Plus lots more. I didn't get home until 8:20 and was lucky I was able to drive myself home.At one point, I thought I was going to have to call someone to pick me up. I am destressing but have to be back at eadiation at 7:45, then my first chemo starts at 9:30, it's suppose to last 6 hours. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Janice...thoughts and prayers are with you today! <3
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Janice, So sorry you are having so many frustrating things happen. Hope things smoothe out soon.

I am having a vertigo event. Been in bed since Monday. Really worn out with it.
    Guess I might lose a pound since I have no
    desire for food.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I am back from my 1st chemo treatment, I was there 7 hours, but everything went great and as of now, I am not nauseated. I feel a little tired, because they gave me adavan, she said it fights against nausea. The lady from the hospital, that put my pic in, came over to check on me and she how I was doing today and if I had anymore hives. She was really sweet. One chemo
    down 5 to go and 23 more radiations . I had 1 before chemo today.
    Marie-How are you doing, I hope getting better, do you have a date to go home, check in if you get a chance. WE ALL MISS YOU!!!

Nancy-So sorry you are sick with vertigo, I have heard it is bad when you have a spell. Get better soon. Take care and get some more rest, it sounds like you need it.

Connie-Thanks always for your prayers, try to stay cool, the heat is miserable right now.

Stephanie-I hope your female problems get better soon and that you have no pain.

Thanks to everyone, you all have been great. Gotta go I am tired. Janice