Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    7/09/16: 185.7
    7/16/16: 187.5
    8/07/16: 188.1
    8/14/16: 186.9
    Well, going the right direction but the real reason was that I was sick this week and didn't really feel like eating. But I'll take it. The Whimsy job really kicked my butt--I discovered I can not work the double shifts. Feeling better and this week will only work singles, and will see. Some time it is hard to admit that I just don't have the physical strength I did when I was young.
    I know what you mean about the heat Lill, I can only imagine since I've been miserable with the heat here in the high 90's, although cooler the last few days. But don't do well with heat.
    Hugs to all of you! Thanks for staying with the plan to improve health!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am back! And so is the heat.

We finally had a full day of rain. First in 2 months. We still have a total fire ban here which is unusual.

Went golfing today so got my exercise, and my heat, and my water retention.

I am up in weight after my trip but only by a lb. Pizza tonight will fix that though! We were both just too tired to make dinner after a day of golfing. We also spent the morning moving weeds out of our bay. Tough heavy work.

We had a lot of fun up north. It always surprises me how far you have to drive and you still can drive another day and not get out of Ontario. North of Lake Huron we were at a cottage. Lovely weather, went for a picnic at a wilderness beach with neighbours who come from Cincinnati. Artistic, creative, lovely couple with a grandson visiting from Portland. Lots of laughter with enormous lakes, high cliffs and trees. The Group of Seven painted the area 100 years ago and it hasn't changed much.

Back on track now. Still trying that decade hurdle.
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
    Fri.June 24-201.5
    Fri. July 1-200.0
    Fri.July 8-199.0
    Fri.July 15-199.5
    Fri.July 22-203.0
    Fri. July 29-201.0
    Fri.Aug 5-203.5
    Fri.Aug 12-204.0
    Aug19-203.5
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    In 4 months I have only lost .5 lb.Better than gaining but very disappointed in myself.I know what i'm doing wrong can't seem to get out of this rut.I even purchased a treadmill and it's just taking up space.i don't even know why i got it,it takes up to much space in my living room,which is small.It was hard getting it in the door and my husband complains about it.Going to sell it to my sister who has plenty of space.going to try getting my dvr fixed and going to start using my exercise tapes.As of now that's my goal.And kicking my sweets habit.GRRRR!!!!
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    July 8 - 188.4
    July 15 - 188.4
    July 30 - 188.0
    Aug 5 - 186.4
    Aug 12 - 186.4
    Aug 19 - 188.0

Frustrated again this week. My body seems to like me weighing 188.0. I ate right this week, just didn't exercises as much. I could blame the heat from keeping me from walking outside, I could exercise in the house, but for some reason I just can not bring myself to do it. I have all kinds of dvr exercise tapes. My goal this week is to use them. :)

Mary, Looks like you and I need to make ourselves watch our dvr tapes, we did take the first step and bought them, now we need to use them :D ........ I was able to kick my sweet tooth habit, with some Luna bars, Special K 100 cal snacks, and fiber one snacks, they help me a lot, now I find myself turning sweets away. If I can do it, anyone can do it. :)

Everyone have a safe and great week. :)
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Well, ladies. Exercise VCR tapes have been moved out to a charity. My place is really small and the VCR was not hooked up so it all was taking up space. As is the exercise bike but I am with you.

I am back on the bike this week and watching the Korean dramas. They do make the time pass.

I am also with you are the lack of weight change. I have dropped the pizza weight, water weight and holiday weight but my body really likes 170. It just will not drop. However, I felt that way about 175 too so I know if we all keep struggling, it will work. I will say that dropping back my simple carbs, has solved the sweet tooth problem. I don't crave and I can pass. Just eating a few calories a day too much so I am maintaining not losing. Sigh.

Onwards and downwards. Lets have a count of exercise. 5 days out of 7 anyone? 30 mins will make a difference.

Marney
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Marney, I am with you with the 30 minutes of exercise 5 out of 7 days. I like that idea. I seem to be stuck between 186 and 188, but I am determined to get out of that. Making myself exercise will get me out of this rut, and I know it will help my weight loss.....Let's see those lbs. go down! :)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    7/09/16: 185.7
    7/16/16: 187.5
    8/07/16: 188.1
    8/14/16: 186.9
    8/21/16: 188.5
    I'm up again but sleeping too much (is there such a thing as too much?) and not moving enough. You are right that exercise is critical! Not there yet, don't want to make a committment that I'm not feeling. But I will, I will. Would like to to end this challenge "down" but two weeks left!!! And our next challenge is the challenge just before the holidays. Definitely want to head into Nove/Dec in better shape than I am.
    Beth, I am stuck at exactly the same weight bracket! Not a comfortable weight and shape for me. Well, have to acknowledge myself for showing up. Continue to be impressed by all of you!
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Delayed weigh in again
    Seem to be set on delay
    And will have to delay smoother day cuz don't have info with me
    But I have not lost any
    Time to buckle down
  • Cclill
    Cclill Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oops typo
    Should be another not smoother
    Tho smoother not far off
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Well, I did OK on exercise component.

Saturday, I moved a lot of weeds out of the water. It is heavy work and I created 3 'haystack'. It took over an hour so I am counting that towards exercise.

Sunday, I was in a fun golf tournament. I walked 6.67 kms, according to mapmywalk, and I burned about 1500 calories according to myfitnesspal (I don't believe that!) but I was tired and very stiff this morning. Unfortunately I ate things I shouldn't at dinner. Mostly because breakfast was at 7am and I missed lunch and dinner was at 4-5pm so I ate and ate. But I don't think the calories added up to more than they should. Just the wrong sort because there were no veggies at all but there was cake!

Buckling down! Want that new decade back instead of bouncing around at the margin.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I just saw this quote!pdhhq67yijru.jpg
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I've invited one of my local artist friends, Natelie Lake, to the group. She was talking today about being a weight watcher's drop out and wanting to get going with her health again. Think this will also help me get on the ball as well. Welcome Natelie!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Welcome Natelie!

Good to have a new "face". We all have had our ups and downs here but the support is great.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    I just got back from the doctor's office and really frustrated.

I have a grandmother who had diabetes, an aunt, two cousins, (one of Dad's side and one on Mom's side) and two out of 3 brothers have had the "high sugar" warning talk with their doctor. I also live with a diabetic so ..... everyone is in agreement that watching my sugars and carbs would be a good idea. And I don't think it is fair to have lots of stuff around that my DH cannot eat. So I have reducing my simple carbs and I never did eat much sugary stuff.

I am also lactose intolerant so for dairy lactose free counts more than fat. As far as I know there is no low fat lactose free sour cream, yogurt etc. Milk, I am OK because skim milk comes lactose free AND low fat but not cheese or other things. Eating less bread has lead me to the realization that, like my nephew, I am probably gluten intolerant too. I feel lots better without wheat in my diet. It does not wipe out the lactose problem but it does relieve it somewhat.

My blood profile is fine better than fine, excellent actually, in the low risk territory BUT my youngest brother had a heartattack at 50 so I have to do better than low risk. My choice today was an increase in my statin (just started 6 months ago) or a low fat diet. We want to go to Oz this winter and the travel insurance will not tolerate a change in medication within 6 months of a trip! So, change of diet it is.

So, cannot eat anything with flour. Want to keep carbs low. And low fat!?! I have to eat something!

I have raised my carb goal to moderate on MFP, lower my fat goals and will have to keep my cholesterol in mind.

Yikes!!!

Working on it. I just had to rant. If I cannot get this down by January, the trip might be off.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Wow Marney! Your diet sounds really strick. But you have a great motivation. Oz? I only know about the one you get to from Kansas.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Oz . The common short form for Australia!!! And it is a trip home for Peter so I cannot block it for him. I have been doing Low Carb High Fat diet for sometime with some success and it was so easy. No hunger and I did not even have to think about the wheat and the lactose thing was OK because I could use lactose free products.

So now have to rethink it all. Just frustrated. But it has to be otherwise we cannot click our heels and go.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Well, I had my snit and I had a think.

Fats have to go down or we don't go down under. Carbs have to go up if fats go down because energy has to come from something. That means I will be hungrier while losing weight but life wasn't meant to be easy.

I will have to give up my cheese habit, from an ounce a day to an ounce a week. Sour cream will have to go because the lactose free version is high fat (Not that I eat much but it helps in making sauces and dips). Yogurt will have to be made at home using lactose free skim milk.

Besides milk and yogurt, upping carbs can also be in veggies and starches other than wheat. If I hold the line on simple starches and go for resistant starches, I can still keep sugars low. Oatmeal here I come! And beans, there are always beans. I will have to re-acquainted with the glycemic load charts for veggies.

If I save the majority of my fat allotment for dinner, then we can eat the same meal at dinner with my variations at breakfast and lunch.

Thanks for listening! To my snit and my planning.

Marney
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Friday weigh in:

July 1: 173.5
    July 15: 170.5 (-3)
    July 22: 171.5 (+1)
    July 29: 169 (-2.5)
    August 5: 169
    August 19: 170.5 (+1.5)
    August 26: 169.5 (-1)

See saw majorie daw! However I am still down on my starting weight for this challenge. Just not nearly as much as I had hoped.

I spent my winnings from my golf tournament last week and with end of season discounts. I got a $70 shirt for $7! And it is a really nice one.

I hope everyone has had a good week.
  • merrygrannie
    Options

Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
    Fri.June 24-201.5
    Fri. July 1-200.0
    Fri.July 8-199.0