OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Janet, good luck with your procedure. I give that Dr kudos for not only knowing when to refer but also for recognizing and documenting the charming lady that you are. I bet he puts a call in to speed up the appointment for you. Today has been brutal for me too. This high humidity with the oppressive heat takes a toll on my energy.

Mary Lynn, I find myself more and more focused on fruits and veggies, especially with so much available right now. I love the peaches I got earlier and froze but they are going quickly and will not last the winter. Now the season is over, but I know that next year I will be getting lots more and not giving so many of them away, lol. Actually these peaches are so awesome that I have to share!

Cindy, I love the idea of a house to rent so we can all be together but all will depend on the number of us that can make it and the cost. I do believe this is going to happen. So excited. Enjoy being Lucinda, you do it so well.

Circuit this morning was a cardio extravaganza, for some reason we did very little strength training. Tomorrow we are doing a full hour of Pilates. It is a killer class but I really miss it. I think I am going to have to develop a 15-30 minute Pilates workout to do at home. That is the one thing about Pilates, you can do it safely every day and you don't need to do long workouts. On my last load of laundry, chicken reheating in the oven to put on our salads and I think my chores are done for today. My son closes tomorrow so we are going to stop by and see the new house on our way to the cabin.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Cindy- the Wyndham's are really nice and some are single cottages. I'm going to start researching. A house would be lovely though, and we could all chip in.

Janet- I know you will get with the perfect physician and of course you are a sweetie.

Rough night makes a long day and a tired Karla. My right hip has been hurting on and off for a couple weeks. I made an appointment with my massage therapist for 3 tomorrow. Prior to that I am definitely getting that Pedi! I think tomorrow I will be the chilled out Karla, the primadona. Lol.

Me
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    va07wwxqlmup.jpeg
    My tiny dancer, Isabella. She is taking Hip Hop this year too.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls-
    I'm drinking coffee in front my the new LR screen and there is Izzy- so cute in her tutu and pink shoes.
    I've also had a banana and contemplating whats next for breakfast- I didn't go to the store last night so need to do that mid day when I'm on my "lunch" break :)
    I'm so excited but wanted to swing by- I forgot to scale hop today, not that I expected to see a change but I think that is going to be my thing to count for the foreseeable future. It helps me stay mindful of what I eat. So I'm changing direction mid stream for PM
    Patti- I too am enjoying the fruit and veggie bounty- we have apple season soon
    Still putting up tomatoes which I think you asked, I wash, food process them, dump in a large pot- boil for 15-30 minutes depending on how much excess luquid needs to disappear and then freeze- but I'll be canning soon too as the freezer is quickly filling up
    Karla- enjoy your day- you deserve it.
    janet- Good Morning dear friend- I think you sent me your humidity but this is supposed to pass quickly.
    Off to be the alter ego.
    Love to all
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning and TGIF!!!!

I have experienced the most relaxing morning watching a suspenseful British movie, playing Words with Friends, and doing my Laundry. I am enjoying my second cup of Taso Chai tea, yum.

Alter Ego Cindy - I am so pleased you have the new work schedule to allow the Loudan series to continue and you to be Lucinda Race!!! Carry on!

Patti- you have not mentioned your daughter Susie in a while, how is she doing? Will you be going to the cabin again this weekend? I guess so since you mentioned picking corn. Have fun.

I do have to accomplish a couple business forms this morning, plus some calls. The sooner I put this credentialing to bed with the Clinical Trials company, the sooner I will be finished with them. But since they have already paid me for these companies in transit, I have to see them through. Ugghhh.

I am going to sign on to my Wyndham site now and see what is available for our retreat up in the northeast.

Did I tell you that my step-daughter was proposed to? Yes, we really like her fiance and are very happy for them.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Friday!!!!! Pilates, packing, seeing son's new house then off to the cabin. It is going to be in the 90s and humid so I bet we spend most of our time on the boat or in the water.

Karla, your morning sound like a perfect way to start the weekend. I talk to Susie on a regular basis but we have not seen each other in a few weeks. She is unemployed and struggling to find a decent job. Her dream is to own a used book store and has been working toward that goal. Currently she is selling book on eBay.

Cindy, enjoy your alter ego day. I did my tomatoes in a different order. Wash, cut in half, cook down and then run thru the blender. I did not have a food processor last year. Don't think I will do any this year because I still have lots left from last year.

May or may not check in this weekend. I cannot get on the internet inside the cabin and as hot as it will be I won't be sitting outside much. I am going to try harder this weekend to stick with my plan.

Until we meet again,
    Pati
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies,
    These tranquil mornings seem to be just the ticket for each of us here. It is always coolest early in the day and the freshness that accompanies the sunrise welcomes me today as well.

Cindy, it is absolutely wonderful that you continue to leap into the depths of your alter ego from the heights of your home office! Your commitment to joyful creativity is showing. The excitement is contagious! I am so proud of you for taking these courageous steps right now.

In terms of remaining accountable, the scale hop is one dance we dare not avoid for too long. I have weighed in every morning since I joined OMG. Prior to that I had been participating on MFP, getting in my 90 minutes of daily activity and achieved my goal. At that point, I unwisely took my eyes off the scale, ceased tracking consistently and abandoned portion measurement. For a creative person like me, the highs and lows can sometimes be emphasized unnecessarily so when there are small changes over a long period, that the brain re-wiring can take place. Our minds become the most powerful ally we have, with our thoughts becoming our actions. Visualizing a pleasant result - a podium of sorts - motivates me through the ups and downs. I actually SEE myself in a better light, in a healthy, active and lean form and honestly, I love it.

Karla, so pleased you are moving forward and beyond the burdens placed on you by the client. It must feel so good. When negativity and stress are associated can be linked to an individual, it is best to step away, as you are doing right now. How wonderful the news of engagement! It is our prayer that our son Shea will meet a woman with whom he can share love with again. Looking forward to hearing how you and Glenn are faring health-wise as you continue towards the retirement mark in your lives. Thank you for leading our group through Project Me!

Patti, I can almost see you smiling as you prepare to get back to the cabin on the water. Enjoy the cooling and frolicking ... dance like nobody is watching girl! Wouldn't it be great to all get together there and enjoy it with you? It seems that we all have a special place of retreat and that is yours. You have had an active week in the city, with all the food preparation and fun workouts at the gym. Breathe it all in as you energize those batteries once again, my friend. As you allow yourself to soak in the beauty around you, it transforms to the core and your inner beauty is strengthen, encouraged and nurtured. That same beauty is inside of you.

Janet, I hope you are finding that quiet space to enjoy as the day unfolds before you. May your moments be full of music that uplifts and fills you with great joy. So proud of your commitment and accomplishments. So grateful to have met you here and count you as friend.
    Your grace and encouragement continue to bring hope and smiles to everyone you encounter. As you find ways to celebrate positive relationships, I think you will find many fellow travelers.

Myra, there is nothing finer than raising your children in a loving and attentive environment. While they are young, the memories being created will stay with them throughout their lives. Sometimes that may seem like such an incredible responsibility, which I suppose it truly is. As carefully as you nurture those young lives and watch them grow and flourish, perhaps you will allow yourself that same level of understanding, patience, love and kindness. I am in your corner. You GO girl!

Suzi, trusting that wherever you are the journey is adventurous and beautiful as you share experiences together. Travel safely and capture those images that speak to you as you go. When you find a moment, it is always fun to hear about the highlights of your trip and how you continue to move forward towards your unique goals.

Warm hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Quick post. Will read all of yours tomorrow, as swelling and reading don't mix well.

Got home about 6:30. All went well. Lots of swelling and soreness but nothing as horrid as I look! FYI, not a single man in the OR - entirely female crew, which I saluted as nurse anesthetist was putting me under.

Have had only two protein shakes & a yogurt today but oh well. Will eat what I want/need tomorrow & Sunday.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. Much love to all and I will read & respond to today's posts when I am up to it.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Janet- My thoughts were with you all day yesterday, I'm glad you made it through the procedure safely, and home safely too. No worries with your eating. Do promise me you will lay around and rest this weekend. I watched two nice British movies the last two mornings. The one this morning was with Maggie Smith, always a favorite of mine. It was on NetFlix, onI had never seen, nor heard of. It was her moving into a retirement home, had once been a singer in a Quartet, very famous. Very moving, interesting and loving. But I adored the one yesterday. I believe the name of it was Emily, or making of a Lady, I will look it up. Precious. Both spoke of the Blue Bell flowers I also loved when living in England. The one yesterday was on Amazon.

Mary Lynn - Are you sure you don't want to become a budding author? You really have the knack for the wording!! You could do it as novellas on Amazon!! We would all be your fans!!

TT: How are the weekends going for you on PM? What is your day of reporting to your jars/box/container?

My day is Monday since we started this on Monday the 18th. Glenn and I ate out last evening and I chose the grilled chicken with broccoli, and only a bite or two of the coleslaw. I did finally have my deep muscle massage. I had Karis concentrate on my shoulders and my right hip. She really loosened me up. I signed up for the yearly membership. I receive a monthly massage. I also made an appointment for next Thursday for a 90 minute massage at her request to really work out my body kinks. She is a very talented masseuse. Afterwards, right next door is a fancy nail salon and Karis recommended it. I had my Alabama Football pedicure!!

My heart bleeds for my dear husband. He is so concerned about his medical and how it may affect his retirement next year. Whether he can get this resolved. I am baking him an apple cake in a bundt pan. You know how us Southern ladies are, feed the pain. LOL. I assured him we would be fine and I will continue to bring income in with my part time work and he has his pension and 401K money, but he worries. We see the second opinion surgeon on the 26th of next month and hope we get some better news. Please continue to pray for us, and especially Glenn.

I'll check back later on,,

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi, all. Am all read up but will keep this short. Cindy, thrilled for your every other Friday to be Lucinda. Patti, hope you can stay cool at the river. Karla, I feel for Glenn and pray he can get a forever fix soon. MaryLynn, you are so eloquent! I just want to give you a hug. Bert, hope the storm didn't mess up your vacation. Suzi, your energy always makes me happy. Myra, hope you're having a smile-full weekend.

TT: Because I'm counting on-plan days (aka days when I stay under 1,200 calories), if I've done OK at the end of a day, I put a button into my little box. Good chance I will earn button #13 today.

I look like a losing prizefighter. Pain is constant but not so severe that i need to stay in bed (need to sleep sitting up for a week or so). But once the swelling & bruising go away, I think I'm going to be pleased and not look so tired. Haven't eaten a lot yet today but am ignoring my self-imposed clock restrictions.

Speaking of tired, I am. Haven't done anything more strenuous than emptying dishwasher, and going to be a lady of leisure for a few more days. My cat sitter/friend will come daily through Tuesday = was really good to see her today.

OK, time for my antibiotic and pain pill, then maybe a siesta. Just finished "Call Me Madam' and hve DVR'd several more old musicals.

Love to all.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Holy cow! Tired doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now. I've had a heck of a horrible week of sleeping for some reason and boy oh boy do I ever need a good sleep tonight. Well, we're all packed up and ready to roll in the morning. I have over 10,000 steps today and not a one of them was from any kind of formal exercise. All just back and forth between the house and Tulip (that what we call the RV).

My apologies for not being more chatty, but I have read all your lovely posts and will try to respond during the drive sometime. I'll post when I can, but a lot of where we'll be doesn't have much cell coverage. Keep an eye on FB because here will be pix of course!

Suzi
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Suzi, hope you sleep better on the road. I continue to take it easy and haven't been too hungry so there are 13 buttons in my box. Am going to veg -- a bit of laundry is my "work" for the day. Going to have a protein shake (the EAS AdvantEdge low-carb ones have only 100 calories and taste pretty decent to me. Will stop by later. Hugs.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to the Sunday before our Monday, two weeks of being on Project ME!!! Also, the week coming up before our first holiday, Labor Day, if that makes any difference for anyone.

Suzi - I saw your and Dave's picture on Facebook where you hit your first State of Kansas. So fun, you and Tulip and he. We have thought about purchasing a Tulip ourselves, have even went and viewed a few. But with our large Wyndham membership, I am just more of a resort type of gal. We do have the midwest, California and Canada on our list of areas to explore once we are retired and have more freedom.

Janet - I do hope that today finds you less swollen and less bruised, plus more rested. Glenn and I have enjoyed each other this weekend. We have been doing some binge watching on both Amazon and Netflix. On episode 5 of the Stranger Things.

My girlfriend, Linda, in Orlando and I spoke yesterday and were catching up about our living parent when she mentioned an enhanced life estate deed she has on her mother. She led me through her mother's online and I am going to type one up for my father and I and get it recorded. It allows my name to get put back on my dad's deed without him losing his homestead exemption and prevents his home from going into probate court when he passes. Linda and I have been friends since 1973. She will be coming out to the condo and visiting me when I am there next month.

TT: As we go into our third week of PM, what enhancement or updates, if any, are you planning on your daily or weekly routine?

TT anwer: Again, and I know this is a whine, I need to add in some exercise. I have really done well with adding in my water this past week thought. For that I am proud. Now to conquer the exercise addition. I am shooting for at least two times this week, and three times next week!!

This afternoon we have a family birthday to go to. We are taking Izzy if we can get her from her girlfriend Bently's house!! It is not until 3pm. It is Glenn's youngest brother's grandson that is turning ONE. So cute, and is here in Mobile.

I looked on Wyndam for locations in NE, none in Maine, one in Massachusets, but there are six of them in Rhode Island. Also New Hampshire has one in Francestown called Crotched Moutain Resort near Monadock Park. There is also one in the Wisconsin Dells I have always waned to go to. I also have the option of moving my points over to RCI, which opens 1000's more resorts open. Or we can just do the VRBO like Cindy suggested.

As far as our family reunion goes, I checked on that and family responded they haven't set the date yet, but are trying for Memorial day weekend the end of May 2017. That is near Lincoln, Nebraska.

I better post this as I am getting some weird popups and do not want to lose e

• luzingg
    Options
    Quick stop to ask for your prayers. Family crisis that I can't go into. Suffice to say I am on the edge here and need some extra OMG love and support. This will be affecting my life and state of mind for the foreseeable future. Me, Edd and mom are fine. It is just too much for me to go into here. I AM NOT eating my stress, anxiety or pain. Just trying to cope the best I can.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    So sorry Patti. Prayers sent.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, we're with you. Prayers of course.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Yikes, Patti. Prayers from NC too. also prayers for Glenn and Janet, and hoping for sleep for Suzi.

thank you to MaryLynn for her kind words and support for child-rearing!

i think for week 3 my motto is: try, try again. :smile:
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    the bad news: I had to put my pebbles back into the other jar.
    the good news: I didn't have to search out MORE pebbles! ;)

Happy start of our 3rd week! (and hang in there, Patti)

Myra
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Patti- love and prayers, we're here when you need us. Just call.
    Janet- please take care of yourself as you heal from the final surgery- so glad this is now behind you.
    Karla- Prayers for Glenn, you will help him through this apple cake and all.
    Myra- you made me laugh as usual
    Suzi- have fun with the glamping :)
    MaryLynn- you do have a way with words- I can see you use your canvas as a your mode of expression- Lovely
    Friday was a success- I got a lot of pages edited, but did find myself wandering around a bit just relishing in the moments of being alone in my home. I won't have another LR day for 4 weeks due to vacation. We're off to the Cape next weekend- South Yarmouth to be exact.
    Looking forward to some much needed beach and ocean.
    I had a good weekend and pennies moved from one jar to the other as I weighed in and walked- I'm very sore today but in a good way.
    My scale hop shows me up 2 pounds from Friday but I know it water in the muscles as they are recovering from their unexpected work out.
    Another two pots of tomatoes stored for winter. I might put up some salsa- Maybe one batch. I do love the stuff. I've never made it but had homemade.
    Need to run but needed to start my day with all of you.
    See you later
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies and welcome to week three of Project Me. PM.

Patti- On pins and needles praying for you family and wondering whom is affecting. You know what a worry-wart I am. Glad to know it wasn't you, Edd or your Mom. Check in when you can. I know you were shocked I even called you when my Mom passed.

Cindy - You sound so YOU. The Friday off really did you well. I also had the most relaxing weekend myself. Glenn and I just relaxed within each others arms all morning Sunday and then enjoyed a family birthday party yesterday afternoon.

Janet - I hope you have some restorative rest going on. Please text me today and assure me how you feel.

I am off to the oral surgeon for he last of my root canal.

I will be back before I leave with the status of my weigh-in..nervous..

Karla