OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Janet is in recovery, Suzi is sleep-deprived, Patti has a family crisis, and Karla is finishing her root canal. suddenly, I feel pretty darned good! perspective is a wonderful thing.

"old lady core class" is just as it sounds..... but they call it "core and more"

after many frustrating years, my physical therapist talked me into stopping virtually every sport..... in an effort to get myself moving more properly. I have "cheated" for so long..... and so repetitively.... "we" are having a hard time breaking down the barriers.

She teaches a class, at the rehab clinic, on Mondays.... and is there with watchful eyes (and hands, if necessary) to catch the cheating! She has a colleague teaching a similar class on Fridays.... so, for the next few more months, that is all the "real" exercise i'm doing. i can walk and slowly ride a bike, but compared to what i was used to... that doesn't feel like "exercise" to me. (i know, i know... perspective) they basically focus on moving PROPERLY, which can be very hard to re-learn how to do. with some movements, i know i'm doing it "right" when i can barely move! those muscles have forgotten what their jobs are, i've been doing it wrong for so long. so.... that's old lady core class, and today's is at 12:15pm :smiley:

myra
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Just a quick note to add my prayers for you Patti. May you find your deep well of strength as you face this crisis. I am here for you, too.
    Love,
    MaryLynn
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, Ladies. I've been MIA for the past week as Mike and I took a vacation with his college friends to Destin, FL. We had a wonderful time. Now, it's back to reality.

My brother is going to be released this Saturday. Thank you all for your prayer and concerns. He is able to walk with a walker and has a goal to walk on his own at some point. I will be going down in a few weeks to visit and help him get things done.

Jillian started Kindergarten, Dylan started 2nd Grade, and Penny and Cole have returned to their preschools.

Dan, my younger son, completed his first Triathlon in Chicago yesterday. I'm so proud of him.

Have a great day, everyone.

Bert

5uxcdiy4iegt.jpg
    lmguxwbxl6nz.jpg
    nsy3otnf0d79.jpg
    8tgkyzfvr9fa.jpg
    pvn7kwbpuf3e.jpg
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    We are home for a few minutes and then we are off to our son's new house to help with a tree he is cutting down. I am still reeling and trying to cope with what is going on. I would explain but it is such a complicated mess and I just don't have my head in the right place to put it in print. I appreciate all your prayers and blessings. Know that they matter, truly, deeply matter to me. I spent time yesterday with my girlfriend who lives up the road from my cabin. It really helped calm me down and focus. I have felt like a whirling dervish since Friday. My mind won't stop and I am not sleeping much but I am hoping an evening of hard labor will wear me out. My scale hop this morning was the best thing I have had happen all weekend, lol. Praying it sticks for tomorrow.....let's just say it is a significant loss for me.

I have read your posts but really not able to respond right now. I know you all understand. I keep you all in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Take you with me wherever I go and feel your loving support always.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Patti, Glad you checked in -- thinking of you.

Bert, that beach photo of you and Mike is just gorgeous. And the kids are adorable.

Karla, hope dentist wasn't awful.

Myra, concentrating on form may be annoying, but it sounds really smart.

Cindy, I'm sure you're right about the fluid. Your Project Me is off to a good start and having your own time at home has to be a gift.

MaryLynn, are you seeing signs of fall up there yet?

Feeling decent today. I still look horrible but that's all part of it and I am glad to have this last tweak behind me. This one wasn't planned until I couldn't hide behind glasses.

I am very hungry today and may not earn my 15th button, but I won't be succumbing to junk food.

Having some guilt-free downtime is agreeing with me, I think. Introverts need to breathe. I love people and hanging out with friends but recharging is also critical, and this is a good excuse!
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Ouch, to the dental chair this morning. My mouth is still tender as I just went and took some Tylenol.

Bert - oh my, some lovely pictures you shared.. Sorry I could not come over to meet you last week. Now next week would have been perfect as I'm going straight through there to see my father. Mike and you look so happy.

Patti- I surmise it must be some out of town relative of yours since you've known since Friday and Monday you are over your son's house cutting down a tree and not attending a service or planning one, or traveling. Obviously, it's not your son either. Surely you will take the time to tell us soon?? Your sister in Tennessee?

Myra- You are too funny feeling good about yourself with each our circumstances, but hey, it's true!! Lol. I know what you mean about taking it easy in the exercise arena when you have some sort of medical challenge going on. Your physical therapist is taking preventative measures for you I'm certain.

If you have Netflix and like SciFi type shows, you will like Stranger Things. Reminds me of a cross between a Stephen King movie and the Goonies movies. Lol.

I'm tired so I'm going to lay down and get ready to watch Major Crimes and probably fall asleep during it. Lol

Karla

• bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I woke up around 5:20 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I have a visit this morning for one of my student teachers. I'm suspecting that is what started my mind to get going after I fed Molly.

Janet: The beach picture was taken the first night we arrived. Mike and I had such a great time and are hoping to vacation next year.

Patti: My prayers are with you.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls-
    Two days of scale hops and the muscles in my legs are still tired but in a good way. Heard from my friend at camp and she's ready to walk fri-mon so I definitely should see some 10k days which will keep me focused on me.
    I woke up slightly empty today too- so I love PM :)
    Patti- hugs and love. We're here.
    Janet- so glad you're feeling better. Rest and do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
    Bert- the pics were great. Are you mentors up and coming teachers again this year?
    MaryLynn- what type of winter do you get?
    Karla- how is your mouth today. Can you email me some locations for the resort- I can look them up and provide feedback. :)
    We have a few trees starting to show a bit of color- and as much I love summer I think I'm ready for some nice fall days too.
    I just realized with my weight gain my bathing suit doesn't fit so I need to see if I can order one and have it come by Friday for the beach. I started to beat myself up and then remembered all that will do is drive me to a bad food choice so I am forgiving myself and moving on.
    I'll be back later-
    Smiles all around
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Nice to see two ladies checking in before me. Lol.

Bert- Did you get over to the Brighton store? Destin beach is one of the most beautiful beaches, next to Panama City beach. Which is only 45 minutes to the East.

Cindy- Since we are not planning it around Patti's original idea and location, I think we are wide open on a place. I think mid June would be good, after your previous engagement. I know I am coming the farthest, so someplace North of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky and South of Massachusetts would be central for most. What do you think?

I have a day at home today and very few business things to take carrying, so, I think I will see today!

Karla

PS ( My housekeepers are coming and my house already looks clean, what is up with that??? Lol)
    PS( my weigh in yesterday was up .9
  • luzingg
    Options
    Up and ready to go to mom's as soon as I have my coffee. Worked like I was being paint last night, LOL! My son had cut down a huge tree, think nearly a sequoia, and we had to move all the branches and stack all the wood, basically pure manual labor at it's most physical. It was in the high 80's and we worked for a little over 3 hours. My clothes were so soaked with sweat that I had to wring them out. We had not eaten since 11 am so when Mike brought us Penn Station chicken teriyaki subs and fries we dove it. So between the sodium and my pumped up muscles my loss was cut in half. But I did lose 1.4 this week and I am very pleased with that. I have made some real changes while at the cabin and even with all my recent turmoil I didn't lose my desire to focus on PM.

Karla, north of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky is Canada, so maybe we should look somewhere in the Smokies, Blue Ridge, or Shenandoah Mountains. Sorry about the small gain but you know this is how thing s go sometimes and it will be gone plus more next week. Thank you for your concern and care. I don't know that I will go into what has been going on except to say that it has to do with sister here in town. Let's just leave it there.

Janet, glad you are resting and enjoying this down time. Especially with this horrid weather. I love summer but am always ready for fall. It is a toss up for me which I like the best. But I am. Ready for football, campfires, hoodies and falling leaves.

Bert, loved your pics. So glad you had a great vacation. You certainly deserved it. The kids are so cute.

Cindy, you are certainly getting your mojo back. I know you will enjoy your walks at camp. So proud of you for just ordering a suit and looking forward to the beach.

Suzi, so excited for all that you are going to see on your trip and looking forward to your fab pics. You do have the eye of an artist.

Myra, just doing it the right way is exercise, but it is the best way. Keep your smile as you get your body back to moving correctly.

Mary Lynn, I know you are enjoying your island. I was wondering about your winters also. Do tell.

Off I go. TRX tonight, but man am I sore.
    Patti

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    Patti- Sorry to hear it is your sister Susie. Prayers continuing. Oh the Smokies would be wonderful with a Chateau with a fireplace.

What does everyone else this?

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    A quick hello. Reading is still not the easiest thing this week but am reading all.

Cindy, good for you ordering the suit. Bet you'll look cute in it aat whatever weight. Patti, hope whatever is up with your sister settles down soon. Guessing she's not in the hospital or you'd be there with her. Whatever it is, may it get peaceful quickly. Bert, glad you're planning your net trip! Next time, maybe a coffee/lunch stop in KY? Karla, glad the dental stuff is over. Myra, good luck on your concentration on form. Myra, guessing your winters are fairly mild. Suzi, Colorado is so pretty this time of year (well, any time of year ...) - enjoy for us all.

Managed to earn my button yesterday, but just barely. Had protein shake this morning -- now going to have some berries. I have to put something in me before 11 this week due to antibiotics so am doing my best. OK, time to ice my face! Later, dear friends.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think we're all doing pretty well considering the "stuff" we're dealing with.
    Janet - take care of the ice- it will all be worth it.
    Off to work on the book
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, perhaps somewhere a bit more central might make sense -- TN, WV, IN, MI, OH, KY. Cindy, I know that's a hike for you. Hmmm.

Patti, hope things are better for you today.

Cindy, how is the new book coming? It feels like you're really getting your mojo as a writer and am glad you will be gettng some beach time. I'd love to just float in water sometime.

Feeling more human this evening. Have had food and will shower and put on clean jammies. I still can have a yogurt &/or fruit later if I want. I have tracked every bite for more than two weeks now and hope to keep it up. Temptation is always there but I get strength knowing that we are all fighting together.

Going to do whatever I can to get a good night's sleep after wathcing "Ricki & the Flash" for a fun diversion. Am cancelling Netflix DVD subscription but will keep streaming, through Netflix & Amazon Prime. A few more $ to save each month!
  • bertevans
    Options
    Karla: Yes I went to the Brighton store. It was so hot that day, I just wasn't in the mood to shop much. I did go to the outlet mall and found some Skechers. Mike and I also got souvenir shirts.

I visited one of my student teachers today. I was late which is NOT normal for me. I misjudge my departure time as I was traveling to IL. She said I missed the first part of the lesson, but I saw enough to make a good evaluation. It was only my first visit, so I reassured her that she is doing fine. Tomorrow is another visit with another student teacher and a meeting with a Sophomore Field Student.

Lindsey and her husband, Justin are coming for the weekend from GA. Dan, Annie, and the kids are coming too. So the whole family will be here. Our niece and nephew and their families are coming for a cookout and swimming party on Sunday. It will be wonderful to have everyone together.

My brother got a great report from his doctor today. His numbers have decreased by 70%! I'm so happy for him. He will be released from the nursing home this Saturday. I will visit him at the end of the month. It will be great to see him standing up and walking.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Bright spot in my day, Once Upon a Time season 5 is on Netflix. Episode one is playing now. Had a nice day with Mom. Her eyes are getting worse, she can see distance but can't read. She said she lost all vision in the right eye, the one with the tumors about 10 days ago but didn't say anything because there was nothing to be done. I have the name of the best opthamology group in the state, just need to get an appointment for her. She wants to wait and get a referral from her Dr but I am going to push a little harder. At 86 you cannot MAKE them do anything. TRX was a great workout and just what I needed. I will be working with Pam all day tomorrow, doing whatever she wants me to do.

Bert, what a wonderful weekend you will have, coupled with the awesome report on your brother you must be walking on clouds.

I had a nice long talk with my BFF and it really helped. I will carry on and let go of my anxiety and anger. Life needs to go on, things need to get done and I need to do them. Don't really want to go into it. Enough people know the story and I need to just move forward. Thank you all again for your kindness, prayers and support.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good evening, all you busy ladies!

Just a quick check in to say hello and see how you are doing.
    Good news from you Bert! Patti, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you move forward. Waving to you all as you find your way through and continue to do your best.
    We were out and about for much of the afternoon, so will comment further in the morning.
    Love,
    MaryLynn
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hello from The Rockies! It's just as beautiful as I imagined it would be. The bad news is I'm coming down with a chest cold. Still managed to hike 1 1/2 miles up to 3 different lakes this morning. Most of the 1 1/2 miles down were in the rain. Boy were we glad we'd packed our rain jackets with us! I was equally glad that my backpack has a rain cover so my camera and new lens didn't get wet. They were triple packed counting the rain cover so probably would have been ok anyway but I was glad for the extra insurance. I put a few phone pix on FB already and can't wait to share some from my good camera. My new wide angle lens is THE BOMB for landscape photography. It almost composes the shot for you. Hoping to take a jeep tour of the upper areas tomorrow afternoon.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Quick check in as I overslept and have to get going. I guess all the exercise yesterday had me sleeping like a log!!!
    Yes! I finally did the 30 Minute Burn and it felt great, in addition I logged over 9500 steps. My home is glittering clan and I decluttered in the kitchen and did away with the little tv on the counter. It looks so cheery there with my tiny chefs and my inpurtionsl signs. My housekeepers reall adored it.

Patti- So sorry to hear of your mother"s eyes. My father's are declining also. I'm supposed to go next week but am concerned now of this next tropical storm.

Suzi- Sorry you have the cold!

Bert- I love the Silver Sands outlets

I better run,

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    I am off and running too. Lots of work to do. I did a scale hop this morning and i am down 2 more pounds. This is the same number I saw on Monday, before my tree hauling and sodium laden meal afterwards. Not going to record it but I think it is my true current weight. So next Tuesday should be a really good WI. I just received invitations to my grandson's wedding, this is Susie's son, and to a bridal shower tea. They are both science nerds, she an electrical engineer and he a mechanical engineer. The wedding is going to be at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. I am super stoked, this will be a very unique experience. They said the reception is also science themed. Their invitations were handmade and had a solar system die cut on the front. They have made all the wine and beer for the reception.

Karla, congrats on restarting your walks with Leslie. Just doing that first workout is a huge step in the right direction. Praying the storm misses your Dad.

Suzi, be very careful with a cold and the altitude. It takes 6 months to adjust so you must go slower when you are that high up. I lived there 3 years and can tell you that it will knock you down if you do too much.

Gotta hit the bricks, hi to the rest of my lovely friends. Hi ho, hi ho.......
    Patti

Hi to everyone else