Phase 2 strolling thread!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks silver! Man it kinda stung when I got on the scale today! Sheesh!

Keeping at it! I am only using brown jasmine and sweet potatoes ...instead of white jasmine and russet potatoes. Back to only Ezekiel bread when I use bread!
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Magic, did you have a lot of sodium yesterday? That makes you (or at least me) retain water. Also, when I have a bad/discouraging scale, I re-weigh myself the next day. Sometimes, something is going on in my body that causes a bad reading. If it's bad 2 days in a row, I just accept it and figure the scale will be friendlier next week.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Some days (many days during this menopausal journey!) I HATE the scale.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm roasting a chicken. First time in my life. As always, vegetarian hubs is helping. Thank God he's a cook!

That said, we're heading out to dinner with our nephew, ha. I'll have the chicken for lunch in the coming days.

Today we went for a LONG hike in the mountains, yay.

Br: protein powder, spinach, berries, flax seed smoothie
    sn: jerky
    lu: hamburger patty, a few sweet potato fries, some mixed veg
    sn: apple
    di: salmon caesar salad, minus croutons, plus chardonnay
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great day Sabine i must get some jerky ive never tried it, x
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    c2111 wrote: »
    Great day Sabine i must get some jerky ive never tried it, x
    I only like really natural jerky, not the stuff you get at the market or costco. Mine is really just dried meat with some spices.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Howdy, ladies...up a bit late today...no pedaling. Sabine, let us know how the chicken came out...and then let ME know how you made it. I have never roasted a whole chicken. YUM...and scary.

Menu later. Have a great day all!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Menu:

b eggs, v8
    l roast beef swiss cheese on ak mak, sugar snap peas with Wholly Guaca pack
    s macro greens slice roast beeef
    d brown jasmine rice 7 grams butter, spicey mango tilapia, herb salad with lite italian
    d HC bar 15 grams walnuts
    late night sleepy time tea

at this point, I will be happy that I do not gain...but sheesh, I would look great in clothes 17 pounds lighter. work kinda keeps me from going off the deep end...have to wake up, alert and ready to go. otherwise, this discouragement would send me to some kind of eat a thon.

keeping the faith...believing in the process. I know I do need more exercise. Have to get in that pool. I am going to order that waterproof fitbit...maybe that will be the kicker. I mean, really...do steps or exercise even count if your fitbit is not ON. LOL.

• c2111
    Options
    Sabine thanks ill have a look online for some natural ones, my hubbys mate smokes his own and fish too maybe we could buy some from him :)
  • c2111
    Options
    My memory is terrible lol my foods are in my diary, I think today is bf spinach poached egg grated LF cheese, snack, almond milk capaccino and almond meal cake (went out for coffee) lunch poached chicken avocado lettuce, chia seed pudding, dinner, beef veg soup there might be something in there ive forgotten lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Howdy, ladies...up a bit late today...no pedaling. Sabine, let us know how the chicken came out...and then let ME know how you made it. I have never roasted a whole chicken. YUM...and scary.

Menu later. Have a great day all!

It was so easy! I patted the chicken dry. Put rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon zest on it. Baked at 450f for 30 minutes, and 425f for 30 minutes, until the internal temperature was 165f. That's it.
    It's quite moist and quite yummy. the only thing i would do different is raise it off the bottom of the roasting pan a bit with a small metal rack, or rolled up aluminum foil.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yesterday, final:

Br: skipped (long story)
    sn: apple
    lu: chicken breast mixed veg
    sn: popcorn
    di: chicken breast, edamame, a bit of veggie sushi (hubs' leftovers), and an enlightened bar. If you haven't tried those yet, YUM. The chocolate mint one is an amazing 80 calories.

Today's plan:
    br: quest bar and V8
    sn: half an apple and PB
    lu: chicken breast and pesto in a low carb wrap
    sn: the other half of the apple, and some small mixed color peppers
    di: stir fry tofu and some vegetables du jour

segue: I've been re-reading "Taking Charge of your Menopause" looking for ideas to get more energy, and reduce irritability (poor hubs). The author focuses a lot on "peri-zappers", which are things like leafy greens, flax seeds, omega-3s etc. VERY complementary with SB.
    I've also been re-reading "The Hormone Diet" (for the same reason), written by a Naturopathic Doctor. She has her "own" diet, called "glyci-med" which is basically a low glycemic Mediterranean diet. Again, very SB like.

Basically, everything reputable I've read has suggested nutrient dense, high fiber vegetables and some fruits, lots of healthy fats (nuts and seeds), and lean animal proteins. Good to know I've entered menopause in good stead!
  • c2111
    Options
    I definitely think Sb is the best way, so healthy, feel so good to. Well I'm pondering tomorrow's menu, bf egg bacon coffee almond coconut oil, lunch chicken salad dinner? Dont know yet, snacks hmm sugar free Pb on celery, maybe an apple and cheese mmmm :) have a great beachy day everyone
  • magic71755
    Options
    I absolutely agree...I do feel great...that in itself should be good enough, right? I am just too dang fat and that is messing with my head. 17 pounds worth. But will continue on. I know exercise is the key for me. I just need to JUST DO IT.

Today's Plan

HB eggs, zip fizz,
    small v8
    roast beef cheese roll ups, guacamole and sugar snap peas, almonds
    more sugar snap peas, macro greens
    more tilapia, brown jasmine rice, salad
    popcorn and sleepy time tea

Thanks so much for the directions, Sabine. How exciting that it turned out so great on your first go.

HAGDE! yayasisters.gif
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Sabine--I love roasted chicken, but how do you keep from nibbling at the skin? That's my downfall when I make a whole chicken or turkey :( .

Today will be an odd eating day for me, since I'm going out for both lunch and dinner (a theater matinee in between :) ).

Breakfast the usual--V8 juice, Bran Buds with skim milk and a banana
    Lunch--some sort of salad
    Supper--I'm thinking salmon but don't know what else
    Snack--if any, probably Emerald 100-calorie pack of cashews
  • c2111
    Options
    Great menus guys x well dinner I get off the vegetarian link above, its gonna be roasted squash kale n mozzarella yum love kalyns kitchen :) hope those pds shift for you magic :))
  • magic71755
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Morning all...today's plan, close to yesterday.

b HB eggs, zip fizz
    s V8
    l ak mak, cheese, roast beef, sugar snap peas, wholly guacamole pack
    s macro greens
    d dark leafy green salad with Newman's Own light italian, brown jasmine rice 1/2 T butter, boneless skinless chick breast
    d HC fudge bar, sleepy time tea

SILVER, what movie did you go see? I want to see Bridget Jone's latest when it comes out...previews look great!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    c2111 wrote: »
    Great menus guys x well dinner I get off the vegetarian link above, its gonna be roasted squash kale n mozzarella yum love kalyns kitchen :) hope those pds shift for you magic :))

Ooh, that sounds delicious!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today's plan, redundant!

br: quest bar and V8
    sn: half an apple and PB
    lu: chicken and pesto in a low carb wrap
    sn: the other half the apple and a string cheese
    di: protein and veg
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Magic--we went to see "Something Rotten" on Broadway. Had a wonderful time--laughed a lot. I ate pretty well too, till the end. Had a large spinach/bok choy salad with chick peas, mushrooms, tomatoes, and grilled chicken, a small pumpernickel roll, and mixed fruit for dessert. For supper, I had a large mixed green salad with a roasted pepper vinaigrette, horseradish incrusted salmon, veggies, and chardonnay. So far, so good. Then they brought out a brownie for dessert--it was huge and topped with vanilla ice cream. I shared it with my husband, so that halved the damage ;-) .

Today, back to normal:

Br: V8 juice, All Bran, banana, skim milk
    Lu: clementine, large spinach salad with sunflower seeds, tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, hard-boiled egg, carrots, Laughing Cow herb garlic cheese, radishes
    Snacks: pear/skim mozzarella stick, yogurt/clementine
    Di: small mixed green salad, salmon, beans, mini whole wheat pita, pistachios