smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Suzi- Your pictures are captivating. You and Dave are really seeing some fantastic sights. I loved the John Wayne Saloon on Facebook. I am so glad you are feeling better and enjoying your hikes.

Up with the chickens and roosters today. I am training the takeover of the credentialing of that Clinical Trials company and a few other things. I need to get my car washed. The love bugs are awful! I also need to move up my massage scheduled on my new surgery date. I could sure use that today as my shoulders are so tight.

TT: As we move into the Fall season, what changes do you make, if any, in your daily routine?

Karla
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Life is an ever evolving journey- so glad i have each of you in my life.
    Patti- My mother in law has the alert button if she falls it is activated. Well worth the extra couple of dollars.
    Janet- good for you- its not a cave to get the placard- it is part of you doing the best you can for you
    Karla- How old will your father be next week. I'm so glad you enjoyed the books.
    Suzi- amazing pictures I think there was a rainbow tucked in the bottom of one- just stunning.
    Bert- You are a God send to all
    MaryLynn- how are things with you this week.
    I have signed up to go to the hypnotist- I discussed it with my therapist and thinks some of the relaxation techniques I'll be taught could be very valuable. Yes- I see a therapist to deal with the year long situation I find myself in- as it does continue and its allowing me to focus on my needs like I should. But this too will pass and I'll be strong when the seize is over. Keep me in your prayers for strength. I'm on a particularly precarious path at the moment.
    I went to the eye doctor last night and all is well but the allergies have given me a couple of bumps under my eyelid so I have some drops for the next 4 weeks- but the vision hasn't changed.
    Need to run- hugs to all
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is lunch with my retired teachers group. I'm so looking forward to it. Then it's off to submit donation letters to local businesses for our annual turkey dinner at church. This is my last year for heading up the event. I just need to take this responsibility off my plate.

Suzi: The pictures are gorgeous! I would surely love to visit this area.

Cindy: Prayers are heading your way! Hope the eye drops are successful for your eyelid.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Suzi, you should frame those pics. You do have the EYE. I have been to all the places you are visiting and would do it all again. So glad you are finally over your chest cold. Are you going to see Crazy Horse? I saw it for the first time when it was just a hole in the rock, back in the early 80s.

Cindy, I always say a prayer for you and will continue to do so. Wish we were all closer so we could give you all the hugs you need. I am glad you have a therapist whom you trust and who is encouraging you to try the hypnosis. I think you will find that if you have an open mind and believe it will work it will.

Bert, I can't imagine how you do all that you do for your church and family and still have time for yourself. Glad to hear you are taking something off your plate besides food, lol. When do you go see your brother?

Karla, I know you will be relieved once this training is over and this job is closed for you. Hope you get your massage. That is something I just can't do. Having a stranger touch me in any way, especially my naked skin, is anxiety producing for me. Mom and I were talking about that very thing the other day and she feels the same way. So guess I came by it honestly.

Today I am having lunch with my GF to celebrate the end of her treatment for breast cancer. There will be tears but mostly there will be laughter and lots of chatter. Going to leave all my drama at home, they know what I have been going through and there is no need to bring it to the celebration. Then I will hit Costco and the grocery. Then home for laundry and house cleaning.
    I lost .2 this week. Not much to shout about but happy it was not a gain with the food choices I made over the weekend.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Suzi, love the pics and am enjoying your trip vicariously. Glad you're feeling better.

Patti, what a great thing to celebrate - your friend is a true champ.

Bert, your lunch is just what you need after such a whirlwind couple of weeks.

Cindy, prayers continue. I used a hypnotist once for a course of treatment and it helped.

Karla, you reminded me that I should get a massage -- I walk around tight in neck, shoulders, back, hands & feet.

TT: Fall means my soup mania will start soon!

The play last night was hilarious -- The 39 Steps -- but not the version in the Hitchcock film -- same plot & characters, BUT turned into a farce with a cast of just four -- the leading man, a woman who played the three biggest female characters, and two "clown" who played *everyone* else. Great physical comedy and some timely humor bits (a hilarious Beyonce dance parody, for one). Delightful -- laughs every minute. And we have the first Pops concert of the season on Saturday -- the music of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong -- totally in my wheelhouse.

Ran errands for a few hours this morning and am going to do a little online shopping (J. Jill has 25% off everything) and plan to stay off my feet as much as I can today. Got some fresh salad ingredients and hit a sidewalk sale to get some tees to sleep in and wear around the house.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Janet, that play sounds like so much fun. Wish I could have joined you.

Lunch was fun, as always. We have to change the name of our lunches. We had been calling them "pity lunches" so now I think we will go back to Yaya time. Mom called to talk to the girls and to congratulate my GF on completing her treatment.

TT: this time of year I get more focused on my exercise and tend to be able to stick to plan better. I don't really change anything but do tend to not go as much. Of course, this year may prove a bit different with all that is going on with the family. I will adjust and survive.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm up early as I'm traveling to Indy for an appt. with my thyroid doctor. My best friend is going with me, and as always we have lunch and shop the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to spending the day with her.

Today is my brother's birthday. I'm so happy for him. He has made great progress. His numbers have gone down from 9300 to when he was first diagnosed to 1600 as of Tuesday when he had his chemo. I'm flying down to visit him on the 29th.

Have a great day, everyone.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Bert- Spending time with a girlfriend is great for the soul! What wonderful news on your brother! I know you both are looking forward to your upcoming visit.

Janet- Your play sounded so fun. I adore those and it has been way too long since Glenn and I have enjoyed one. We did enjoy the Easgles tribute concert last Friday though. I know you will enjoy Saturday also as your Symphonies begin. Thank you for your continuing devotion.

Cindy- My prayers are always with you as you navigate your struggles. You know we have your back!

Suzi- When does Tulip turn around and head back East? I can't believe you encountered such varied temperatures. I can't wait to be free to travel like that.

I'm very tired and looking forward to some sweet down time with my darling Glenn on Saturday. I wanted to just get in the car and drive over to New Orleans and spend the day and he tells me he has a mandatory meeting!!! Grrrrrr. He says we can still go. I want to take in a museum and a nice Emeril meal or any great NOLA cuisine. Maybe that Palace where Patti and I ate.. Then some Jazz music.. Ride the trolley cars..

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good morning, lovely friends!

Bert, glad your best friend can go with you. Girlfriend time is important, as is retail therapy. Hope all goes well at thyroid doc and that you find at least one great bargain. Wonderful news about your brother and continued prayers for his recovery. What a change since his diagnosis.

Patti, glad the Yayas can get back to their real name. Perfect reason to celebrate.

Karla, mandatory Saturday meetings are the second worst -- behind mandatory Sunday meetings. You'll find a way to go anyway -- can't think of a more delightful idea.

Long overdue haircut & color today, plus a few errands. Later!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Already worn out, lol. Gym this morning, followed by delivery the lift chair to my sis's house. Edd and I had to carry one of their old chairs to the curb first. Since we moved the chair out I decided to clean all the baseboards in the living room while I vacuumed. Now on to the dining room to do the same thing. If I am not totally done in I will clean the baseboards in the downstairs bath and kitchen and clean the hardwood floors. TRX is cancelled tonight so I am finding other ways to make up for it. Leaving for the cabin after the gym in the morning. Planning a big rib dinner for Saturday night and will invite the neighbors. Trying the Americas Test kitchen way of grilling them. Along with mashed potatoes, carrots and a peach pie. A friend from KY is riding up so I want to put on a nice spread for him. He and his wife treated us to an awesome dinner when we stopped at their place this past spring.

Bert, I know you are enjoying your day out with your bestie, nothing like it in the world. Great news for your brother.

Karla, I remember that meal well, plus those awesome fried green tomatoes we had at lunch. I still talk about the double piano bar and that sweet old guy who played the tray. Hope you make it over and enjoy yourself.

Janet, I had to miss my hair appointment this month, it is going to be pretty ugly around here in about a week.mi may have to get a root touch up kit to see me through to next month.

My break is over, back to work for me. So envy you girls who have housekeepers but cannot justify the expense when I don't work. Edd hates having strangers in the house.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, you more than made up for TRX with your cleaning. Does your sister have a coming-home date yet? My cleaner is a splurge but with my messy arthritic situation, she's a godsend.

Jack, my hair guy (and one of two owners of the salon) is a color expert and made my head look like I might actually have this color. It had been too long but I saved a few bucks by waiting and had nothing big to get freshened up for. Did some low-level shopping (a bra, a couple of layering camis, a soft silicone exfoliating brush for my travel kit -- can you stand the excitement? The heat zapped me today and I was verging on dehydration so am taking it easy and chugging water while watching football. MaryLynn, can you please send some crisp, dry Canadian air down here, please? Bert, Patti and I could all benefit!

BIG and very happy news: My niece found out yesterday that she's going to have a girl! She told us via text messages of Caleb holding little signs -- the pics are on Facebook. He was wearig a shirt that said ONLY CHILD == Expires in 2017! How cute is that? Julie is still quite nauseated but getting better each day and she hopes to "turn back into a functioning human" by the end of next week, if history is a guide. And I guessed girl -- sometimes the 50/50 pays off.

The friend I went to the play with and who's my Pops concert buddy, is on jury duty for a couple of weeks. She can't say, but I figured out what case she's almost certainly on and it will be intense. Can't think of a better person to have on any jury though. Hope the stress won't be as awful as I fear. Another friend may become the legal guardian of a 16-year-old whose mom (an old friend of my friend) is an alcoholic substance abuser. So my petty problems are a mere drop in the bucket.

• luzingg
    Options
    Janet, so excited for your niece, you and Caleb. I love all the cute ways they announce things these days. So creative and fun. Every boy should have a little sister to protect. Praying Julie feels better even sooner than last time. I can't imagine dealing with morning sickness. Poor dear.

I accomplished everything on my to do list done plus more. Cleaned and stuff about 2 dozen peppers for the weekend, just need to wrap in bacon and pop in the oven on Saturday. My sister is supposed to come home on Monday. I am enjoying the new season of Project Runway, when I was in high school I considered fashion design but my true calling was nursing. I found other outlets through the years for my creativity.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Yesterday with my best friend was so much fun. My endocrinologist was happy with my A1C. It was 5.7 and my blood sugar was 99. She said to continue exercising and eat a low carb diet. Blood was taken for my thyroid, and I will hear shortly whether or not my dosage needs to be changed to stay the same. Then we ate lunch and shopped. I did some damage in both departments!

Janet: I got immense retail therapy! I bought 3 tops and a great pair of pants from Lucy. They are "work out" pants, but I wear them as slacks. They are a bit pricey, but hold their shape and color. I have two pair of capris from them and absolutely love them. I also got some countertop spray from Williams Sonoma. What a fun way to announce about the new baby!

Patti: Enjoy your time at the cabin. Your dinner sounds delicious. I love stuffed peppers! I love Project Runway, too. Some of the designs last night were a bit strange, in my opinion.

Karla: I've only been to New Orleans once. I do love jazz music.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies,

Thought I'd better chime in pretty soon, or you will all wonder where I disappeared to! We had a nice hike with our two dogs yesterday, so everyone had a good sleep last night. Today I was searching for recipes to use up the remaining acorn squash puree (soup) from a recent meal. I did finally find a muffin recipe that called for pumpkin and I substituted the squash. Though they did work out well enough, the ginger is a bit "off-putting" to Myron. The dogs love 'em!
    While the recipe called for raisins (not my favorite) I omitted them and added a few on top for Myron's. Perhaps that explains the lack of sweetness. Oh well! They will make a nice 220 cal healthy snack to have on hand and they ARE moist and full of mostly nutritious ingredients.

We had some stuffed spagetti squash last night for dinner and that was truly delicious! It is one of Myron's specialties, so perhaps I just enjoy his cooking so much that everything is so interesting in flavor.

Patti, we have not done any stuffed peppers for some time (not since living in Mexico, with the poblano peppers there) but the meals that you prepare make me crave some of those tastes! In terms of your wonderful Mom, I know you and she will find the best solutions for her care and safety and boy do I respect your acknowledging her need to be actively involved in the decisions that affect her daily life. It often seems it is a balancing act for you, my friend to be helpful in such a multitude of ways. You always come through with your creative ingenuity and discover new ways to stay active and nurturing to those who you come in contact with. Your energy levels going into the fall season do not seem to be flagging. I trust you to tell us when they are and to know when you need some SOLO TIME to just paint or putter at home.

Karla, so pleased to hear that your surgery date is quickly approaching and pray that will be the solution to the vision challenges that have plagued you for so very long already. As you continue to lead us with such strength and vision, I just want you to know how much I really appreciate your leadership here. Hoping that you have some quality together time with Glenn!

Janet, it is always wonderful to hear about a new arrival in Caleb's home. I bet he is excited! Julie's facebook image is SUCH a neat idea to announce the imminent addition to their family! Would love to get some of your ideas for more squash recipes - including soups - as I think my tastebuds are looking for something with a little bit of "zing" in it!

Bert, you sound positively energized and it's no wonder at all that your doctor is so pleased! Wonderful to get some retail therapy and combine that with friend-time! While I don't know what "Lucy" offers, the clothing finds you were able to take home sound pretty nice indeed! The most I've done in that regard is to grudgingly agree to shop for a couple of pairs of jeans. Funny, that I used to love shopping for fashion items, but just haven't been into that for some time. It is nice to see that it brings pleasure to you and to so many others!

Cindy, it's good to hear your positive voice as you plan and prepare for the challenges ahead. When you find a program that consistently delivers the results and decompression from stress, I know you will SOAR towards all your remaining goals. Way to go, girl! As temps cool off here, the ocean begins to cool as well, the morning fog patches are some of my favorite times to sit and contemplate, or to plan the pathways ahead. I'm sure you have a place that you treasure just for yourself to organize your thoughts. How goes the writing schedule?

Suzi, you traveling photographer! Wonderful images that remind me of the great beauty that so often beckons just beyond our own doorstep. Isn't it a blessing to enjoy these in person?! Thank you for sharing images and staying in touch. So glad that your head and lungs are cleared for new hikes and adventures and that you are continuing to find activities you enjoy!

Myra, wherever you find yourself this weekend, please know that you are in my thoughts often. Pleased that you are able to keep actively involved with your precious family. They DO grow up so quickly and your impact will be felt long into their adult years. I applaud you!

Love,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    edited September 2016
    Options
    MaryLynn, those muffins sound yummy (with ginger, wothout raisins would be my preference).

Been way too slammed with stuff and talking with a friend who may have to become legal guardian of a friend's 16-year-old son. Heavy stuff. So many people around me have really challenging things going on in their lives.

I'm determined to get a fresh start on my resumption of Project Me, interrupted by self-sabotage under stress. But I can do it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    wowsers, i've missed so much.
    I remember one of you being on "team puppy"..... well, you won!

he's now 9 weeks old and his name is "boomer", weighs 1.6 pounds and is maltese with a bit of poodle mixed in.

and his middle name is "little piddles"! Need I say more?

the carpet cleaner is getting a great workout..... and now the area rugs upstairs are rolled up and put away. and, i'm sleep deprived. but he's darned cute!

continued prayers for Patti and her family members.

LOVE Suzi's pictures!

MaryLynn... i had disappeared (again) too..... but for a great furry cause.

btw, we adopted a kitten too :smiley:

I shall return.... but i'm afraid project me has been usurped by project pee outdoors, but just for a while, right? RIGHT? haha.

myra
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Myr, congrats from a member of Team Puppy AND Team Kitten. Tell us about him or her too.

Have migraine and Maxalt isn't working. Going to lie down and hope it isn't a big multi-day one.