LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one @ProCoffeenator I'm sorry. Social media just adds so much drama to life, as if we don't all have enough already. My hubby and I tried staying with his parents while our house was being built many years ago, our apartment had been sold and we had 5 weeks to wait to move into the house. We lasted 2 days and ended up moving into an extended stay hotel. I'm so glad we did that otherwise either my marriage may not have lasted or our relationship with his parents may have been irreparably damaged. I wish you all the best and hope you can find your own private happy place in amongst all that crazy.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's petty enough that they would notice a lack of posts if I put restrictions on them. Stirring another wasp nest.

I cannot mess with my mothers dinners, I've offered before to make dinners but my father was the excuse because he only likes certain things. When asked directly it's stated as not an issue or problem. Behind my back in secret. I'm all kinds of horrible things I'm finding out.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It's petty enough that they would notice a lack of posts if I put restrictions on them. Stirring another wasp nest.

I cannot mess with my mothers dinners, I've offered before to make dinners but my father was the excuse because he only likes certain things. When asked directly it's stated as not an issue or problem. Behind my back in secret. I'm all kinds of horrible things I'm finding out.

Not on all posts... just on the posts that you think they will freak out about. To them, it is no different than if you stop posting those things on Facebook altogether. They still see you posting things, just not about food anymore.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator I'm sorry. Facebook is the worst. I quit posting all together because it seemed so much was met with too much scrutiny. Once I was at weekend concert in Charlotte, NC and got tagged in a picture which led to my cousin's wife in Greensboro getting super mad that I didn't tell her I was going to be in NC so we could meet up for dinner...I was almost 2 hours away from them! Crazy! Not to mention that it was 2 day festival that went from early afternoon until late night.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    It's Tuesday!
    Did pretty good yesterday. Managed to stick to my normal food schedule, no walk at lunch it was rainy/drizzling and I had some paperwork and phone calls to make. I did do my exercises I planned out after dinner. Which included squats,lunges, push-ups, and a bunch of various stomach targeted exercises.
    My left hip is still funky, but I managed to vary my exercises to work with it.
    My muscles threatened to go into cramp mode on several. So I backed off to let it calm down and went right back at it. I'm going to have to up my ketoaide before and during these exercises.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't do Facebook because I have heard of horrible family and friend feuds. Feuds is too light a term,more like all out WARS. The time dedicated to it is just not worth it, and privacy is my main concern. What I do is my business. Posting on this discussion board is the only social media I am part of and I had to think long and hard about it. Different generation I guess.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your parents. It will be just a little while longer before you can leave. Don't burn any bridges. I would think that your diet is not as important as peace and love for your parents, so if you have to eat your Mom's cooking, well be grateful you still have a Mom and you can be back on track when you move.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    Good Morning peeps! Woke up 6 lbs heavier today! yes, you read that right! 6 lbs. But I feel GREAT and my jeans are falling off. Some weird water retention going on in there somewhere. I love that I don't freak out about this anymore. I've grown so much :blush:

Awesome!

Always nice when you aren't tied to the scale!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    I don't do Facebook because I have heard of horrible family and friend feuds. Feuds is too light a term,more like all out WARS. The time dedicated to it is just not worth it, and privacy is my main concern. What I do is my business. Posting on this discussion board is the only social media I am part of and I had to think long and hard about it. Different generation I guess.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your parents. It will be just a little while longer before you can leave. Don't burn any bridges. I would think that your diet is not as important as peace and love for your parents, so if you have to eat your Mom's cooking, well be grateful you still have a Mom and you can be back on track when you move.

I keep Facebook because it helps me stay in contact with all my friends back where I moved from ( at my parents request mind you). I added my nieces and nephews as they are all older now thinking it was a good idea!
    I don't want any burnt bridges either. I never use have known the food thing if t wasn't for my sister making some off hand comments. It's bothersome when your own family says one thing to you, but to other family says the complete opposite!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Today I have eaten everything in sight. Literally.
    But today I do not care. Tomorrow i am back on the wagon again.
    Why do I not care?

As some of you already know that can read my feed, I have thrown away all my meds this week. I am having withdrawls. I do not recommend this solution to anyone btw but after a lot of soul searching and discussions with my SO we decided it was the best solution for me personally. I am grumpy, feeling sick, feeling sorry for myself, so going through some comfort eating. I can write one day off. That is fine by me. I have no issues with today, as I know I will reap the benefits later. I am feeling very positive about what I have done, and I am 100% sure my decision is correct for me in the long term.

I know I will be paying the price of overeating tomorrow, but I am at peace with it.

I hope you are all having a great day, tomorrow it is Wednesday and we are halfway through the week, soon the weekend will be here again :smile:
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @Bonny132 hang in there. We are here to support you! Sometimes making tough decisions like that is the only way to move forward.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Well, I have developed a really weird gum addiction. Going through about a pack of 18 Trident sticks in one day at work. Looking at the nutrition information and I'm throwing the pack out :(

u1j9h92rhv04.png
    gum.png 28.2K
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @bowlerae Is it a sugar alcohol carb? I know that 'sugar free gum' uses sugar alcohols so depending on how they affect you...you may be able to disregard that.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @Bonny132 hang in there. We are here to support you! Sometimes making tough decisions like that is the only way to move forward.

Thank you, my SO and friends are supporting my decision fully. I knew it was going to be hard but the drugs will be out of my system completely within 7.3 days according to my research which should make me feel a lot better.

Then I just need to sort out my stress and voila I am cured, only fat and need to loose the rest of the weight :D and I can and will do that!
  • bowlerae
    Options
    @bowlerae Is it a sugar alcohol carb? I know that 'sugar free gum' uses sugar alcohols so depending on how they affect you...you may be able to disregard that.

It says sugar free. So perhaps whoever entered it into MFP and the 20 users that verified it, did not take into that sugar alcohols do not affect most people.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »

It says sugar free. So perhaps whoever entered it into MFP and the 20 users that verified it, did not take into that sugar alcohols do not affect most people.

Well, it's a very individual thing and it depends on the sugar alcohol. For stuff like that, I usually look for a 'net carb' entry or a 'minus sugar alcohols' entry.

Like I know malitol and sorbitol can cause issues for some people, but they're fine with aspartame and xylitol. And vice versa. That's why sugar alcohols can be a pain in the *kitten*.
  • bowlerae
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay I checked the packaging and it has all of those! Sorbitol, Xylitol, Mannitol, Aspartame and Sucralose...wondering if all of those are necessary.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    @bowlerae Probably not haha but if you don't want the carb hit on your log, you can create your own entry in 'my foods' and do it that way.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @bowlerae If you want to make it "your own" you can click on "no" where it asks "is this data accurate" and it will take you to a screen where you can edit it. Then I believe it saves it for you under "My Foods". I've corrected some entries for my personal use (based on packaging) so when it asked me if I wanted to share with mfp users, I said "no". The only reason I mention that last part is that may be the reason it gets saved under "My Foods". Dunno.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    @samanthaluangphixay I checked the packaging and it has all of those! Sorbitol, Xylitol, Mannitol, Aspartame and Sucralose...wondering if all of those are necessary.

Xylitol is good for your dental health--actually kills plaque-causing bacteria. So that's why it's often in sugar free gum because then they can market it as good for your teeth. They combine multiple sweeteners to get a similar mouth feel to sugar. Science!