TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi @tonilogan! I'm from Iowa originally as well! A lot of the best people are from Iowa :wink:
    I agree! Not from Iowa but my mom was born and raised there. My grandparents lived there for a long time! Iowa is a great place!
    @tonilogan You are on the right track and in the right place!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am here,,,,sorry for the late arrival!! I have done my drumming, drinking(water) and now for the intro! @MissionEnforcer Born and raised in Mississippi, now live in SW Ontario with my husband and two boys. This is my 3rd amazing race challenge and they are super fun!! I like to run, bike, swim, yoga and dance :) . I have regained some weight over the past two months and am hoping to get back into the tracking, healthy eating groove....I know the extra support here will be very helpful!! Okay now I am off to catch up on the 9 pages of posts from our awesome team one members!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yipeee!!! The gangs all here!!!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @dtplow You need to add the BRIEF DESCRIPTION of where you live, to have your post approved.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    I am here,,,,sorry for the late arrival!! I have done my drumming, drinking(water) and now for the intro! @MissionEnforcer Born and raised in Mississippi, now live in SW Ontario with my husband and two boys. This is my 3rd amazing race challenge and they are super fun!! I like to run, bike, swim, yoga and dance :) . I have regained some weight over the past two months and am hoping to get back into the tracking, healthy eating groove....I know the extra support here will be very helpful!! Okay now I am off to catch up on the 9 pages of posts from our awesome team one members!!

Yippee! So glad to see you pop up! <3

This time Challenge #1 is a little different. You need to add a tiny description about SW Ontario! @MissionEnforcer won't give the team the 10 points until you do!
  • ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Did my drumming today and finished my fifth day finishing the water challenge.

Now please excuse me while I eagerly await tonight's episode of The Walking Dead, and cry for days lol.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oooh, it's so close. Still in 2nd place right now. So glad to see @dtplow show up too!

I added 80 more minutes to my total. I went for a 60 minute run, which was the first run since my half marathon two weeks ago that didn't feel just awful, so I'm very happy about that. Then 20 minutes more of walking Stella, because she didn't get to go on the run with me.

I am hoping to still do some yoga to stretch out, so I will add that in if I manage to drag myself off the couch again. It's feeling pretty good here though...
  • dtplow
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer tiny description of sw ontario Southwestern Ontario is region of Southern Ontario in the Canadian province of Ontario. It occupies most of a peninsula that is bound on three sides by water: Lake Huron,the St. Clair River, Lake St. Clair, and Detroit River, to the west; and Lake Erie to the south. This gives us the "lake effect" in the winter ie lots of snow!!
    We live in a great family friendly neighbourhood where the kids can walk to school and we can walk/bike to the bank, library and grocery store.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,254 Member
    Options
    Broken Pampered Chef spoon: check. Dogs scared: check. Husband thinking I'm crazy for drumming on a cat litter container: check. Drumming done: 10 points.

Used Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" for my own drumming.
  • dtplow
    Options
    @ashleereign I am a huge WD fan but am really afraid to watch tonight!!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in the car headed home, just added my time spent exploring Patriots Point in Charleston and we are TIED for first! We need those challenge points that are hanging out there and if anybody can still throw some minutes in. I won't be home until late so am done. Good work though Team!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,937 Member
    Options
    At this moment. TIED FOR FIRST. You guys are the best!!! Everybody contributing!! @celtikgirl Post your minutes and put us in first!!!! I see some other blanks for today Remember the spreadsheet closes on Sunday now! We want to re-post @Vowder blue ribbon for this leg!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,937 Member
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »
    Broken Pampered Chef spoon: check. Dogs scared: check. Husband thinking I'm crazy for drumming on a cat litter container: check. Drumming done: 10 points.

Congratulations on maxing out your team minutes!!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    22k2aqppfe0w.png
    Great first week everyone! I am might be able to get some more minutes in!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    38 messages to catch up on. LOL.

So I did another massive workout today. 1:50 on the treadmill with 45 mins at 8 degrees and another 45 mins at 10 degrees. I've never felt this strong before. I too am sore from all the working out this week. Started back up a little hard but it feels good.

What a killer team we have. At the moment we are up by 10 pts but that could change in an instant. Hopefully @MissionEnforcer gives @dtplow her points for the description of her home town.

@dtplow ... I would for sure... but I'm not mean.

Who knew how cool Iceland is. I am going to have to find an excuse to go there and spend some time. The problem with these Amazing Races is that my bucket list just keeps growing.

Regardless of whether we are no. 1 or not this segment... this race is going to be a tough one. Everyone seems to be in it to win it!

Anyway...a close race will make it more fun. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

No clues to where we are going next?????

• Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »

fabulous job!! that's how its done!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    lu4wtz8fy130.png
    Yes!

Great motivation Tami!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    I got an extra 30min in by walking back and forth to my sister in laws house getting tools for my hubby that was doing some plumbing work for her. Love being the gopher especially when I can add up the minutes. Why take a car when its so close.

That's all I got in me today. I'm hoping everyone has a great night. Hoping to see us at #1 in the morning. I just checked and we are only 10pts ahead.

Last summer there wasn't this kind of competition. Its great to have it motivate us the way it has.

gnite everyone.
  • TamiJo1004
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Goodnight @mamaelf2008
    I got 30 more minutes in also!
    So did you guys just dominate this summer? It wasn't a dead heat like this? It's motivating!