TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2: Done! I went up the stairs in my building a few times. My legs are feeling nice and toasty right now!

The late-night snacking was definitely a challenge for me. I don't finish work until 10pm. The only time I really have to eat is a short break around 9pm. So while I didn't snack after 10pm, I ended up buying unhealthy fast food during the day. If I could just get that sorted out, I think I'd be okay. That said, I've been trying to cut down on the snacks after 10pm, so this has helped me a lot. I think the best thing I did was to brush my teeth as soon as I got home. That way, the only thing I could have that wouldn't taste awful, was water. I figured water was allowed at any time, so I drank lots of water.

Off to study a bit and then do some stretching. I'm hoping to add some more minutes tonight. I'll do the rest of my dancing tomorrow.
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    That's my challenges completed for the week! I've been Transylvanian twisting this evening (among other dance moves) and really enjoyed it. My favourite routine was 'Calling All The Monsters' just because it had a nice pace to it, but the best tune is 'Monster Mash' - no question about it!

Now that I've started at university college there are plenty of stairs for me to use. I managed to get about 400 between my apartment and school this week, but completed the rest on a stepping stool tonight. It made a nice 15 minute workout while I was watching Steven Universe!

I usually consume any leftover calories before 8pm, so didn't find the food challenge to be problematic.

I'll be continuing my studies over the weekend and then sitting exams on Monday and Wednesday. Looking forward to having them done with until January!

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby - Nope you're not the oldest here. In 1975 I was a junior in high school - 16 years old. Looks like I have one year on you.

Interesting discussion on the "no snacking" challenge. For me, late nite snacking is terrible problem, so this challenge was perfect for me.

So I ran 10 miles this morning, and then hubby and I spent 4 hours outside clearing shrub, cutting a few trees, raking leaves, etc. But I don't feel right counting all 4 hours in my minutes - partly because we also took some breaks, partly because we weren't exactly working at the speed of light. So I want to be fair - I logged 1 of those hours along with my running time. Does that seem reasonable?

The only challenge I have left is the videos and I plan to knock those out tomorrow.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Can someone post 60 minutes for me for the day?
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Have fun & be safe tonight wherever you are!

WEEK TWO: DON'T FORGET YOUR GARLIC!

CHALLENGE #1: “Twisting in Transylvania!” (10 points)
    Completed Tuesday, 10/25

CHALLENGE #2: “Climb To Meet The Count” (10 points)
    ** 770 STAIRS UP = 10 POINTS **
    M = 70
    T = 210
    W = 835
    Completed Wednesday, 10/26

CHALLENGE #3: “Dracula Doesn’t Share!” (5 points)
    “NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING!”
    5/5
    Completed Friday, 10/28

Minutes/Miles
    24 Oct. 187 minutes
    25 Oct. 191 minutes
    26 Oct. 197 minutes
    27 Oct. 90 minutes
    28 Oct. 186 minutes (141 minutes walking, 2 walks + 45 minutes day 25 30 Day Chest + Back + Wall Sit + Sun Salutation Challenges)
    29 Oct. 135 minutes (60 minute walk + 40 minute walk + 25 minutes day 6, level 1 30 Day Shred + 10 minutes stretching)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Can someone post 60 minutes for me for the day?

Thanks ... done
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,076 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Some Fab Five nerding out for the weekend...

Great job on being 1000 exercise minutes over Team 1!! Also great job on getting more challenge points entered - currently 25 more points than Team 1!!. We have a sizable lead, but that seemed to spur them on last weekend.

Team 1 seems to be our closest competitors. Looking at their stats from last week, and comparing to this week, I'm guesstimating that they might wrack up another 5560 minutes over the weekend (and by filling in blanks for the week). This translates to 260 more exercise points. If they get all their challenge points (they came pretty close last week), they would also get another 260 points. That's 320 more points they could possibly get to add to their current total of 1175. That would put them at 1495. With a margin of error for my guesstimation of their exercise minutes, let's just call it 1500 team points would be their likely high for this leg of the race. Might be lower, and it is still possible to be higher, but it's probably a decent estimate.

Right now we have 1240 team points (yippie!! us!! for being in the lead!!). We still have 245 challenge points left. If we get them all that will put us at 1240 + 245 = 1485 team points (only 15 points behind Team 1 on just challenge points). If we get all our challenge points and just do the same amount of exercise we did last weekend (3215 minutes), we would get an extra 150 points for the exercise and that would put us at a nice cushion of 1485 + 150 = 1635 total team points. We do still have some blanks to fill in for the week, so we could go even higher.

We can do this Fab Fives!! Have a great weekend everyone! Keep moving!

Noticed that Team 1 is close to 1500, but they have a lot of challenge points left to log...so just checked my original write up...Whoa, my ciphering was way off...260+260 = 520!!, not 320!!! Duh! Fat finger error! Yikes! So Team 1 could get up to 1695, not 1495! Big difference. My bad. That's what I get for writing it up so late in the evening. Gah! How embarrassing! *facepalm* :flushed:

So, right now (9pm EDT on Sat), Team 1 has 1480 points, and 85 outstanding challenge points. 1480 + 85 = 1565, with no exercise minutes calculated in. We are currently at 1525, and have 90 outstanding challenge points. That means we should see 1615 on just challenge points completed, not including any additional exercise minutes.

We're still way ahead of them with exercise minutes; we have 900 more exercise minutes right now ~ 45 points. And I saw they were posting that a couple of their teammates have been sick this week, so some of them aren't going to be logging as much. They are strategizing though, but I know we're focused and will stay in the hunt!

Someone double check my math this time....hopefully, I got it right.

Great job everyone for keeping us so far ahead! The Fab Five is in it to win it this week!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the no snacking challenge. It was a real eye opener at how much I eat in the evenings. Shaving off those calories, I dropped almost 5lbs this week with little effort.

I'm with you! That was a great challenge for me! Now I need one to log all my food. I've gotten lazy!

Lets create accountability for each other: while continuing the 'no late night snacking', we'll also be sure to log every morsel.

Sounds good. Starting tomorrow I will be back to logging everything! And I am up for continuing no snacking after supper :smiley:
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So I ran 10 miles this morning, and then hubby and I spent 4 hours outside clearing shrub, cutting a few trees, raking leaves, etc. But I don't feel right counting all 4 hours in my minutes - partly because we also took some breaks, partly because we weren't exactly working at the speed of light. So I want to be fair - I logged 1 of those hours along with my running time. Does that seem reasonable?

Honestly, I'd have counted it all except for the breaks if they were excessive - like more than a few minutes. So counting only an hour is more than fair. To me the challenge is about activity minutes, and isn't dependent on how many calories burned for that activity. Now, I don't count every little thing I do each day (like walking to the mailbox or cleaning out the cat litter boxes), but stuff like working in the yard, projects around the house, or even major cleaning of the house, etc are fair game in addition to traditional exercise. But that's me.

Week 2 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Twisting/dancing - 35 minutes - Done on 24 October
    Challenge 2 - Stairs (770 steps UP) - Done - 1007 steps; 26 October
    Challenge 3 - No late night snacking after 10pm (5 of 7 days) - Done on 28 October
    "Mileage":
    24 October - 38 min Strength Training; 35 min Gazelle; 35 min Dance Videos; 4 Planks = 112 minutes
    25 October - 0 min - worked late = 0 minutes
    26 October - 20 min Stair Stepper (1007 steps); 40 min Rowing Machine; 35 min Strength Training = 95 minutes
    27 October - 120 min Gazelle; 8 min Planks = 128 minutes
    28 October - 22 min Smart Stride Elliptical; 16 min Rowing Machine; 37 min Strength Training = 75 minutes
    29 October - 90 min Gazelle; 60 min Deep Cleaning Kitchen; 3 min Planks = 153 minutes
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,746 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    -complete
    All 3 challenges complete
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby - Nope you're not the oldest here. In 1975 I was a junior in high school - 16 years old. Looks like I have one year on you.

Interesting discussion on the "no snacking" challenge. For me, late nite snacking is terrible problem, so this challenge was perfect for me.

The only challenge I have left is the videos and I plan to knock those out tomorrow.

Whoohoo! Someone my age (and I'm not the oldest, LOL). If you can run 10 miles then you are rocking it babe!

As far as gardening, I do a lot of that. Other challenges I'm in do not allow counting gardening but it really p*sses me off as I know it's a good workout and I often sweat more than other intentional exercise. Since I know there's breaks and maybe not always intense effort, I have been counting 50% of my gardening time.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Great job @2016summerfun - I noticed you broke the 1000 minutes for the week!
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Whoohoo! Someone my age (and I'm not the oldest, LOL). If you can run 10 miles then you are rocking it babe!

Hi kids lol I'm the oldest 60 years young and pleased to say very fit and have no health issues and i'm not on any medication . i'm in another group 55+ and I'm one of the youngest . B)
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Hi kids lol I'm the oldest 60 years young and pleased to say very fit and have no health issues and i'm not on any medication . i'm in another group 55+ and I'm one of the youngest . B)
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    LAST DAY To get the spread sheet updated with your challenges and miles come on team five one last push we can't lose 1st position now ! :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    It's All Hallows' Eve today, plus Trick or Treat AND I'll be going on a nighttime lantern walk through a cemetery later.
    So....how cool is it that my login streak is 666 today with all the spooky events?

jvpq2dpfltyv.png
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just checking out the spreadsheets. Currently (10am/EDT on Sunday), Team 1 is tied with us. They have 20 more challenge points logged than us right now. We have 20 more exercise points than they do (about 400 minutes).

BTW, a tie means they are winning overall (by 25 points) when last week and this week's numbers are combined.

So, looking at last week's numbers, Team 1 crushed the exercise numbers over the weekend. They logged 2196 miles on Saturday and 2295 miles on Sunday. We logged 1902 on Saturday and only 1433 on Sunday (but I seem to remember a few missed the cut off time, so it should have been more). We did well this week and got 2000+ logged on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Don't know how much folks have left in their tanks, but probably posting numbers similar to those days would be a good target to shoot for to finish out the weekend.

Remember sheets lock at 9pm Sun Pacific / 10 pm Sun Mountain / 11 pm Sun Central / 12 midnight Sun Eastern / 5 am Mon UK, so get your stuff logged as early as possible.

Captains, is @KatKat1209 okay? Haven't seen her post numbers since Wednesday, but I have seen some exercise posted to her newsfeed. Hope we see her today!

Congrats to @MiamiSeoul and @2016summerfun for already getting over 1000 minutes! Well done you champions!! I know @2run2ski is right on their heels to get it done this weekend also! Now it's on the rest of us to post good numbers today!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    As I sit here in my recliner, listening to Nightcore music, sipping my caramel coffee, and reading a My Little Pony Halloween Comicfest book, I look forward to next weekend.
    That weekend is our annual Akron Comic Con. It'll be in its 5th year, and I have gone to every single one. It had to be moved to a bigger venue, and now goes for two days since it's been such a success.

I was thinking about cosplaying for this one and it got me thinking of all the costumes I have planned. I have so much fun dressing up and escaping into fiction for a day. The people I have met that also cosplay have been so kind when asked about how they made something, or for tips or ideas. This bunch is genuinely happy about their passion.

If you're a cosplayer, I advise you to enter a contest at a convention. It's fun walking around and having people ask for your photo, but getting the chance to have the spotlight on you, even if you don't win, is the best feeling in the world. You worked hard on your outfit, let everybody see it.

Smile everyday, laugh with friends, and enjoy life. Forget what you don't have and appreciate what you do.

Happy Hallows Eve!
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    I noticed that team 1 is now ahead by 10, but we have many more challenge points left to fill in, so hopefully we can get them in today :smile: Just got back from a walk, and I'll put in some more minutes later today. Have a great Sunday!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    I did the Video challenge this morning - just haven't logged it yet. I'll be working outside again this afternoon - hauling wheelbarrows full of dirt, staking a fence, getting an area ready for next year's garden. I'll keep track of that time and log as much as I feel is legitimate (minus the standing around leaning on something staring into space - ha). I'll update the spreadsheet later this afternoon - my hope is to sneak up on Team One just as they think they've won. Bwahahaha (insert evil laugh).