Replies

• silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Today:

Br: V8 juice, Kellogg's All-Bran Bran Buds, banana, skim milk
    Lu: spinach salad, clementine, 2 ak mak crackers
    Sn: pear/skim mozzarella string cheese, yogurt/clementine
    Di: mixed green salad, chicken lentil stew, vegetable TBD, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios

Not original, but it works for me.

Have to say I'm sort-of dreading Thanksgiving. I'm making a fairly simple one--nothing really fancy, but I'm not really good at staying away from leftovers. Oh well, it's just a few days... Nothing to get my knickers in a twist over ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Today:

Di: mixed green salad, chicken lentil stew, vegetable TBD, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios

Not original, but it works for me.

Have to say I'm sort-of dreading Thanksgiving. I'm making a fairly simple one--nothing really fancy, but I'm not really good at staying away from leftovers. Oh well, it's just a few days... Nothing to get my knickers in a twist over ;)

I'm sort of dreading thanksgiving too. We are going to the in laws and they always refill my plate. :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I have a few days before we go visit the in laws, and I'm somewhat organized.

Br: scrambled egg with asparagus and smoked salmon.

Good start!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today:

Di: not sure--probably going out to dinner
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Last night's dinner: http://whitneybond.com/2015/09/28/pesto-baked-salmon-foil-dinner/img_0264-4/

It was YUM. I wished I'd used fresh salmon, but frozen was what we had.

Regardless it was yummy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Having my first thanksgiving today. Then tmw we fly off to see the in laws.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Today:

Di: mixed salad, white bean turkey meatloaf, cauliflower, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios

Trying to be strict today and tomorrow, because Thursday will be challenging.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    We had a very non-American-traditional thanksgiving dinner. We had "hot pot". Which meant: lots of green vegetables, different kinds of mushrooms, different kinds of tofu, and different kinds of red meat and seafood (shrimp, scallops etc), and taro root and daikon. dunked into boiling broth. VERY nutritious and SB friendly.

I did indulge in one glass of champagne and a slice of pecan pie after. But all in all I did well! And oh so yummy it was.

Happy thanksgiving!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    TG with family...traditional meal...did not over do but had everything.

Been very focused on de cluttering...will continue this weekend. Weight is finally going down. More later. Off to work.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I got on the scale after thanksgiving with the in laws. I never *overate* but they kept feeding us. The scale is UP. I am back on phase 1 for a few days. cheers.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    I've been afraid to even get on the scale. I need to get back to SB eating, but it hasn't been easy. It's been as though, once the barriers to eating everything came down, it's been hard to put them back in place. And, I have a birthday dinner coming up, so I keep telling myself after that, I will eat better. I know that's a crock--I can eat responsibly till then, then splurge for the one meal. I just have to get psyched. Meanwhile, the scale stares at me reproachfully. I'll try today.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Argggh! I got up the courage to get on the scale and was not surprised to see how much weight I had gained, though, of course, I was disappointed. Maybe that's enough of a push to get me back on SB for real. So, here goes:

Today:

Lu: spinach salad, clementine
    Di: mixed green salad, protein and veg TBD, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Argggh! I got up the courage to get on the scale and was not surprised to see how much weight I had gained, though, of course, I was disappointed. Maybe that's enough of a push to get me back on SB for real. So, here goes:

Today:

Lu: spinach salad, clementine
    Di: mixed green salad, protein and veg TBD, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios

You can do this!
    I'm back to where I was before the visit to the in laws. And almost back to my pre-election weight (one pound).
    I'm being extra mindful right now.

br: two ham, spinach, cheese, egg breakfast quiche cups with pesto on top
    lu: left over mapo tofu over steamed broccolini
    di: something stir fried and salmon
    snacks: peanuts, persimmon
  • silvergirl33
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I can do it. I just have to start walking again and watching my carb intake. It's hard this time of year to get motivated, but I'm going to be faithful today and tomorrow, be a little looser on Sat. (my birthday), then resume on Sunday.

And congrats on getting back to where you were.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Hi, folks. I'm back to SB. Been pretty good since Sun., and I think I can continue now that I have my mojo back o:) .

How have you-all (I'm a Southerner now :) ) been doing?

Today:

Lu: black bean soup, spinach salad, clementine, 2 ak mak crackers
    Di: mixed salad, chicken lentil stew, cauliflower and broccoli, mini whole wheat bagel, pistachios
  • magic71755
    Options
    Wow, good for you, Silver. I was just thinking that I would go full board after the first of the year. But you are already into it. Hmmm. Have been doing pretty good...but not completely SB. I need to think on that. It is a total commitment, which I can do...timing has to be right. Looking to next Sunday to start.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2016
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Wow, good for you, Silver. I was just thinking that I would go full board after the first of the year. But you are already into it. Hmmm. Have been doing pretty good...but not completely SB. I need to think on that. It is a total commitment, which I can do...timing has to be right. Looking to next Sunday to start.
    I'll join you. Always good to have a buddy.
    One caveat: I am thinking more low glycemic response, and a little less Dr. A's interpretation these days. Nothing huge, just been reading a lot more. But I'll join you!
  • silvergirl33
    Options

Not sure I understand what "more low glycemic response and less Dr. A's interpretation" means. Does it mean no wine and no dark chocolate?
  • magic71755
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am making changes today...HAD A HORRIBLE eating DAY YESTERDAY. Good thing I am going in a couple of hours late today...working late shift. My tummy is a mess.

Today's Menu:

b eggs and zip fizz
    s cuties two
    l 1 slice Havarti cheese and Kirkland sliced oven roasted turkey breast...(fresh is best, but at least this is a start)...was in Costco and bought a three pack. one laughing cow light spreadable and one sliced bell pepper.
    d packaged salad.
    d probably one vita cake.

it's a start. not perfect. thinking that dessert has always been my problem. may just keep the vita cake...ONE, not two. Vita Cake with cuppa tea for bedtime.

This pretty much will be my menu for today and tomorrow...will add avocado if I can get it to ripen by tomorrow.

I am sick of frozen Amy's organic. This menu is a good start for me. Will reval on Sunday.

• magic71755
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well, this is what I am thinking...

Just turning 68 and still having to work, I need to feel great each day...and from the way I ate yesterday, I have no idea how people that eat like I did yesterday, make it through the day.

I really believe I am finally more about eating to live...and live with energy, than living to eat. I do not want to wake up tomorrow like I did today. UGH. :(

I am looking forward to my menu today.

Best to both of you...happy u are still here. <3