OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    No snow here, alas! Still haven't put ornaments on tree yet. Been very busy with assorted stuff. Need to sort gifts and thinking about the long to-do list for this week and looking forward to

Karla, hope you're all well again soon. Waving hi to everyone - back to laundry duty!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi gang. I've been waaayyy busy it feels like, but as I think back I can't really remember much of what it's been that kept me busy last week. Let's see...I worked 3 days, there was the state finals football game, at least 2 basketball games we attended in person + 3 Thunder games on TV, I've decorated the tree finally and wrapped all presents, attended a family funeral and a family baptism. Still have 3 gift cards to buy and one gift yet to arrive from Amazon. Maybe I really have been busy!

I go to NW AR for work tomorrow and will be home Tuesday night - just in time to take Dave for a heart test I can't pronounce on Wednesday. We're hoping for no more stents... this coming weekend, my niece and nephew from west TX will be here. There's a big extended family Christmas dinner at lunchtime Saturday, Dave's bank's fancy dress-up Christmas party Saturday night, our annual Christmas party at our house Sunday night and we have the Thunder tickets for next Monday.

Holy cow! It makes me tired just typing it! Getting here more regularly, continuing to track everything, eating normally for the non-party meals, and squeezing in extra steps where I can is the plan! Wish me luck!

I'm in on the 21-day challenge- at least for however many days are left. My goal is to focus on getting my steps in. That seems to be where I'm struggling the most. It's been cold and I don't enjoy treadmill walking. I prefer to do my walking outside. One trick I've discovered that helps is to download an audio library book and listen while I walk. The time goes much faster that way!

Later,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi All-
    Sorry I'm MIA on the weekends, right now just so busy with holidays and trying to get the new book reading for another beta reader. But eventually I'll be back in the normal swing.
    Patti- no issue in telling Bert :) - I'll go back to hypno... after the new year as they're back in the area. The sugar monster has good days and bad but overall trending in a better direction.
    We're getting the weather from the mid west today, 6 inches of snow - then rain then deep freeze. but the rivers are stream are so low we'll take it.
    I only put the tree up this year- zero other decorations. Just don';t have the energy and Rick wants us to do it but well I've had to wrap all the gifts this year, Rick seems to be having issues with dexterity and his frustration mounts.
    I miss you all terribly but once we get through the holidays we'll all be back here in regular attendance!
    I miss salads.... lol
    Until later
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good morning, rainy and cold here. Praying I don't get called off at work again but have back up plans just in case. Tomorrow mom has an early morning appointment for her next eye injection. She wants to take the winter off but I doubt the Dr will go along with that plan, lol. Spent some time in my craft room yesterday. I got some things accomplished I have been putting off, like organizing files, tax papers and cleaning up my work space. Made a couple of cards and finished the last available season on Netflix of Once Upon a Time. Now need to finish Reign before I can start The Crown. Hoping the last of my gifts arrive today or tomorrow and then I will get every hing w rapped.

Suzi, hi there. My but you have been busy and looks like the trend will continue. Glad you have a moment to catch up with us. This time of year is especially hard for us all to balance family, parties, food and me time. Sounds like you are doing well.

Cindy, I can repeat to you what I said to Suzi. Has Rick had a neuro eval? I wonder with his dexterity paired with the other issues he is having emotionally. Just a thought. I sometimes wish I had a tree and then I could focus all my decorating on it and not end up putting my stuff all over the house, lol.

Karla, hope today finds you and Glenn much better and that Jason has a good Dr visit.

Janet, are you still having issues with being able to post here?

Better finish getting ready for work. No phone call so guess that means they "need" me, lol

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, if I post from my old laptop (now), I can't do more than a few lines but not feeling super chatty anyway - just a lot going on. Must run a few errands, then get back to Christmas stuff. VERY full week but at the end of it I get to see Caleb!!!!!! Ate like crap over the weekend (stress) but climing back on today. Need to relose 20. Wish I were more motivated - being alone this time of year is just not easy. At least I will see several close friends & family over the next two weeks. Am dreading my brother and (sadly) glad he won't be at the party Saturday night (Caleb's other grandparents' party - driving to MI Saturday, home Sunday because I haven't seen Caleb in a year - can't wait!).
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning, nice to see so many checking in, even with the busy season upon us.

Jason is at the doctor's now and I am very hopeful that he will get the stress that is beating him down under control, be able to do his self-care better and make good life decisions. It is what we all want for our loved ones.

Janet - Sorry you are under stress too, but Caleb is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Patti- The protocol on the injections is every two months and they have not let up on my father. The damage will return if your mother tries to stop the series. I know the weather is brutal up there, but I hope you will insist she continues. The doctor told me last month that my dad would never be able to stop his at this point, with him totally relying on the sight of just one eye, he didn't want to take the chance, and you mother is pretty much in the same boat. I hope they don't keep calling you off to work too. That is what is bad about retail.

Suzi- Good to see and read you.. lol. Those were some pretty flowers that got sent to Jodi. Here mother is down here with her now. Her and I have just got to get together.

Today is Izzy's actual birthday. She is 5!! She spent the night and we are going to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to Target for a special cupcake and toy. Her party is Saturday.

Have a great day and take care..

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    It was a quick 5 hour day at work. I am really loving it there.

Janet, I know this is a rough time of year for you for so many reasons. So glad that you will be getting some Caleb time. He is certainly a heart stealer.

Karla, good to see you back and happy birthday to your Izzy. I know Mom can't take any time off from her injections, she just gets crazy ideas and thinks she can get away with it. She is on monthly injections for now and for as long as there is improvement, which there certainly is! I told her to go ahead and ask the Dr (as I chuckled out loud).

Need to get on dinner prep, chicken parm, green beans and mashed potatoes....that's what's for dinner.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We had a good time in Chicago. We stayed another day as 10 inches of snow fell on Saturday night/Sunday afternoon. Mike thought we could make it home, but we were able to help out Dan and Annie by staying. So it was a win-win for us.

Suzi: An audio book sounds like a great idea. I usually listen to Pandora while I work out, but an audio book sounds like a great switch up. Any suggestions?

Patti: I watched The Crown. It was good. I'll start on Reign at some point. Thanks for the suggestions.

My eating was pretty good this past weekend. I've started out the day with Steel Cut Oatmeal and Whey Protein on top. I'm determined to have healthy eating day! I so want to lose 15 lb. and KEEP IT OFF! Any suggestions?

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hello Everyone-
    I had steel cut for breakfast today and a banana with milk- still feeling full at 10:40 so a positive. Need to shake things up a bit I think.
    Patti- Rick is afraid to go to the doctor and there is nothing I can do other than suggest and encourage. Ultimately taking care of ourselves sometimes means we need to be brave. But thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate your concern.
    Janet- So glad you're seeing Caleb even for a quick visit- babies are so wonderfully innocent and full of pure joy and love
    Bert- Whole foods is my suggestion- the body can process them best with lots of fiber.
    I also read an article that stated eating non-cream soups at lunch with a small protein filled salad or half sandwich has proven to be a good aid in WL. I bought some things to make the WW veggie soup tomorrow night. I do love soup this time of year anyway.
    Suzi books on tape and exercise are a great idea- thanks for sharing.
    MaryLynn- I know you're a soup maker- what is your fav?
    Need to run but feeling happier since dropping by.
    Until later
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    The snow is here, I am so not a fan but for those of you that suffer through the heat of summer with me I will do the same for you this time of year, lol. Cancelled mom's eye appointment this am. I will not take a chance of her falling. She was more scared about me driving on the bad roads. It's all about perspective. House chores on my agenda for today and staying in!

Bert, I was able to download audiobooks from my local library for free onto my iPod. You might check with your library for the same service. You can choose whatever device you have to download to. I really miss my audiobooks but my computer no longer communicates with my iPod, reasons unknown. I need to replace my laptop but just don't have the cash right now. As far as weight loss advice, I think you are on the right path. Maybe change your goal to 5 pounds for now. Once you reach that then go for 5 more. It is amazing what your body hears your brain telling it. Things like I can't lose 15 pounds, that is too much. Sometimes just changing the dialogue changes results.

Blessings to you all
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi, all -- Going to be a very busy day but wanted to stop by before I get up to ZOOM mode. Errands, cleanup, organizer this evening. MUCH to do.

Bert, glad you stayed the extra day - more time with the kids was a good thing! Patti, hope you got your mom's appointment rescheduled so she doesn't backslide on the terrific progress she's made with vision. Karla, hope everyone's feeling better. Cindy, good to see you! Big hugs to all.
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    7lvaxnsh99jx.jpg

The morning view from our deck... lots of snow up here!
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies,
    Busy season for so many of us! Hang in there, all and don't beat yourself up if you are less than "perfect", okay? Give yourself the gift of forgiveness and kindness, too. You are loved.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    MaryLynn, that looks SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing your view with us!

Made some progress today but have much to do. Except for the arrival of a few things I've ordered, Christmas shopping is done. Wrapping is un-begun though, but it will happen, as will cards. I hope. See you all tomorrow!
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies.....It's 5 degrees this morning! Brrrrrrr I'm running errands today as our retired teachers' group was to travel to Indy to have lunch and shop. It was cancelled as no one wanted to shop in the cold weather (it's an outside mall). I'm ok with not shopping as my shopping is done, and, like Patti, I don't have the cash right now.

MaryLynn: Your photo should be on a Christmas card! It's gorgeous.

Yesterday's eating was ok. I always do pretty well for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is my challenge, especially when I cook for both Mike and me. He doesn't like much of the food I should eat, and I don't feel like making two dinners. I do make fish for me and steak for him sometimes. Tonight will be better as I'm going out with my church group for our Christmas dinner. I already know I'm ordering salmon!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    A bit warmer here.....11! It is Yaya baking day, otherwise I wouldn't be leaving the house, lol. We will bake all day and then another friend of ours will bring dinner when she gets off work. So a day celebrating the season with the women I love best. It is so beautiful with everything covered in a blanket of fluffy snow. We only got 4 inches so very doable.

Bert, enjoy your dinner. I am very fortunate that Edd will eat anything I cook. Are tastes are very similar, except he loves peppers and I don't; I love onions and he doesn't. I would not do well at all if I had to make 2 separate meals.

Better go warm the car and chip off the ice.
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    Options
    HI Girls-
    We will be getting the deep freeze tomorrow so I'm prepared. Thanks for sending it my way Bert and Patti LOL
    All is doing fine here. It seems that we are all very busy but I'm so glad we check in from time to time.
    I'm not overly stressing about food but working on eating things higher in fiber so at least i feel full and pushing water.
    Karla- how are you??
    Need to run bu thinking of each one of you and count you as a blessing.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    What a fun day baking, laughing and eating. We have made a vow to never again make anything that requires a candy thermometer. Last year the fudge never set. This year the caramels and divinity didn't come out either. We decided the caramels were the fault of the recipe and the divinity was a combo of beating the egg whites too early and letting them sit, combined with too much humidity in the kitchen. Everything else came out just fine. Now waiting to watch Pentatonix Christmas special. It's is supposed to be in single digits tomorrow but now more snow. Working 12-5 if they don't cancel me.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi, all - Waiting for PTX special here too, Patti. Did you get your mom's eye appointment rescheduled? Thanks for the gorgeous card. You really are an artist.

Bert, Cindy, wish I could take everyone's cold weather or give you some of my joy at colder weather! House got cleaned and I have been sorting gifts by recipient group. Need to get cards done as the next big task - with the exeption of gifts that must be sent, I can wrap early next week. Have eaten oddly so far, going to have soup soon. Hugs to all!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Thanks Janet, but I think I never got over being a kid. Love coloring, cutting and pasting, lol. I was a bit disappointed with the special. They sang everything from last year's cd. Was really hoping to hear something new. But I still love them.

Patti