Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Hope this place picks up after New Years :)

Kimi - hope you feel better soon! Stuff has been going around like crazy here too.

Strong Curves, Week 9-12, Workout B #4
    SL hip thrust - 3x15@BW
    Chin ups - 3x3 with smaller band assist, 3x4 with larger assist
    RFESS - 3x8@8 lbs DBs
    OHP - 3x10@33 lbs
    Good morning - 3x10@58 lbs
    X band walk - 1x30 each side
    Plank - 60 s
    DB side bend - 1x10@20 lbs each side

All in all, still really tired. DD was coughing through the night and awake x3. Convinced myself to get up and do this workout but couldn't convince myself to push that hard on it. Hoping that even a middling effort is better than nothing.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    I qualified. OH MY GOODNESS.

Stephanie Willcox F.I.A

Looks good

Today was also my last day at work.

Aigre I promise you I will be back with a bang in January (and a new gym, and let's face it, likely to be a new routine) x
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Woohooo congrats Stephie! That's fantastic, well done. Now you can enjoy a well earnt break.

Aigre - it will.... always busy at the start of a new year.

Kimi - feel better soon!

Got all my DL reps yesterday! Can't quite believe it, Not lifted 90kg for more than 2-3 reps before so to do 5 x8 was crazy. It didn't even feel that heavy. My biggest issue is trying to keep my shoulders back whilst reaching for the bar in the set up. That said, my new trainer was awesome help, and told me that my back rounds less than his, so I'm pretty happy with that :D

Today is bench/ OHP - not my fave and the weight is supposed to be going up. I'm a bit tight from yesterdays efforts so I might go later in the day when I've loosened off a bit.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I've been out of the gym for like a week. Didn't have work though I get paid for today. Gotta love the PTO. Sister had a little trial at a coffee shop for a potential job, so while she was doing that, I went and lifted. Does require waiting when I want to use the squat racks but once get one, it's all good. Just did what I felt like since went to the one closer to home that has the same size weights. I hadn't done pendlay in a long time but feels nice not having to stack plates to get the right height.

However, I keep making the error of not eating much aside from a little candy (peppermint peeps with lower half dipped in chocolate). Not good to have so little and do an afternoon lifting session. I got a tiny bit dizzy and had to sit down during my rests during a couple of sets.

squats - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95 and with belt 4x5 @ 165
    pendlay row - 1x8 @ 65 and 3x5 @ 95 tried one set with belt but it was weird
    deadlift - 1x8 @ 135 and 3x5 @ 185 with belt

Then about 15 minutes walking on treadmill to clear my head, which is a struggle since cardio is located upstairs at this location.
  • AigreDoux
    Dawn - glad you are liking your new gym!

Jo - that's a lot of deadlifting!

Stephie - yeay for new beginnings, and congrats on your exam results! A nice early Christmas present!!

3.1 mile run this morning. A little bit of black ice, so took it slower than usual. Tomorrow I'll finish up with Strong Curves.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • jo_marnes
    Merry Christmas everyone :D

Great run Aigre.

My lifting is done for the week, unfortunately have done zero cardio which leaves 2 x combat for this weekend. That's ok.... it'll give me something to do other than eat on Christmas day. In other news, I am finally up to 35kg (77lbs) on bench reps. A year or so I got 1 set of 5 @ 35kg, and then yesterday I got sets of 7, 7, 5/1, 6/1, 4/2/1 (with the / indicating a re-rack pause). I know it's still a little weight but I am so glad to now be seeing progression - my kind of Christmas present!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Jo - Sounds great!

Aigre - Yay for run.

I enjoyed my days off from work back to everything. Working morning but that's okay. Sister and I had pizza for Christmas Eve. mmm so much cheese my stomach hates me but was so worth it.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
  • jo_marnes
    Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

Bench day with no spotter today - could be interesting. Yukky squat day yesterday. Rest of the week had better be better! 'Tis almost the time when the MFP boards will be overrun with those making NY resolutions..... I don't think I have any other than "keep going" lol. How about everyone else?
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Back in the gym today....Lower body and hypertrophy. Round 1 day 4

SQ 3x8 @ 60kg 1x15 @ 50kg
    Leg press 3 x 8 @ 85kg 1 x 15 @75kg
    Leg curl 3x8 @15kg
    Back extension 3x8@ 10kg plate
    Standing calf raise 3x18 @ 20kg KB
    Kneeling cable crunch 1x15 @ 12.5kg 2 x 15@ 15 kg
    Lying leg raises 3x15
    side planks 3 x 30 secs each side

• AigreDoux
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I had an awesome day since the kids were so excited. Still trying to figure out my new Apple Watch!

I moved my long run from Sunday to Monday this week. 6.1 miles yesterday, again just under 10 min/mile.

Today I started my new ETP lifting program. It's a "bro split" I think, so we will see if I like it. First day is chest day. I got a new inclining bench to be able to do this workout, so it was all new exercises and I was having trouble figuring out what weights to use. Failed on the incline press a few times but yeay for safeties.

Incline bench press - 1x5@53 lbs, 1x5@55 lbs, 1x3@60 lbs, 1x3@55 lbs, 1x2@60 lbs (failed last rep). Next time I may choose 1x5@53, 1x5@55, 3x3@57 or 58.
    Decline bench press - what a weird exercise. 5x6@33 lbs
    DB narrow grip bench press - 5x6@15 lbs DBs
    DB chest fly - 1x8@8 lbs DBs, 1x8@10 lbs DBs, 1x8@12 lbs DBs, 1x8@15 lbs DBs. Next time I would do 4x8@12 lbs DBs
    Overhead tricep extension - 4x12@10 lbs
    Then I went out and ran 2 miles at a quick 9:15 pace. Felt good and fast.

Tomorrow is squat day. Looking forward to it!

Eating has been awful. Way too many leftovers around and easy access to cookies and leftover lasagna and roast beef. Can't wait til all this temptation is gone and I can get back to a regular routine.
  • AigreDoux
    Squat day went well! Will be sore tomorrow, though!

Squats - 1x5@33 lbs, 1x5@55 lbs, 1x5@80 lbs, 1x5@85 lbs, 3x3@90 lbs
    RDL - 4x8@83 lbs
    RFESS - 4x8@BW
    Farmer walks - 15 lbs DBs x ?# of ft, just walked around the house a bit, x4
    Reverse lunges - 4x8@33 lbs
    Back extensions - 4x30@BW
    Valslide push aways - 4x10
    Reverse crunches - 5x10

Forced myself back to logging today and it's not so bad despite eating a hamburger at the zoo for lunch. Enjoy the last days of 2016, all!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Merry Christmas ladies! Or Happy Hanukah.
    After a week out of the gym, I went back today. Started tracking food on Monday. Surprisingly didn't gain ANY holiday Weight BONUS!
    SLide Mtn climber x30
    SLRDL 2x10@30s
    Push-ups 2x10
    Cable BOR 2x10@30s
    Front Squat 2x10@70
    Doing the front Squats at the end is HARD!
  • jo_marnes
    samntha14 wrote: »

Why do them at the end? Seems counter productive to me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    Had a cold through most of this week. Did get in a lifting session today, though. fibonacci's!

BOOM!
  • AigreDoux
    edited December 2016
    Still sore from squats yesterday, but got in a 4.5 mile run anyway. In the cold and rain.

Then came home and made lobster cream pasta for dinner. Boom, as beeps would say
  • samntha14
    jo_marnes wrote: »
    samntha14 wrote: »

Why do them at the end? Seems counter productive to me.

It's just where they are in the Stage 5 workout.
    Feel better Beeps. At least you got a session in.

I will go to the gym tomorrow. I'm trying to force myself to get some things done as vacation winds down.
  • samntha14
    Got all kinds of stuff done today. Gym, Cleaning, Laundry
    Strong S5 B3
    Roll outs 2x10
    KB Swings 3x8@ 30lbs
    SA PP 3x8@30lbs
    Inverted Rows 3x8
    Reverse Lunges 3x8@ 30s
    Cleaned the kids' room, started to put Christmas away.
  • AigreDoux
    Nice workout, Sam, and yeay for getting stuff done around the house!

Today was deadlift/back day.
    Deadlifts - 1x5@103 lbs, 1x5@120 lbs, 1x5@125 lbs, 3x3@130 lbs
    Inverted row - 5x8
    Chin ups - 10x4, had to use my strongest band to get this volume. May need to adjust this as there is too much resistance at the bottom to be building much strength there.
    Meadow rows - 5x12, weight of bar only
    Cable row - 4x12 resistance band
    Bent over row - 4x12@20 lbs was pretty fried at this point and even that light of a weight was tough!
    15 min incline treadmill walk
    Trip to the zoo in the cold. We are apparently the only family who needs to get outside so bundles up for zoo trips and such.

Tomorrow is OHP/shoulders day.
  • AigreDoux
    Shoulders/Arms day today

OHP - 1x5@33 lbs, 1x5@40 lbs, 1x5@45lbs, 3x3@45 lbs
    Lateral DB raise - 4x10@8 lbs
    Scrape the rack press - 4x8@33 lbs
    Reverse curl - 5x10@whatever the weight of my DH's ancient EZ curl bar is
    Rear lateral raise - 4x12@5 lbs
    Incline DB hammer curls - 4x10@8 lbs
    DB front raise - 4x10@5 lbs

All in all a really humbling workout. My upper body strength is nonexistent, even after lifting for a year. My forearms in particular will be really sore. I have so far to go.