2017 on the beach!

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
I wanted to start a fresh thread. I figure each of us is going to renew, reboot, recommit, or refresh for the new year. Myself included.
As with earlier, my food goals will correspond with fitness/health goals.

I plan to start anew with a reboot on Jan 1, after holiday travels with hubs. I'm sticking to my low glycemic roots, but am indulging a bit, and the wine is flowing....

Cheers and see you in 2017, hopefully with a few new members!

Replies

• Kristi4Fitness
    Kristi4Fitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Getting started a bit early. Day 2 lost 3 lbs. Day 3 today and had major sugar cravings. Had several pieces of sugar free gum - this worked! Looking forward to being part of this group! :smiley:
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone...here's the plan for today:
    NOT sure...New Year's Brunch today at my sister's. Will report back later as to how the day went.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi all. I'm getting started today!
  • magic71755
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Today went like this:

B. Egg over easy, sautéed spinach and inspiralized sweet potato.
    L: waffles ham two eggs syrup and butter.
    Dinner: meat sauce with fresh spinach cooked in...over bed of zucchini zoodles. Meat sauce: 80/20 beef, mushrooms, onions, olives, TJs spaghetti sauce #99 no sugar
    D. HC fudge bar with 2T peanut butter.

• magic71755
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Monday's Plan

Breakfast. Scrambled eggs, avocado, corn salsa
    Lunch. Meat sauce with fresh spinach cooked in over bed of zucchini spiralized noodles
    Snack. Apple
    Dinner. Roasted turkey, chicken broth soup with carrot zoodles, onions, celery
    Dessert. HC fudge bar with PB

My zoodles are actually made with my Inspiralizer, Ali Maffucci. Bought the two books by Ali Maffucci...Inspiralize Everything and Inspiralize...bought everything from Amazon.

PS. I am currently having an issue with the knob that turns the blades...feel that she has excellent customer service and will replace it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today was a bit of a wing it, since we hadn't gone grocery shopping.
    I did make a crock pot of beans.

Tmw plan:
    Br: eggs with smoked salmon
    lu: pinto beans
    di: stir fried tofu and asparagus
    snacks: string cheese, nuts
  • Kristi4Fitness
    Kristi4Fitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Got an early start and lost 4 lbs so far. Stepping into phase 2 a bit early. Vegetarian and phase one is zapping me of energy. Phase two gives me options, energy and a better chance at sticking with it! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Must get out to the market!

Today's Activities: 5k run, 1 hr yoga.

Today's eating
    Br: eggs with smoked salmon
    sn: babybell, nuts
    Lu: pinto beans
    sn: berries
    di: stir fry veg and tofu
    drinks: lots of water, and licorice mint tea

cheers!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Got an early start and lost 4 lbs so far. Stepping into phase 2 a bit early. Vegetarian and phase one is zapping me of energy. Phase two gives me options, energy and a better chance at sticking with it! :)

I hope you'll post your phase 2 eating plans. Hubs is a vegetarian. I'm not. I'd love to see more vegetarian inspiration!
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Haven't been too far off as I ended 2016. However, you folks are inspiring me to do better still.

Today:

Br: V8 juice, All-Bran Bran Buds, banana, blueberries, skim milk
    Lu: black bean soup, spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and clementine, 2 ak mak crackers
    Sn: pear/skim mozzarrella stick, yogurt/apple
    Di: green salad, turkey & white bean meatloaf, cauliflower & broccoli, whole wheat mini bagel, pistachios
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today:
    Steel cut oats, savory (spinach and cheese)
    sn: cauliflower
    lu: pinto beans
    di: vegetable soup
    de: SF chocolate pudding.

• magic71755
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone...here is how today went:

break: eggs, corn salsa, coffee
    lunch: meat sauce over zucchini noodles
    dinner: vegetable soup home made with rice (veggies: celery, carrots, zucchini, onions)
    dessert: peanut butter and apple

Sleep well everyone. I feel better with whole food in my body...done with Amy's frozen. I love my inspiralizer, btw. They are sending me a replacement. Great customer support. You can see the reviews on amazon. It's the one by Ali. INSPIRALIZER
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Today, the plan IS:

b: scrambled eggs, corn salsa, coffee
    l : left over veggie soup with rice
    s: orange
    d: veggie soup with chicken and rice
    d: apple with peanut butter

HAGDE!
  • magic71755
    Options
    The new South Beach Diet has been advertised on tv...it's very Nutrisystem-esque. I just finished a big bowl of veggie rice soup with spinach added. No chicken. Too tired to stop and buy and cook.

I finally stopped eating Amy's light and lean frozen. Pretty sure I am going to stay away from plunking down all that dough for frozen food program.
  • magic71755
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Today's Plan is going to look like this:

b hard boiled egg/Trader Joe's chile corn salsa mash with a side of avocado
    l veggie soup with rice and spinach
    s oranges
    d probably tilapia and inspiralized veggies
    d Healthy Choice fudge bar and peanut butter

Feeling so much better since I made veggies the star of my day. Not sure how much I have lost...but honestly, being able to fly through my day feeling happy is more important. The feeling of well being is worth passing up all the goodies.
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, Magic. Only I wish it weren't so much more work ;) .

Today:

Br: V8 juice, All-Bran Bran Buds, banana, blueberries, skim milk
    Lu: black bean soup, spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and clementine, 2 ak mak crackers
    Sn: pear/skim mozzarrella stick, yogurt/apple
    Di: green salad, salmon and vegetables TBD, whole wheat mini bagel, pistachios

This may change, since I might be going out to eat for either lunch or dinner.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    The new South Beach Diet has been advertised on tv...it's very Nutrisystem-esque. I just finished a big bowl of veggie rice soup with spinach added. No chicken. Too tired to stop and buy and cook.

I finally stopped eating Amy's light and lean frozen. Pretty sure I am going to stay away from plunking down all that dough for frozen food program.

I just saw an ad for the new frozen stuff. I haven't decided if I'll try it.

Amy's is my go to frozen food, I always have a couple of burritos on stand by.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today's plan:
    br: savory oats with 2/3 cup steel cut oats, spinach, an egg, and some avocado
    sn: none. Did you see that breakfast? lol
    lu: kale and chickpea salad, possibly with salmon or sardines
    di: the last night of the vegetarian chinese hot pot.
    de: SF chocolate pudding.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Oh great. So what do you all think? Think this frozen South Beach might be something?
  • magic71755
    Options
    I looked up the website...called...looked at the menu. I don't know. I tried Nutrisystem a couple times...always ended up giving the food away. I just think it's better to cook our own food...make it as easy as possible.

I am going to stick with what I am doing. I lost 40 pounds on SB the first time around...went from 175 to 135. I am 147 today.

Time to just do the work...prepare the meals and just do it.

Today ended up like this:

b hb eggs and corn salsa
    l I left it in the fridge.
    late after noon: added more spinach to my rice and veggie soup. split an apple with puppy dog.
    snack: hot chocolate made with water.
    snack: oranges
    dessert: peanut butter and HC fudge bar