Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    RoosterDJC wrote: »
    Started doing Keto for 2017. Lost 9 lbs so far. I have just not been eating breakfast. Its coffe and half and half until noon. Anyone else doing this?

Mon thru friday. Sat & sunday i usually make family breakfast.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    When i do this successfully, i dont have anything but coffee/cream til 2pm ish, sometimes til 6pm. And still have mega energy once I'm fat adapted. Really amazes me. Keto is rhe best!
  • elize7
    Options
    Starting the 4 week keto challenge today, hoping to clean up my food/activity act! Goals are pretty standard for my food plan, and a combo of walking, yoga and bodyweight strength for my activity plan. Sometimes a challenge works for me. Hoping this one does. I did succeed at a 4 week plank challenge once...
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm doing a four week keto challenge as well. I am on Day five now, on keto again. This is the first day I've felt mental clarity!!!! I'm so grateful for this, and so eager to get to where I need to be.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    I love Keto! I purposely let myself I have carbs on Easter and have regretted it ever since! My body does so much better when I eat this way!
  • elize7
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Had a 3.8 pound beginner's woosh after only one day. Feel so motivated. Really hoping that will ramp up as the week goes along, so my weekly loss goal numbers will become more reasonable for the duration of the challenge.
    As I look at them, a small, tiny, very softspoken voice of reason is saying, " it might be more like six weeks to actually reach your goal...based on past experience..."
    But, I will give that voice the floor only after 4 weeks. Four weeks is doable and I can make a real good dent no matter the end numbers.
    Such a head game for me. Still takes up too much of my time. But I figure I make it up in time saved not having to cook much.
    Have a great day pals!

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    Good morning! A new day to kick *kitten* and take names!
  • elize7
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Baby whoosh of 1.4 lbs. Total in two days is 5.2 lbs. Wowza. That helps my mood a bit.
    Not feeling the total energy rush yet...but waiting for it...

Have an unexpected movie night at a friends house tonight... then on Friday I'm going back to one of my dance nights...lost the other to the dreaded ex, but it's forcing me to reach out and expand socially. That is good, and since it's at a friends home it feels more real than dance night at the bar- even though I just love all my pals there.

Going back to my beginning keto habits feels good. I'm remembering how committed and fierce I was then about getting the weight off. Trying to keep my mind in that space for now. 27 days to go...15 Lbs. A little over a 1/2 lb a day. Not really realistic, but shooting for it and then re-evaluate. Hoping to get back to new goal weight again by the first day of summer!
    Now that is a challenge I can sink my teeth into.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @elize7 you're doing fantastic!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    After 2 days I'm down 2.6. Keeping net carbs around 50 bc I'm nursing my 9 month old. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will finally help me lose weight after failing at EVERYTHING else I've tried. My goal is to add exercise in over the next week . I've hardly worked out at all in the past 9 months. I have a couple of autoimmune diseases, one of which is hashimotos hypothyroidism. (The other disease causes lots of joint pain and fatigue.) Really hoping this WOE is the answer.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Hey I lost four pounds this last week, and I bet it would've been a couple more, but for TOM, DOMS, and not being able to go doodoo.

You are all doing sooooo great!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @SuperCarLori you are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori you are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you!

Thank you, my friend! You inspired me.
  • elize7
    Options
    Okay. Messed up at movie night. 6 homemade cookies on an otherwise perfect day.
    Not the end of the world, but then this.
    Dreaded ex keeps texting me and it messes my mind up. Havent responded yet, but its 3pm and im having a carby cocktail that i created for the break up which is called "the FU and then his first name initial which just happens to be K.
    Im writing a text response just so i can let this go. I am vacillating between something angry, something dismissive, and something real, but not needy. Every week for 4 weerks of 8, he has made a lame attempt to contact me. It really messes with my head, and avoiding him doesn't help. I suspect he doesnt want to reconcile, just wants to make nice nice due to mutual friends.
    Any one out there who has managed to have a good, healthy relationship who would care to help me out with suggestions would make my day! i feel like a babe in the woods. Dont know what to do. Would like to remain civil so I could still see my dance night friends, and not mess up my keto food plan. The anxiety is getting to me big time.
    Thanks for being here pals.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Okay. Messed up at movie night. 6 homemade cookies on an otherwise perfect day.
    Not the end of the world, but then this.
    Dreaded ex keeps texting me and it messes my mind up. Havent responded yet, but its 3pm and im having a carby cocktail that i created for the break up which is called "the FU and then his first name initial which just happens to be K.
    Im writing a text response just so i can let this go. I am vacillating between something angry, something dismissive, and something real, but not needy. Every week for 4 weerks of 8, he has made a lame attempt to contact me. It really messes with my head, and avoiding him doesn't help. I suspect he doesnt want to reconcile, just wants to make nice nice due to mutual friends.
    Any one out there who has managed to have a good, healthy relationship who would care to help me out with suggestions would make my day! i feel like a babe in the woods. Dont know what to do. Would like to remain civil so I could still see my dance night friends, and not mess up my keto food plan. The anxiety is getting to me big time.
    Thanks for being here pals.

@elize7 - just think how much worse you would feel having those cookies on top of a high carb day! So that's a win unto itself, right?

I'm sorry this guy is stressing you.

It really depends on what he's said and all, how I would base my response. Something along the links of, "I appreciate you reaching out. I've moved on, and believe you should do so as well. Thankfully we're both grown adults and can be in the same room without acting like children."
  • elize7
    Options
    Thanks, Knit. Might do that. Since all my friends are from the group, I dont feel comfortable talking about it to them. Never again. Venting at least feels better than stewing.
    Have three upcoming events that i can go to this weekend, so that will take my mind off things.
    Back to keto. I'll find out the damage tomorrow and get back to it. I notice that even with all the back and forth eating of this year, I get back into ketosis pretty fast. And when I do the supplements and salt, which I do faithfully, there really isn't any keto flu! So that is good.Tomorrow, if I up the salt amounts til the extra water lets go, it will be even better.
    Ultimately, one goal that I have for maintenance is to find the number of carbs i can eat which lets,me maintain, but also minimizes keto breath. Has anyone found what range that might be for them?
    Would be nice to finally put that piece away for good.
  • gooberiam
    gooberiam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for Keto friends with public journals! Mine is public and I would love help, support, advice and ideas.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @elize7 - Ran across this yesterday talking about quitting sugar and anxiety. Tell me if it doesn't speak to you...

"Yip! And the amino acids help you quit so easily! No willpower required!
    GABA for stress-eating, DPA for comfort-I deserve-it cravings, tryptophan for eating for happiness, tyrosine for energy and focus and glutamine for intense cravings due to low blood sugar
    If these don't help enough candida needs to be considered"
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So, I've noticed my protein is always higher than fat... anywhere from 5 g to 20 g more. Is that a problem?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Carly or Karen Thanks for giving advice and support to others. Do either of you have an answer to @mjj79 about excess protein to fat ratio?