Net Carbs: 25
    Fat:102
    Protein:59

30 minutes of mall-walking done!
    Pretty good day, I think.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    My energy levels are increasing as well! It was touch and go for a few days there, now I'm not noodling out anymore!
    My carbs today are 13 net and my calories are only in the 1300'S! Woo HOO it's working again!!!!!!!

You are all doing very well, high five. :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Excitement for the day here is I got my 3 yr old granddaughter to actually go into the swimming pool with me. She usually just sits on the edge and refuses to go in. By the end of the afternoon she was leaping into the pool on her own and swimming back to the edge without grandma holding on to her at all! That is a successful day in my book!

Struggling with the munchies today. Haven't given in to them but boy I want to!

Marcelyn
    90 in Houston today so it pool play day!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    1,931kcal/55g net carbs/122g fat/135g protein/28g fiber

Way over on calories and carbs today.

Tomorrow is another day...

Karen in Virginia
  • Marcelynh
    I gave in to the munchies. :frowning: At least I munched on macadamia nuts but I had way too many. Don't even want to consider the calorie intake. Stress eating totally. I have to be a duck..... let it roll off my back.... (neighborhood HOA issues). All good, I'll recover. Probably not even be hungry tomorrow morning. lol

Marcelyn
    Failure after a success day.... evens out to neutral. It's okay.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Today was another great day. Does anyone know if potasium makes you appetite increase? Or an I just wanting to chew on something. I feel hungey-full... If that a thing? Hungry-full? Lol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    I'm going to BINGO! Everyone seems to be getting energized B)
  • fanncy0626
    Day 7/28 Good morning everyone! The last day of our first week! I noticed that several of you have been loosing weight and getting on plan! Thanks everyone for the encouragement, advice, and support you have given to everyone!

Suggestion for today is to think about one thing that you can improve that will make you more successful! I need to work on drinking enough water!

Have a great last day of the first week!

Mary
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Ugh. Been playing with the same lb the past 3 days. Tomorrow is 1 week for me and I'm fluctuating between 3 and 4 lbs down :/
  • mjj79
    Per Mary's question: I have two things...water and exercise . Food has been on plan! Haven't cheated (not even a bite of the food I. Make for the kids) which is big for me.
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Mary's Question:

I think the things that I need to work on is getting exercise in. I am rather busy with school and find myself at home on the computer doing schoolwork when I am home. I need to carve an hour out for me - whether it is to take a walk with the dogs and my girls or lift some weights in my home gym. I need to do this for me. :) Have a great weekend everyone.
  • bolsen777
    bolsen777 Posts: 5 Member
    Mary's question: focus on hitting my macros. Part of that is figuring out how to get more fat without adding protein or carbs.

I spent a couple of hours this morning reading through past posts and looking at all the amazing links. I think I have a better grin on what my macros should be. Now I need to figure out how to meet them daily. To that end, I'm drinking a cup of homemade bullet proof coffee. Started out adding only 1/2 T of butter and 1/2 T of coconut oil. I didn't want to go through the trouble of using a blender, so I used a little spinning frother tool. It seemed to work fine. I always struggle with hunger on the weekends, so I'm hoping this burst of fat will help.

I have struggled a little with cramping. Often wake up in the middle of the night with the beginnings of leg cramps. I feel like I'm drinking gallons of water, but realize I haven't read anything on the recommended amount of water. Can you share your daily water goal with me? I have also tried to get extra salt and have even added a daily pickle with a little pickle juice. And because I'm prone to getting cramps (before going keto)I take an extra 250mg of magnesium daily.

Final questions for the day relate to ketosticks. I purchase a pack of them yesterday. I checked last night and again this morning and I'm "moderate". Right in the middle. Is that good? Should I be trying to get it up to "high"? When should I check it?

Hope I don't sound like I'm obsessing too much. For the past 7 weeks I've been trying this on my own, just me and the scale. I'm realizing the daily readings on my scale are a poor indication of how my overall health is changing. I'm trying to figure out how to step away from daily scale readings and relying on another indicator (macros or ketosticks) to verify that things are on track.
  • Marcelynh
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Ugh. Been playing with the same lb the past 3 days. Tomorrow is 1 week for me and I'm fluctuating between 3 and 4 lbs down :/

lol. I've been playing with the same pound for three months. We're on a first name basis....

Worked out in the yard pulling more roots and clearing the vine out. Seriously, another 50+ foot root. This vine is determined to survive! I was smart though and wore all long sleeves, gloves, boots, long pants... no poison sumac exposure this time! (I'm still miserable from the exposure 3 weeks ago)

As to the question of the day (week?)... what do I need to work on.
    • getting back to regular running
    • more water like everyone else it seems
    • limiting my protein, just trying to stay within my macros. It's the hardest part for me. I'm a true carnivore.
    • staying true to NO diet or sweetened drinks. Three weeks and not a single one and only one day of craving. I think I'm winning this one!
    • Educate myself more on Keto and athletes, prepping for the marathon early.
    • Find more recipes that pass the husband muster ;)
    Marcelyn
    loving it even if the pounds aren't coming off in Houston (inches are disappearing slowly)
  • mjj79
    Ugh. Let my emotions get the better of me and had a bagel .
  • mjj79
    Lost half my post....
    I did so well at my conference...resisted carbs left and right....came home and my teen gave me a hard time and I gave in :( so discouraged. Gonna try to fast till breakfast tomorrow now but not sure I'll make it...what are good options if I can't make it that long? (I'm 15 g over in carbs
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Today's totals: 1,172kcal/14g net carbs/90g fat/76g protein/9g fiber
    Lost half my post....
    I did so well at my conference...resisted carbs left and right....came home and my teen gave me a hard time and I gave in :( so discouraged. Gonna try to fast till breakfast tomorrow now but not sure I'll make it...what are good options if I can't make it that long? (I'm 15 g over in carbs

mjj Do you have fat bombs in the freezer for emergencies? For example:
    http://thecoconutmama.com/coconut-oil-fat-bombs/

Karen in Virginia
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Day #6
    Calories up a bit at 1507
    Carbs (net): 27
    Fat: 109
    Protein: 73

I took the day off exercise; back to it tomorrow!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2017
    Tomorrow will be my forst day of exercise. Yay!!!! Has anyone's sense of smell picked up? I notice that I can smell suga like no one's business. Another successful day for me around... at a soccer tournament for my son ALL day and stayed strong.

I am continually trying to increase my water intake.
  • fanncy0626
    bolsen777 wrote: »
    I have struggled a little with cramping. Often wake up in the middle of the night with the beginnings of leg cramps. I feel like I'm drinking gallons of water, but realize I haven't read anything on the recommended amount of water. Can you share your daily water goal with me? I have also tried to get extra salt and have even added a daily pickle with a little pickle juice. And because I'm prone to getting cramps (before going keto)I take an extra 250mg of magnesium daily.

Final questions for the day relate to ketosticks. I purchase a pack of them yesterday. I checked last night and again this morning and I'm "moderate". Right in the middle. Is that good? Should I be trying to get it up to "high"? When should I check it?
    I try to get 6-8 cups of water daily.
    https://www.ketovangelist.com/water-water-everywhere/

Keto sticks only tell if you have ketones in your urine it is recommended to check it first thing in the morning. If you are eating around 20-25 g of carbs you should be in ketosis.
    Lost half my post....

Sorry about the added stress! Instead of fasting after too many carbs do a extreme workout to burn the carbs. Strength workout if you can. Also that is the time to drink the Braggs apple cider vinegar 1 tbls in 4 oz water. The fat bombs are a great idea! I also love macadamia nuts. Also if you balance out your macros by eating more fat and protein to get your macros at fat 75% protein 20% and carbs 5% even if you're over on calories it could keep you in ketosis.