Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're relaxing this week! Isn't it awesome to still be able to maintain the IF lifestyle and enjoy life and the food and be relaxed about it?

Love your kitchen! What wonderful kids to cook such a nice meal for everyone! Sounds like it was delicious!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I'm so glad you're relaxing this week! Isn't it awesome to still be able to maintain the IF lifestyle and enjoy life and the food and be relaxed about it?

Love your kitchen! What wonderful kids to cook such a nice meal for everyone! Sounds like it was delicious!!

I was going to say! What a kitchen! Sign me up! LMAO
  • wsandy8512
    Options

I was going to say! What a kitchen! Sign me up! LMAO

IKR?!!! Looks so warm and welcoming! Of course, I sure would love to hear some tunes played on the guitar. :-)

Barbara, who plays?

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Steph, Sandy! your are invited!!! Its my husband and his daugther who play the guitar I sing along they also sing... our house is awesome we refurbished an old farm house and we´ve done it our way being super creative ... its a special place, love the energy we live in front of a special mountain...

On another note, I poured into a bottle my first kombucha brew after 12 days it tasted yummie intense fruity flavour... Still need to see how to get the full "soda" carbonated effect but I recon I need to let it settle in the bottle a couple of days and see...

vap804dz68cx.jpg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb, I'm new on the OMAD forum but I'm old to dieting. I think we start out feeling strong and in control of a new eating lifestyle but then the mind takes over and wants to cast doubts in order to get what the body is craving. It's like the mind is a master computer chip and will program us to have negative thoughts in order to get what it wants. This happens to me all the time. My initial resolve wanes slowly and I let the brain take over. I am approaching OMAD more simply: don't think too hard, just do what the program dictates and everything will work out weightwise in the end. Also, when I find myself thinking too much I just get up and do something physical. Just like depression my motto is "when you get down get up". Which means that if you are sitting or laying down and feel mentally down then get up off the couch and just even walking around will take you out of that thinking mode.
    Please remind me when I forget the above words...I know I'll need it! haha... I just read your whole journal and you are doing so great! I hope to have your success <3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @barbheart, I'm gonna hold you to that invite! Lol may be years and years away from ever getting to Spain, but I will remember.

My hubby and our daughter play guitar and she and I both sing as well. I love having musicians in the family! Your Kombucha looks awesome! You'll be mastering it in no time to get more fizz, I'm sure. :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Didn´t have any control on the type of OMAD I would eat today as the kids (husband´s daughter and her boyfriend) decided to cook for us today... end result: hamburger, salad, and potatoes with green peppers. Not bad at all!!! I also tried my Home made kombucha which was delicious and ended my window with a piece of choco and a biscuit.
    We had a jolly lunch 5 of us awesome!!! Love these new generations they are so cool about everything!!! I wouldn´t have dared to bring my boyfriend home for the first time and venture cooking a meal for my father and his partner not fully knowing how was my cooking going to end up!

This week seems a wierd Omad week I am not so much on top of things so I am more relaxed about it all which is great..I am still benefiting from NSV such as no pain in joints or no inflamation ...that in itself is brilliant!

w4b66u6ac75w.png

So jealous of your house!!
  • barbheart
    Options
    @barbheart, I'm gonna hold you to that invite! Lol may be years and years away from ever getting to Spain, but I will remember.

My hubby and our daughter play guitar and she and I both sing as well. I love having musicians in the family! Your Kombucha looks awesome! You'll be mastering it in no time to get more fizz, I'm sure. :)

LOL Sandy well whenever you come we make a big jam session!!! yeah! Hubby daughter is starting to record and she composes... she sings awesome .. <3

Sarah... 7 intense years working refurbishing this old farm and we are still working you can count 13 years working at it...and still not fully impecably finished...will we ever reach that state?..there is always dust and some tools all around the house LOL! never ending work!
  • barbheart
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Hi Barb, I'm new on the OMAD forum but I'm old to dieting. I think we start out feeling strong and in control of a new eating lifestyle but then the mind takes over and wants to cast doubts in order to get what the body is craving. It's like the mind is a master computer chip and will program us to have negative thoughts in order to get what it wants. This happens to me all the time. My initial resolve wanes slowly and I let the brain take over. I am approaching OMAD more simply: don't think too hard, just do what the program dictates and everything will work out weightwise in the end. Also, when I find myself thinking too much I just get up and do something physical. Just like depression my motto is "when you get down get up". Which means that if you are sitting or laying down and feel mentally down then get up off the couch and just even walking around will take you out of that thinking mode.
    Please remind me when I forget the above words...I know I'll need it! haha... I just read your whole journal and you are doing so great! I hope to have your success <3

@katjustkat thanks so much for your words...yes keep it simple and I LOVE YOUR MOTTO when you´re done get up! I am going to embrace it NOW!

Much love and success on your journey too! <3
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ate salad, chicken burguer, bit of bread and paté and 2 biscuits + dark chocolate piece+ my home made kombucha (tastes too good to be true). Fulfilling... (Not too focused on food this week)

Exercise wise I am not doing much lately... there´s been a lot of stuff going on at home and haven´t had a min to focus on that...fitting aircons and family visiting.

Not sure if I wanna ever weight myself again and get pissed off... LOL I look at my belly each morning from a side and it is shrinking...

I love my fasted state and I love how I feel and how less inflamed I am and how painless I am so that in itself is success... I love fasting I really do... what a discovery...
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude Barb. Keep it up.
    If we incorporate fasting into our lives and learn to be able to occasionally simply ignore hunger pangs because its not the end of the world, the rest will take care of itself. As you say it's a discovery process, one which opens up new potentials for finding healthier ways to live.
  • barbheart
    Options
    Thanks Jim you always offer us encouraging views :)
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not much to report...eating my usual meals... salad with rice, chicken organic hamburger, kombucha 2 tbsp of kefir, and piece of choco and small oat biscuit, I tried a bit of a german bread today some sort of bagel... nice.. the rice was resistant starch as I cooled it on the fridge yesterday.
    Little sport lately more focused on writing need to finish some work...
    :)
    Might join gymn in sept..

not sure if I want to weight ...
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh do you put the rice IN the salad?
  • barbheart
    Options
    4rbstx2y23id.jpg

Steph, yes...salads go very well with rice and this becomes a resistant starch if you cook the rice put it in the fridge and eat it the next day... check out resistant starches for their benefits as fibers, nourishment for our guts and not so fatning carbs...

So rice will combine wonderfully in salads with tomato, lettuce, arugula, kale, spinach onion, anything really... just add the rice (cold if preferably) and season the salad to your liking its awesome plus you can put smaller amounts of rice if you are on a low carb system and it will give you the taste of rice without have to eat tons...
    its fulfilling!

Also a nice combination is rice and tuna fish salad.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I get so many good ideas from the meal pictures on OMAD group.
    Like this one, putting a little rice in the salad. I never would have considered that.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    4rbstx2y23id.jpg

Steph, yes...salads go very well with rice and this becomes a resistant starch if you cook the rice put it in the fridge and eat it the next day... check out resistant starches for their benefits as fibers, nourishment for our guts and not so fatning carbs...

So rice will combine wonderfully in salads with tomato, lettuce, arugula, kale, spinach onion, anything really... just add the rice (cold if preferably) and season the salad to your liking its awesome plus you can put smaller amounts of rice if you are on a low carb system and it will give you the taste of rice without have to eat tons...
    its fulfilling!

Also a nice combination is rice and tuna fish salad.

HOW FUN! I just made some rice yesterday too! I'm going out to dinner tonight so that won't work, but I'll remember for next time!

Looks delish as usual! NOM NOM NOM
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Barbara, your meals always look too pretty to eat! I mean, is eat them, but I'd feel terrible destroying such art with utensils. Lol

You're doing so awesome, and that you don't feel the need to weigh is pretty darn cool! It's that you're feeling so amazing and seeing your body changing that is the most important. Hugs beautiful lady!
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    For 2 weeks I am at same weight. Have lost minor volume... I dont understand because I am following through and yet not seeing major results. for the amount of weight I have I should be dropping pounds like mad. I eat a third of what I ate prior to Omad and before I was eating biscuits, pasta, chocolate bread throughout the day... Now I hardly eat any of those if any...

I know the theory keep going and thats it but its still discouraging when you are already doing an effort.

If I go back to caloric mathematics maybe I am moving too little and thus spending too little calories and my body is just adapting to that...
    In which case I either have to move more or eat less..or fast longer

Going to remove cheese and chocolate plus carbs such as bread pasta biscuits for a while see what happens and stick to proteins and vegetables with medium fat
  • barbheart
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I get so many good ideas from the meal pictures on OMAD group.
    Like this one, putting a little rice in the salad. I never would have considered that.

Happy to be the one inspiring you Jim for once! hahah! yes rice salads are popular aswell at least I´ve had them for ever!