Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    As Steph says: "nom" "nom"!!!! yummie salad!!! love your pics Sandy!!!! super nicely presented!!!! so inviting!!! <3

Thank you! I was inspired by you and the gorgeous way you present yours. :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Sure thing @mistymeadows2005 and @tlblanksfit!

And thank you both, it was one of the best salads I've ever made and super filling! I even bought new bid wooden salad bowls because I get irritated eating big salads from a plate. Lol

I love your bowl! We always used to have salad out of wooden bowls as a kid, I'd forgotten that... I need some now! I always eat them out of a giant stainless steel mixing bowl and it's kind of embarrassing if there are other people visiting as the mixing bowl is SO big!

LOL, you wouldn't have to be embarrassed to eat out of it if I were around... I've done the same. One of my friends said that she agrees eating salad from wooden bowls makes them taste better, she concluded that may it's because it makes our endorphins rise. That may be true, we have memories of great salads in wooden bowls and it brings on the happy :-)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I feel left out! I don't have a wooden bowl!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I feel left out! I don't have a wooden bowl!

Me neither :/ but that salad looks so yummy :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Crying happy tears this morning as I just hit the 50 pounds gone milestone! Down 1.8 pounds for the week for a total loss of 50.1 pounds since March 5, 2017. I cannot tell you guys how freaking exciting this is for me and I have no intentions of stopping. I love this way of life!

lzmge2yygxzm.png

lol @1MADGIRL and @Brendalea69, I didn't have one until the other day. Salads taste even better in them, I swear lolol :-)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Great news Sandy, you're really on a roll. Believe me I know the elation when crossing those milestones.
    Congratulations!!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Great news Sandy, you're really on a roll. Believe me I know the elation when crossing those milestones.
    Congratulations!!

Aww, thanks Jim! You're the King of milestones so your kudos are greatly appreciated. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Yay 50 pounds gone forever!!! Im super excited for you :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options

Thanks so much, Brenda! Gone forever, though daily fluctuations will screw with for a while. Lol
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Thanks so much, Brenda! Gone forever, though daily fluctuations will screw with for a while. Lol

We will not concentrate on the dailies, just the weekly ;)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    ^^ Yes, exactly. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I knew you would make it. You are such an inspiration. Congratulations!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I knew you would make it. You are such an inspiration. Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much, Tracey :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great Going!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Great Going!

Thanks, Sammy :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Yassssss Yassssss Yassssss!!!!!! Amazing babe! Proud mama over here! You're a huge inspiration m'love!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Yassssss Yassssss Yassssss!!!!!! Amazing babe! Proud mama over here! You're a huge inspiration m'love!

Aww, shucks, thanks sweet lady!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow and wow!!!! So happy for you Sandy!!! what an achievement!!!! you seem to be working at this so gracefully its amazing!!! plus you dont deny yourself anything I am sooooo impressed!!!! stylish weight drop!!! Hoorey!!! (see I spelled it correctly just for your eyes only LOL)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Wow wow wow and wow!!!! So happy for you Sandy!!! what an achievement!!!! you seem to be working at this so gracefully its amazing!!! plus you dont deny yourself anything I am sooooo impressed!!!! stylish weight drop!!! Hoorey!!! (see I spelled it correctly just for your eyes only LOL)

Thank you so much, Barbara! And you're a great source of support for me outside of groups and I want you to know how much it means to me. And I do have to laugh, you almost had it... Hooray! lolol

• wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hubby's first full day home after being offshore for a month. We took our daughter and son-in-law to lunch at Sonny's BBQ and I had their Sweet N Spicy lunch plate. Everything was awesome, though I didn't finish the last rib, nor all of the baked potato because I wanted save room for Breyer's Extra Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream with a brownie (kids made brownies yesterday and I "delayed" having one until today, haha) Anyway, time for the pool and maybe a Heinken Light or three w/lime. :-)

**Also had a single serving bag of teriyaki beef jerky and an ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese wrapped inside 2 slices of deli ham to last me until we ate out.

cxedrfpi26bq.jpg
    lb3nk5ujzkaa.jpg