Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    A good Morning!!

Hope you don't overdo with the walking!! I am pretty sure I should have invested in Chloraseptic spray over the years. Especially here in the humid south. I am sure I have bought hundreds of bottles for my throat. Which means for my huge tonsils, lol! I used to get a terrible sore throat from going in and out of the hot day to the car A/C. Thank goodness that has stopped for the most part. Still, could hardly live without it. :#

I am not sure we have Safeway down here. I will have to google. I know we had it somewhere we lived and I liked shopping there. I divide between Publix's, Winn Dixie, and Food Outlet. Winn Dixie has changed their places to get gas with your savings from the Plenti card. I have had trouble with the new screens and the gas stations are not my favorites. I have been using my points to get discounts instead at the store when I shop. Winn Dixie has gotten rid of many brands I has bought, so my shopping at Publix's has increased. Also, their cards give bonus points but I rarely use the items listed, or they show up just after I have bought the product, so do not need it. They are big on giving points to other business I really do not want or need. It was a good savings at first. Not so much now for me, at least. Plus you get to be bombarded with lots of e-mails you must open and activate. I am more of the just give me my discount and do not make me play games mentality, lol! :s

I had forgot how those eggs were made! Very intricate work. Interesting!! Glad of the humor, too!!
    Take care and I hope you feel a bit better each day!! Take it easy!! ..Jan B)

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor and some links

Hi
    I did a little walking today, I still have a sore throat. The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch.

It started raining about 10 minutes before I left to get some coffee. If I had not slept in late I could have been ahead of it :(
    It kept alternating between a light rain and heavy rain with periods of Thunder.
    I have ended up with the bottom of my shorts wet from the rain since I only wore the Rain Jacket. It was not that comfortable between the Humidity, Temperature and lack of air flow from the rain gear. I hope Your day goes well. The rain is forecast to go away later and then come back late afternoon with Thunderstorms again.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    A good Morning!!

Hope you don't overdo with the walking!! I am pretty sure I should have invested in Chloraseptic spray over the years. Especially here in the humid south. I am sure I have bought hundreds of bottles for my throat. Which means for my huge tonsils, lol! I used to get a terrible sore throat from going in and out of the hot day to the car A/C. Thank goodness that has stopped for the most part. Still, could hardly live without it. :#

I am not sure we have Safeway down here. I will have to google. I know we had it somewhere we lived and I liked shopping there. I divide between Publix's, Winn Dixie, and Food Outlet. Winn Dixie has changed their places to get gas with your savings from the Plenti card. I have had trouble with the new screens and the gas stations are not my favorites. I have been using my points to get discounts instead at the store when I shop. Winn Dixie has gotten rid of many brands I has bought, so my shopping at Publix's has increased. Also, their cards give bonus points but I rarely use the items listed, or they show up just after I have bought the product, so do not need it. They are big on giving points to other business I really do not want or need. It was a good savings at first. Not so much now for me, at least. Plus you get to be bombarded with lots of e-mails you must open and activate. I am more of the just give me my discount and do not make me play games mentality, lol! :s

I had forgot how those eggs were made! Very intricate work. Interesting!! Glad of the humor, too!!
    Take care and I hope you feel a bit better each day!! Take it easy!! ..Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    If You look at the list of grocery stores owned by Albertsons You might find a chain near You.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albertsons
    Albertsons operates stores under the following banners:[93]
    Acme: 178 locations (CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY and PA) [94]
    Albertsons: 575 locations (AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, LA, MT, NV, NM, ND, OR, TX, UT, WA and WY)
    Andronico's: One location (CA), will be Safeway after permits pass through.
    Amigos: 4 locations (TX)
    Carrs: 24 locations (Alaska)
    Haggen: 15 locations (OR and WA)
    Jewel-Osco: 187 locations (IL, IA, and IN)
    Lucky: 2 locations (CA and NV)
    Market Street: 12 locations (TX)
    Pak 'n Save (California)
    Pavilions: 36 locations (Southern California)
    Randall's: 44[95] locations (Greater Houston and Greater Austin)
    Safeway: 1,308 locations (Alaska, Arizona, Northern California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, Northern Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming)
    Shaw's and Star Market: 169 locations (MA, ME, NH, RI and VT)
    Super Saver Foods: 2 locations (UT)
    Tom Thumb: 64[95] locations (Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex)
    United Supermarkets: 37 locations (North Texas and Texas Panhandle)
    Vons: 325 locations (Southern California and Southern Nevada)

I am feeling better each day, it appears that the medicine is helping.

I am easing back into walking cautiously.
    We get savings offers from the ShopRite when using their tags too. Many of them are useless with the occasional freebie thrown in.

And I can go to their website and add coupons from the website to the key tag and not need a physical coupon. Most of the savings offered are of the who needs these category.

Congrats for being consistent
    7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/17/2017
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Happy week-end!

I hope your weather improves. That is just a bummer to get out and have it rain so!! Glad you are feeling a little bit better! You sure have that sore throat a while. I would have thought it might go into a cold. I don't know if that would be a good thing or not! :|

I was home today. The guys came to cut grass. It really needed it with the rain. My daughter called and wanted to know if we could go Chinese. We were going tomorrow. I think we now have a standing date on Friday to eat and go to the market! I did very well today, for once here lately. I had a real simple pork with cabbage and rice. It was just right and homey. I bought some green tea at the market which is decaffeinated naturally. So it stays healthy. I also bought some bitter melon tea which is good for blood sugars and cleansing, but quite safe. It cools internal heat like in inflammation. Though I would get a little more healthy as I was overdoing the carbs in the last few weeks. I can tell, as I have not felt too well. Just eating better today, I could feel the difference. :)

Tomorrow nite we are going to see Gladys Knight. She is like 75 now, and her voice is phenomenal still. Hope it will be fun!! We may be the only white folk! :# Hope you continue to feel better! Headed for humor!! ..Jan :)
  • lucitamm
    lucitamm Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I am new to My fitness pal....J lost 50 lbs on weight watchers several years ago and loved it. Then they changed the plan and the weight loss stopped cold. Then they changed the web site and It only really works on a smart phone now. I was waiting for them to fix that, but I grt so angry that I need yo find something else. I am optimistic that I can lose the next 100 lbs using this. Has anyone lost a lot using this?
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    I have posted more humor

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch.
    We had some heavy rain yesterday in the late afternoon with Thunder.

I am feeling better, Yesterday a while after I posted that the Antibiotics have been bothering me I found out that I should not have tempted fate. I did Pick up something labeled Active Culture Probiotics at the supermarket and that seems to be helping.

I also got what I suspect was a good but at the ShopRite, Organic Apples both Braeburn and Pink Lady for 99 cents a pound with their Key Tag.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy week-end!

I hope your weather improves. That is just a bummer to get out and have it rain so!! Glad you are feeling a little bit better! You sure have that sore throat a while. I would have thought it might go into a cold. I don't know if that would be a good thing or not! :|

I was home today. The guys came to cut grass. It really needed it with the rain. My daughter called and wanted to know if we could go Chinese. We were going tomorrow. I think we now have a standing date on Friday to eat and go to the market! I did very well today, for once here lately. I had a real simple pork with cabbage and rice. It was just right and homey. I bought some green tea at the market which is decaffeinated naturally. So it stays healthy. I also bought some bitter melon tea which is good for blood sugars and cleansing, but quite safe. It cools internal heat like in inflammation. Though I would get a little more healthy as I was overdoing the carbs in the last few weeks. I can tell, as I have not felt too well. Just eating better today, I could feel the difference. :)

Tomorrow nite we are going to see Gladys Knight. She is like 75 now, and her voice is phenomenal still. Hope it will be fun!! We may be the only white folk! :# Hope you continue to feel better! Headed for humor!! ..Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    I can feel it when I do not eat properly too :(

The house across the street has a yard service come to mow, What they mow is beyond me as the front yard is mainly stunted grass or bare earth due to the Big tree by the street. Many time when they mow all they seem to do is kink up a dust storm. Maybe the back yard has grass, I do not know as we can not see it.

I doubt that You will be the only ones there she does have a following.

Enjoy the show.

Congratulation on getting back on track
    11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/18/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    lucitamm wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to My fitness pal....J lost 50 lbs on weight watchers several years ago and loved it. Then they changed the plan and the weight loss stopped cold. Then they changed the web site and It only really works on a smart phone now. I was waiting for them to fix that, but I grt so angry that I need yo find something else. I am optimistic that I can lose the next 100 lbs using this. Has anyone lost a lot using this?

Hi
    You can lose the weight by using MFP exclusively by using the tracker. Or You add in Jenny or NutriSystem and make it easy. I will mention that the NS plan is the one I am familiar with. I find it to be inexpensive overall and You do eat healthy. They say four servings of Vegetables etc.

I have lost as of yesterday 224+ pounds so You can do it. I am now so much more mobile. I started walking after some weight loss where I could actually do it. I use that for much of my exercise FWIW.
    Which is not as impressive as this user's loss of 290 pounds so far.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/ssflbelle2012

Many complaints about WW when they changed things.

Look up reviews regarding NS, WW, Jenny and let them help You.

I mentioned that the NS plan is inexpensive, I accomplish that by combings discounted gift cards and the Free shipping and a 20% discount that the Plan I have offers.

My main meal through them is Lunch. I like their Lunch melts better than the Lean Pockets or Hot Pockets versions.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • lucitamm
    lucitamm Posts: 5 Member
    Roger, thank you for the encouragement. I am so glad that you are feeling better and getting around well. I feel so much more supported and excited about taking control of myself again.
  • Buttons61
    Hi!!

Well, in spite of myself, lol, had a good stay on target day!! Yay!! :#

I went and did some shopping, and only had to go to one store. It was kind of a blessing as I was not feeling too ambitious! I lucked out and they had Chester's food too, even if it was frozen. I did not think they had been carrying it. I was so thankful to not run all over town. I am cooking for church tomorrow, so it was a busy day. My daughter and I hit the Shakespeare Festival which hosted Gladys Knight. The show was so phenomenal. She is just the consummate artist, and has a real God-given voice. And she can sing any kind of music. It was a nice mix of old hits, old motown, Prince, and just some songs she picked by other Artists. She is one of a kind, just soul and love on stage. It was just awesome.

Here it is almost midnite, and I still need to put together my 7 layer salad, lol! Then be up by 6am for more cooking. Sundays get rough when you get older! I am just not an early riser...

Your humor page was pretty awesome too!! Thanks for adding to it!! Hope you are almost rid of that sore throat!! Bet it seems longer even to you!! Are you set for the eclipse, lol? My daughter's county schools are letting out at 11:30 on Monday. (liability for blindness). I noticed our freeway signs have to use your headlights on, during the eclipse.That seems weird...... It was kind of twilitey but I did not think of it being such you had to tell people if it gets that dark. Maybe i do not remember that well, and of course, I was home, not driving. We will be at 90% here, if the clouds do not mess us up for seeing it!! ..Take care!! Congrats on so much wt. lost!!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    And more humor today

Hi
    I did some walking once again + 1 cent, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch. Lower Humidity today too.

I did treat myself to two scrambled eggs, Whole Wheat Toast and a few of the Home Fries in the middle of my walk.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!!

Well, in spite of myself, lol, had a good stay on target day!! Yay!! :#

I went and did some shopping, and only had to go to one store. It was kind of a blessing as I was not feeling too ambitious! I lucked out and they had Chester's food too, even if it was frozen. I did not think they had been carrying it. I was so thankful to not run all over town. I am cooking for church tomorrow, so it was a busy day. My daughter and I hit the Shakespeare Festival which hosted Gladys Knight. The show was so phenomenal. She is just the consummate artist, and has a real God-given voice. And she can sing any kind of music. It was a nice mix of old hits, old motown, Prince, and just some songs she picked by other Artists. She is one of a kind, just soul and love on stage. It was just awesome.

Here it is almost midnite, and I still need to put together my 7 layer salad, lol! Then be up by 6am for more cooking. Sundays get rough when you get older! I am just not an early riser...

Your humor page was pretty awesome too!! Thanks for adding to it!! Hope you are almost rid of that sore throat!! Bet it seems longer even to you!! Are you set for the eclipse, lol? My daughter's county schools are letting out at 11:30 on Monday. (liability for blindness). I noticed our freeway signs have to use your headlights on, during the eclipse.That seems weird...... It was kind of twilitey but I did not think of it being such you had to tell people if it gets that dark. Maybe i do not remember that well, and of course, I was home, not driving. We will be at 90% here, if the clouds do not mess us up for seeing it!! ..Take care!! Congrats on so much wt. lost!!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Did I never mention that Loss ?
    SSFBelle2012 has been rocking the weight loss even more that I.

I'm so glad You enjoyed the Gladys Knight show to that extent.

It never gets easier getting up at 6AM

I am not what You could call ready, No special glasses or anything.
    I would hope that if it gets to dark to drive safely the drivers know to put on the lights :)

Congratulations
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/19/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Buttons61 yesterday has logged in for 380 days in a row!
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    lucitamm wrote: »
    Roger, thank you for the encouragement. I am so glad that you are feeling better and getting around well. I feel so much more supported and excited about taking control of myself again.

Hi
    The Keys to success, Tracking what You eat. I find that a digital scale that can weigh in Grams or Ounces helps. I prefer grams as they are more accurate as they are smaller per unit. use the food and exercise trackers here.

Good Luck, You can do it.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I made it thru my crazy couple days!! I am so excited! This whole week will be more normal. I am so looking forward to that. My foot even feel much better! Love it when things look up!!

Congrats on finding your 1 cent. You are rich again!! :)

I fell asleep for about 25 minutes watching a show. Guess who will be up a while, lol!

NASA is having a special coverage on TV for the eclipse. You may get that!

Thanks for more humor!! Always a good thing! :#

Welcome lucitamm! Roger always has good ideas!! ..(I knew your wt. loss, Roger-good enough to be impressed again!!) ...Jan ;)
  • RogerToo
    Once again more humor and what a pair of the Heck images :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch the same as yesterday.

Breakfast will be a NS Cinnamon Roll

We are forecast to be in the 75% Eclipse area. The news this morning had a warning not to use the eclipse glasses from one Jersey Shore amusement location and to bring them in for a refund. It would seem that the scammers do not give one hoot if they cause eye damage as long as they get the money.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I made it thru my crazy couple days!! I am so excited! This whole week will be more normal. I am so looking forward to that. My foot even feel much better! Love it when things look up!!

Congrats on finding your 1 cent. You are rich again!! :)

I fell asleep for about 25 minutes watching a show. Guess who will be up a while, lol!

NASA is having a special coverage on TV for the eclipse. You may get that!

Thanks for more humor!! Always a good thing! :#

Welcome lucitamm! Roger always has good ideas!! ..(I knew your wt. loss, Roger-good enough to be impressed again!!) ...Jan ;)

Hi Jan
    I noticed that You were up late, it showed 6 hours ago for Your status when I logged in at nearly 8AM.

I would be rich enough if I had been the One Million Dollar winner in NJ on Saturday's Powerball drawing. Not to be :(

I may watch the NASA show, I will likely look out the Picture Window at the darkening sky.

A Couple of things in todays humor will make You go hmm...

Cheers
    Roger

For others here is the humor link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10166490/humorous-pictures#latest
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

It felt so nice to sleep in till 9 am!! I got to bed on Sat. nite about 2 am, fell asleep around 4 am, and got up at 6:15 am. Those 15 extra minutes made all the difference, lol! I also had coffee with real caffeine in the am. Long day on Sunday!! So grateful for an at home and normal day!! :)

The eclipse was pretty awesome. There was a big difference in the 100% total I saw in Montana in 1979 and this one at 90%, though. That 10% makes a lot of difference. Still, we had roosters crowing, birds nesting, and about a 4 degree drop in temperature. It was still interesting. I had a 10x 50 binocular with solar filters on. The flies and bugs liked to annoy me to death, though! Chester was agitated and May sat on my feet outside in the sun. They are both asleep, just out cold, from all their 'energy expenditure!'.

A friend had a FB picture of her in her welders glasses hood. She titled it Redneck Solar Glasses!

I can't wait till we are in the 60's!! :D ..Take care!! Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Welcome Lucitamm! Hi Jan &Roger. Roger hope you get all better from that bug that you're fighting. Jan, I hate it when parking structure elevators go out! Plus, very sad for uour friend w cancer...and all her friends. Eclipse was 60%here...barely noticeable by just looking around. Em and I used a homemade box to view the eclipse, so that was nice. I think the sinus washes are helping me beat my sinus infection. Em starts high school on Wednesday. I'm still employed and things continue to go from zero available work to overloaded and back again. I'm really having trouble finding my mojo again...gained back even more weight. I feel completely miserable (weight-wise).
  • RogerToo
    And more humor today too

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch with high humidity.
    The forecast high is 93 and then some unsettled weather is forecast to move in later in the day.

It got dark here yesterday due to the eclipse and then it brightened again.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

It felt so nice to sleep in till 9 am!! I got to bed on Sat. nite about 2 am, fell asleep around 4 am, and got up at 6:15 am. Those 15 extra minutes made all the difference, lol! I also had coffee with real caffeine in the am. Long day on Sunday!! So grateful for an at home and normal day!! :)

The eclipse was pretty awesome. There was a big difference in the 100% total I saw in Montana in 1979 and this one at 90%, though. That 10% makes a lot of difference. Still, we had roosters crowing, birds nesting, and about a 4 degree drop in temperature. It was still interesting. I had a 10x 50 binocular with solar filters on. The flies and bugs liked to annoy me to death, though! Chester was agitated and May sat on my feet outside in the sun. They are both asleep, just out cold, from all their 'energy expenditure!'.

A friend had a FB picture of her in her welders glasses hood. She titled it Redneck Solar Glasses!

I can't wait till we are in the 60's!! :D ..Take care!! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I agree that not a lot beats a good nights sleep followed by Coffee...

There is no reason that Welder Goggles would not work and if You already had them why spend money on Eclipse Glasses ?

Me I was to cheap to buy he special glasses :)

I was amazed by all the gloom and doom predictions due to the eclipse. My take on it is every day the sun sets and then rises so how much effect should a eclipse really have on animals or Solar Energy?

Congratulations on this.
    Buttons61 12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 8/21/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Cheers
    Roger